It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 122
<< 119  120  121    123  124  125 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Night Star

I love spiders!

DITTO!!
They are BRILLIANT! Harmless, and do a LOT of good for us by getting rid of other less helpful beasties!

Harmless? My friend has quite the scar from a nasty spider bite. And...they could give you a heart attack they're so scary! LOL

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   

LOL - I mean the ones HERE in the UK!!

(I think I might have a very different opinion of them if I lived down under in Oz!!!!)

Gx

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I'm pretty bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning. Think I'll go outside early. Got my bag with my cigarettes, cell phone in case Mom needs me and my book.

Gordi, I miss Tsu, Jane and Jacy too. Not quite the same when some of us are missing. Homer too and...well, all of you that have been missing. And Cody, where the hell are you? Foss? Gah, there are too many. Mura, you here today? What happened to Rod and the doctor's wife and others?

Should we send out a search party? Dragons are ready. Dragons are always ready. Pick one, any one and we'll take to the sky. Ok, going out now. Be back later. Hugs to you all!!!! Yes you too Dawg. Just remember, if you send a spider my way, you are sending him to a certain death.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

But they get rid of disease carrying flies and mosquitos, aggravating moths, wasps, and other bugs which can be irritating, and some of which can be really dangerous for ones health!

Most spiders one comes across in my country are harmless, unless you have an allergy to them, and I would imagine that unless you live in one of the hotspots for dangerous spiders, that your chances of coming across one that can do you harm are minimal! Spiders are my bosom buddies because of the many benefits of having them around. Plus, when I wake up with one on my nose, it tickles! Whats not to like?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

a reply to: TrueBrit

I warned ya!

Here's whatever football team you root for needs.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

I WANT IT!

I HATE football, but I LOVE the idea of a spider big enough to put a saddle on!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
I keep getting visuals of the floppy head. Hahahaha!!

Added another bit to the other story. Hope ya enjoy it.

I hope you're feeling better today. I don't know about your neck of the woods, but it should be warming up here for a bit. It was 48 degrees here last night, Thankfully I brought a light jacket. this has been the coolest summer here in decades. I haven't even been able to go into the pool this year, Bummer!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

But they get rid of disease carrying flies and mosquitos, aggravating moths, wasps, and other bugs which can be irritating, and some of which can be really dangerous for ones health!

Most spiders one comes across in my country are harmless, unless you have an allergy to them, and I would imagine that unless you live in one of the hotspots for dangerous spiders, that your chances of coming across one that can do you harm are minimal! Spiders are my bosom buddies because of the many benefits of having them around. Plus, when I wake up with one on my nose, it tickles! Whats not to like?

But I love moths! I killed 3 spiders today. LOL Sorry, but as hard as I try I cannot get over my fear of those damned spiders no matter how small they are. Rarely do I find an interesting looking one and leave it alone. If it makes you feel better, there is still one in my bathroom and one in my hallway that I haven't touched.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

We have had a few cool days. Today wasn't hot unless you sat in the sun. I went in the pool but man, it was like sitting in a bucket of ice!!

Finally washed that table down and picked up a few more things that were hanging around. Now if I want to do a craft project out there, I'll have a clean table to work on.

I'll get to your story in a while Dawg.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

We have had a few cool days. Today wasn't hot unless you sat in the sun. I went in the pool but man, it was like sitting in a bucket of ice!!

Finally washed that table down and picked up a few more things that were hanging around. Now if I want to do a craft project out there, I'll have a clean table to work on.

I'll get to your story in a while Dawg.

Cleaning a table to trash it again, sounds at first like it doesn't make sense, but it does. Kind of like rinseing dishes before putting them in a dishwasher.

Have fun with your projects. I'm out of things to do here, the chainsaw needs sharpening, the last of the logs that I can handle are moved and the garage is clean (amazingly he didn't trash it to bad...LOL)

I guess I'll just rake where the old wood pile was, get up all the small branches and prep for a bonfire tonight. Other than that, it'll be movie time and playing with the dog.

The pigs say Hi! and I did see the feral chicken across the road, so she is still out and about at least. I hope she's not mating with the turkey buzzards out here. Those would some butt ugly birds.
edit on 16-8-2014 by TDawgRex because: Oops

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
PREVIOUSLY:
He crouched low in the grass and leaned back on the stump of an old fallen tree to gather his thoughts and try to make sense of what was happening, and it was then that he heard the voice again...

NOW:
“Wait a minute! That’s Dawg!” thought Gordi, as he leapt to his feet and tried to get a bearing on the muffled voices...

The foliage was getting thicker than ever now, and his senses were in a spin trying to figure out a way through. It was then that he caught a movement in the corner of his eye, off in the distance. It was a man, or at least it had the silhouette of a man, but was sort of floating, drifting through the trees??
Quickly he forced his way through the first group of bushes and onto a light trail which went loosely in the right direction to pursue the distant figure... it looked like Foss???

Gordi quickened his pace and ran through the underbrush, leaping over fallen logs and rock piles trying to close the gap on his target.
There were other voices now, drifting on the breeze...

“That sounds like... NO, IT CAN’T BE!!! Is it... Jane??”

His legs began to ache from the sustained effort of running through this dense undergrowth, and his mind was racing trying to make sense of it all, but he just HAD to push on, to re-unite with his shed-mates, and a few short minutes later he snapped a branch in front of his path and fell out into a small clearing just in time to see 3 figures entering a cave on the rock face on the opposite side of the clearing!

