It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top secret gathering of ATS members

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Quauhtli

I'm thinking the outcome of such a gathering could possibly resemble the fight scene near the end of Anchorman 2.
LoL

www.youtube.com...
edit on 24-5-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Will the old banned members be invited or are they still banned.

If they do show up it could get real ugly real fast. Some still hold grudges.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: thorfourwinds

originally posted by: intrptr
I think a lot of members would approach the site hiding on the nearby hill top to look down at the meeting place through binoculars. That would be the meeting I would want to attend.

Greetings:

Hi buddy, still kicking it 'over there...lol

We thought we saw you at BundyGate.

Hey back TFW. I'm not up on that hill, I'm on the one behind you. Got you surrounded…

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

You know I thought about that. Maybe a graveyard of avatars where people can leave notes (Posts) in recognition and to pay respects.There are a lot of missed folks that aren't around anymore. Some have new avies. Either way, everyone should be invited, even those who don't have a presence yet.

I initially thought about jibijedi, but then thought he's probably still around just in new form.

In all seriousness, I think a gathering of members could turn out to be one of the coolest gatherings in so many ways. Although this thread may have been a lot of fun and imagination, I think one day it will happen.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Cool...those whom have multiple reincarnations can wear all their avatars....
( I really dislike that rolling on the floor laughing icon)...

Des...

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

Oh, we'd have to set up a VIP booth for Springer and any MODS that cared to attend. With an AMA session for all those questions we want to ask, that would be 404'd in the forums...

Des

Des, I have been reading this thread for a couple days now, I think this is the best idea so far, I would love to pick the brains of a few folks.

Here in the states, we should meet up in the center of the country, like say Texas or Colorado, I didn't mention Oklohoma because honestly after being at Fort Sill during my artillery training I have grown to dislike the place, its the weak ass beer honestly, 4% alcohol, this isn't even beer, it is water that sat next to a bottle of johnny walker black label for 2 weeks.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Could we worship a Owl god?

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: oblvion

Oh, I was born in Oklahoma, it's where all my family and friends are. The North East. It's beautiful country, 20 minutes from Kansas, Arkansas, and Missouri. We just send someone to get good kegs from across the border.

Personally I think the spot should be a place close to one of the coasts, preferably in the mountains somewhere. Somewhere where people coming could get a little adventure along the way in or out. Somewhere close to National monuments, state parks like Yosemite, the Grand Canyon, Mt Rushmore or Maybe New York. Probably wouldn't be a good idea to get too close to Washington...

Vegas would be be my first vote because I've never been there, but honestly, I'd probably be happy to go anywhere in the U.S. Or Canada.

edit on 24-5-2014 by Quauhtli because: ...

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quauhtli

Oh, I was born in Oklahoma, it's where all my family and friends are. The North East. It's beautiful country, 20 minutes from Kansas, Arkansas, and Missouri. We just send someone to get good kegs from across the border.

Personally I think the spot should be a place close to one of the coasts, preferably in the mountains somewhere. Somewhere where people coming could get a little adventure along the way in or out. Somewhere close to National monuments, state parks like Yosemite, the Grand Canyon, Mt Rushmore or Maybe New York. Probably wouldn't be a good idea to get too close to Washington...

Vegas would be be my first vote because I've never been there, but honestly, I'd probably be happy to go anywhere in the U.S. Or Canada.

I would love to see Vegas, or the grand canyon, or Yosemite....I mean hell, this country is quite large and chalk full of bad ass landscapes.

We could all meet up at Lieber state park in central Indiana, my old stomping grounds, I will take you guys on the secret path back behind the largest natural waterfall in the state.

We could even sneak into the woods by my old childhood home and take the 3 hour tube ride to the falls on mill creek. Coolers inner tubes beer!!!!!! Just about sounds like heaven.

Then we could all go the cagles mill lake and do some fishing, my father and I caught a 74 1/2 pound blue catfish out of their, my father caught the state record walleye out of there as well, to bad he didn't know until after he had it mounted, to late to claim the record now, but he did beat it by over a pound. The lake also has bluegill crappy large and small mouth bass, carp, really big carp, suck for eating but great fun for sort fishing, they fight like an MMA champ.

Lots of wilderness, this is the place the black top actually ends, all woods and corn fields with a sprinkle of soy beans, rolling hills, deep ravines, beautiful really, and quiet, my family is right up the road also, they are much like me, and believe in most of this conspiracy stuff, but I can't manage to get them to join ATS.
edit on 2014bSaturdayv3220145 by oblvion because: (no reason given)

edit on 2014bSaturdayv3420145 by oblvion because: (no reason given)

edit on 2014bSaturdayv3620145 by oblvion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Looks like we have a Location Scout.

That sounds like a great start to me. It's right in the middle, but how close to a major city or airport?

We should vote on some good central locations across the world where we could get everything just right for everyone. I've wondered where the first spot might be in the U.S. For some reason I feel like there are more people here that live around the West Coast. I don't know why that is, just get a feeling I guess.

edit on 24-5-2014 by Quauhtli because: ...

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Looks like we have a Location Scout.

That sounds like a great start to me. It's right in the middle, but how close to a major city or airport?

