It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Months Since Legalizing Marijuana, Here's What Colorado Looks Like

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

drug1 [druhg] Show IPA
noun
Pharmacology . a chemical substance used in the treatment, cure, prevention, or diagnosis of disease or used to otherwise enhance physical or mental well-being.
c. any article, other than food, intended to affect the structure or any function of the body of humans or other animals.

I have to disagree with you here. MJ is a flower. It's not a chemical substance. It's a plant and it IS food. When grown outdoors, any number of animals will eat MJ flowers. Not to mention the nutritional abundance in the seeds..........

It's not a food for people. Many things poisonous to people are eaten by other creatures, does that make them food for people? When you people need to resort to saying things this stupid it's time to just stop.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

It's not a food for people. Many things poisonous to people are eaten by other creatures

MJ flowers, if eaten as is are NOT poisonous. Also, the seeds have been a source of human food for ages.

For example:

The use of cannabis seed as a source of food and oil can be traced back to the very beginnings of civilization. In sixth-century Persia a preparation of cannabis seed was named Sahdanag, meaning Royal Grain. This demonstrates the high regard the ancient Persians held for the nutritious seeds, which came from the same plant which provided them with their spiritual drink, banga.1
www.cannabisculture.com...

edit on 16-5-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Actually there is many stuff that grows naturally that have altering effects. When i visited a tea plantation in the mountains in india, they had some type of chew(it wasnt tobacco) but it had slight light headed feeling.

Anything too much is bad.

Assuming MJ is magically evil is brainwashing.(especially when they are ok with nasty stuff like alcohol and cigarettes)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Because your's is nonsense and theirs is not for starters!
a reply to: semperfortis

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

The banning of any of these naturally occurring substances is moronic at best.

Being of the Christian Faith, I truly believe that God put it here on Earth for us to use. Not abuse, but to use it.

That being said, my Libertarian stance is that if someone wants to smoke drain cleaner they have the right to do so. So long as it doesn't affect my rights.

The war on drugs is just another means to siphon money from the tax payer.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Now all the Black Project and top secret officials should weaponize the weed, using it as a biological weapon to give their enemies the munchies, and persuade the enemy nation to surrender with Twinkies.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The only negative side effect that government cares about is loss of profit for their BUDS at big pharma. We don't need their poison and they know it. If it's legal they can't control it. We won't need them. It grows like a WEED. MJ also let's you think a little different. Question things. They don't like that EITHER.

This debate should be long over.

VinMan

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
So all the nay Sayers are totally cool with alcohol? I haven't really seen that addressed from the anti-legalization crowd. Mabye you guys just don't want to second guess that cocktail you'll be sipping on while atop your high horse tonight?

Is this like Modern Reefer Madness or what? Man, the propaganda, and ignorance as a result is thick on this thread.

S&F OP, and an S for every member with some sense

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I like the law, now I can smoke tobacco in peace and pass it off as pot.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

drug1 [druhg] Show IPA
noun
Pharmacology . a chemical substance used in the treatment, cure, prevention, or diagnosis of disease or used to otherwise enhance physical or mental well-being.
c. any article, other than food, intended to affect the structure or any function of the body of humans or other animals.

I have to disagree with you here. MJ is a flower. It's not a chemical substance. It's a plant and it IS food. When grown outdoors, any number of animals will eat MJ flowers. Not to mention the nutritional abundance in the seeds..........

It's not a food for people. Many things poisonous to people are eaten by other creatures, does that make them food for people? When you people need to resort to saying things this stupid it's time to just stop.
whoathere crazy man. I am into health and wellness. Hemp, cannabis' cousin is one of natures most perfect and complete foods, both for animal and human consumption. It is non toxic. It is safe to say you are completely clueless to make such a crazy statement.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
All said and done, people who really want to smoke weed plus all the people who would if they could (medically) would have could have and did anyway..... they get some tax out of it now.