Horrible animal growls and shrieks filled the air now, and echoed around the clearing in the woods. The spine-chilling sounds of weapons clashing with flesh and bone, gnashing of teeth and the unmistakable struggle of creatures locked in mortal combat.

The sounds were coming from the cave that the 3 figures had just entered.

“JANE!!! FOSS!!!!” cried Gordi as he ran full-tilt across the clearing, drawing his sword and leaping into the darkness of the fray.

The sounds died as quickly as they had risen, and Gordi froze in anticipation of what lay ahead, as his eyes adjusted to the near pitch black he could see the carnage of battle before him. Pieces of fur, pools blood and shards of bone littered the area, and he could see several figures up ahead... facing up to one another...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Nice addition Gordi. My juices are flowing...but still waiting...

Putting my writing urges into another on-going story at the moment.

Anyone? Please go there and critique it, in a honest fashion. I can take it. That's the only way I'll learn after all. That's what buds are for as well, being honest, whether ya like what's being said or not.
edit on 16-8-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

The pigs say Hi! and I did see the feral chicken across the road, so she is still out and about at least. I hope she's not mating with the turkey buzzards out here. Those would some butt ugly birds."

Hahahahaha butt ugly birds! Waves at all the piggies!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Yay Gordi!!!!! Good job!

Night quickly dropped her sword with a loud clang. Wolf was lying on his side panting and looking up at her with sad and soulful eyes whimpering. The blood stained fur made her furious and frightened. She didn't notice anything or anyone around her. The elf's only intention was to heal her friend. She rummaged through the leather pouch attached to her belt and found a healing salve. She then chose a few crystals and gems and placed them on the wolf's body while chanting an ancient spell. Over and over the same words echoed and filled the empty air. She hugged the creature close to her body and let the tears fall with ease onto his thick soft fur. "Work with me wolf. Use your energy and envision the healing light filling you with its power."
edit on 16-8-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

The juices in my brain are starting to flow faster...

Must...resist...urge...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

The juices in my brain are starting to flow faster...

Must...resist...urge...

Let the creative juices flow.

edit on 16-8-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Probably Sunday or Monday after I get home, I just want to make sure I know where everybody is at.

But I have a inkling of an idea.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Hi Guys, G'Night guys.LOL Thought I could come in, catch up, and hang for a few, but am drifting off as I type this. I'll come back in the morn and catch up. I had one doozy of a day today. Good and bad. Fill ya's in on the morrow. Syx.........ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
edit on 17-8-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Hi shed stalwarts Night, Dawg, Syx, Gordi & True and hello to lurkers and other sheddites who pop in for a read but not a post.

I had a great day yesterday at the 50th birthday party despite the fact that the only other people I knew where my own hubby and my friend's (birthday girl's) family. Great company and great food and the drinks were flowing... a little too much for me!

LOL, by the end of the night my friend's daughter started doing her special thing - mixing cocktails! And who can resist a tall glass of pretty turquoise topped with gold spider-like tinsel that tickles your nose, especially when resistance has been dissolved in several glasses of other ... stuff ... in the build up? Ooh, pretty

Didn't sleep too well though. Stayed overnight and hubby believed the bed to be the same size as the one at home which it aint, hence spent the night being snored on, sharing my pillow, being poked and elbowed, holding on for dear life to the corner of duvet that was allocated to me (floor on hubby's side of the bed was cold and needed some duvet too) as hangover set in. Hangovers nasty enough when you wake up, but being awake as they develop is not fun.

Gave up around 5 ish, made tea and sat in the rain having a cigarette. Good party, can I go home now please?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
A sudden RUSH of energy flowed over Gordi as he stood at the entrance to the Cave. It felt like a force-field of some sort, and it looked like he had just made it inside the cave before the energy formed a protective shield at the entrance.

“Looks like Foss has been busy here!” he thought to himself...

Before him, the figures standing in the centre of the cave came more into focus, and it struck him that it was like a scene from an old western movie, where the “good guys” and the “bad guys” square up to one another for the “final battle” scene.
The tension was becoming unbearable now.

The clash which had gone before had been swift and fierce. Several huge wild cats, almost resembling ancient sabre-tooths, lay scattered and broken around the floor of the cave amidst the blood and debris.
To the far end of the cavern lay the mighty White Wolf with NightStar in attendance. He had been very badly injured in the fight.

The others... Foss, Homer, Jane, Dawg, and (still in shadow) some other figures (could it be True, Jacy, Syx?? (hint hint!!)), several crows, faeries and others were gathered around what appeared to be a wizard of some sort?

He was an impressive fellow, resplendent in flowing black robes and brandishing a sword and long knarled wooden staff which seemed to glow at one end. He was tall and sturdy, and you could sense a youthful strength in him which belied his true age.

“Night – are you OK? Do you need help with White Wolf?” Gordi cried,

NightStar nodded and motioned towards the wizard, so Gordi stepped forward and joined the gathering at the centre of the massive cavern, stealthily approaching the wizard figure from behind.

The circle was closed, with the wizard at its centre. He whirled around as Gordi made his final approach and hissed through his teeth at the warriors as they gathered around him.

The time for the final confrontation had come.

top topics

<< 119  120  121    123  124  125 >>

join