It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Dept. Tells U.S. Citizens to leave Lybia Immediately

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

May 27, 2014, 11:07 PM GMT 16m
US State Department issues travel warning for Libya, recommending US citizens leave country immediately due to security concerns - @StateDept
End of alert

Report: USS Bataan deployed with about 1,000 Marines off Libya coast in case US embassy must be evacuated, defense official says - @AFP
Read more on yahoo.com
I just saw this breaking news alert on Greta, they broke in on regular program. I'm looking for more sources to add.

www.breakingnews.com...

Des

State Dept. Tells U.S. Citizens to leave Lybia Immediately

I don't really know what is happening, just saw the alert on the news. I'm guessing it may have something to do with Benghazi.

Will keep updated with news as I find it.

Des

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
It's just hitting the web now...

State Department tells U.S. citizens to leave Libya immediately
Source: Reuters - Tue, 27 May 2014 11:25 PM
Author: Reuters

WASHINGTON, May 27 (Reuters) - The State Department on Tuesday told U.S. citizens in Libya to leave the country immediately, warning that the security situation remained "unpredictable and unstable."

"The Department of State warns U.S. citizens against all travel to Libya and recommends that U.S. citizens currently in Libya depart immediately," the State Department said in a new travel warning.

The last travel warning for Libya issued on Dec. 12 strongly advised against all but essential travel to Tripoli and against traveling outside the capital.
www.trust.org...

Des

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

GOOGLE-NEWS: "Libya Evacuation" ( past 24 hours )

-
OPINION: ACTIVE ... and ... CREDIBLE.
edit on 27-5-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Interesting and this sounds suspect from your link:

Libya's Ansar al-Shariah militant leader in Benghazi warns US not to interfere or face 'worse than Somalia, Iraq or Afghanistan'

But I can't find any reporting, just tweets and one liners?

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
What the heck are US citizens doing in lybia right now anyway?....

Are things stable now???

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: speculativeoptimist

I'm searching for hard data now...just posted the breaking news. I will admit, my first thought was, how will this impact the Benghazi investigation. Will this make a lot of questions fall into the category of classified information?

Des

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightningStrikesHere

Are things stable now???

It's now posted on the U.S. Gov Travel web pag.

The Department of State warns U.S. citizens against all travel to Libya and recommends that U.S. citizens currently in Libya depart immediately. Due to security concerns, the Department of State has limited staffing at Embassy Tripoli and is only able to offer very limited emergency services to U.S. citizens in Libya. This Travel Warning supersedes the Travel Warning issued on December 12, 2013.

The security situation in Libya remains unpredictable and unstable. The Libyan government has not been able to adequately build its military and police forces and improve security following the 2011 revolution. Many military-grade weapons remain in the hands of private individuals, including antiaircraft weapons that may be used against civilian aviation. Crime levels remain high in many parts of the country. In addition to the threat of crime, various groups have called for attacks against U.S. citizens and U.S. interests in Libya. Extremist groups in Libya have made several specific threats this year against U.S. government officials, citizens, and interests in Libya. Because of the presumption that foreigners, especially U.S. citizens, in Libya may be associated with the U.S. government or U.S. NGOs, travelers should be aware that they may be targeted for kidnapping, violent attacks, or death. U.S. citizens currently in Libya should exercise extreme caution and depart immediately.
travel.state.gov...

I guess they have some situation that is making them take it seriously.

Des

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Bet this changes Kerry's agreed upon appearance before Gowdy's Benghazi committee....

Des

+14 more 
posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

why it is happening could be answered with 100 sound bites from 100 talking heads. Could things be any more effed up Libya?

The only answer that I can entertain is that Gaddafi should be alive and in control of the peaceful nation that used to be Libya. Instead his character was assassinated, his cries for help were ignored. The US (contractors) backed Al Qaeda against Gaddafi and then left with Al Qaeda running the show.

Did the US even have an exit plan? Was there any observers left to make sure the people had a proper government? Did the media think to care? Why was Gaddafi dethroned anyway?

Why is the US ordering their citizens out of Libya? Because they can't control the situation because they never had a plan. The first day after Gaddafi was drug through the streets by western backed barbarians, A central bank was establishes. That was the plan. That's it. Open a bank.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Prior to our interference in this country and our making sure that Gaddafi was eliminated, things were going well there. Until Gaddafi decided to put his currency back on the gold standard and away from the US petro dollar.

www.finalcall.com...

