It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

He does have a kid that helps out and occasionally other buds come out as well to help with major projects like the coal boiler we installed a month ago.

But when I'm farm sitting, I just can't sit. There is always something that needs to be done, so I do it. Just at my pace. That damn hole was like a trap. Totally covered in grass. The first day it gave me a small limp, nothing bad and I didn't think twice about it other than I was lucky. But after I got home and slept the night, I tried to get up and couldn't walk on it. Shock I guess.

When I woke, I could feel the skin being stretched from toes to lower leg it was so swollen. Lots of rest, elevation, Naproxin and frozen veggie bags have brought it to next to normal now.

Pretty scary stuff. I'm almost out of the financial hole and the last thing I need is another medical emergency to throw me back in.

And yes...TGIF! (Though I'm retired, so every day is Friday...or Monday, depending on how it goes.
)
edit on 26-6-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

The cat which skipped across the water like a skimming stone was incredible! Cats are smashing creatures!

The conspiracy is the following... Who threw the cat to make it skim like that?

Cody???

Oh boy... have I got news for you folks... apart from Terence the crow, Rod Jr brought home an abandoned kitten last week...

She is absolutely gorgeous and just so loveable... Maya is her name...

Thread coming up after the Summer period.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 27/6/14 by Rodinus because: Kitten added

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Next time you are out there, why not burn an hour of your day filling the holes in?

Might save you some grief! Also, badass cane! I imagine you could get some pretty vicious momentum behind the tip of that crook!

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

Oh my God!

KITTEN!

*runs about flailing his arms in a celebratory fashion*

WOO!

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Oh my God!

KITTEN!

*runs about flailing his arms in a celebratory fashion*

WOO!

Wanna see it, connect to Skype mate... I remember that you gave me cooking instructions but for the heck of me I cannot find them any more?

Warmest

Rod
edit on 27/6/14 by Rodinus because: Grown man has been knowked to smitereens by a kitten...

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Heh, maybe after work Rod. If I try it on the works PC, it will explode!

Kittens are bloody adorable!

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Rod, we need pics of the new kitty!!!!! Have you ever seen the video of the kitten and the crow? They were best friends. True story.

Yes Dawg, fill that damned hole in before someone else gets hurt. That is when you're feeling better of course.

Why do so many people freak out over rats? They look just like a sweet little mouse, only bigger. My baby one is adorable. I had missed having cats so much, I figured a small furry pet would be nice. They don't live long though. It won't do any damage with clawing the place up or having to be fixed or anything.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Here ya go Rod.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thanks NightStar...

Basically the same thing but we have 3 dogs, and now 3 cats who have welcomed Terence the crow to the household... I will need to ask Rod Jr sometime to film them all together and put it onto his YT account so all can be shared...

Canines and Felines still slobber but so does Terence the Crow... who now tries his bet to say hello... commes out as 'Grhoooh"... but nearing it... bless his little cotton socks...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rodinus

The cat which skipped across the water like a skimming stone was incredible! Cats are smashing creatures!

The conspiracy is the following... Who threw the cat to make it skim like that?

Cody???

Oh boy... have I got news for you folks... apart from Terence the crow, Rod Jr brought home an abandoned kitten last week...

She is absolutely gorgeous and just so loveable... Maya is her name...

Thread coming up after the Summer period.

Damn phone
I skimmed the cat Rod
Got plenty of practice in with your 3 legged moggy when I came ovrr

The trick is all in the wrist mate

Cody

Rodinus

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: cody599

...The trick is all in the wrist mate

Cody

D D I G !!!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Ha ha, I love the cat video Cody. That made my day. I want one. Or a crow that says 'Grhoooh' or a rat. I agree with you, NightStar, rats are cool. When I was at uni I took one home to carry out a behaviour experiment - the old cliché one about rats finding their way through a maze to get to the food. Only I kept feeling sorry for it and feeding it before it made any attempt at the maze.

Maybe it was just a really stupid rat, or a really clever one that knew I was a really gullible zoology student. Either way, I had to fudge my results to write the report

Anyway, NightStar, I found you an instruction manual - there is nothing here about the poopy bits though... you will have to figure that one out on your own, sorry.

Dawg, I hope your foot is better soon. I say forget about filling in the holes, put your feet up and ponder important things like...

and why

Happy Friday everyone!

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

originally posted by: cody599

...The trick is all in the wrist mate

Cody

D D I G !!!!!

