It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 121
<< 118  119  120    122  123  124 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Night Star

So... let me get this straight.

You have a bad back anyway, correct? And there you are, bending over to pick up all these random objects, fish them out of a pool, pluck them from the grass in your yard? What the heck!?

What you need my dear, is a grabbing device to minimise the need for you to stress your lumbar region!

LOL! I know I shouldn't be doing that! But my niece, her son and boyfriend are slobs and I want a nice yard to sit in. Mom gets disgusted too when she looks out. They have been told enough damned times to try to keep the yard looking decent. They are hoarders and will take home all kinds of things when they have no damned room for any of it. Sigh...

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Have fun with your appointment Syx. Do they actually help?? I had been through weeks of physical therapy, weeks of painful shots in my back, different meds...nothing helps for any real length of time for me.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

*Huggle*

Thats a bummer. I have to say, your folks need to treat you with more respect. You are not there to carry these people around on your back until your spine gives out! If they really are hoarding, then with the greatest respect to your closest and mostest, then they need to take themselves in hand and get some professional help!

You should be able to enjoy your garden without having to do everyone elses damned chores! Its time you were able to relax I think.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Just how low do things have to get before my membership card comes in?

The grey in your hair is proof enough of membership!

We are the Band of Bad Backs...

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Do what my Dad used to do when I didn't pick up when told to. Throw the stuff away, or at least donate it.

Taught me a lesson I tell ya.

my Dad is a man of his word and I have never doubted him...though I have moved to slowly for his taste at times...hmmmm, maybe that's why I'm so hyper?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Wow, you just brought back memories. My parents would threaten to do that and even went so far as to bag everything up, but they hid it. I freaked out and was in shock that my things were gone. Then they opened my closet door and there were my things. They said the next time they would throw it all away. LOL It worked!

Thanks True, you are right I should be able to go out and enjoy the view and not have to pick up after them. They will do ok for a while then BAM right back to the same old crap. They had better concentrate on the inside of the house if they are going to find a place to keep that new baby!

For years my Mother (Landlady) told them no more pets! They have a number of fish tanks, 4 birds, two chameleons, assorted frogs and turtles, a tortoise, two boa snakes, guini pig...good grief. And Cody has enough toys to open a store or two. They all have tons of clothes hanging all over the place, table tops, chairs the floor. And decorations/nicknacks/collectables...everywhere...on walls, on shelves, on the floor, on tables and chairs. Every once in a while they do a major clean up and I think I'm in the wrong house it looks so good. LOL Then...back to the same old thing.

Hope tomorrow is another lovely day so I can be out there in peace. My niece and Cody are visiting her Mom in Maryland. Dennis is still home but you don't see much of him and when I do I enjoy his company. Sometimes when Stephanie is home, she will have a friend and her three kids over with Cody and there is yelling and screaming and fighting. UGH! They throw sharp metal objects into the blow up pool. You always have to tell them to stop doing this that and the other thing.

If it is just Cody and I we have fun and he usually behaves and listens.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Oh True, when I do clean up after them which isn't often because of my pain, they will later say, "Oh Auntie, you didn't have to do that, we were going to clean it up. Ha! Right!

Here we go again, napped a good part of the day away now wide awake when I should be sleeping. LOL

I'm so bored. Can't continue the story because no one is writing. Maybe I'll go talk to my fish.

LOL, Dawg, I like that band of bad backs. Hahahaha!!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Are you on any prescription meds Gordi? Most of mine cause dizziness or light headedness. In any case, I'm sure things will be sorted out soon enough. In the meantime you have my thoughts and prayers and good vibes.

Hi Night,
Nope, no meds at all - although they have now prescribed one for the nausea associated with the dizzyness thing.

I have been very lucky over the years with my health. Been very fit & healthy for my first 40 years.
(Windsurfing, Mountain Climbing, Motocross Bike riding etc.)
Got ill about 10 years ago, it started with an unknown "virus" (like glandular fever?) and Docs treated it with anti-biotics which didn't work, so they tried "full-spectrum" anti-biotics which (I believe) wiped out my own gut bacteria and immune system.
Never really recovered fully from that. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS - a form of M.E.) was later diagnosed after months and months of testing which couldn't find the problem. No treatment was available, so I just had to learn how to "deal" with it. Learned (eventually!) NOT to fight it. Reduced my working hours and stress levels. Worked within the limited energies that I had available. Began a slow and gradual recovery, but every time I get a small health issue (like a cold or sprain...) it is made 10 times worse by the CFS and I find it difficult to shake it off.

I have no idea what the current problem is - it could well just be a simple inner ear infection? But that (coupled with my knee injury!!) has really floored me recently.
The knee IS on the mend, my sports injury lady re-strapped it yesterday and was very happy with my progress this time! I am much more mobile and don't have to "wince" every time I move the damned thing!!!

The dizzyness thing has eased a bit too.... so I'm hoping that the worst has passed for now.

I didn't post much recently because everyone has their own RL stuff to deal with and I didn't want to post sad!
But, I am pretty much on the mend now, so am happy to share. I hope everyone else is getting there too.

If not - you know where we are!

