It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top secret gathering of ATS members

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Ahhh, the cult that is ATS

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quauhtli
Okay, so it is starting to look like we are going to need an underground location to make some folks feel comfortable. It needs to be close to Canada and have a good source of bacon in the area. The place needs personal divided stadium seats for those who want to lurk with their binoculars. At the least it will have to be out of the sun and smell like a basement, it has to have an arena for stress release, lots of bouncy castles and a giant first aid/med station.

I'll be bringing a truck load of my hand made soothing and calming oatmeal goats milk soap to help calm those of the nervous inclination. It will also help cut down the lines at the med tent, I think...

Des

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Quauhtli

Considering some of the attitudes seen in some threads, I suspect half would end up arrested for fighting one another. The rest would then be tossed into the camps.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Considering some of the attitudes seen in some threads, I suspect half would end up arrested for fighting one another. The rest would then be tossed into the camps.

Yes, and we have a solution for that particular problem right here www.abovetopsecret.com...

We may still get a few fights but who wouldn't want to see Porky vs Daffy

P

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

I doubt it would devolve into such an event.

I can be quite hot blooded on the net and IRL, cant help it, I am a passionate type, that believes some thingsare worth taking a stand and fighting for, but it very rarely becomes an actual fight.

Besides, with folks like Des around, to yell the magic word...BACON!!!!!! at the right time, the situation can quickly be defused. Not of course mentioning, IRL tends to be a lot more civil than the net. It is very easy to be a douche from behind a keyboard, and many of us know how to maintain our military bearing in public formal settings.

Also of note, many of us have military and or security/police experience, so we can break anything up before anybody gets too uppity.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: oblvion

Not aimed at you in particular oblivion, just linking to you as you mention it as well.

You see as a Brit who has attended and organised several meet ups in the UK, and am about to embark on another one to the Mystery Isle this week end, I find all this talk of punch ups, camps, and

many of us have military and or security/police experience,

really, really weird and strange!

Maybe it's a Brit thing, but I've never attended a gathering yet where violent or antagonistic behaviour has broken out, Yes there have been a few peeps who turned up that people thought "oh oh...here comes trouble" but no...didn't happen.
In fact, if there was (and there were) any military/security/police in our midst, you wouldn't know they were until after a punch up, and even then they would probably sit back and watch the spectacle if it broke out suddenly before intervening. We're funny like that.

You can really draw a line in this thread between people who want to make a success and have fun and honestly get to know folk and those who are expecting it to be a free for all for trouble makers and 'infiltrators'. Very strange.

As I suggested before, why not try organising just state get together's? KISS principle. I know that's what we are planning in the UK, regional get together's.....to begin with......from small acorns, mighty oaks do grow.

Anyway, I'm sure there will be thread on here next week about our very tiny little meet up in Scotland.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Thank you for your thoughts. I feel the same way. I might add though that most who come would not be intent on debating. Those here who get into heated debate about one topic, more than likely have so much in common in other areas of their lives. A gathering would be about sharing all the other things we as a group have to offer, as well as some good entertainment and conversation.

Please don't forget to bring pics and stories back to share here with us. We could use it for a little motivation. Have a blast this weekend, we'll all be there with you in spirit.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Lol. Its not working Des. I am immune to the temptation of bacon. a reply to: Destinyone

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AntiNWO That might work well. Truthfully I'm only a lurker because by the time I can respond, someone else has already said what I might and provided links. I think I might have to enter more discussions now though. I'd still visit the lurkers corner (sounds like a good name for a bar).

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I'm a drummer & could easily bring my Djembe & any one else can
bring their instruments & we can have a live jam at night. I play
all styles of music I can even bloody play Heavy Metal on me Djembe
as well as Jazz, Country, Celtic...
We would have great fun! Bacon Smores & a wee bit of Single Malt Scotch.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: sleepnomore
Lol. Its not working Des. I am immune to the temptation of bacon. a reply to: Destinyone

Immune to Bacon, you say. We don't give up on the newly unlurked that easily my friend....

