It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Months Since Legalizing Marijuana, Here's What Colorado Looks Like

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: semperfortis
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Why do you consider my link propaganda and not yours?

Because it supports your side?

Not because it supports his side. Medical science says what you posted is wrong and has no basis in fact.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: frugal
Since I am an extremely responsible member in the USA society, I will avoid going to Colorado for any reason as if it has the plague. All of societies' degenerates and weirdos will be moving in there. Coralled into one area. It fits in well with their crazy weird airport. Seriously, when you do drugs bad things happen as a universal consequence. That place will be the black hole of despair.

1937 called. They want their ignorance back.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Thank you

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: whatsup86

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Although I understand how so many people can not understand what the effects of MJ actually does if you are someone who hasn't tried it and have only read about it. What is interesting to me at least, is the amount of people who likely partake and are members of this site. If I was a betting man, some of the most profound thinkers on this site are likely the same who are no stranger to MJ.

One misconception I hear all the time is "he smoked himself stupid", or they smoke so much that all they do is sit and drool. What people don't typically understand is how it actually effects your brain and your thoughts. MJ doesn't make it harder to think, it does just the opposite, it makes you over focus on a particular topic or action that all other thoughts are typically cancelled out.

Here is a very short video that explains exactly what happens to the brain on MJ:

I dont see this as fact. I know tons of mj-smokers. Some are active some start ''drooling''. All depends on how and what, and how much you smoke and on the person himself. Like some have a bad drunk on alcohol. But if youre 21 you should be free to make those decissions for yourself. If you want to you should be free to try. Dont make yourself illusions it can be as addictive and it can ruin your life just like alcohol or any other drug can.

But one thing Ive never seen is people fight or act agressive while high from mj.

The point is, they don't drool off into never never land exclusively. It's just not the way the chemical works in the brain, however, some people have a disposition to a behavior that becomes enhanced. Another words, taken simply, a teenager who isn't interested in much other than video games would become "over focused" on video games and to hell with everything else. If you focus on nothing, than you brain will over focus on nothing.

MJ is a DRUG! and as such can have terrible consequences to someone in the real world. That said, responsible people who take it for the right reason can gain and benefit. You shouldn't gamble in the stock market if you don't understand it. You don't jump in a river if you can't swim. You don't do drugs unless you understand what it does. And that goes for over the counter, prescription or exotic. Ignorance can and will get you killed.
edit on 16-5-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Just want to add some info, I haven't read all 8 pages but as much as there is good coming from this there is bad. I am PRO legalization, so I support 100% what is happening in CO. But people are ignorant, and will try to make the newest form of THC oil on their own, in their own houses.

This is causing a major increase in home fires/explosions, over 25 already due to the process of using butane and the Marijuana to extract the pure THC oil from it (BHO).

There are risks to certain aspects, don't be ignorant, research every little thing before you even attempt it,

www.washingtonpost.com...
edit on 16-5-2014 by swordsandpens because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Ok, Acute illness? I know why he used that. It sounds scary to the general public.
What it really means

It means anything. Even a stubbed toe for pete's sake.

No, kids should not be getting it. That is the parents fault. But good for Colorado for setting a good example on how it can work.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

No your wrong it's an herb. Drugs my friend take human involvement to process into their state as drugs. In fact if you wanted to look at it a little differently you could say it could be made into a drug but as it is it grows out of the ground as a plant and nothing more. Would you call a willow tree a drug?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: darepairman
Hi, I rarly post here but I lurk everyday, I havent read the whole thread but I would like to chime in here.
I was a big drinker (alchoholic) and I destroyed my liver, now take it in concideration that I am a machine repairman in a large brewery.
I quit drinking 6 years ago when I found out the extent of the damage to my liver. You know some times you need a little stress relife, or a little reward at the end of the week. I found out that taking a toke once in a while fits that bill without resorting back to drinking. Now 6 years later my liver is back to normal operations and I dont even think about drinking and will never go back to it. I would say that occasional usage of weed has helped in my recovery and I always say I would rather see a joint in someones hand than a beer now keep in mind my occupation. I hope this post does not cross the lines of T&C because I think my point is valid and my story should be read. If I spelled anything wrong....I am not an english major.
Thanks Ed

Shhhh...the alcohol producers won't like it!

Figures show that every month for stats available for 2012, alcohol producers in the USA alone made almost a Billion Gallons of spirit...every month.

