It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another fun video

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

i hope that really wasnt a burnt guy at the end but it sure looked real. i saw a hemorrhagic fever video and it showed a man dying in an army hospital and all the stuff they did to try to save him and the autopsy as soon as he was dead, so it wouldnt shock me if that poor man was the real deal.

unrelated video

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
2010 Red Bull Air Races.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Has happened a couple times..

edit on 1-12-2017 by Blackfinger because: added link

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

I'm surprised that it hasn't happened more often.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   
F-35 fly-by at death valley

gfycat.com...

source: www.facebook.com...

edit on 3/12/17 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: C0bzz
Oooooohhhhh

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

More pics of the encounter here:

www.facebook.com...

(the link is to the 323 TES squadron)

good article by Tyler:

www.thedrive.com...
edit on 4/12/17 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

Also found this in the comments

i.imgur.com...
edit on 4/12/17 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
So I'm sat here in my empty flat (been in process of moving recently) going through my history on YouTube when I can across this. A Thompson 757 departing from Manchester (UK) airport when a bird decided to get a little too close to the starboard engine and gets sucked in. The video isn't that dramatic but I've watched it so many times as it gives you a good insight of what the radio communications is like. Ever since being on this site and going back to air shows again and using a scanner to listen to the tower and aircraft, it has sparked my interest into the aviation world that I had as a kid. Over the last year or I've been looking up on layouts of airports and listening to vids on YouTube which are recordings from ATC from various airports and I get the idea of what things like 'hold short of runway XX or tax to Delta Lima' etc etc

If I was to watch the video a few years back it would of sounded complete jibberish to me. Now I listen I understand most of what is being said and enjoy watching this video now and again. Anyway I thought I'd share, like I said not much action but interesting to listen too

One question I'd like to ask as regards to the video. Upon approaching to land the ground radio operator mentions, sorry if I get it wrong, Q&H then something about millibars. I know millibars is to do with pressure but is the radio operator letting the pilot know what the air pressure is on ground level? Why is pressure a factor?

PS: i think this video has been posted before on ATS so apologies if it's been spoken about or recently mentioned.
edit on 4-12-2017 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-12-2017 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

The main altimeter used is a pressure altimeter. Above a certain altitude there's a standard pressure setting that is used. Once you get lower you need the correct setting or it will read wrong.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
So the pressure the ATC is giving the pilot in the pressure for the height range that the aircraft is currently in? Would that change with the weather as well?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

They give them the airfield pressure, and the altitude of the aircraft causes changes in the pressure, which translates into altitude readings.

It changes fairly constantly. You can get different pressures over the day, or pretty steady pressures all day.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
It's a required piece of data for ATC to give landing aircraft.

Let's say the field elevation for a runway is 256' above sea level. If the atmospheric pressure is low that day, your altimeter could tell you that you're at 340', when you are actually on the ground at 256'. Prior to taking off, the field gives you the pressure altitude and may say 28.94. You dial that up into your altimeter and should get right around 256'. Now, let's say you go flying out and about for 2 hours, you return to the same airfield but a high pressure system has moved in. ATC tells you that the pressure altitude is now 30.12. You dial that in and begin to use that gauge as your main input for altitude. After you land, you park at the gate and your altimeter should read 256'. If you had not changed your pressure altitude setting, you would NOT read 256'

The video was awesome. I love how saying the M word gets you whatever the heck you want. The pilot declared Mayday and the controller responded with, You can land on any runway you want. The controller does a great job and coordinated with another airport (typically in front of the Mayday aircraft) got them clearance to land and passed the info to the aircraft in distress. At that point, the controller would be telling every other aircraft in the sky to get the heck out of the way until this is sorted out. It's literally the only time you can do whatever you want in aviation.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: cosmania

later in the video it talks about microwave power beamed to drones instead of using fuels.

ETA:

edit on 8-12-2017 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
And then you knew you screwed up..

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

A bit more on our Chinese friend.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Ever since being on this site and going back to air shows again and using a scanner to listen to the tower and aircraft, it has sparked my interest into the aviation world that I had as a kid. Over the last year or I've been looking up on layouts of airports and listening to vids on YouTube which are recordings from ATC from various airports and I get the idea of what things like 'hold short of runway XX or tax to Delta Lima' etc etc 

You should give a listen to Kennedy Steve. He has a rep.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

God I love Kennedy Steve.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   
More.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Found a couple of good videos;: