It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arrested for Speaking Out at School Board Meeting - Video

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

and in the post that you replied to, i said that he very well may have had a perfectly valid reason to have a problem with the book....that was never in dispute...

i simply pointed out that the book itself is not the subject of the thread...the way this guy acted, and the fact that he was arrested, is..

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Cosmocow

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=17903415]Daedalus[/post
Thanks I'll watch the video when I can. So there were WMUR cams and his own huh.

So he was tryin to make it an Common Core (anti Obama issue)? Is this how I've been played? Thanks for your lash clarification about his behavior as the issue. I'm getting it now...

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

lol @ "I have a bad arm". Shoulda thought about that before you asked to be arrested. Or, did he assume because he's white they would let him sit upfront without handcuffs because it's more comfortable? He even slipped a few smirks to the camera.

His friends sound like liberal crybabies just trying to make a fuss for a reaction.

"What's the acceptable distance sir, what's the policy, what's the law?"

It's whatever distance he feels comfortable enough not to tase you over.

Then they just agree with themselves at the end, staged-event, hands-down.

just rofl when people assume they can be nuissances because 'MURRICA

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

i'm not even sure it was anything to do with "common core", which i think is goddamn retarded anyway....

he kept blathering on about a "civics lesson"....he's already stated in interviews about how he thinks the school system is evil, and how they're trying to steal his children, and dismantle the family unit....

he's railing about conspiracies and stuff....when you take it all in, you get a clearer picture of his views and motivations....i believe he has a legitimate bone to pick with the book itself, but there's more to it than just that..

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DerbyGawker

finally, someone gets it..

(post by DerbyGawker removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Rules are only fair if everyone follows them. This gentleman did not want to follow the rules of the meeting. I can't understand what the cop is saying so I won't comment on that. The cop should have told the man he needed to get in his car and leave instead of arresting him, but I wasn't there and I don't know that the cop didn't say that.
If the man had been smart he would have sought other avenues to get his message out and he also should have just withdrawn his daughter from the school. He chose to get arrested- heck, he even challenged the cop to arrest him. He handled the situation badly.

Sal

a reply to: Realtruth

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
A step back from the OP and a look at ATS members.

I find it Ironic that the Mods have to remove posts due to T&C violations and rude behavior, much like the outburst of the father in the OP.

People can exhibit disruptive behavior when they are trying to be understood, almost like a temporary insanity dulling or blinding any logic, reason, and sensibility they have, so rules are in place.

How the rules are enforced and to what extent is up to the social group that is present.

I appreciate the input the answers and responses were enlightening.

Peace,

RT

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Wow! Regardless of any other 'agenda' this man may have had, the fact remains that that book is NOT suitable reading for a 9th grader. I read the excerpts both violent and sexual, posted earlier in this thread and have to say, if that book were given to my 14yr old child I can assure you I would have something to say on that! And I wouldn't be 'shut up' until it was removed from the curriculum.

I do have a question though..why was there a cameraman filming this meeting?

Re the arrest..common sense has long since left the building! Surely the Cop could have dealt with this situation in a more 'human' like way? To arrest a parent for speaking out for longer than 2 mins is just ridiculous! Infact, having a 2 min rule in the first place is ridiculous!

And don't get me started on the rest of the Parents....I cannot believe they didn't object to that mans' treatment by the board and the Police. Did they all disagree with him? Did they think that book was fine for their kids to read/study? Seriously, looks like they all lost their balls..sitting there looking anywhere but at the situation infront of them...they should be ashamed imo!

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: mindq

did you bother reading the whole thread, or are you just commenting on the OP?

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

"Baer has attracted a lot of media attention both before and after Monday night's meeting, which was filmed by WMUR Channel 9, including an interview with Education Action Group Foundation, a group which says it wants to promote sensible education reform and expose those who have an interest in maintaining the status quo.
The group has been critical of teacher unions and Common Core policies adopted by most states.
In the EAG interview, Baer said that he thinks the nation's public education system is indoctrinating children with moral relativism and that politicians and educators running the public school system want to undermine the family unit and undermine traditional morality."

