It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another fun video

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: thebozeian

Oh please, LAX has never been anything but a disaster, no matter which side we're talking about. We had several hundred pounds of goods that weren't supposed to fly that we confiscated every year. And nine out of ten times we heard, "but we flew out of LA with it, why are you taking it".
edit on 1/24/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Yep, aint that the truth!

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Not an aviation video, but definitely deserves an honorable mention.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Sorry if its already been posted on here but I really liked this one

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
You can feel the weight of his past on his shoulders..

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Not a video, but WITHOUT resorting to Google, who can tell me what's wrong with this F-16 nose gear.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Uh-hmm.... I'm no expert on the F-16 and I'll take a stab then Google an image but shouldn't that scissor link be on the back not the front?

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

edit on 1/29/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Oh God! it is. I also failed to realise that as a result the wheel is now on the wrong side too! What kind of moron didn't use the AMM or think to look at another one or take note of positions as they removed it (assuming they did both the R&I?)?

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: thebozeian

It's museum personnel thank god. It's supposed to be sitting with wings and stabs still removed as it's being reassembled for their display. But you'd think, being the F-16 Depot and having had them there so long, SOMEONE at the museum would realize something wasn't right.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Language warning.

edit on 31/1/18 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Looks like the F-35 still howls.... occasionally.

go to 6:02

When I «break» the AOA, it is evident that the F-35 has a powerful engine. The F-35 also makes a particular sound at this point. When I quickly reduce the AOA — stick full forward — I can hear clearly, even inside the «cockpit» how the F-35 howls! It seems like the «howling» is a mix of airflow over the wings and a different kind of noise from the engine.

www.businessinsider.com...

Raptor does it too @2:57

Of course, the F-104 did it the most.
edit on 31/1/18 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The Su-27 intercept of the EP-3 over the Black Sea:

Totally safe, guys. Really.

Holy Frak.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Of course it was. It was our planes fault for being there in the first place.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
That's what happens when you ignore the polite requests to shove off! We used to do the same thing. If you still ignored the gentle nudge to a new heading, then they'd come up from below the nose and light the cans to force a deviation and give folks a rough ride. Heard stories of cracked windscreens. Dangerous, not exactly common, but it was a game everyone played. They still consider the Black Sea their pond. You can imagine how excited we would be to have Bears or Mays (do they still fly them?) hanging out outside San Diego, Norfolk, or Holy Loch. They have a right to be there, but you try to discourage it. Might have had a sub nearby or were doing something they didn't want the Orion to hoover up or just a press your luck contest.
Still alot more international show and tell involving centerfolds happened than that sort of stuff.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   

just found this guy,
edit on 5-2-2018 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Ok not a fun video still aviation related. Not sure when this happened but quite recent. So some complete utter moron decided to fly their drone just above and airliner approaching Las Vegas McCarran airport. As much as I love aircraft and taking pictures and what not if I had access to a drone I wouldn't dream of doing this. One wrong move one moment of madness could cause a complete catastrophe. This goes for shining laser lights at aircraft as well.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: C0bzz
I'll see your F-35 Howl and raise you the Vulcan howl. Had the pleasures of seeing the Vulcan on its last year of doing air shows in 2016

Also what was with the video with the swearing, something about turning the heat off? Someone put the heater on full power in a cockpit ?

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

It was a T-38. They are notorious for the rear cockpit overheating bad if the heat is turned on pretty much at all.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

air force related, im a sucker for these old films.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join