It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Poll: How concerned are you about "Global Warming"?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Just because it's about money or some people make it about such doesn't mean it also isn't real and we shouldn't take measures. Logical fallacy. Go visit Alaska and get back to us.

Oh, and whatever demented political troll mentioned Obama in regard to this topic as if he or his administration or any other U.S. administration concocted or are covering or profiting from this would be banned from here for life if I were the overlord.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: amazing
It's still Global Warming to me. Earth + Warming = Global Warming.

Very concerned about it.

On a side note. I do love these polls, boss! Keep them coming!

The warming has flatlined, that's why the change to 'Climate Change' much more all encompassing, like 'extreme weather' patterns. Just about every extreme event can now be labelled 'Climate Change'...it doesn't matter if we've had extreme events before, which we have in bucket loads.

I politely disagree that the warming has flat lined based on recent data I've seen including some from NASA. Thus it's still Global Warming. Of course that's just my opinion but I'm seeing it still warming. I don't play the change the name game. LOL

Then do you mean AGW, and not Global Warming?

Man Made Global Warming of course.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rainbowresidue
I really like these polls.

"I worry about it all the time."
That one made me laugh, I imagined some mad scientist going over daily reports, tearing his hair out.....

I didn't pick that one.

I wish we could somehow see which countries chose which answer though.

I chose that one. Not because I go crazy thinking about it every minute, but I do think about it a lot and it does worry me. Not so much for myself, but my children and my grandchildren. What kind of a world are my grandbabies going to be living in? Is it natures cycle of renewal? Is it our fault? Can we stop it? If I can do something now, to make sure my little ones do not suffer, why wouldn't I? I believe we all have a tendency to ignore warning signs, until disaster strikes. Hindsight is 20/20 they say. Maybe we are powerless to stop it, or maybe we need to learn to adapt. Is that not what our ancestors did in times of severe climate changes? I would rather ponder it, and prepare for it, if I can...than pay no attention and hope for the best.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I'm more concerned about the bad chemistry that is entering the streams. I have researched the parameters of the sewage plants regulations, and they don't test for a lot of the chemistry we are dumping in our sewers. We need to not let some of this chemistry be used. A chemical can be safe, but mixing them can have dire effects. It has come to my attention with my research that they are not concerned about much of it. It would be impossible to neutralize them all, but they can ban some of the commonly used worst ones. Trouble is that they are gras or pharma, testing has certain parameters which does not include side effects that can hurt the animals and watershed. We drink this water as it filters through the earth. Even the drinking water treatment plants do not test for some of this chemistry.

Not only are we contaminating the atmosphere, we are creating a problem with the life that rids us of this problem. Exploiting our resources to extremes.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
You should add the option in the poll: "it's a money making scheme literally made out of thin-air"

I'd vote for that one.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Just because it's about money or some people make it about such doesn't mean it also isn't real and we shouldn't take measures. Logical fallacy. Go visit Alaska and get back to us.

Oh, and whatever demented political troll mentioned Obama in regard to this topic as if he or his administration or any other U.S. administration concocted or are covering or profiting from this would be banned from here for life if I were the overlord.

That's called Authoritarianism!

No wonder I despise Progressives more so than the Republicans...

Glad you showed your true colors!

BTW, Obama is riding the Climate Disaster train, prove me wrong!

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Do you mean my true colors are that I think people who blame current administrations for all the evil in the world are lame? Okay.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Do you mean my true colors are that I think people who blame current administrations for all the evil in the world are lame? Okay.

That's not what I said, but I do believe in the freedom of speech! So it's cool! You can say what you want and I won't BAN you for it!

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I do believe in the freedom of speech! So it's cool! You can say what you want and I won't BAN you for it!

I'm glad ya feel that way because I wish too push my agenda & confess too manipulating poll results by voting multiple times...

Plz forgive me I will refrain from further attempts of such actions....The globe wasnt the only thing that was warming apparently...

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

The warming has flatlined, that's why the change to 'Climate Change' much more all encompassing, like 'extreme weather' patterns. Just about every extreme event can now be labelled 'Climate Change'...it doesn't matter if we've had extreme events before, which we have in bucket loads.

Flatlined? Sure, keep believing that.

That's what big business wants you to believe.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoaxter

I'm glad ya feel that way because I wish too push my agenda & confess too manipulating poll results by voting multiple times...

Plz forgive me I will refrain from further attempts of such actions....The globe wasnt the only thing that was warming apparently...

Curiously: I'm wondering if the global warming numbers are inflated much in the same way. Repetitive mouse clicking until the agenda appears to rank in purpose. The act of cooking the books must be contagious.

edit on 2014 5 8 by Bloomoon because:

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Kinda hard to look at this poll objectively when I was driving in snow yesterday and part of the day before in the west...

Climate CHANGE is real.... Stay tuned!

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

An ice ages is over due, and where shortening the fuse...