I know your weakness now...Viola...portable bar...

All I have to do is have a tow bar welded to the back of my car...it'll roll right along. You can name it anything you want...

Quauhtli, please have a flat level place planned for us to park it.

Des

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Before any plans to have a gathering of bat**** crazy conspiracy theorist; might I suggest an investigation into how much insurance will cost to host such an event. Who's going to finance this, provide the porta potties and structure an event like this requires.

Has anyone done any real investigation, or have any experience in putting on this type of event.

festival.planning-an-event.com...

I know it's fun to dream and fantasize about such a festival, but there are practical matters that must be addressed. I seriously doubt if the 3 amigos would sanction an event such as this. Has anyone thought to ask them? Any MODs lending support?

I helped produce a small Blues and Film Festival and it was a nightmare of details, personality clashes, egos, and money problems.
Most of all Money problems.

You need sponsors....real sponsors, business people with solid connections. The way ATS is trending...perhaps Colt, Ruger or Monsanto.

Good Luck.
edit on 29-5-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Sleepnomore... Don't fight it buddy, you can't win.

Olaru... Aaaaaaaaand we have our logistics coordinator!

No, but thanks for your input. Those are real issues that would need to be dealt with and there would be headaches to go around for sure. It's way early to start thinking about things like that I guess. It's my hope to keep this thread alive and getting good input like yours. Maybe one day we will hear from the guys upstairs if the idea gets mulled around for long enough.

As earlier mentioned it may be a good idea to think about locations and size first. If we get together in a small way enough to show that we are serious about having a bigger gathering one day maybe the sponsors and technical support will come together.

I'm busy as hell right now but next week I'm going to start my next project and will have time to put together some ideas for locations and feasibility. After that maybe we can start looking seriously at size and logistics. I wouldn't even hope for something like this to be brought together this summer, but it may not be too late yet for some regional get togethers on a small scale.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Olaru... Aaaaaaaaand we have our logistics coordinator!

No thanks, but I would like to bid on the Beer and Soda concession.

When you really get serious, let me know....

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
You can bet someone will post this top secret party on Facebook 1000s will turn up and reck the joint

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

Yo! Anyone caught having a Facebook account will be hearded to the tailgating section... Five miles away in the parking lot at Wal-Mart.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Yo! Anyone caught having a Facebook account will be hearded to the tailgating section... Five miles away in the parking lot at Wal-Mart.

oohhh you have given away the secret location now everyone will be there

p.s it is just pass the secret base next to fema camp 5 on i 73
hide the hugs on the mods
edit on 29/5/2014 by douglas5 because: spellingsss

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

You meant to say bugs right!

edit on 29-5-2014 by Quauhtli because: ; )

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Count me in

There are so many members that I wanna meet. When y'all choose a location I'll kick in some.

In the meantime, I agree with smaller get togethers

Anyone wanta meet at Scholz's Bier Garten in Austin once a month? If its just a few members I'll grab a table for us. It'll be the table with a little alien statue or something to identify it with (maybe a Beezer statue). If it is a large group they have private rooms all the way up to renting the whole restaurant and garten.

There are so many great places here set up for groups, if there's other hang out places that y'all like, go for it, post it. If there's enough interest let's start a thread for ideas.

STM

www.scholzgarten.net...

edit on 29-5-2014 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
We can start whatever size. I think regional or smaller to start &
then have the National Convention.
As far as space & renting porto-potties we wouldn't have to....
we could meet at a camp ground & still be able to have our
demos, presentations & etc. It would be much cheaper & we
could rent out facilities at the camp ground if needed...like
shelters & etc.

The Shenandoah Valley is beautiful! There are many facilities,
Appalachian Trail, & many other things to offer in nature...civil war fields
& museums, cultural history...a few hours from Mt Pleasant & the
Flatwoods Monster & much more...close enough to Mt Weather & DC for
those fans.

Cheers
Ektar

new topics