It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Vile Christians be gone! A different view of Thanksgiving!

page: 2
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
December 25, is not the birthday of Christ. Christmas means Christ's mass. Jesus of Nazereth was not even born during winter. The current date is closely aligned with the winter solstice which the early Roman church chose to corrspond with already existing pagan celebrations. Because of errors in the Gregorian calendar, Jesus was actually born several years BC.


True! Most historians and anthropologists think that Jesus of Nazareth was born in the Spring of 3 B.C. and was crucified in the Fall of 30 A.D. These dates match what the Bible says with what records from the Roman Empire show.




posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThunderCloud
True! Most historians and anthropologists think that Jesus of Nazareth was born in the Spring of 3 B.C. and was crucified in the Fall of 30 A.D. These dates match what the Bible says with what records from the Roman Empire show.


As was stated, this is generally accepted, but Constantine chose the 25th of December to mark the day, now there is differing suggestions as to why he did it then though.



posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Does the Christian bible say anything about your supposed to celebrate his birth? I thought it was his death that was important. Also December wasn't his birth date to start with....and "Xmas" has pagan roots anyway....soooooooooooooo



posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Does the Christian bible say anything about your supposed to celebrate his birth? I thought it was his death that was important. Also December wasn't his birth date to start with....and "Xmas" has pagan roots anyway....soooooooooooooo


well that has been pointed out in the above posts but thanks for the update.

BTW


Christians are not directed to observe and birthday or death, but we sure do as this man came and died for us, including you. We celebrate that victory over death with Easter and the birth of the Savior as foretold in the Bible beforehand.



posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger


well that has been pointed out in the above posts but thanks for the update.


Wow Ed...now you being all snitty. I didn't read the other post. And as for the rest of you're "BTW" to me...that all depends on what you believe is true doesn't it? Just because it's "your" truth, doesn't mean it's everyone's, or that it's even correct for that matter!



posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Why is that everyone has to attack religion in such a vehement way? Everyone has their own beliefs, instead of condeming everyone one who does not agree with" the right way" why doesn't everyone keep an open mind. Perhaps religion is a compilation of all beliefs, it could be what it in your own heart. Or it may be true peace of mind!

[edit on 30-11-2004 by jeeze louise]



posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyVWow Ed...now you being all snitty. I didn't read the other post.


Looking back through I owe you an apology, I had thought you were already a part of the conversation.

Sorry



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join