It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Dept. Tells U.S. Citizens to leave Lybia Immediately

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Well, they either have a credible threat or -- (or perhaps "and") they are going to mount an operation "to bring the perpetrators of the Benghazi attack to justice" based on "credible intelligence as the result of months of investigation", and they expect some blowback.

Then when the Benghazi questions pop up at press conferences or debates, the administration has a new talking point to repeat over and over while ignoring the actual content of the questions. "Benghazi was a tragedy. And I brought those responsible to justice, just as I hunted down OBL for his crimes"

Too cynical?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

I would assume, like many other countries, they are there destabilizing the region and spying. War profit is good and booming.

Yeah most likely i ageee with that

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Send in the Marines...again...

U.S. Navy Ship Moves Toward Libya as Americans Urged to Leave
U.S. Dispatches 1,000 Marines as Security Problems Worsen in the North African Country

WASHINGTON—The U.S. military has dispatched 1,000 Marines on an amphibious assault ship to the Mediterranean Sea as the State Department urged Americans to leave Libya immediately because of the worsening security problems in the North African country.

The USS Bataan has been moved to the region to give U.S. extra help if it is needed, Col. Steve Warren, a Pentagon spokesman, said Wednesday.

The move comes as the State Department urged Americans in Libya to leave amid increasing attacks on the fragile government. "The Department of State warns U.S. citizens against all travel to Libya and recommends that U.S. citizens currently in Libya depart immediately," the new State Department travel warning states.

Tripoli, the Libyan capital, is being increasingly consumed by destabilizing violence, including attacks in recent days on the Parliament and the new prime minister's home. The U.S. is particularly concerned about security in the country because of the continuing criticism of its response to the Sept. 11, 2012, attack on U.S. compounds in Benghazi that ended with the death of Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans.
online.wsj.com...

I think we shouldn't be in Libya at all....send the Marines home, here...to take care of our own border problems.

Des

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
State Dept. Tells U.S. Citizens to leave Lybia Immediately

Hmmm.

I just bet this is yet another manufactured "crisis" !!

Obama is so overwhelmed with failure after failure, they have to resort to crazyer and crazyer scenarios to cover up the damage already done.

Since when has Libya ever been "safe" for Americans ?

I wonder if the Boko Hair-brains are invading Libya ?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Gen. Khalifa Hifter, a former confidant of Muammar Gaddafi with a U.S. passport and a reputed history with the CIA. A resident of northern Virginia until the 2011 revolution that deposed his old boss.

time.com...

Let me get this right, A 71 year old Libyan General who is a U.S. Citizen with CIA contacts is running a coup in Libya.
I would say this action is Sanctioned by the CIA and this government/ International Bankers and Businesses.

The fact that the U.S. has positioned the USS Bataan (a Wasp-class amphibious assault ship commissioned in 1997) with 1000 Marines on board is telling me that the U.S. is backing this 100%

originally posted by: LightningStrikesHere
What the heck are US citizens doing in lybia right now anyway?....

Are things stable now???

Business is business and is conducted in all countries regardless of the conditions of those countries.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
It looks like there's a coup underway in Libya:

Thousands rallied on Friday in Libya's two main cities to a rogue general who has been pressing an offensive against jihadist militias in the east of the country for two weeks.

Authorities have accused Haftar of launching a coup, but he has said the people had given him a "mandate" for the operation.

Source

A CIA backed coup? I've never heard of such a thing. /sarcasm

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Obama, the weak willed wimp and puppet, who was browbeat by Hillary (the wicked witch of the west) Clinton, and Susan (the liar) Rice in entering the Libyan civil war, against all common sense and morality.

These two witches are under the thumb of the Globalist intent on doing absolutely ANYTHING that destabilizes the Arab world. They easily persuaded the useless fraud fake progressive Obama to destroy Libya, which is now a basket case.

As bad as Khadaffi was at least he had a viable country until the CIA coaxed “liberation” movement got under way.

Now Libya is falling apart and the US, after being the foremost in overthrowing the government of Khadaffi and murdering him, are just leaving the country in ruins.

Of course Obama is just the spineless puppet doing the chores of the devil Globalist as was George (the ignoramus) Bush was also their errand boy that destroyed Iraq.

This is done on orders from elite hidden higher ups who are doing everything they can do to do in Arabs who don’t lick their boots.

edit on 30-5-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

This is done on orders from elite hidden higher ups who are doing everything they can do to do in Arabs who don’t lick their boots.

won't comment on or address the rest, as there's little more need be said, but...

it's certainly not just or only 'arabs'. it's seemingly anyone who chooses not to adopt or pay into/deal with the western petro dollar/banking cartels, etc.

do that and ya might as well kiss your power or prominence 'good-bye'. Your life, even, apparently.

LOL spreading democracy LOL

one 'takeover at a time' LOL

edit on 5/30/2014 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
i quote "pressing an offensive against jihadist",,

Personally i dont see a problem,, hell they even might round up the ones responsible
for killing u know who,,

then put them on trial,,

cant wait.

(post by awendewindy removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join