It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt Treasure Hunters find amazing ancient artifacts( Real or fake?)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The poor video isn't much help.

But the stuff looks very crude. None of the precision of genuine Egyptian artifacts. It all has a "stamped out" quality.

My guess is they're mass produced souvenirs manufactured in Egypt for the tourist trade in the 1960s or earlier. And then someone put it in a cave hoping to con some buyers.

Just my initial impression.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye
thank you for posting the link for the second vid.

what a find if it is real! too bad camera quality wasn't good enough to be able to get a read of some of the glyphs or cartouches.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moresby
The poor video isn't much help.

But the stuff looks very crude. None of the precision of genuine Egyptian artifacts. It all has a "stamped out" quality.

My guess is they're mass produced souvenirs manufactured in Egypt for the tourist trade in the 1960s or earlier. And then someone put it in a cave hoping to con some buyers.

Just my initial impression.

Interesting you say that. I am sadly not qualified there whatsoever, but just from LOOKING at this it seems real but of course I can't say.

IF this is real, then I think this is a horrible thing. That find to me looks at least on the level of the tomb of King Tut if not trumps it even.

We have grave robbers here who have not one inch of interest to even document their find, they didn't even bother getting a better camera than a $50 cell phone. We won't ever see any of those pieces, they will be sold whoever has the most money and end up in some 1% mansions. Wonderful. Just looking at that one room, assuming those are real artifacts, including the sarcophagos etc.. this is an entire museum right there. Based on my own amateurish knowledge I have about Egyptology I'd say this would be one of the most spectacular finds in history..IF it's real of course.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I am willing to hedge a bet that it's fake. All you would need is some clay and some paint. Then kick some dust up to cover them a little and make it look like it's old. We could even recreate this scene anywhere in the world...

Unless something more comes of it in the terms of evidence, I will not be so easily convinced. It may be real, but chances are it probably isn't considering the data available currently. I would also expect more video, including video of picking up and inspecting at least a few of the artifacts and performing gold tests to verify it's purity. It may just be plated or painted, so these tests are important.

I didn't see the other video so I am not sure if this was shown or not yet. If so, please share I'd love to see it.

(Edit: Watching 2nd video now, thanks for the link)
edit on 6/4/2014 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The Liveleak "Room 2" video is much more convincing. 11 minutes is much better to get a feel for the location.

I really would like to see a gold test performed though. There are various ways to achieve that and there are plenty of items to try it on.

I will concede that everything seems to look legit. But we need that test and having some corroboration wouldn't hurt either.

Anyhow, I'm still undecided. But thanks for the 2nd vid it helps a lot.
edit on 6/4/2014 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Looks like someone invested in a bulk order of the poorest quality tourist reproductions, spray painted the lot, threw in a plastic alien figurine and then filmed them in glorious black and white, just mental health issues.

edit on Kpm630154vAmerica/ChicagoWednesday0430 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Fake, they are stylistically inaccurate, shoddy reproduction quality. The way that the sand is laying on them and the way they are arranged looks very staged as well.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
How are people saying it's fake with 100% cert, when there is no data to prove its real or fake.

Mars Rocks?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Here's some photos of the type of tourist souvenirs that some of us think the objects in the videos resemble:

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Thanks Mianeye for the link, the second video is most interesting. I will follow this story to see where it leads. If real, and this does not look fake (but not impossible), it will write new chapters in Egyptology history.

Nice find OP. I hope this is the real deal and it is entirely recovered for all the world to treasure and study for new knowledge.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
HOAX!! This stuff is far too clean.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I don't know, I'd like to believe but I don't. The face upper left at the very end of the video looks CGI. Impressive video though, gave me the willies in a good way.

Aren't there typically pottery vases filled with the treasure? How come they weren't stacked around?

These guys:

edit on 4-6-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I'm calling BS on this one. The tomb is rough hewn, not smoothed or walls decorated. If you look at other tombs in egypt, most are decorated to celebrate the life of the deceased. Nothing here, especially with all the so called' finery' buried with the deceased.
I'm thinking this is someone's dug out basement with a ton of fake 'artifacts' in it

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
A Live Leak video uploaded by someone named "Steady Eddy" seems just a wee bit fat fetched to me...

And what is all that background noise in the first video, anyone recognize the source?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I vote fake; it looks like an Egyptian tourist trap disgorged in there. None of the statues are unique, they're all reproductions of things we've seen before, the white statues look like plaster, the faience (blue porcelain work) is no where near up to standards and the 'gold' stuff looks more like electra gold/silver mix, or just paint. If this was a sealed chamber just opened, it would be pristine. And, there's no wooden artifacts. If you had a treasure like that worth literally a King's Ransom, you'd dust at least one piece off for the camera and show it clearly to start a bidding war. And that 'alien' looking one is a repro of the Akhenaton daughter's statue.

Hopefully they'll make a fortune scamming some One Percenters, though.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
I'm calling BS on this one. The tomb is rough hewn, not smoothed or walls decorated. If you look at other tombs in egypt, most are decorated to celebrate the life of the deceased. Nothing here, especially with all the so called' finery' buried with the deceased.
I'm thinking this is someone's dug out basement with a ton of fake 'artifacts' in it

not all of them were, the earliest tombs had very few decorations. also later in the 21st dynasty the preists moved the mummies twice, and i would guess all that was burried with them.

here is a little info from the wiki.Valley of the Kings

he majority of the royal tombs were decorated with religious texts and images. The early tombs were decorated with scenes from Amduat ('That Which is in the Underworld'), which describes the journey of the sun-god through the twelve hours of the night. From the time of Horemheb, tombs were decorated with the Book of Gates, which shows the sun-god passing through the twelve gates that divide the night time, and ensure the tomb owner's own safe passage through the night.[55] These earliest tombs were generally sparsely decorated, and those of a non-royal nature were totally undecorated.

By the end of the New Kingdom, Egypt had entered a long period of political and economic decline. The priests at Thebes grew in power and effectively administered Upper Egypt, while kings ruling from Tanis controlled Lower Egypt. Some attempt at using the open tombs was made at the start of the Twenty-first Dynasty, with the High Priest of Amun, Pinedjem I, adding his cartouche to KV4.[86] The Valley began to be heavily plundered, so during the Twenty-first Dynasty the priests of Amun opened most of the tombs and moved the mummies into three tombs in order to better protect them, even removing most of their treasure in order to further protect the bodies from robbers. Most of these were later moved to a single cache near Deir el-Bari (known as TT320); located in the cliffs overlooking Hatshepsut's famous temple, this mass reburial contained a large number of royal mummies.[35][87] They were found in a great state of disorder, many placed in other's coffins, and several are still unidentified. Other mummies were moved to the tomb of Amenhotep II, where over a dozen mummies, many of them royal, were later relocated.[88]

edit on 4-6-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
looks like a stash site
probably from previously looted sites
looting from the looters
what goes around..
edit on 4-6-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

That is the most amazing site I have ever seen. it looks real, but why is there no dust on the gold statues? if its real, its the archaeological find of the century.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: all2human

the placement of the artifacts looks purposeful and ritualistic. there is no doubt these items are represented as intact where originally found. the bones on the floor show that as well. the positioning of the statues etc. is compellingly symbolic. this is amazing if its real.
edit on 5-6-2014 by urmenimu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Seems like the floor is rather sandy for an unopened tomb, also everything is lightly sanded, but one would think that with that much sand in the place all the stuff on the ground would be completely covered.

Also, the bones are all mixed up and if the slaves/builders were buried too then you would see intact skeleton remains, not bones just laying all over the place. Also no writing on the walls, kind of an important part in all this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join