It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 year old recalls past life ,Identifies killer and location of body

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

If he believed in reincarnation he would have said so.

“Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’
The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.

And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
More proof you don't know anything about the bible. You are taking all of those scriptures out of context and you obviously get your info from personal blogs you found on Google.

When Jesus talks about returning to life he is talking about whole body resurrection AFTER god's kingdom comes. For you to say otherwise shows a complete lack of understanding of what Jesus believed. He also clearly told Nicodemus what being born again meant, and that it happens WHILE you are ALIVE when the holy spirit enters you.

a reply to: windword

edit on 25-5-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

When Jesus talks about returning to life he is talking about whole body resurrection AFTER god's kingdom comes.

No he wasn't. For you to claim that you know what Jesus believed or what he "really" meant to say is the highest form of arrogance!

He also clearly told Nicodemus what being born again meant, and that it happens WHILE you are ALIVE when the holy spirit enters you.

Now you're just making stuff up AND putting words in Jesus's mouth! Tsk Tsk

edit on 25-5-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Wow, again more proof you've no idea.

Read the next 4 vs after vs 3...you've obviously never read them.

4Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born, can he?" 5Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God

This is referring to water baptism and being annoited by holy spirit. That is what being born again means.

And yes, he was referring to a whole body ressurection after the kingdom of heaven is founded on earth.

Luke 7:20-22
Matt 7:21
biblehub.com...

Do you really not understand resurrection was a teaching of Jesus? Lazarus?? The general's daughter? The widows son?

You've completely ignored all contextual matter to support your idea.

Even Elijah and Elisha resurrected people. Jonah was resurrected...probably.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

This is referring to water baptism and being annoited by holy spirit. That is what being born again means.

Being "Born Again" doesn't have anything to do a physical ritualized religious water baptism ordeal, of the flesh and blood body. I don't believe that for a minute!

Are you trying to tell me that Jesus was telling Nicodemus to go and get himself baptized in order to be "saved"? Ridiculous!

Do you really not understand resurrection was a teaching of Jesus? Lazarus?? The general's daughter? The widows son?

You've completely ignored all contextual matter to support your idea.

Even Elijah and Elisha resurrected people. Jonah was resurrected...probably.

Probably? Making stuff up again?

If Lazarus, et al, were resurrected, what happened to them? Did they get taken up into heaven? Were they made forever immortal? Or, did they live a little longer, only to die a human death?

If there were other people resurrected, then what was so special about Jesus' resurrection?

How come only some people got resurrected and others have to rot in their graves until the end of time, when they're finally waken up by the sound of trumpets, and like sleeping beauty, with a kiss from "Prince Charming", they're to be whisked off to heaven for the wedding ceremony?

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I said probably because there are two theories concerning Jonah, both of which can be argued based off contextual information. More proof you aren't familiar with the bible.

And you can say I've made stuff up all you want. I've backed everything I said up with scripture.

And yes, I am exactly telling you he was telling Nicodemus to get baptized...Jesus himself was baptized and immediately anointed with holy spirit. Others who were baptized were anointed on 33ce.

Matthew 28:19,20 was a commandment from Jesus to his disciples: baptize people

Just admit it, you've never actually read the bible. It's obvious but you might as well admit you've never read the bible through from start to finish.

If you don't know how Jesus' resurrection was different then that's more indication you've never read the bible. It is actually spelled out by Paul exactly how it was different.

As far as what happened to those who were ressurected, why does it matter? It was meant to show that it was possible. They and their families were given extra time even if another death was the eventuality.
edit on 25-5-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I said probably because there are two theories concerning Jonah, both of which can be argued based off contextual information. More proof you aren't familiar with the bible.

Oh, okay! You're one of those! You're going on the assumption that the story of a man being kept alive in the belly of a fish for 3 days is true and to be taken literally....

And you can say I've made stuff up all you want. I've backed everything I said up with scripture.

No you haven't.

And yes, I am exactly telling you he was telling Nicodemus to get baptized...Jesus himself was baptized and immediately anointed with holy spirit. Others who were baptized were anointed on 33ce.

Okay, lets assume, for a moment that you're right, and Jesus was saying that to be "Born Again" all one needs to do is get baptized. So what? That doesn't negate what he said here:

The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."

Here, ^^ Jesus explains that the "Born Again" spirit has the ability to come and go as it pleases. That would mean the ability to incarnate, if it "pleases" one. That corresponds to what Josephus said of the Pharisee believed and what he told his troops.

As far as what happened to those who were ressurected, why does it matter? It was meant to show that it was possible. They and their families were given extra time even if another death was the eventuality.

Now you're just deflecting.

Of course it matters! Why was Jesus' resurrection such a big deal, if some random guy could be resurrected by accidentally getting tossed on Elisha's bones?

All kind of people were supposedly "resurrected from the dead". That's kind of a big deal, and yet they're never again mentioned! What happened to them?

Given what we know about what the Pharisees and the Essene believed, and the apostles struggle with reincarnation, and Jesus' references to reincarnation......Your argument for fully restored resurrection of ones body falls apart.

Further, there's nothing in Jewish teachings to infer that they thought that sexual intercourse created a soul. According to Judaism, the soul has always existed with God, since the creation. God blew into Adam's nostrils, and he became a "living" soul.

The Jewish God promised that that the body will return to dust.

By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return."

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
No. I think Jonah died and was whole body resurrected once his body was vomited out and washed ashore.

