It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Poll: Tell us your opinion of Vladimir Putin.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord did you know that putin has a show that he takes calls from the people of russia? accountability? imagine i we could do that

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
How about Putin is a banker's puppet just like Obama and all the other Heads of State?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The same thing Americans were thinking when they elected Bush Sr, EX CIA MASTER.

Putin has balls of steel, acts like a leader should.

He seems more down to earth than any politician in America.

I'm sorry I keep laughing from the picture of Obama riding the rainbow pony.....

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
What stupid and childish questions... why don't you do a actual intelligent poll instead of trolling

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Putin is the ultimate opportunist, a shrewd politician and adept student of geopolitics who is loathe to relinquish any power and therefore represents the most dangerous type of dictator.

If you want to begin understanding Putin, one place to look is at his rise to power.

Putin essentially was a no name KGB apparatchik who ascended to the Kremlin by agreeing to endorse bogus criminal accusations against then Prosecutor General, Yuri Skuratov.

Yuri Skuratov had offended President Yeltsin by looking too thoroughly into that leader's enormous embezzlement and laundering of state funds…

From 2000 BBC article:
news.bbc.co.uk...

Yuri Skuratov had accused Boris Yeltsin and his two daughters, Tatyana Dyachenko and Yelena Okulova, of accepting credit cards from a Swiss company, Mabetex, which won lucrative Kremlin refurbishment contracts.

They deny the claim.

Mr Yeltsin dismissed Mr Skuratov on grounds of alleged abuse of power shortly after his office began probing the Mabetex affair.

Within days, a videotape was broadcast on national television showing Mr Skuratov in the company of prostitutes that the Kremlin alleged were sent to him by Russian mafia dons.

Mr Skuratov never denied the authenticity of the tape but branded it an attempt to blackmail him over his private life.

The tape led to a criminal probe into Mr Skuratov's alleged activities and a long dispute between parliament and the Kremlin over whether Boris Yeltsin had the right to dismiss the prosecutor without parliamentary approval.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I normally dont care for Fox news but with everything I know about Gary Kasparov, I like to hear what he has to say. I have seen another great interview of him from 2007 on Bill Mahr show. The guy is an absolute genius, amazing intellect. And appears to be a humanitarian.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I was going to vote but I am still running XP and decided it could cause my PC to implode ..maybe another day .

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Personally, I don't believe it matters what the Russian people think... unless, of course, it goes against what Putin thinks.

Anything anti-Putin will be beaten into submission and tossed into jail by whip-weilding Cossacks.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

...name is Putin, Vladimir Putin.

putin-3
bearsandvodka.com...

LOL Wow Putin like a Bond? Behind the Iron Curtain

as Sean Connery ( Actually Rodger Moore era Putin was Living it ) Danial Graig which happens to look somewhat similar , and same attitude Acting playing a SPY Agent Assassin VLAD Putin was Living it !

Putin's Career Rooted in Russia's KGB
www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Very

bad

selections.

Abstain.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
a reply to: blupblup

I won't be laughing until Rupert Murdoch starts up Fox East in Moscow.

Fox international channels has an office there,
Russia, Moscow
Shukhova street, 14|Building 12| Office 7, Moscow. They broadcast round the Balkans too, the naughty burgers.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
a reply to: Cuervo

But you mentioned humor, and I think that is the most important thing here. We need more humor in our discussions and need to quit being so serious. That's why I liked this poll.....we got to see Putin riding a bear! That's pretty funny.

Although I am often one to make light out of serious situations and also agree more humor is needed on ATS, I think timing is everything. Though I found Putin riding a bear to be hilarious, seeing how Ukrainians are dying between the Russia/West tug-o-war makes it a little difficult to laugh.

In fact all of you should feel ashamed and to take it a step further, everyone knows Putin is a Hero not to just Russians and Russian speakers the world over, but he is a hero to those not aware of needing a hero. He has saved the world countless time over and never asks for so much as a thank you from any of you. What bothers me most is all the doctored photos hell bent on making Putin look foolish are shameful and blatant propaganda.

Since all of you are incapable of showing Putin in a true light, I will do it myself.

Don't # with Russia.

edit on 2-5-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

What kind of Communism biased poll is this? Its all positive about Putin. There are no options to choose a negative opinion? Poll debunked.

How about this?

Putin is a thug.

Putin needs to stop trying to take over the world.

These would be good choices. I would participate in the poll then.
edit on 2-5-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
well i don't hate Putin, in fact i think he's great and i see great similarity with him and many great kings and emperors of the past, a sort of modern Caesar(augustus not julius) or Constantine if you will. i see him as an enemy worthy of respect and an enemy to fear.
edit on 2-5-2014 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I chose 'Dominate All'
Caveat is (if he's allowed to).

Personally I think his own will take him down when the Russian economy tanks!

EDIT: DirtyGangster

edit on Fri, 02 May 2014 18:13:10 -0500136America/ChicagoFriday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Putin wins!

One things for sure, Putin has got the balls to stand up to anything regardless of what anyone thinks.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: flyingfish

Brilliant, starred for the gif.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

Lol second picture, one on the left, he looks like that kid that was in home alone movie

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I think the problem is that lots of things Putin does is good for a lot of people in his country. So he is in that sense a good powerful leader. Think about when George Bush was president of the united states, he did some things that made people in America wealthy, american life was good, some americans liked him, and then a lot of other countries thought he was the devil. Same thing with Putin I think.

Like another poster said, these are the types of things nations, their governments and leaders and corporations have been doing since the beginnings of civilization, but when we are on the other side of it, it doesnt look to good, and we have to call foul play. Putin probably knows this, knows that everything is rigged against him and its a dog eat dog, nation eat nation world, and he is tired having to abide by the 'alliances' rules which benefit them and degrade the other nations, so he wants to be the maverick leader of his country.

A good question and stream of thought would be; If Putin and his followers and policies and protocol were removed from power today, in the following days, and weeks and months and years, how would Russias economy, and peoples general standard of living change? Can any one guarantee that it would be better?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: maximusobitus
a reply to: SkepticOverlord did you know that putin has a show that he takes calls from the people of russia? accountability? imagine i we could do that

The show is a stooge!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join