It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Poll: How concerned are you about "Global Warming"?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The recent news story about John Coleman's (co-founder of the Weather Channel) harsh words toward the federal government's climate change report, or what he calls a "600 page litany of doom", is but yet another controversial thread on global warming. Lately, we seem to be seeing quite a few threads from our members like this just about every week. So it seems appropriate to get the opinion of the "Most Informed 1%" -- the members and visitors of AboveTopSecret.com

Weather Channel Co-Founder slams Feds climate report

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Someone's loving their poll system lol.

Good poll, interested to see the result!

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
im liking these polls more and more.
Can we please have a breakdown of Country's results?

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Climate change is a concern of 1, especially when considering the future for the youth of EA*RTH...

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I really like these polls.

"I worry about it all the time."
That one made me laugh, I imagined some mad scientist going over daily reports, tearing his hair out.....

I didn't pick that one.

I wish we could somehow see which countries chose which answer though.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It's 'Climate Change' not global warming anymore. Grrrr....that's why everybody,(almost) are not worried at all

edit on 8-5-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Woo hoo, poll time, in on page 1!

Just gotta allow the polldaddy script so I can actually see the thing.

There are too many money interests pushing the global warming, excuse me, climate change agenda for me to take it seriously.

One of the clues should be the fact that they just make it up as they go along:

The climate change flip flop. No more winters, no more summers... whatever!.

edit on 8-5-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
It's still Global Warming to me. Earth + Warming = Global Warming.

Very concerned about it.

On a side note. I do love these polls, boss! Keep them coming!

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

It's 'Atmospheric Earth Feelings' not climate change anymore. Grrrr.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
It's a problem, how big of a problem we don't know.

Somewhat concerned.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I am not worried at all ... "The Obama Administration’s just-released National Climate Assessment report leaves the impression that if we don’t quickly launch into action to reduce our emissions of greenhouse gases (primarily by shifting away from using fossil fuels), we will be inundated by an endless flow of misfortune unleashed by the ensuing climate change. The flood has already begun. Nothing could be further from the truth." www.washingtontimes.com... ETA ..at the bottom of the article there is a poll . I did not take it because it's ambiguous in that it wants you to answer something you are set up to answer ...

Also ... John Holdren Says Extreme Winter Is Proof Of Global Warming

Its getting colder because it's warmer .mmm when it gets warmer will it be because it's colder ? %@$# I am confused .. 9-k5J4RxQdE

"The Competitive Enterprise Institute has sued the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy to produce the work-related emails of its director, John Holdren, that were sent from a private email account and thus hidden from the Freedom of Information Act and archiving laws.
The lawsuit alleges that Holdren used an email account from his former employer Woods Hole Research Center, an environmental advocacy group." wattsupwiththat.com...

Is this the same John Hodren who predicted another looming ice age in 1971? Yep.

John Holdren in 1971: “New ice age” likely
“This number seems small until it is realized that a decrease of only 4°C would probably be sufficient to start another ice age. Moreover, other effects besides simple screening by air pollution threaten to move us in the same direction. In particular, a mere one percent increase in low cloud cover would decrease the surface temperature by .8°C. We may be in the process of providing just such a cloud increase, and more, by adding man-made condensation nuclei to the atmosphere in the form of jet exhausts and other suitable pollutants. A final push in the cooling direction comes from man-made changes in the direct reflectivity of the earth’s surface (albedo) through urbanization, deforestation, and the enlargement of deserts.

The effects of a new ice age on agriculture and the supportability of large human populations scarcely need elaboration here. Even more dramatic results are possible, however; for instance, a sudden outward slumping in the Antarctic ice cap, induced by added weight, could generate a tidal wave of proportions unprecedented in recorded history.”
www.zombietime.com...

Holdren Is Wrong – Cold Winters Are Not Getting More Common Posted on April 18, 2014 by Paul Homewood
wattsupwiththat.com...

edit on 8-5-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
very concerned, think that the whole White house angle is just a way to put the recovery onto local and regional authorities and to take the financial burdens off of the Government so as to free up money for other less important priorities such as their vacations and fat cat pockets.

I would like to see financial aid for building a shelter for the ongoing and dangerous weather. This can be set as up pre planning safety measures for individuals and communities.

+2 more 
posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

There are too many money interests pushing the global warming, excuse me, climate change agenda for me to take it seriously. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Bing! Bing! Bing!

It amounts to: "Boo! Gimme money!"

The Earth has had drastic climate change well before man came into the picture...and there simply isn't enough data (accurate measurements using the same conventions, over centuries) to extrapolate from to arrive to a valid conclusion.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I used to be really worried but after so much cold weather in blighty over the last few years, I would actually love some global warming.

On a serious note, I believe it's an excuse for the IMF to introduce Carbon Taxes on every citizen on this planet. A money making scheme.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Climate change..what a can of worms ! Political agenda to push more taxes or is there a warming trend?

Dun dun dun dun....

I believe that there is a warming trend since industrialization and so I am somewhat concerned.

Good polls !! Keep 'em comin' !!

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Global warming? This is the first I've heard of this. What do you need me to do? Should I build a shelter deep underground and stock up on canned goods or should we just throw tax money at it and hope it goes away?

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I pretended you said "Climate Change" instead of "Global Warming."

The polls are interesting and fun. I think the answers will match the political affiliations, frankly... It is looking that way to me...

peace,
AB

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
"Climate" concerns are just a distraction from the real problem of pollution.

Man made pollution is now, not nature fizzle in 50 years.

Is there a category for that?

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Not worried about anything the warmunist have to $ay.
Its all about the money.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
It's 'Climate Change' not global warming anymore. Grrrr....that's why everybody,(almost) are not worried at all

No, no, no, they caught on to Climate Change and started pointing out that those were seasons, so now it's Climate Disruption. Didn't you get the memo?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join