This doesn't include the stats for wine and beer.

So...a LOT of alcohol and a LOT of money means vested interests will not be happy if people decide to leave a drug that kills millions of people a year and choose a plant that doesn't.

Link to stats available.

Alcohol and Tobacco trade, US treasury

edit on 16-5-2014 by MysterX because: added link

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

TODAY...we have people taking "recreational" drugs, i.e. "just to get high"... how can you even compare that? Please don't argue with that drugs are harmless because "man is taking them for 1000s of years", because that's just silly.

And you are wrong. MJ is and has been used as a medicine for over 4000 years. MJ was well known back in the time of Jesus.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: swordsandpens

problem is it's no different being legal or illegal. People have been and will continue to make it…and some of them are dumb and blow themselves up. I had a buddy who did it to himself and another of his friends and that was a couple years ago. He isn't the only one either. Also if you guys are picturing a meth lab blowing up in comparison that's not how it goes. Usually ( there's always exceptions) it melts paint and plastic leaving the room charred but not actually blown up. Not that creating a room sized fireball inside is a good thing but I also see how people are taking it overboard and acting like meth labs are blowing up the neighbors. I just can't for the life of me understand why people can't just sit back and be honest with themselves and others about this subject. Oh well…one day they will learn they were wrong and until then I'll keep enjoying my right to medication.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Although I understand how so many people can not understand what the effects of MJ actually does if you are someone who hasn't tried it and have only read about it. What is interesting to me at least, is the amount of people who likely partake and are members of this site. If I was a betting man, some of the most profound thinkers on this site are likely the same who are no stranger to MJ.

One misconception I hear all the time is "he smoked himself stupid", or they smoke so much that all they do is sit and drool. What people don't typically understand is how it actually effects your brain and your thoughts. MJ doesn't make it harder to think, it does just the opposite, it makes you over focus on a particular topic or action that all other thoughts are typically cancelled out.

Here is a very short video that explains exactly what happens to the brain on MJ:

I dont see this as fact. I know tons of mj-smokers. Some are active some start ''drooling''. All depends on how and what, and how much you smoke and on the person himself. Like some have a bad drunk on alcohol. But if youre 21 you should be free to make those decissions for yourself. If you want to you should be free to try. Dont make yourself illusions it can be as addictive and it can ruin your life just like alcohol or any other drug can.

But one thing Ive never seen is people fight or act agressive while high from mj.

The point is, they don't drool off into never never land exclusively. It's just not the way the chemical works in the brain, however, some people have a disposition to a behavior that becomes enhanced. Another words, taken simply, a teenager who isn't interested in much other than video games would become "over focused" on video games and to hell with everything else. If you focus on nothing, than you brain will over focus on nothing.

MJ is a DRUG! and as such can have terrible consequences to someone in the real world. That said, responsible people who take it for the right reason can gain and benefit. You shouldn't gamble in the stock market if you don't understand it. You don't jump in a river if you can't swim. You don't do drugs unless you understand what it does. And that goes for over the counter, prescription or exotic. Ignorance can and will get you killed.

Ok but for the outside world that will look like drooling and it basically is. And most people dont exactly know how a drug works, thats among the reasons why they try it. And understanding it is even another topic. Most people use it because it feels good; they want to relax and have a laugh, not so they can focuss on something..

While I agree if you understand it you can probably use it for your benefit somehow. But believe me 99% of users just dont because if you dont really understand it you dont know how to use / control it for your own benefit. And they dont care because it just makes them feel good, not focuss like Einstein.
edit on 508am3113000000p86 by whatsup86 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

No your wrong it's an herb. Drugs my friend take human involvement to process into their state as drugs. In fact if you wanted to look at it a little differently you could say it could be made into a drug but as it is it grows out of the ground as a plant and nothing more. Would you call a willow tree a drug?

I'm not sure why we are playing semantics here but ok. So I guess hemlock isn't a drug than either....after all its a herb too.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
THC does not cause hullucinations I don't think! And it is near impossible to overdose on!

It does cause hallucinations, but it can not be OD'd on. It is near impossible to ingest enough to OD on.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

While I agree if you understand it you can probably use it for your benefit somehow. But believe me 99% of users just dont because if you dont really understand it you dont know how to use / control it for your own benefit. And they dont care because it just makes them feel good, not focuss like Einstein.