I've been waiting all day for that Gbro LOL

Cody LMAO

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mura44
Ha ha, I love the cat video Cody. That made my day. I want one. Or a crow that says 'Grhoooh' or a rat. I agree with you, NightStar, rats are cool. When I was at uni I took one home to carry out a behaviour experiment - the old cliché one about rats finding their way through a maze to get to the food. Only I kept feeling sorry for it and feeding it before it made any attempt at the maze.

Maybe it was just a really stupid rat, or a really clever one that knew I was a really gullible zoology student. Either way, I had to fudge my results to write the report

Anyway, NightStar, I found you an instruction manual - there is nothing here about the poopy bits though... you will have to figure that one out on your own, sorry.

Dawg, I hope your foot is better soon. I say forget about filling in the holes, put your feet up and ponder important things like...

and why

Happy Friday everyone!

We call him beez

You'll get to meet him soon

We think he's CIA ..............Carrots Inquisitive Anonymous

We'll see

Cody

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
For True.....This is a Finnish band called Antabus....the drummer is a friend of mine off another forum....

Hope you like.....

Antabus

This is the link to the free download of the whole demo if you like it....

Download

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Hi Guys!! I'm Back!!! Have missed YOU ALL!

Rod, nice little Family of Animals! I Love Pets. Had a Rat yrs ago named Critter. Sadly He didn't live very long after we got him from My Niece. He was kinda sick when we got Him, but we healed Him with antibiotics. He was fine for a year or so, then He left for Rat Heaven.
We now have a Chorkie. Half Long Hair Chiuaua, half Yorkshire Terrier.He has Papers.Well, his previous owner has them, but she said we can have them if wanted. Awesome little Dog! Named him Skooter. We got him as a newborn. Fit in the Palm of My Hand. Bottle fed him for a while. When he started to walk, He always skooted backwards. Hence His Name!! LOL!
His mother was killed by Her owner for a revenge tactic towards his Ex-Wife. I'm glad we were able to save him and He is now a wonderful Little addition to our Family!
P.S. Nice to see You again!!

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Mura that cracked me up that you fed the rat before testing it in the maze! LOL I would have done the same thing!!

STYX!!!!!!!!!! I missed you so much!!!!!! So glad you rescued the dog!!!

My baby rat was going to be snake food. So now she has a nice home and lots of love.

Hello everyone!!!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

I will review that tomorrow angelchemuel, for it is late, and I cannot find my earphones at present, and do not wish to wake my household up!

I have to confess, I am feeling pretty damned lost at the moment. Some comments on some threads about star whoring have made me question the quality and usefulness of my contributions to this site. I am worried that some posters have been handing out stars and flags purely because of who posted or authored a thread, rather than the content they have bought to the table, and that makes me question the validity of everything I have done here since I joined.

I thought, perhaps foolishly, that the system we have here allows us to monitor our contribution quality based on reader opinion. Discussion in some threads however, leads me to believe otherwise, and now I have no idea what to think. I take membership here pretty seriously, and I am concerned now, because I do not know how much of the feedback I have received through the system has been genuine, and how much has been casual.

Look at me and my first world problems eh?

Bleh.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Hey everybody!! *HUGE HUGS*

Where to start? Oh my...True...hunny....ever think that maybe people like both you AND your contributions here? Don't be so black and white, sometimes it's grey (lol). If there was top 100 list of useless contribution members, your name wouldn't be on it...so quit fretting!

Night Star...I love rats! I'm so glad you saved that poor baby! Glad you have a new squishy to cuddle with.

Syx!! SO so so happy to see you! I hope you and the Mrs. are both doing well. You have definitely been missed!

I'm still wrapped up arguing in that other thread, but dang it's a conspiracy...one with no answers...and I do love those!

*hugs* and *mwah* *mwah* to everyone!
Summer is nice, real life has been busy...and a part of me just wishes it was winter and I was hanging out in The Shed all day like before. *sigh*

jacy

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Hey! I know all about grey!

Living here in Blighty is an education in grey!

But seriously for a second, I appreciate that folk get on well with me, and I with them, and I value that immensely. I would, however, like to believe that what I post stands on its own merits. It's a tricky one, but as it turns out, the whole issue was raised by someone else having an existential crisis, and making it everyone else's problem. Thankfully, that has now been resolved, and my normal confidence has returned!

Thanks though

It's good to see you back, although I hope that your busy summer has been busy in positive ways!

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join