G

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Gordy Hi!! Good to see ya back in The Shed! As far as not wanting to post sad? I say do it anyway! We will share the load with You My Friend! I find myself, after not planning to, posting some of my probs/crap that after I did, I was glad because I got a boost from some who replied with their point of view wisdom, that really helps me!
THANX to all who have kept me goin in here!!
CC does her best here, but I know I am such a freakin burdon to her at times, It just ends up pissin me off that I have to even have her listen to me. Upsets her, for me, that I cannot do what once was NO problem to do at all. Makes me feel like $h! t that I can't be like the old Mike. Well I am the old Mike I guess, but you know what I mean. LOL!!! I want to be like the original is what I mean!
So here it is almost 4 A.M. I was layin down earlier to sleep, but something kept makin me get up. Yah that crap again.
But HEY, I have an appt in the morn, like 11 A.M. for an MRI! Now we can finally find out what the hell is goin on with all the new probs I've been going through.

NightStar! The therapy does help some, at first, for a couple hours, but then It's right back to the same ole crap.
At least today the Doc prescribed me some REAL Pain Meds! I was in tears in his office earlier while he was doin some kind of nerve pain tests. The tests were not really that bad, but it was the new pain sites that were really hitting hard while I was there. He felt for me, so gave me something good to help during the bad spells.
30 mg Morphine Sulphate. Now these babies really do help! A LOT more than the other stuff I'm taking. I told him that even taking a triple dose of the others did not really do anything for the newer pain regions, so he hooked me up. Thank The Med Gods for that!! I asked him if it upset him that I did not ask first, before taking doubles, or triple of my other meds, and he said he was not upset. But in the future to try to call either him or the nurses and ask first......

Well this turned into a book, so I'm gonna go for now. Going to try to crash for a few hours, shortly, before I get up again, and head off to my MRI. See Ya's later, Syx.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Good Lord Gordi, this isn't just the land of sunshine and roses ya know. We are family and close friends and share everything in here, not just the good stuff. Hell, look at the bunch of us in here sharing our aches and pains and doctors appointments and whatever. Dawg even started the band of back backs. LOL !!!! Now that is what a true friend is, one with whom you can share the good and the bad and everything in between. And that is what we are in here, real friends who matter, who care.

So share the good stuff and do not ever sit back in silence when you have any kind of a problem. That goes for everyone!
That is an order.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Oh Syx, you snuck in. LOL Sleep well my friend and good luck with your test!!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I'm with Syx. I always feel better after sharing my problems. If I only posted when I didn't have any problems, you would never hear from me. LOL

And now that I think about it...When Jane started her Valentine thread many of us were not having a good valentine and banded together and that is where the shed grew from.

Most of us in here have physical problems of one kind or another or depression and or anxiety etc. In here we know we are not alone and feel better. In here there is magic and whimsy. In here we can do anything, be anyone, visit different realms or create new ones. This is a pretty special place right here.

Man, that is one beautiful colorful fish swimming around. LOL Just looked over at the new arrival.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   

I will try to sleep well Night, and thanx for the good luck wishes on the tests. Now I hope they find maybe a bad disk and not any of those pesky vertabrae eatin' aliens housed inside me?!?!? YIKES!!!
(Sneakin' back out to try and get some rest......)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Oh I'm sure they will find something. No one suffers with that much pain for nothing. Just hope there is something you can do to ease that pain. I have decided to ask for a stronger pain med come October when I have my next regular Doctor's visit. I can take a lot of pain but lately...it can be agony and that is no way to live. I have put off getting a stronger med for years. I just can't take it any more. I admit defeat. See, I have the white flag raised. I surrender!! The side affects will dictate whether I can stay on it or not or have to find yet another.

The sun hasn't risen yet. Not even any birds singing. Guess I'll go wash my hair.

Know what's weird? Ever since I had chemo one side of my hair grows faster than the other. LOL

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Dawg... Ammo drop incoming!

More hug defences!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I killed one like that the other day!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   

I love spiders!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Hi, Syx and Night!

Thanks guys!
I KNOW that we can all come here with anything really! (and I do appreciate that very much!)
We really do have something very special here.
I think about my friends who are ill/sore/AWOL very much, and I MISS Tsu, and I MISS Jane, and I MISS Jacy and EVERYONE really, when they're all busy/banned/ill/arrested etc

But we all have our own ways of dealing with stuff, and I personally prefer to (mainly) do my best to try and sort it out by myself first, safe in the knowledge that I have my shed family right behind me if I need them!

I'm not that "open" at the best of times, kind of old fashioned really, keep myself to myself, happy to try and help anyone who needs me, but reluctant to ask for help myself!!! (Took me TWO MONTHS to seek help for my knee- IDIOT!! Then Sports Injury Lady straps me up in 2 minutes flat and it starts feeling better straight away!! Uggh!)
It's just the way I was brought up I think? (Mum and Dad are/were both like that too. Though strangely... I do give my mum a telling off when she does it!!!! LOL)

Anyway - Here's to Us!!

G

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   

I love spiders!

DITTO!!
They are BRILLIANT! Harmless, and do a LOT of good for us by getting rid of other less helpful beasties!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   

I love spiders!

They scare me.

top topics

<< 118  119  120    122  123  124 >>

join