Which is why if it were legal and accepted then people can become educated. The net effect of that would be positive.
edit on 16-5-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

a reply to: swordsandpens

problem is it's no different being legal or illegal. People have been and will continue to make it…and some of them are dumb and blow themselves up. I had a buddy who did it to himself and another of his friends and that was a couple years ago. He isn't the only one either. Also if you guys are picturing a meth lab blowing up in comparison that's not how it goes. Usually ( there's always exceptions) it melts paint and plastic leaving the room charred but not actually blown up. Not that creating a room sized fireball inside is a good thing but I also see how people are taking it overboard and acting like meth labs are blowing up the neighbors. I just can't for the life of me understand why people can't just sit back and be honest with themselves and others about this subject. Oh well…one day they will learn they were wrong and until then I'll keep enjoying my right to medication.

No need to preach to me, like i said I am pro legalization and I understand and am capable of the extraction process. I posted this simply so people can become aware.

It seems like you are the one not being honest with yourself my friend, let me clarify.

No it isn't like a meth lab blowout but honestly you can't sit here and say there is nothing bad coming out of this. I'm not saying it's the Marijuana directly because obviously it isn't, it's ignorant people (like i said in my post) not knowing the consequences or proper safety precautions and hurting themselves over it.

I get that you are a firm believer in the medicine, as am I, but you have to be able to realize and admit when something dangerous is happening.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Stop talking when you don't know the subject. It 100% is a drug. Both in the regular sense and in the pharmacological sense.

drug1 [druhg] Show IPA
noun
Pharmacology . a chemical substance used in the treatment, cure, prevention, or diagnosis of disease or used to otherwise enhance physical or mental well-being.
c. any article, other than food, intended to affect the structure or any function of the body of humans or other animals.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

TODAY...we have people taking "recreational" drugs, i.e. "just to get high"... how can you even compare that? Please don't argue with that drugs are harmless because "man is taking them for 1000s of years", because that's just silly.

And you are wrong. MJ is and has been used as a medicine for over 4000 years. MJ was well known back in the time of Jesus.

And that does absolutely nothing to prove MJ is completely safe with no negative side effects. People have used lots of harmful chemicals for lots of different reasons.

The facts are quite clear, MJ can and does lead to negative side effects.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

drug1 [druhg] Show IPA
noun
Pharmacology . a chemical substance used in the treatment, cure, prevention, or diagnosis of disease or used to otherwise enhance physical or mental well-being.
c. any article, other than food, intended to affect the structure or any function of the body of humans or other animals.

I have to disagree with you here. MJ is a flower. It's not a chemical substance. It's a plant and it IS food. When grown outdoors, any number of animals will eat MJ flowers. Not to mention the nutritional abundance in the seeds..........

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: semperfortis
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Why do you consider my link propaganda and not yours?

Because it supports your side?

Not so much of a propaganda but more like a distraction and exaggeration.

You know what they say about too much of anything.

The MJ is only illegal because government could not control it properly and it is easily obtained. Alcohol and Cigerttes in my opinion 10x worse, to top it off, cigarettes has no benefits, unlike some alcohol(wine) which offer some benefits.. yet these are legal.

Have you ever seen a violent man high on MJ? lol all i seen are mellowed out fellas.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Which is why if it were legal and accepted then people can become educated. The net effect of that would be positive.

Ow but that is just being naive. While i am all for legalization because I think people will smoke pot anyway, I live in the Netherlands and we have been selling weed legally for decades. We have had education about drugs in primary and high school but it didnt help that much. Meaning you do get a basic understanding, but even then weed just makes you feel good and thats why most people who do stick to it. And naturally schools are not going to spend hours teaching you basically how to behave yourself. This is something parents should do. But you cant seriously expect that from parents. Most of them dont even know how it works themselves, let alone explaining it in a way that makes kids understand it.

But if it comforts you in any way: Weed is still something that isnt as normal to use as alcohol for example. Normally you dont go to anyone from your work and say: hey lets go grab a joint after work. And legalizing something makes it a lot less interesting for youth to grab too. And thats probably why even when it is legal here we actually smoke less than what is avarage in lots of other countries.

And the Netherlands is a rich country with very hard workers and smart people, so anyone who says legalization is turning a country into a zombie nation doesnt know what hes talking about.

People who want to use will use anyway, if its legal or not. At least now this user doesnt have to go to some dealer who will eventually offer other types of drugs as well, saying it isnt as addictive just to make a buck.
edit on 509am3132000000p86 by whatsup86 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join