It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another fun video

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Meh was broken anyway :-P

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

I love the fact that they just missed the only building for miles.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Good channel.

edit on 6/1/18 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: C0bzz
Love full military takeoffs...

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Wonder if it landed on a goat :-P

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
That chinook video .. was it dropped on purpose? The way I was looking at it that the chinook being carried started to swing and it has to be dropped before the carrying chinook lost control itself due to the swinging load.

Are swinging loads dangerous ?

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
And while it's a hot topic on the forum at the minute I stumbled across this video. Not the longest or the greasiest camera work but damn what a sight that most of been

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Swinging loads can cause the carrying bird to go out of control and crash. They're extremely dangerous, which is why you'll see a small drag chute behind the one being carried sometimes to try to stabilize it. In this case it was deliberately cut loose to keep something bad from happening.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

B-2 wing flutter. Are we sure those suckers aren't actually orinthopters?!

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Compliments from Down Under
youtu.be...

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Yes I almost ended up with my name in lights because of one of those happenings a couple of years back. Plane flew for SYD to DFW and when it arrived it was found that the #3 eng had 3 of the 4 fan cowl latches unlocked and just dangling down. Fortunately the station manager there is mates with a crew member of mine and a good bloke so 16hrs odd hours after we departed the flight he sent an IM message to let us politely know. Thing is I KNOW they were latched as I did 3 of them, an experienced colleague who is licensed on type did the other and our leading hand inspected them. Funnily enough since then Airbus has introduced a mod that adds a latch door over the top that extends the full length of the cowl.

edit on 22-1-2018 by thebozeian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: thebozeian

That's like the 747 cargo door. After 811 they found that they would latch, but not lock, and sometimes roll back and allow the door to open.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
A bit up the coast from here from a couple years ago..

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   
And the sad irony that it was the father of one of those who died on the flight that proved what caused it and how it could happen.

A couple of years back we helped out UA in SYD with a hangar and sheet metal repairs when they had a fwd cargo door on a 744 damaged during loading in LAX. We shared a few wry comments with them about how of all airlines it was UA. They agreed and half joked that there tech services people were always VERY wary of blessing a flight with cargo door damage ever since 811.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

I cannot find it but there was a photo getting around social media of that flight (May 2016?) where a couple were doing their Wedding photos on the beach at Maroochydore and their photographer got the happy couple perfectly in frame with the 2 Globemasters banking hard infront of them with Point Cartwright in the background. I tried to do the same last year for my own wedding on the Gold Coast, RAAF didnt wanna play that day

A friend of mine who was flying Globemasters but is now on Spartans managed to get a flyby for her wedding by a C-17.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Ironside800
Try the Sunshine Coast Photography pages.They are all pretty social and some fantastic photographers up there..

A couple of years back we helped out UA in SYD with a hangar and sheet metal repairs when they had a fwd cargo door on a 744 damaged during loading in LAX.

Aaaahh United we Fly,United we Fall was the standing industry joke

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: thebozeian

ANZ just had a cargo door damaged, thanks to a ramp worker strike. Flew it back loaded, because no one said anything after it was damaged.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Heads will roll with that one...

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Stupid s***t like that happens all the time, and its getting increasingly worse as airlines and ground service contractors cut more corners, push people harder and employ ever lower quality of cheaper ramp workers, sometimes brought in from third world countries on temporary visas. I doubt some of them ever saw a plane up close until they flew in on one. About a year ago we had a 380 fly in from LAX with a nice big fist sized hole on the trailing edge of the L/H I/B flap. There was clear evidence of blue paint and when the previous work package was reviewed there was a task to purge a fuel pressure switch on the rear spar dead in line with the damage, and guess what? The only place that uses blue scissor lifts in QF is LAX. We presented the evidence and the line station manager for the Americas denied it and his boss said it wasn't them, nice. Clearly they hit a random blue scissor lift at 38,000ft somewhere over the Pacific!

The year before that on a post flight Chk 2 walk around I found a wing fence with quite significant damage, again out of LAX, again denied as being them. Either they hit another aircraft on tow or an oversized vehicle like a catering truck with the body raised was responsible. And guess who wears the bill for repairing the damage every time? The SYD UA guys complained of the same thing, they always end up being the most expensive operation port wise because they fix everyone else's f***ups. Man this industry is going to the dogs...

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join