From the link I provided earlier.

So he met with EAG before the school meeting. He definitely has a larger agenda than just his daughter reading this book. Thanks for the links, discussions and insight. Since you repeated that his concerns regarding the book were never in question just how he handled it all, I now definitely agree with a lot of what you have said.

I still think criminal trespassing would be a more fitting charge for refusing to leave...I just don't think being rude should be considered disorderly conduct...

So

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: clearmind

It's called Sheepleitis. A disease that is infecting the people of our country by the millions.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

i dunno....i mean there is a case to be made for criminal trespassing, but i don't know how strong it would be, after all the arguments were made...

to give you a brief breakdown of what that would look like:

the school is technically public property, as it's tax-funded, however, it's administered by the district, which would make it a municipal building/property, subject to access restrictions based on time, and function.

however, he was invited to the school, as were all the parents, for this meeting, so it could be argued that he had every right to be there, as both the parent of a student, AND as a taxpayer. but then again, and this is where the disorderly conduct comes in, when he starts acting inappropriately, his invitation, and thus his permission to be there can be rescinded/revoked, making him technically a trespasser..

it's not JUST that he was rude, he was loud, and obnoxious, and confrontational....this does fall within the somewhat broad definition of "disorderly conduct", add to that his line to the cop "you're gonna have to arrest me then", and that's basically the same as him saying "make me", to the cop when the cop told him he had to go...when you're being disruptive, AND belligerent...well, that sort of thing USUALLY ends up with the offender getting a tuneup, and possibly a taser up the ass...but it seems this cop was nicer, and a fair bit more professional than most, so all he got was very calmly arrested..i'm fairly certain the cop saw that the guy was trying to bait him into using excessive force on camera..good on him for not falling into the trap..

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: FusionInFL
a reply to: clearmind

It's called Sheepleitis. A disease that is infecting the people of our country by the millions.
I think you'd need to be more specific, because if you have not researched the subject, as has been amply laid out within the 12-odd pages of this thread...well "Baaaahhhh" to you, too!

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

did you bother reading the whole thread, or are you just commenting on the OP?

Yes I did read the whole thread. And I commented on the book and his right to object to his 9th Grader reading/studying it along with other comments re my opinion on the situation.

Why do you question that?

edit on 10-5-2014 by mindq because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

i question it because, had you read the whole thread, you'd have the answers to all the questions you posed in your post..

you'd have a full understanding of "what's up"

i suppose i could have spelled it all out for you in my reply, instead of simply asking if you'd bothered to read the whole thread, but i REALLY didn't feel like explaining everything again...

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Gosh, that attitude of yours is one of the reasons many people don't post on ATS...and, although I don't feel the need to explain my posts to you, in this case, I shall ..

I did read and at the beginning of my post I wrote 'Regardless of any other 'agenda' this man may have had'....I think that covers the fact that I was commenting on my feelings re the book and the arrest and the apathy of the other parents.

Yes, the Parent looks like he had another agenda, yes, it probably wasn't the 'right' meeting to bring his grievance up. Still, I defend my right to speak up re MY thoughts on the situation..or do we have a 2 min rule and Post approval by the masses on here?

Seriously, go nit pick on someone else....my comments are my thoughts only, really not worthy of your 'singling ' out'

Peace

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

the only attitude is that of someone who is tired of people either acting, or being oblivious.

the questions you asked, were already answered...if you disagree with the answers, or take exception to the views expressed by others, then you challenge those views and answers...that's how a conversation works.

instead, you said a bunch of stuff other people already said, that had already been addressed, and asked questions others had already asked, and that had been answered....which could reasonably lead one to believe that you had not read all of it..

i'm not nitpicking, i'm pointing things out, that you appear to have missed..

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Jeeze, you are very condescending! And for the record, I asked ONE question..re the camera-man....having read through several pages, well, gee, I must have missed the answer to my question. And fyi, I do know how to have a conversation, but my way is different to yours...I let people say what they wish to say, without shooting them down.

I'll bow out now and leave you to run this thread..it's all yours.

edit on 11-5-2014 by mindq because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join