So somome doesnt have to find some street thug to get it off, who cares, leave them reefer addicts to it. Bank some cash on whats effectively free tax money and shut up.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

It does cause hallucinations

Really? Now, I keep reading this. Hallucinations!? Where are these people getting their stuff?! For real though, things may get a bit visually enhanced. Or maybe someone can fall into a meditative/half dream state while relaxing, are those considered hallucinatory? If not well than I call BS and I'm sticking to it.

As for psychosis, do they mean panic attack? Or maybe they're referring to an already psycho who shouldn't be partaking? If not, then once again I don't believe.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
But o no, due to the government tampering with one of nature most natural, sacred herbs. There has been a gas leak, infecting all those who have no immunity to the gas, making them Twinkies munchie Eating Zombies.

The States falls into panic, not realizing that they need to constantly make Twinkies till the effect of the gas wear. However, the Twinkie bakers get infected with the reefer gas too. And all the Twinkies are gone.

And somehow lead to a flesh eating zombie apocalypse where this all took place in 24 hours.

Horrible tragedy.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: Rosinitiate

No your wrong it's an herb. Drugs my friend take human involvement to process into their state as drugs. In fact if you wanted to look at it a little differently you could say it could be made into a drug but as it is it grows out of the ground as a plant and nothing more. Would you call a willow tree a drug?
you are correct. It is NOT A DRUG. To be classified as a drug and placed in the PDR it has to be toxic. Cannabis or hemp is not toxic. Go ahead and look. In the physicians desk reference every drug in it is toxic. It is part of the definition requirement to be a pharmaceutical "drug". Cannabis, imo, must be considered a nutriceutical and not a pharmaceutical. I.e., non-toxic

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I honestly don't get the people who are against the legalization of marijuana. It is like prohibition all over again. Didn't we learn anything from that?

Besides, ANY argument someone who is against the legalization of marijuana comes up with can be easily countered with asking the same question about alcohol.

Overall, alcohol is a much worse drug than marijuana is...and yet I bet most of the anti-legal people drink occasionally.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I believe you are wrong in not seeing the correlation between a decrease in crime and the legalization of marijuana. If you look at countries around the globe that have decriminalized drugs the same exact thing happens, that being a slight decrease in crime. Its like saying you cant connect the dots between the rise and fall of the US mafia families and the beginning and end of prohibition. Making things illegal doesn't stop people from using or getting their hands on it, it just enables to people in control to manipulate the system in there favor. We are finally starting to put the system in the peoples favor!

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

drug1 [druhg] Show IPA
noun

It's not a food for people.

How do you know? Got any science to back you up on that?

Many things poisonous to people are eaten by other creatures, does that make them food for people? When you people need to resort to saying things this stupid it's time to just stop.

That is a silly statement, we have a whole industry that has proven that marijuana is safe to ingest. Don't make an argument where none has to be made. The fact that we can create edibles with it and we haven't poisoned anyone with it says that it isn't poisonous to humans.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Not a food you say hmmm then why do I have a bag of hemp seed that I bought from the local grocery store and why am I eating it in my oatmeal every morning?

They taste great and the have plenty of omega oils in a serving plus other healthy benifits.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I think the biggest thing holding legalization across the country is the fact they PTB would have to admit/conceed the whole War on Drugs was a farce.

It's a PLANT for petes sake. No chemicals, no polutants, and FREE.

Of course they want to control it. MONEY it is all about MONEY and NOT ANYONE HEALTH.

If they were concerned about people health they would rid the country of Alcohol.

Have a smokey weekend... in Co and Wash.

420 Tours I hear has a lot of info on their site as well. Go find out for yourselves! I dare you

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: HanzHenry

originally posted by: romilo
I would worry more of those chemical drugs got from doctors, whats in them and how they change our kids brains,

Ritalin is METH. many former adhd ritalin kids are now big time drug addicts.

That pharma stuff kills more people every year than cannabis has killed in the entire existence of MAN

Why isn't this mainstream news, oh, right, because it's the truth. Truth doesn't make money these days.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join