It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Poll: How concerned are you about "Global Warming"?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I used to be really worried but after so much cold weather in blighty over the last few years, I would actually love some global warming.

On a serious note, I believe it's an excuse for the IMF to introduce Carbon Taxes on every citizen on this planet. A money making scheme.

Bingo! It's the new "sin" tax you can't avoid. How dare you keep breathing out all that carbon pollution!

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I wish the poll had asked our thoughts on the cause(s) of global warming and climate change.

Do I worry about it? Not really. By the time the planet is drastically affected, I'll be dead and I don't have kids... So, I'm not too worried about it.

Love the polls!

edit on 5/8/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Judging from this thread, the worst thing the governments could do in this case was to tax people.

Kind of ironic if these climate changes are caused by humans and will lead to something bad, that the biggest worry that non believers had was....money

edit on 8-5-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I'd like to have seen two more options on the poll.

Do you believe in man made climate change.
O Yes
O No

As it stands the poll kinda infers that climate change is a given, but it isn't!

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
It's still Global Warming to me. Earth + Warming = Global Warming.

Very concerned about it.

On a side note. I do love these polls, boss! Keep them coming!

The warming has flatlined, that's why the change to 'Climate Change' much more all encompassing, like 'extreme weather' patterns. Just about every extreme event can now be labelled 'Climate Change'...it doesn't matter if we've had extreme events before, which we have in bucket loads.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I am slightly concerned although I don't blame modern man because its happened in the past and I think governments only want to find yet another way to tax the public and green taxes are as good a way as any.

However I do realise the problems it is causing from last winter, with what simply put, seems heat on one part of the planet and cold and flooding on the other. If this continues and establishes itself as a regular occurrence then I will start to worry because the map I saw on another thread, shows the flat we are buying is scheduled to go deep into the drink and that, would not do, oh no, no, no.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: smurfy
It's 'Climate Change' not global warming anymore. Grrrr....that's why everybody,(almost) are not worried at all

No, no, no, they caught on to Climate Change and started pointing out that those were seasons, so now it's Climate Disruption. Didn't you get the memo?

Mrs Brown knows all about the weather. Here she talks to Mormon visitors about 'Natural disaster' Anybody stateside may not have seen Mrs Brown... or maybe they have.

edit on 8-5-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
LOL!

This poll is just so... us-american.

Because I knew the result of this poll before, and yes, it saddens me that you won't even take into account that it might make sense to be prepared.

Better prepared than sorry, right?

So, yes, I am not as sure as the majority on this board that those extreme weathers we encountered in the past years are just "glitches" in mother natures stomach. My vote goes to "watch out! There might be something going on!".

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Very concerned about it.

The warming has flatlined, that's why the change to 'Climate Change' much more all encompassing, like 'extreme weather' patterns. Just about every extreme event can now be labelled 'Climate Change'...it doesn't matter if we've had extreme events before, which we have in bucket loads.

I politely disagree that the warming has flat lined based on recent data I've seen including some from NASA. Thus it's still Global Warming. Of course that's just my opinion but I'm seeing it still warming. I don't play the change the name game. LOL

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I will say there appears to be a man-made warming effect due to carbon from us being pumped into the atmosphere. I still think there are bigger man made problems on this planet.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I clicked, "I have no opinion". Because that's the scientific method. Gather evidences, but stay unbiased.

Climate is changing all right, but we simply don't have enough predictive power to know if it's natural, what way it's going in the far future, if mankind really has something to do with it, etc. We need to stay objective, and make sure that politics doesn't affect the scientific method.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Very concerned about it.

I politely disagree that the warming has flat lined based on recent data I've seen including some from NASA. Thus it's still Global Warming. Of course that's just my opinion but I'm seeing it still warming. I don't play the change the name game. LOL

Then do you mean AGW, and not Global Warming?

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy We should all just agree that it's going to be called weather from here on out .Weather it's warm cold, wet or dry ..

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
I will say there appears to be a man-made warming effect due to carbon from us being pumped into the atmosphere. I still think there are bigger man made problems on this planet.

Warming from us being pumped into the atmosphere! Does that mean they have already opened the Soylent Green factories?

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: smurfy We should all just agree that it's going to be called weather from here on out .Weather it's warm cold, wet or dry ..

Agreed, we should never lose our sense of Humus.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Fukashima, Ukraine, Political extremism, Religious extremism, just to name a few little issues that concern me more than the possibility of global warming or what ever it is.
That East Anglia university issue ended most of my concerns re climate change.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The Earth warms............the Earth cools. All the time...since the beginning.

Called Fluctuation. Your body does it, the Earth does it. It's a living organism...and has its own cycles. Everybody just really needs to calm down.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Seems a lot of people are now branching off into not just a believer of global warming yes/no vote etc but many levels of worriedness

Interesting poll

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Nice poll.

Climate change could probably be taken more seriously if it weren't sponsored by untrustworthy politicians and their special interest groups. Name change? Really? This isn't a public relations in need of a makeover type issue. The fact that politicians have made it a priority on their agenda list probably has done more to harm the cause than help it.

edit on 2014 5 8 by Bloomoon because: omitted icons

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jansy
The Earth warms............the Earth cools. All the time...since the beginning.

Called Fluctuation. Your body does it, the Earth does it. It's a living organism...and has its own cycles. Everybody just really needs to calm down.

I think that's where the how worried questions are you come in...

An ice ages is over due, and where shortening the fuse...

An ice age in this day and age would be catastrophic to the world population, many millions will starve the world will be re shaped as we know it

That for me is a not concerning given how very little is being done.. In fact it is speeding up

People have a right to be slightly worried IMO

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join