It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top secret gathering of ATS members

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Quauhtli

I am ready to go.....

edit on 25-5-2014 by MarlinGrace because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Vegas is always a fun place to visit but I will say that if we are looking for relative anonymity Vegas is probably one of the most heavily surveilled places on earth.

Living in Humboldt County California I can say that there are plenty of large campgrounds with cabins and lodges that could accommodate such a gathering with the added bonus of being a largely surveillance free zone in Bigfoot country.

Another area I was looking at would be near the geographical center of the states which would be Belle Fourche, North Dakota. I know that some will know that this is the area that plays host to Stugis every year so I'm thinking this might also be a great area for large gatherings and plenty of anonymity. North and slightly east, would be Devils Tower in Wyoming. This IMO, would be a very interesting gathering spot for obvious reasons.

Penny

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Just a point here. Why would we get together without knowing whom we are speaking to? To relate to the person and their screen name, posts and thread...would be pointless until we divulge that.

Otherwise, it would be a bunch of unknowns speaking with another bunch or unknowns, rt?? So, there would be no point to meet if we all werent divulging identities for the sake of us "meeting the folks behind the posts".

I completely agree and I have the solution.

We all come dressed in Disney Character costumes with our screen names blazoned across our chests so we all know who we are talking to.

Could you imagine the meeting in a national park and as you get closer you pass car after car with people stashing their cars and changing into costumes. A whole bunch of rabbits and ducks, Fog horn, coyote and road runners sneaking through the forest to get to the gathering.

Now, why the costumes you ask, well, the Government is not going to order an attack on Disney Characters, just would not do. Very bad for votes. You can't shoot Bugs or Daffy or Snow White or the Seven Dwarfs. Who would blast Chip and Dale or Tweety Bird.

P

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I sure hope this thread caught someone's attention. The guys upstairs have had to talked about this idea before. It could bring in revenue as well as members.

The locations you mentioned seem tailor made for a group of ATSers.

Come to think of it, this could turn exciting reAl fast. Afterwords there could be branching pilgrimages to places like area 51 or the like. Even if everything came off without a hitch, alliances would be forged and some trouble may be gotten into on the way home from places like that. Very exciting!

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358
Thank god we don't have to go to such extreme measures in the UK.....we just do that for S**t and giggles.....

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I'm in. I'll be on the roof with a telescope, a police band scanner, and a keg of beer. Anyone who wants to join me is welcome but you might need to bring your own booze.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

I am ready to go.....

That's awesome.

-SAP-

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I'd be too paranoid to go .... all those gov't agencies with long range photo lenses taking pictures of us and photoshopping them to make it look like we are nutty ....

originally posted by: jacygirl
I'm quite convince that buster is really Sheldon Cooper, from Big Bang Theory.

Seriously ... when I read his posts I hear them in my head as Sheldons voice.

edit on 5/25/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

It's so true, not so much what I expect people to look like but the voices I've come to associate with certain avatars when I'm reading their posts.

Wait... does that make me sound a little nutty ?

Penny

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
That special moment when you realize that female member you've been talking to for years, is actually a 400lb man on disability, who lives with his mother. Sounds great.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
How about sock puppets? A gathering of ATS sock puppets would be an interesting category.

doubt if many would admit it though....

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I'd be up for this, but can only offer my suggestion that it should be by region or if there are enough people, by state.

The states that I think would be a best-fit for region would be one that is surrounded by other states (for example, even though all of us in MI secretly hate Ohio, Ohio would be a better place to meet because several other states border it).

Only problem with by state for me is that I only counted about 4 Michigan people on here - so I guess our convention would have to be a euchre game night. I mean, we could go ghost hunting in the many cemeteries out here, or go up north and explore some abandoned towns, or run around in Detroit after dark (don't ever do this, as there are things nastier than ghosts that lurk in those shadows).

If anyone decides to do this, send me a PM - I want in!
-fossilera

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

How about two regionals and a national every year. One East Coast, one West Coast and the National somewhere in the middle?

They wouldn't have to be on the coast, and we could choose a different state or location every year, so as not to bug out the locals too much!

I still think there should be a convention in Vegas at least once so that I'd have a Good reason to go there.

Maybe we should vote in a council to choose a location. I'm sure that if we had a decision on the spot, others including myself would chip in to start working on the logistics of the whole thing. We could probably find some sponsors as well as get a little funds together via donation for renting space and finding a good camping area.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: pennylemon

We could have a line up of twenty well known members and have people guess who each one really is. The winners would get one of marlins T-shirts.

I can't wait to see what happens when Daryl Dixon and John Lithgow show up looking for Phage and Heff... Or, maybe they'll show up AS Phage and Heff...

edit on 26-5-2014 by Quauhtli because: ...

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shakawkaw
That special moment when you realize that female member you've been talking to for years, is actually a 400lb man on disability, who lives with his mother. Sounds great.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I tried doing this locally with the Okies members on ATS (quite a few, btw). It's like herding cats.
Maybe I'm just a poor organizer so if somebody else can pull this off, I'd love to attend.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: jacygirl
I'm quite convince that buster is really Sheldon Cooper, from Big Bang Theory.

Seriously ... when I read his posts I hear them in my head as Sheldons voice.

Same here. Sometimes I have to stop reading and start over again, and concentrate on NOT hearing that condescending tone in the message.

I also can't help but hear John Lithgow's voice in Phage's posts.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: pennylemon
a reply to: FlyersFan

It's so true, not so much what I expect people to look like but the voices I've come to associate with certain avatars when I'm reading their posts.

Wait... does that make me sound a little nutty ?

Penny

Yikes!
So this is your impression?
LOL

But as for the thread title, Sure I'd go, as long as its somewhere in the U.S.
Passports are expensive.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Yes, In a way that is what I would imagine, however I think it would be more along the lines of Oswin Oswald.

It would be interesting to have simultaneous gatherings, One in the US coinciding with a European gathering. In this way we could even have live podcasts that connect the two.

Penny

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quauhtli
a reply to: pennylemon
I can't wait to see what happens when Daryl Dixon and John Lithgow show up looking for Phage and Heff... Or, maybe they'll show up AS Phage and Heff...

But.....I thought they WERE Phage and Heff....?

I actually am a 400 lb. man on disability who lives with his mother.

Hah! Now you'll NEVER pick me out in the crowd, lol!!

(Can we have a Canadian convention, eh?)
jacygirl

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join