An ice age in this day and age would be catastrophic to the world population, many millions will starve the world will be re shaped as we know it

That for me is a not concerning given how very little is being done.. In fact it is speeding up

People have a right to be slightly worried IMO

But, but this is about a poll on 'Global warming' the exact opposite of a new ice age, and there is not much knowledge of how an ice age occurs, other than it does, or even the 'Little ice age' Asteroids and Comets perhaps, but they don't really explain the 'Little ice age'
That should raise a whole gamut of questions, does the Sun drive the weather, most likely it does up to a point. The Sun, our Sun, is a force and lives in space like the rest of us. Space is a force, and very cold but colder in some places than others and all the while the solar system is drifting in space, so our Sun's force in a best guess is variable in it's force according to where it is in space AKA in it's orbit around the Milky Way.
From your view I suppose in some ways it is arguable that the also debated AGW heating of the planet is fortuitous as a combat against another ice age, big or little.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I answered somewhat concerned.

The reality of it as I see it is that we really don't have much control over what happens on a planetary level.
We can try to not add to the problem (which we should do, and are, although a lot will argue not enough), but it is something we cannot stop, so we need to start thinking more along the lines of preparation than prevention, because it is already happening.

There is ice on the lakes still here in MN,only happens every 10 or so years like this from what I have seen in the past.

I am concerned, but also I have to live my life and to allow something like this to really get me worried is counter productive.
Just won't live next to any rivers or lakes, or on the waters edge...lol

There is nothing people can do to prevent it, so better start thinking on where you live and what is close by. Other than that, it is what it is, and as long as people start to think about where they should be living, hopefully we will adjust.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I think people misunderstand "global warming".

The bands of air around the planet intensify when warmer. That means warmer southern, colder northern, and more instability over all. We start to look more like Mercury or Venus. Heavy cloud cover and higher winds. The bands of air begin to move faster, the jet streams begins to cause higher winds, and weather gets more extreme both ways. It doesn't quite mean actually everything getting warmer. Things polarize, and the cold gets colder, the warm gets warmer, and the pendulum of temperatures swings higher in both directions.

At least that is how I understand it to be.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

LOL Details needed. Where was it at that you were driving through snow? Snow in the West isn't all that unusual. In some areas it finally melts off in the middle of June.

It was 23 years ago that I witnessed a Shaman summon a blizzard... in the middle of the day... out west... in the middle of July. No joke. He had my respect, but I don't go around pushing a tax to control his faith or abilities. Snow in July was kinda cool. We adapted, moved on, and appreciated the experience. I might qualify for a grant because of it, but I'm not that kind of guy.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Not worried in this sense:

1. Worry is dysfunctional. Doesn't accomplish much good at all.

2. The Bible does say the sun will become 7 times hotter during the Great Tribulation, IIRC . . . unless that passage is about the earth at the time of the true end of this earth before the new heavens and new earth. That time is in the distant and unspecified future . . . though some postulate it as at the end of the thousand years of peace right after the Tribulation.

3. I'm not concerned about MAN MADE warming factors. I believe that the warming that MAY be occurring is not, per se, that much man made but is the result of much greater--solar system and other vast cycles well beyond man's capacity to change them much at all pro or con.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

All of your possible choices assume the person to actually believe in the hoax of "global warming."

A possible choice needs to allow for those of us who know that the entire fiasco is noting but a hoax, and a politically politically motivated concoction to control earth's populous.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
We should call it "Climate Change".

Global warming can only occur until the next Ice Age begins.

And we can't be sure when the next Ice Age will start, but on
a global time scale it will be very soon.
edit on 8-5-2014 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I'm a little on the fence about global warming. Some people claim it's happening, while others say it's a pile of bologna.

But I will say that we are definitely exploiting/polluting the hell out of our planet. Using too much clean water, over fishing the oceans, over farming the land, dumping this and that, and the whole nine yards. But I'm not one of those people who thinks it will completely destroy the planet. Sure, we have the capability to make life for ourselves and other organisms harder than what it has to be, that's for sure, but the Earth has been here for WELL over a billion years. And it has seen its fair share of destruction far before humans came to be. It it obviously seems to still be going strong, and it looks like that will continue far into the distant future. The Earth will renew itself EVENTUALLY. It's a slow process depending on the circumstances, but it will pull through.

So I answered somewhat concerned, due to the fact that pollution is indeed a problem. Which would seem to be the cause of "global warming" or so they say. People need to take our planet, or our home if you will, into consideration. Who would want to live on a planet where water and food would be somewhat hard to obtain? And who wants to turn it all into a smoking, stinky, toxic pile of garbage for quite a while into the future? Not a very bright idea to promote and stick to if you ask me. We tried it out, it hasn't been going to well, and we need to start thinking about more sustainable and less harmful solutions. It would make the world a whole lot better of a place. I guarantee it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join