We should vote on some good central locations across the world where we could get everything just right for everyone. I've wondered where the first spot might be in the U.S. For some reason I feel like there are more people here that live around the West Coast. I don't know why that is, just get a feeling I guess.

The 16th largest US city Indianapolis is aprox 40 miles east on interstate 70 which has the Indianapolis international airport located right on I-70 about 34 miles from Cloverdale my small home town where lieber state park is at. There are 2 off ramps, one for Cloverdale which has hotels grocery stores and restraunts, and one for the state park a couple miles down the road. Greencastle is right up the road which is a metropolis of aporox 60,000 with a Walmart and the bigger outlet stores.

East approx 30 miles west is Terre Haute, south same distance is Bloomington home of Indiana state university, north about 50 miles on state road 231 which runs right through my home town is Lawfayette home of Purdue state university.

This small town I grew up in is located in the middle if everything, but also in the middle of nowhere.

I have vacation time saved up for a trip back home to see my family this summer already, so for me it could be a twofer. I am open to many possibilities though.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I wonder how the local Police would feel about such a gathering.

Would we be under total surveillance. Probably would be so many Drones in the sky from all of the alphabet agencies that they would have multiple mid air collisions.

Think of the swarm when a drone comes down, some people after memorabilia, some after parts. The drone would be torn apart in minutes with only the tracking device left on the ground.

SO when you consider where we have this, let us make it where the local sheriff is a good guy and we can invite him and the deputies to join in.

Although, perhaps we should reach out to Mr. Branson and see if we can borrow his island, otherwise all of us that live outside of the US would have to make it through the lines of the TSA and that may not be pretty.

P

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Ya having you all violated and ..............(didn't want to get too graffic) is not my idea of a good time, I would not have fun because you guys had to be subject to this idiocy.

We really need some rich good Samaritan with a private plane and island to finance a true worldwide ATS get together.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

a reply to: daaskapital

I would bet that you'd see just the opposite. Face to face people would be a lot more courteous and a bit of animosity might even diminish. On the flip side the online presence might even become a little more pleasant.

I completely agree. I would not even disagree with people as much in person, simply because online I have time to gather my thoughts and formulate an opinion. I am never extremely mean to anyone on this site, although I suppose it is hard to gauge attitudes through words in many instances, but I do show animosity in certain instances, although I do not mean it to be towards the person themselves, but rather an idea or maybe even a certain group on limited occasions.

I guess my point is that I would be on my best behavior if something like this were held. Most people have some degree of decency or tact, and we know for a fact that there are many more people willing to be rude online than there are in person. So I don't think we would have anything to worry about in that regard. But like someone said, groups or cliques would form almost immediately. I don't think there is any getting around it. I think it is a good idea though, generally speaking.

But there would either have to be some sort of entry fee, or donations would have to be gathered long before the event. I suppose it would depend on whether a space was rented or if it was held at a place that could be procured for free. And then if there are refreshments or whatever. Maybe some alien strippers. No? Okay.
edit on 5/24/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I'm in.

I get the spot near Slayer though.

I hope someone would invite Weedwhacker. He isn't banned, he just gave up on ATS.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Anybody here do screen printing? I want a couple T-shirts with my avatar.

Although a little pricey, I think you could get away with cafepress.com.

Back to the OP, now in progress---
For the get together, that's a tough one considering the variance in
everyone's need for anonymity. Imagine about 120,000 people acting
like Slipknot unmasked.
Oh dear, here come the insurance salesmen and Feds run for it.
Although the homemade chocolate chip pecan aircraft carriers
would create a good diversion for the more sugar based ringwraiths...

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

a reply to: daaskapital

I would bet that you'd see just the opposite. Face to face people would be a lot more courteous and a bit of animosity might even diminish. On the flip side the online presence might even become a little more pleasant.

Totally agree it is amazing how big the huevos are when you are not face to face. A two dimensional conversation over the net holds little fear for physical retaliation. Look me in the eye and say the things you have said in some of the threads. My guess is we will be a lot more civil. Especially if beer or wine is involved.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Don't think it would happen. At least 75% of us would not give up our real identities. Face it...most here say what they want and how the want because no one knows or could find out who we really are, names, jobs and faces.

How would anyone be able to prove who belongs to who's avatars?

Tattoos or they didn't happen. Wait... maybe a dove on my shoulder or
a dried grasshopper on my nose wouldn't be putting my best talon forward.

We could all get acquainted and explain something about ourselves that
nobody else knows......this isn't working too well is it?
We've all had it if there's nothing to work on but faith, but there are U2Us
for the real Doubting Thomas's. Just please don't give me nightmares,
because there's still this outside twisted chance, looking at the dragon on
her shoulder that Dacy actually IS around 1570 feet tall.

On the other hand I've always been attracted to tall blonds.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Just a point here. Why would we get together without knowing whom we are speaking to? To relate to the person and their screen name, posts and thread...would be pointless until we divulge that.

Otherwise, it would be a bunch of unknowns speaking with another bunch or unknowns, rt?? So, there would be no point to meet if we all werent divulging identities for the sake of us "meeting the folks behind the posts".

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Oooo that would be so fun. I would totally go if I was close enough! I bet lots would feel excluded though since we have worldwide members here.

I always try and secretly guess who might be a member when I'm at a gun show.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join