Now Libya is in utter chaos, years later, with "militias" battling it out. I don't feel that this is coincidental, either. Benghazi may have a heck of a lot to do with this latest fomentation of insanity.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone
Bet this changes Kerry's agreed upon appearance before Gowdy's Benghazi committee....

Des

OR

Lookie, Lookie !!!

See? We're not ... Entirely Incompetent !!!

AND ... Just Out:

White House Cancels (Tuesday's) Press Briefing After Office Blows CIA Identity

That means that White House Press Secretary Jay Carney won’t have to face reporters shortly after his office made a critical error.

-
OBSERVATION: How to spell ... 'Sensory Overload' ???

edit on 27-5-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone
...The security situation in Libya remains unpredictable and unstable...
...Many military-grade weapons remain in the hands of private individuals, including antiaircraft weapons that may be used against civilian aviation.
...Crime levels remain high in many parts of the country.
...In addition to the threat of crime, various groups have called for attacks against U.S. citizens and U.S. interests in Libya. Extremist groups in Libya have made several specific threats this year against U.S. government officials, citizens, and interests in Libya.
...travelers should be aware that they may be targeted for kidnapping, violent attacks, or death.

Maybe it's just me, but - the quoted text reminds me of the pharmaceutical commercials on television... "May increase risk of sleepiness, bad breath, vomiting, hyper-mind-control, suicidal thoughts, and sometimes death. Consult a qualified travel agent..."

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
Why was Gaddafi dethroned anyway?

he ultimately chose not to abide by/sell by the US controlled/measured petro-dollar...

thus he 'had to go'

's not like the first time that's happened.

turn on the dollar and ya better be ready for retaliations on a near global scale..... against 'you'.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: 12m8keall2c

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
Why was Gaddafi dethroned anyway?

he ultimately chose not to abide by/sell by the US controlled/measured petro-dollar...

thus he 'had to go'

's not like the first time that's happened.

turn on the dollar and ya better be ready for retaliations on a near global scale..... against 'you'.

Yes, but it is not like the USG said that publicly. What was the BS reason we destroyed Libya? I seriously forgot.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Why would any American or Westerner still be in Libya? It's a terrorist hell hole! We can thank NATO & western powers for that. Once Gadaffi was given the boot the terrorists moved in. Same situation happened in Iraq. We bring them freedom & democracy..... or murder and chaos.

Clearly the state department doesn't want a Benghazi 2.0 happening.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA
As I recall, the "BS" reason was that Gaddafi was a horrible person who tortured his own people, and they suddenly wanted him out, and he was a monster who had to be removed as the Libyans were "begging" for American-style democrazy (not a spelling error). Same thing with Saddam.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

The way I remember the "official" story was that France led NATO on a campaign of airstrikes because Libya had supposedly been threatening to lob missiles over in that direction. That's how it was sold in the media at least.

edit on 27-5-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
This is a link to the breaking news alert on Fox Gretta show...I can't embed this vid. You'll have to go to link to see it.

I can't find it anywhere else...

therightscoop.com...

If anyone knows how to embed this, help is appreciated. I can only do utube vids for some reason.

Des

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Are things stable now???

There's the sanctioned arms smugglers, the CIA and MIC folks, the international oil companies, and various support. And then like a few crazy adventurers.

My opinion on the Benghazi incident after reading basically everything available is that the compound was used as both an arms smuggling station as well as a coordinating center for the organization of coups and insurgent activities in other nations.

I dunno.. am I just on ATS too much? Am I crazy thinking this is how the world works now? Do I have an overactive imagination? Or am I just sharp at discerning patterns of information in a pile of muck?

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna

Are things stable now???

There's the sanctioned arms smugglers, the CIA and MIC folks, the international oil companies, and various support. And then like a few crazy adventurers.

My opinion on the Benghazi incident after reading basically everything available is that the compound was used as both an arms smuggling station as well as a coordinating center for the organization of coups and insurgent activities in other nations.

I dunno.. am I just on ATS too much? Am I crazy thinking this is how the world works now? Do I have an overactive imagination? Or am I just sharp at discerning patterns of information in a pile of muck?

Right on bro ! Thanks for info, I haven't looked much into the whole Benghazi ordeal , but now you have sparked my interest.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join