It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Shootings Elliot Rodger Conspiracy.

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

(post by boymonkey74 removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Yup I did it was an honest brave post.

Judging everyone else, including their mental health on a forum that is called General Conspiracy seems extremely ridiculous not brave or intelligent, and by someone who says they experienced a "psychotic break" from reading here and yet here they are reading again...doubly ridiculous.

Whats better trying to make people better from mental illness? or not doing a thing?.

Why do you read this particular Forum? to help the mentally ill?

Should you not take that over to the medical or health forum?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: cestrup

So we are supposed to just accept everything you say? even though it is all just your opinion? even though you have not one bit of evidence this wasn't just a poorly guy who went postal.
People have picked apart all your views and you are mad.
You have not made any valid argument that shows me this is fake.
Sorry If you want everyone to agree with you but ATS like that.
Make an outlandish claim we expect some evidence supporting it...you have shown none.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

you take this like it's a win/lose. It's a discussion. And one that I'm getting nowhere with you as you pretend to be dense or act like there hasn't been anamolies. There have. You just take the apologist side (an opinion itself) and use that to construct your overview, then state that as fact. "That's grieving", "That's her talking to her director probably", "That's blood on the airbag" even though there was none. See, this is an line of examples of your assumptions which automatically become "the facts!"

Me and others are just talking, and so are some posters who are critical of us - not you or the other bunch. You're here to disrupt and call names. THAT IS NOT A DISCUSSION. I'd love to hear how you interpret what you've seen without having people diagnose me as having a mental disorder. WTF?? Remember the challenge of me talking to the father, face to face, about how I think his spiel was disingenous? Why don't you come and talk to me about my mental health, to my face? Seems fair right!?
edit on 30-5-2014 by cestrup because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Pennsylvania stabbing of 22 children, almost no media coverage.
Isla Vista 7 stabbed + 7 shot, lots of media coverage for gun control + MRA attacking.

Obvious political agenda is obvious.
edit on 30-5-2014 by vasaga because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
***ATTENTION***

This thread is being re-opened.

I must warn all of you, than ANY further T&C violations, will result in a posting ban of no less than 72hrs and a possible review of your account by staff. This tit for tat argumentative posting behavior ends here and now.

Discuss the topic, not each other to prevent any further actions.

Do not reply to this post.

~Tenth
ATS Super Mod
edit on 5/30/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Moresby

The problem with that theory is that it's the media that is promoting the idea that Asperger's is the link but not all of it. Here's an article from the Daily Beast that talks to multiple doctors about it. Part of the issue is that I could see autism being a misdiagnosis for individuals like Lanza or Rodgers because there is that "flat affect". However, flat affect could also be schizophrenia, psychosis, antisocial personality disorder.

www.thedailybeast.com...

Another problem with it is that you're taking characters that are doing essentially good things, albeit in a socially stunted way. That would be perceiving a defect as a positive, which as an autistic myself, I kind of appreciate. That's a contrasting image. On one hand, you have psycho killer and on the other, you have super smart whizzes that can sleuth out anything. If it was consistently poorly depicted both in entertainment and informative media, then I'd agree with your theory. However, as the two images of "what is autism?" are polar opposites in the media, it doesn't make sense.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

Only a matter of time. Now I wonder, if gun confiscation will actually be a reality because what are you going to do about people with mental health disorders that already previously own a gun?

This all sounds like training for gun confiscation. Start with the people with the "mental health problems" then move unto the regular folk.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I think a lot of you are spot on in that this is an agenda to create a mindset against mental disorder and a way of classifying citizenry. A little shuffling of the deck. I had a girlfriend once that worked with mentally challenged people after they graduated HS to teach them "life skills". Many were Aspergers and they were very intelligent, quiet types that could recite a song after hearing it once - but not aggressive at all. Maybe they had a much more potent form of Aspergers but I don't think their mind would be able to do the videos, manifesto or plot murders/rampage. It's just not the way they're wired and if one thing makes them the least bit uncomfortable - they were really upset. Again, maybe these were kids with a much more different form of Aspergers so maybe I'm comparing apples to orangutans!

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DEV1L79

What comes to mind here is the idea that these shootings are often perpetrated by Hollywood types. There is usually a prescription drug involved. And the Media jump on it immediately and utilize the story for their own agenda.

It actually does seem sort of hokey.

That's what it's all about.

A good question to ask one's self is, ''why are there people who want to disarm and become victims?''

And not only do they claim that they want to disarm, but they insist that you disarm. That seems to run counter to self preservation. It reminds me of the spoliation of the Egyptian generations.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Regarding gun control, I'll just leave this here:

FBI: More People Killed with Fists & Hammers Than with Rifles & Shotguns

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

And one that I'm getting nowhere with you as you pretend to be dense or act like there hasn't been anomalies. There have.

I don’t understand how he could have like overpowered three guys, all at the same time without any of them making a sound,” said the neighbor. “Cause I was right upstairs all night.”
The upstairs neighbor spoke to Mills but didn’t want his face shown on camera or his name used.

losangeles.cbslocal.com...

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

He was never diagnosed with Aspergers, I work with people with LD with autism and Aspergers, both very different.
People with Aspergers can go on have complete normal lives and not even know they have it.
Oh and Autism? gives people the strength of ten men, I look after a big lad of 22 with LD and autism and about twice a wek he gets frustrated and kicks off, yesterday it took 6 of us to restrain him and calm him down.
Like any of us you can get violent people whom have it and calm ones...mostly it is to do with fustration in the fact that they can not get their needs put across as easy as you or me.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Where are all the autistic strongmen at? Shouldn't we be seeing them dominating world's strongest man competitions?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Euphem

Do they get to hit the other contestants with hammers firsts before they compete?
Well that comment was assuming yours was in regard to the shooter over powering the three men, guess it is not.
And they are not in the comps because they can't control the strength

edit on thFri, 30 May 2014 16:34:42 -0500America/Chicago520144280 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Euphem

Doesn't work like that...they get strong when they are distressed and stuff.

www.brightmindsinstitute.com...

I can't find any real study but in all our training and experience they can be a lot stronger than people without it.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

lol about the strength though I think that Asperger's has been lumped back in with Autism Spectrum again. My son was diagnosed with Asperger's and it'd take 6 adults to hold him down for a simple shot when he was 11. He actually dislocated my jaw from violently rocking in my lap before he was even a year old. I think the big difference is that Apserger's patients are more adaptable and can "blend" a bit better. Btw, thanks for what you do.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
As someone who worked with multiple aspie kids, I can attest to this too: They are normally pretty gentle. Most dont like physical contact at all. But when they are agitated, its like a hyper focus-all of their attention goes to their muscles.

most people have no idea what it is like to have an aspie come at you with a shank, and to try and subdue them without hurting them or yourself.

Theres a reason we were taught certain restraint holds....
edit on 30-5-2014 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join