It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 120
<< 117  118  119    121  122  123 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Wow, I got creative with the new beta's bowl. I put a ribbon around the top and stuck a pink silk flower with green leaves in it. On the inside of the bowl is pretty greenery and white sea shells. SOOOOO pretty and unique!!! I surprised myself. LOL Fish looks active and happy.

Man, the pool was all clean today and it was too cold to go in! So I sat on the swing reading my book and fell asleep until Mom called from the window to say the laundry was ready.
Then I was too tired to go back out so I came upstairs to my apartment and cleaned all the bowls and tanks and hung around on the computer then took a nap. Just took a melatonin to help me to sleep cuz now that I should be sleeping I'm wide awake.

edit on 15-8-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

So, your youngsters are becoming slightly less young! Woot! Progress for the win!

I hope that the results of your medical tests do not throw up any unexpected and unfortunate findings, and that whatever ails you is summarily thumped in the groin until it dies.
On the subject of owning clothing older than me, I ALSO have some clothing that is older than I am, namely a studded denim waistcoat which used to a) belong to my father, and b) used to be blue but is now black, and is slowly becoming covered in band patches.

Glad to hear that you are still cranking out the choons there Gordi! Without music, there is no life!

Now.... I feel I must take this opportunity to give a shout out to all the British Sheddites, and ask what the heck is happening about the next meet up? I need to know in plenty of time so as to make arrangements for cover at the shop, and funding, and travel, and all sorts of other stuff! Keep me in the loop people!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Snooze fail?

That is no use what so ever! Count sheep! I find sheep a little too hilarious to fall asleep while counting them, so I tend to count seconds, or fleeting shadows as cars pass my bedroom window.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   

G'morn! How are you this fine day.

Guess I'm following in your footsteps. Gonna have to get a pill box. Just got the blood tests back. Everything is good except for my triglyceride levels. So now they want to put me on a statin as well (Lipitor). Chopping the other pills in half seems to have worked and I don't feel wonky anymore.

Crap! Another adjustment to my diet, as well.
Oh well, I'm going to try to look at that as another culinary adventure. As long as I don't have to go vegan, I think I should be OK.

Off to the farm later, so my blood pressure should be lower. It's supposed to be a rainy weekend so I don't see doing a whole lot of hard work.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: TDawgRex

LOL, OMG, almost spit my coffee out! No, not furniture polish...hairspray!!! Well, usually I use that on wasps, bees and other flying things. Spiders, they don't usually know what hit them. I'll grab a book and WHAM!

I got this in my email today from a bud and immediately thought of you.

And your shove did the trick, I posted a new ongoing short story as well.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Are you on any prescription meds Gordi? Most of mine cause dizziness or light headedness. In any case, I'm sure things will be sorted out soon enough. In the meantime you have my thoughts and prayers and good vibes.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

G'morn! How are you this fine day.

Guess I'm following in your footsteps. Gonna have to get a pill box. Just got the blood tests back. Everything is good except for my triglyceride levels. So now they want to put me on a statin as well (Lipitor). Chopping the other pills in half seems to have worked and I don't feel wonky anymore.

Crap! Another adjustment to my diet, as well.
Oh well, I'm going to try to look at that as another culinary adventure. As long as I don't have to go vegan, I think I should be OK.

Off to the farm later, so my blood pressure should be lower. It's supposed to be a rainy weekend so I don't see doing a whole lot of hard work.

First of all, congrats on the writing! I found it amusing and scary at the same time. LOL Good job!

I was on Lipitor for a while at a low dose. I had no problems whatsoever until she increased the damned dose on me then WHAM, I couldn't take them anymore. I had wicked bad cramps in my legs and I forget what else, maybe dizzy, sick to my stomach but felt like crap. I have tried a number of meds for cholesterol since then and no way can I tolerate them.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

originally posted by: Night Star

LOL, OMG, almost spit my coffee out! No, not furniture polish...hairspray!!! Well, usually I use that on wasps, bees and other flying things. Spiders, they don't usually know what hit them. I'll grab a book and WHAM!

I got this in my email today from a bud and immediately thought of you.

And your shove did the trick, I posted a new ongoing short story as well.

Still alive but fabulous hair!LOL
edit on 15-8-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Poor True and Foss, our young'uns, must be thinking what the hell am I doing hanging out with these old folk? All they talk about is their aches and pains and pills. LOL But hey, we're cool old folks, like Jacy said, not like normal old people.

