It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top secret gathering of ATS members

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Quauhtli

I like that idea - And if it's done right, then we won't bother the locals at all - I mean, they do comicon/anime conventions all the time around the states, and you never really see any issues, so I think we could get away with renting a hotel hall or something similar for a weekend.

Although I lack the planning skills, I am pretty handy with GIMP & Web Design - so I could lend my tech skills where they are needed.
-fossilera

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

Let's build a website that takes donations and designates the money for different regions. Three for the U.S. Two for Canada, one for the U.K. and so on.

After funds start rolling in would be Sponsors and locations.

Maybe locations should be first? I don't know, I have no experience with this kind of thing but am willing to do some of the logistics needed to get things rolling. I built the website for my small business, but really am a novice and slow a hell at this kind if thing.

I'd bet though that once the first step is taken everything else will fall into place. We have all the tools here to get the support we need for the small things.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Although I agree with you in concept...just letting you know...it's a big no no against the T&C to solicit funds on ATS.

Maybe you can reword it so it won't get yanked?

Des

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Couldn't edit it out, but the idea was to put together a place where we could organize and raise funds without having to do it here.

It would be awesome if ATS put together a convention, but if it's got to be something that we organized I would think it would have to be in some online fashion. It's a tough one, maybe the guys upstairs could outline a process for us so that we could gather resources without violating T&C's.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
This has been a pretty entertaining thread to read.

I've been a lurker on here for a really long time. Simply reading the posts and absorbing the differing opinions on so many different topics has helped mold my own opinion. I finally created an account about a year and a half ago, and only recently have I started contributing my own thoughts, but sparingly though. The reason for that, is because most of the posts that intrigue me, I have no true insight on, nor the time to really do enough research to provide an adequate response to many of the discussions. Example...UFO's/Aliens. I have my opinions, but when I see thread after thread get debunked with technical knowledge that's beyond that of my own (which is none, really)....then I see no point in contributing. Another example is 9/11. It was the catalyst that sent me into the Air Force. And it's difficult for me to admit that I may have been tricked all along.

Anyway....if something like this ever really were to occur, I would treat it much like I do the website. I would lurk in the shadows and try to listen into to the conversations without really contributing. You'd never even know I was there.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

I will remember your name. As soon as I see it on your name-tag, you'll be dragged to the campfire, s'mores made with bacon will be shoved in your mouth, and a fine tin foil hat plopped on your head.

Looks like we have another one coming...

Des

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
If Des is in then I'm definitely in! I think it would
be great fun meeting everyone & especially attending
the workshops! I'm East Coast.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Like assassin82 I've been a long time lurker (so long I don't remember the first time I looked at ATS lol). Hell I don't remember if i've ever commented on a post before this one.I will say I like the idea of an ATS gathering similar in nature to a Renfest. The ideas that have been thrown around on this topic albeit amusing some of them are really good ideas for this type of site gatheri g. If plausible I'd definitely be down for that event. Like assassn82 I'd most likely be sitting on the side not disussing much but soaking in some info and suds. And no I can not be bribed with bacon smores treats by a fire lol.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I have said it before on here,if there was an ats meet up,I would NEVER be able to do it.
I highly doubt I would get through the day without kicking the everliving crap out of some members.
There would be far too many bitchslaps being handed out by me.

I find it funny when I see a survival thread where ats members want to meet up in case TSHTF.
I'd rather wash "my boys" in turpentine than survive with you paranoid freaks from internet land.

Not a chance...my knuckles wouldn't be able to take all that abuse.

I have met a few atsers in real life so I'm talking from experience.

Good luck though.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

All of the staff wear hooded robes and we chant in Latin. Don't ask us what we discuss, as I am not at liberty to spill the beans.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I'm so excited about the possibility of this I can hardly stand it

I do have experience with organizing a medium sized music fest that used to take place once a year in the Mohave Desert and I would Love to help put this together.

There are a few things that come to mind, the first is that funding is really not something that needs hashed out right away and I'm sure we can figure a work around if we put our collective minds to it.

The planning for these kinds of things usually take about a year to put together so that could put us possibly at the end the end of the summer 2015.

The things we would really need to start to think about are things like, how many people would the location need to accommodate and to prepare for members who have specific needs as far as disabilities. Once we have a ballpark idea we can then begin to make a list of locations that would fit our needs.

The next thing to think about would be transportation options and things like parking and carpooling from various locations across the US and Canada.

Now may be the time to contact Springer to ask what his thoughts are about this.

Penny

edit on 27-5-2014 by pennylemon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

What a great idea!! I like the idea of the regional meet ups even better.

Jacy, I might just have to work on something here in Alaska since I won't make it south for at least a couple of years. Naturally, the Canadians would be invited. The actual location would have to be up in the air until these fires get put out though.

Hmmm. This could be fun!

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: sleepnomore
Like assassin82 I've been a long time lurker (so long I don't remember the first time I looked at ATS lol). Hell I don't remember if i've ever commented on a post before this one.I will say I like the idea of an ATS gathering similar in nature to a Renfest. The ideas that have been thrown around on this topic albeit amusing some of them are really good ideas for this type of site gatheri g. If plausible I'd definitely be down for that event. Like assassn82 I'd most likely be sitting on the side not disussing much but soaking in some info and suds. And no I can not be bribed with bacon smores treats by a fire lol.

Silly Sleepnomore. The seductive aroma alone will ferret you from the furtive shadows.

Resistance is futile...

Welcome to ATS...I'll save a seat 'round the campfire for you...

Des

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: sleepnomore
I would do the same. Maybe we should have a lurker's corner...or is that too creepy?

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Okay... Im gonna take that as a good sign, and hopefully a little foreshadowing.

DrumsRfun... That is possibly the funniest post I've ever read, thanks. And there will be a special spot for you next to Jesse in the ring.

Des... You gotta stop with the bacon S'mores I'm having dangerous thoughts and I already had dinner. On second thought keep them coming, they're bringing in customers...

Pennylemon.. Yes! just give me a sec. I'm having a relapse from the weekend.
It sounds like you know how these things work. So yes, let's begin with locations.
I

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AntiNWO

Maybe they can have this whole thing on a live webcast. That way we can lurk from our computers, without it being creepy. And without the extreme temptation of bacon s'mores. I don't know....maybe that's equally as creepy.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I'm in much the same boat as Assassin82 and sleepnomore. I'm more of a lurker who hardly posts simply because I rarely have anything important or insightful to say. I was drawn to this website because of the different opinions and information that I can't find anywhere else. So I probably wouldn't lurk in the shadows so much as meander around and listen to various talks or debates and maybe ask a few questions of my own. (Assuming I'm there at all.)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

We need to start thinking about setting up a ride share sign-up list, for attendees who don't have transportation, but can pitch in for gas. It could be a forum in the Sign-up site. I vote for the name of it to be. Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

That would open the ATS blather gather, to a whole new group of attendees..

Des

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

That would open the ATS blather gather, to a whole new group of attendees..

Des

Ok so I included my photo so everyone would recognize me when I got there.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Okay, so it is starting to look like we are going to need an underground location to make some folks feel comfortable. It needs to be close to Canada and have a good source of bacon in the area. The place needs personal divided stadium seats for those who want to lurk with their binoculars. At the least it will have to be out of the sun and smell like a basement, it has to have an arena for stress release, lots of bouncy castles and a giant first aid/med station.

It's settled then we'll have it in Detroit.

Maybe we should have a long tunnel with a trampoline floor heading down into the cavern with a pool of boxing gloves and foam head gear for the landing.

edit on 28-5-2014 by Quauhtli because: ...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join