It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top secret gathering of ATS members

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: Quauhtli

Don't think it would happen. At least 75% of us would not give up our real identities. Face it...most here say what they want and how the want because no one knows or could find out who we really are, names, jobs and faces.

How would anyone be able to prove who belongs to who's avatars?

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I'll take the production coordinator job. I'll be sat in the chair at the top of Ben Nevis (highest mountain in UK) shouting out the instructions through a megaphone. Just as well I'm over the Pond, because I doubt anybody at the meet up would listen anyhow!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Oh, we'd have to set up a VIP booth for Springer and any MODS that cared to attend. With an AMA session for all those questions we want to ask, that would be 404'd in the forums...

Des

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
It would be funny if you ended up knowing like 50% of the people on here lol.

edit on 24-5-2014 by Thisbseth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

You've got the job.

First thing on the list should be free wifi everywhere. There's a few here that would be lost without it. Which reminds me, we're gonna need a reporter to give minute to minute updates.

Maybe some of the mods can pitch in for security detail.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

If 75% of the members wouldn't give up their real identities...that still leaves 25% of us who would!

Our name tags should show our avatars?
How many of us would be at the convention, but still checking the site? lol

Anyone wanna come with me to bust douglas5 out of his basement mental hospital bed? I thought we could all wear white jackets, and stroll down the hall singing "Born Free". That shouldn't attract too much attention, right?

jacygirl

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Why would we get together and not learn about how is who? That's the whole point here, rt? Otherwise, its just a festival of faces without names or avatars to relate to as everyone here has been suggesting about meeting members finally face-to-face.

Otherwise it would be pointless.......

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Wanna be in charge of checking ID's?

I guess I wouldn't really worry about it much. Although there are those here who don't shy away from a good argument, I'd bet in a face to face confrontation they'd meet with a hug and a host of things in common, genuinely happy to meet their nemesis in real life.

Which reminds me, we're going to have to set up a debate tent as well..., any takers??

Just because you wear your avatar on your shirt or name tag doesn't mean it would be easy for a stalker to get your personal info.

Putting faces and voices to avatars and online presence would be more than half the fun. I can't imagine all the conversations. OMG! I thought you were a man!, or younger, taller, skinnier, homeless... Etc. Etc...

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Better put Jesse in charge of the debating tent and get a ring built for when it gets 'heated'!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

We'll have to come up with a plan to deal with the shills and trolls who arrive wearing avatar name tags, that don't belong to the person they represent.

Des

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

I think we've already got a taker, he/she is just being a little shy about asking right out. What do you think mysterious stranger?

It would be awesome to see some came AS their avatar.

edit on 24-5-2014 by Quauhtli because: ...

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I'm in, and I would give up my secret identity in a heartbeat. A gathering has been bandied about in chat a few times, I've come to think of it as an ATS Jamboree of sorts.

And when it comes time for the basement mental hospital breakout, well lets just say the last time I was involved in something like that the song was "Tiptoe through the Tulips".

Penny

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
I sit in the back..

in the corner...

in the dark.....

As I search and track for the mysterious Slayer frantically through the massive crowds to see my all time favorite member ...the coolest member on ATS ..bar none ..

Well.. toss all the merchandise out the door .. and have speakers which can present certain topics ..like Slayer and his deep research on Ancient Discoveries and Cites...

Or Karl12 to present us with his expertise on Ufology ..

Personally...just to see those 2 guys and listen to their live presentation .. would be invaluable to me

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Komodo

But...but...but...there will be free tin foil hats passed out to all participants...

Des

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone
a reply to: Komodo

But...but...but...there will be free tin foil hats passed out to all participants...

Des

I know right..!!

That the 2nd reason why I would attend LOL

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

I was trying to think of who Jesse was, then I realised. Yes, that's a great idea, he might want to be a sponcer as well. If we could get him into the debate ring that'd be an added bonus.

Hey Jesse, what do you think?

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
i can come but i have to be home before the street lights come on

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: arexon
i can come but i have to be home before the street lights come on

Don't worry. If you read the paranormal forums, we have many members who can turn those lights off for you just by walking by them.

You're good to go...

Des

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
I think a lot of members would approach the site hiding on the nearby hill top to look down at the meeting place through binoculars. That would be the meeting I would want to attend.

Greetings:

Hi buddy, still kicking it 'over there...lol

We thought we saw you at BundyGate.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

We'll have to come up with a plan to deal with the shills and trolls who arrive wearing avatar name tags, that don't belong to the person they represent.

Des

Hi Des..Springtime in the mountains!

That is dealt with at check-in.

Serious Members will pre-register through a secure system.

Count us in.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join