And who wants to be normal anyway??? That is so boring! Exccuse me while I take my meds and crank my heavy metal.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I think of True and Foss and Tsu as old souls, even though they're young. At least they don't make fun of us. Only us old folk can make fun of old folk!

Whenever heavy work or exercise made me bend over and gasp for air or I started limping and some young Soldier accused me of being old, I would just look them in the eye and smile...

"You'll be one of us soon enough kid." BWhahahaha!

Well, gotta sign off and finish packing for the farm. See y'all later today!
edit on 15-8-2014 by TDawgRex because: Freakin' fingers!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
LOL! Have fun at the farm. And don't forget to get some chickens!!!!

Is Tsu banned forever or what????

Going out myself. Be back later.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

"One of us soon enough..."

My knees make a sound like a pair of ratchet screwdrivers when I go up and down stairs. I have a shoulder injury from playing cricket. My back has a sway in it, and requires a daily routine of stretches to keep it from locking up all the time. Its Friday today, and all I have to look forward to this evening, is a little internet and a good book. I am about thirty percent grey in the hair at the moment.

Just how low do things have to get before my membership card comes in?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

That's a damned good point.

Where is Tsu? I miss her hilarious comments, the banter, and her pixie like sense of mischief, not to mention the fact that when ever she types, I hear her words in my head with that wonderful Welsh accent.......

........ And we are back in the room. Where was I? Oh yes! Where the heck is everyone? And for that matter, where the heck is angelchemuel? What the bloody hells going on around these parts lately?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Good Mornin' True and anyone else here! Hope today is good to You's......

I know what ya mean about lack of participants here True! It gets down right eery at times! LOL!!

I believe Angel/Jane is moving this weekend and was going to be off-line for almost a week, if I remember it right. Back a couple/few pages she mentioned it....
So how are ya today? I'm just stirring here, and will be getting ready to leave for my Sadistic Doctor appt in a while...... I am supposed to go there every week for a 10 minute therapy treatment. I bet they charge an arm and a leg for it too. What a racket that is eh? LOL! Oh well, costs me nothing as my insurance pays for it all so......

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

I am well enough Syx.

It has, however, been a very slow day in the store today, and apparently the Co-operative supermarket down the road was robbed last night, which explains the presence of a (very attractive) Scientific Support Officer, and their vehicle this morning, outside the premises.

So all things considered its a mixed bag. But I am personally functioning within normal parameters!
Its as good as it gets! LOL!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Yes, Jane is moving and has a new place to settle into. Hopefully soon she shall be back in full force.

Man, how many toys does one kid need to play in a pool with? Cody had 3 little friends out there yesterday. Today he is with his Mom on a trip for the weekend. I gathered the tons of plastic toys in the pool and all around the yard. I also had to gather up the electric tools and all the crap on the table we have out there. Noticed a jar of peanuts and an open bag of chips with ants and...GRRRRRRRR My aching effing back! If I have the strength tomorrow, that table is getting washed down and the only thing on it will be an ashtray. LOL

Gotta dry off now and put on dry clothes and do my laundry. Be back later my friends. Hugs for everyone except the Dawg, cuz he unleashes spiders if you hug him. LOL

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Sounds like a little bit of extra excitement there eh? What with the robbery and all. Well, I'm glad they didn't hit your establishment True. And at least You have some moving scenery there to look at for a while, right? (The Sci Support Officer!)
Operating within normal parameters is good. However, I long for my normal param's of yrs gone by. My Norm's now, suck! LOL!!!
But it is what it is. Such is Life, eh?!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

LOL Night! You take it easy, and have a good day!

Catch Ya later, hopefully. Syx.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

So... let me get this straight.

You have a bad back anyway, correct? And there you are, bending over to pick up all these random objects, fish them out of a pool, pluck them from the grass in your yard? What the heck!?

What you need my dear, is a grabbing device to minimise the need for you to stress your lumbar region!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

True, Night reminds me of myself. If I don't do 'Something, AnyThing", I feel worthless. Even if it will hurt me right then, or the pain hits me later on, or the next day, I have to do something useful.
I used to "do it all", but hen I had my back probs set in. For a time I could not do anything at all, literally..... Now I can do some piddily stuff, but it's better than nothing at all!
Hey, I gotta go, my ride is on her way to get me, and then take me to my Doc appt. Catch Ya later. Take it easy and have a good day!

Syx.

new topics

top topics

<< 117  118  119    121  122  123 >>

join