Again, you should just admit you've never read the bible.

What exactly did I make up without backing it with scripture?

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I think Jonah died and was whole body resurrected once his body was vomited out and washed ashore.

Seriously?
You do?

Why?

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

www.letusreason.org...
www.gotquestions.org...

Those are just two that discuss the two views.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Also the spirit in the scripture you quoted is the holy spirit (it means gods active force), not a man's soul.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

A (hu)man's soul IS "God's active source". We are all "Holy Spirits". God is not separated from us. The Kingdom of God is within!

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Dude...please.read.the.bible...

biblehub.com...

Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

That was BEFORE man even existed.

Here are just SOME scriptures that show the holy spirit has nothing to do with mans soul:

Old Testament:
Judges 3:10-14
Psalm 52:1-3
Micah 3:8-10

New Testament:
Matthew 12:31-33
Luke 24:45-49
John 3:6-8
Romans 8:2-6
2 Corinthians 5:16-18
Acts 2:1-5
1 Chronicles 12:18-20
Luke 24:45-47
1 John 2:19-27

None of what you are saying has ANY grounding in biblical teaching.

Edit: I am still waiting for you to tell me what I made up...don't make accusations you can't back up.
edit on 27-5-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Dude! I'm not going on your biblical scavenger hunt. If you have evidence, present it and use your own words to explain why YOU believe it applies and why you think it's true.

Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

But not before the "breath of life" of God existed.

Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

We are our souls, and our souls are the breath of God, the Holy Spirit.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

Dude...please.read.the.bible...

biblehub.com...

Here are just SOME scriptures that show the holy spirit has nothing to do with mans soul:

Old Testament:
Judges 3:10-14
Psalm 52:1-3
Micah 3:8-10

New Testament:
Matthew 12:31-33
Luke 24:45-49
John 3:6-8
Romans 8:2-6
2 Corinthians 5:16-18
Acts 2:1-5
1 Chronicles 12:18-20
Luke 24:45-47
1 John 2:19-27

None of what you are saying has ANY grounding in biblical teaching.

Edit: I am still waiting for you to tell me what I made up...don't make accusations you can't back up.

It always breaks down into a religious debate...

SMH.

Whats the bible got to do with it?
A book made up of ancient stories from different sources(human sources) that often conflicted with each other hence the apocrypha. Chosen to back up a floundering military dictatorship that was the Roman Empire, with self regulation of the masses. And it still works, like a charm. Unbelievable. I want to cry.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: OneManArmy

Because this guy is trying to say the bible supports his viewpoint, when it doesn't. He should be using every other resource at his disposal which actually supports the idea of reincarnation, but trying to say the bible supports reincarnation is ignorant of biblical philosophy.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

You basically just said "I don't want to read the bible, I just want the cliff notes" which is the very problem you have. You've only read others peoples cliff notes where they have taken very specific scriptures far out of context. You haven't actually read any of it on your own so you have no contextual data. I gave you very few scriptures that would take you less than 10 minutes to read all of.

The spirit is NOT the breath of life. They are very different words that mean very different things.

Job 33:4, 14-15 differentiates that they are two different things.

The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life...If He should determine to do so, If He should gather to Himself His spirit and His breath, All flesh would perish together, And man would return to dust

So clearly, god's spirit and his breath (same word translated as breath of life) are two separate things.

Gen 6:17 shows that the breath of life simply means something that is alive, as it says all things upon the earth which have the breath of life. Modern translation simply say "all things living" as that is how it is intended to be portrayed.

Job 27:3, again, job shows the breath of life is NOT a mans soul, nor is it the holy spirit.

Isaiah 42:5 again shows that the spirit and breath of life are not related to each other.

Rev 11:11
1 Kings 17:17
Job 34:14-15

So just give up. The bible, in no way shape or form supports reincarnation. For you to think it does shows a complete lack of biblical knowledge.

Edit: And again, you have accused me of making stuff up, but you haven't shown me what I made up...
edit on 27-5-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Its said that energy is neither created or destroyed.

I have it figured out.

I believe in reincarnation which explains a lot of stuff.
People that are really talented in the arts, science and even sports got that extra edge from past lives, accumulated knowledge. As a kid I knew things before they were explained to me. For example when I first seen a hop scotch thingy in my mind I looked at it and thought "that's a hop scotch thingy" and we all have something that was very familiar to us, for me it was a guitar which I learned very quickly at a young age.

Now here's the mind bender.

I believe that our energy has always been here and evolved through time hosted in increasingly more complex life forms. At one time we were all microbes that "graduated" into bugs, mammals, etc. I see people's fears such as being afraid of a cat or something as par of your record which may have been a mouse that was eaten by a cat.

I'm not saying that one goes from microbe to an ant as this process takes some time and a bit of work, you may have been a crawfish multiple times before your energy granted an upgrade. This explains the various stages of the human condition. What we may think is a idiot may be in their first few rounds of being human while others have been and seem to have mastered the game from multiple lives.

I believe there is a time when lifeforms ascend into pure energy.

Take a seat now...

Once a life form breaks free of the physical plane and accumulates enough energy and conditions...
BOOM.
A new sun.
And it all continues.
Forever.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

On tonight, live from 10PM Eastern time!

Show thread with listening information

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
People keep saying how quick the boy went from one life to the next, but that view is based on our understanding of time in our human capacity.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join