It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Poll: Tell us your opinion of Vladimir Putin.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

He wants the former USSR -- or at least its territory -- re-established, but that doesn't make him a cool dude.

Can't take this poll seriously because of the choices available. Hope it as just meant for humor's sake.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

1. imho, Putin has to be a major globalist stooge. Has to be. The oligarchy paid for the Russian revolution and the establishment of Communism . . . doubt they've kept their distance since then.

2. Putin MAY have independent goals and intentions. I'm skeptical he will be allowed to realize them.

3. I expect he will dutifully attack the USA on cue and on schedule . . . whenever that is . . . along with China on the West Coast with Russia the East Coast, through Canada; taking back Alaska and probably through the Gulf with Cuba and Venezuela. China taking the West Coast and through Mexico.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
hmmm thats a tuff one,

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

ok,,

the answer is,,

*************ALERT , ALERT, THIS IS THE NSA PLEASE DO N,..5498689*********

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator
Putin is the most powerfull known person in the world that is (or seems) to be against a forth coming corporate NWO. Yet far from angel, he doesn`t seem evil at first hand but I wouldn`t trust his limits and how much power can corrupt.

All BS aside, let's put all allegiances aside...he is part of the NWO as another member mentioned.

I seriously think we are all being played. These people will participate in their theatrics, cause global unrest and suffering, and then both sides will make money. The funny thing is that both sides are supported by the same entity. The arms dealers, the corporations, the politicians, and mostly the banking elite from behind the scenes, will profit from whatever outcome we end up with.

Natural gas to Europe is a huge issue and one of my theories is that this has a lot to do with it... price rigging...they are all in on it. At the end of the day innocents die, the rich get wealthier, and it will be 50 years before we can properly connect the dots. We may have the next operation paperclip on our hands...
edit on 5/2/2014 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Blupblup is right.

We are all sitting here making jokes about a very serious matter, people are being killed.

Dozens of people were killed in a fire and others were shot dead when fighting between pro- and anti-Russian groups broke out on the streets of Odessa on Ukraine's Black Sea coast on Friday, opening a new front in a conflict that has split the country.

www.reuters.com...

I'm rather ashamed for joking about this, and so should some of you if you really care.

This is not a laughing matter, very serious indeed.

More blood on the way...

At who's expense?

These people are robbing us blind while we argue about which side we are on from our keyboards.

ETA:

Why always "Pro Rusian"?

Could it be that they are just against the current illegitimate government which is killing people just for their location and political views while they stand against the unwanted enemy?

originally posted by: blupblup
So I've done both of the polls now... I'm sure they are very, very funny (to someone) but I don't get it really?
There's obviously a joke about Russia/Putin and ATS I'm missing.
Maybe it's just that original thread and people thinking ATS has paid shills?

Then again, people are dying over in Ukraine, being shot, beaten to death, abducted/kidnapped and are losing their homes and livelihoods.

Maybe we should do a poll on how many people will die in the clashes....

Or how long before Russia "officially" sends in troops....

There's so much more hilarity to be had over this situation.

edit on 5/2/2014 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Honestly would have preferred Chuck Norris he would own Putin.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Wat's hard to understand about the guy? He's still butthurt about losing former USSR lands, Obama looks like a candyA$$ he saw his shot and took it. The whole Syrian fiasco told him all he needed to know about Obama, as much as some hate Bush around here it wouldn't have happened on his watch.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gallowglaich
A cunning, ambitious, volatile despot that poses a significant threat to global stability.

Sounds like a perfect description of the current POTUS. Interesting to ponder isn't it?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Corruption Exposed

originally posted by: theMediator
Putin is the most powerfull known person in the world that is (or seems) to be against a forth coming corporate NWO. Yet far from angel, he doesn`t seem evil at first hand but I wouldn`t trust his limits and how much power can corrupt.

All BS aside, let's put all allegiances aside...he is part of the NWO as another member mentioned.

I seriously think we are all being played. These people will participate in their theatrics, cause global unrest and suffering, and then both sides will make money. The funny thing is that both sides are supported by the same entity. The arms dealers, the corporations, the politicians, and mostly the banking elite from behind the scenes, will profit from whatever outcome we end up with.

The worlds a stage....

From the pages of Rebuilding Americas Defenses (RAD) PNAC:

"The Cold War world was a bipolar world; the 21st century world is – for the moment, at least – decidedly unipolar, with America as the world's 'sole superpower.' America's strategic goal used to be containment of the Soviet Union; today the task is to preserve an international security environment conducive to American interests and ideals. The military's job during the Cold War was to deter Soviet expansionism. Today its task is to secure and expand the 'zones of democratic peace;' to deter the rise of a new great-power competitor; defend key regions of Europe, East Asia and the Middle East; and to preserve American preeminence through the coming transformation of war made possible by new technologies" (p. 2).

No doubt concerns have been raised post Syria and Snowdan charade.

"America's global leadership, and its role as the guarantor of the current great-power peace, relies upon the safety of the American homeland; the preservation of a favorable balance of power in Europe, the Middle East and surrounding energy-producing region, and East Asia; and the general stability of the international system of nation-states relative to terrorists, organized crime, and other 'non-state actors.'

(Emphasis mine)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate
Yes very good, I saw this back then and of course, it's exactly what is playing out, people are buying the whole Obama weak, Putin strong, but both are on the same team, Putin did want to expand the Soviet Union and reclaim parts of the old borders.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Non of the above!

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

What kind of Communism biased poll is this?

Communism has exactly jacksnip to do with that poll, or Putin.

Except he's more of a 'capitalist' than we are.

This country has turned in to the 'Peoples Republic of' during the last 6 years.
edit on 2-5-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I have to agree, it is propaganda. But for those of us that can see past it....it can be humorous.

So I will not be swayed in to letting media campaigns or fancy pics inform my opinion. But I can still laugh when I see Putin on a bear.

You can't take that away from me.

ETA: You do realize that this "poll" was not only an integration test, but also a big look in to how the membership reacts. Pretty interesting to see those reactions.
edit on 2-5-2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
a reply to: Wolfenz

Lol second picture, one on the left, he looks like that kid that was in home alone movie

Some did too

more of this

edit on 2-5-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Russias Version of Tony Soprano . A Typical Beak Wetter and Common Criminal .

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

I have to agree, it is propaganda. But for those of us that can see past it....it can be humorous.

So I will not be swayed in to letting media campaigns or fancy pics inform my opinion. But I can still laugh when I see Putin on a bear.

You can't take that away from me.

ETA: You do realize that this "poll" was not only an integration test, but also a big look in to how the membership reacts. Pretty interesting to see those reactions.

I think most members have responded positively or took it for what it was. It only took me all but a few seconds to see it was a tongue-in-cheek poll. Others still have a hard time separating the seriousness of the situation from threads like this of a more lighthearted nature. Of course, if I was living in the Ukraine i might not see the humor, but if I was living in the Ukraine the last thing on my mind would be ATS.

As an aside, I do hope you see my original post was itself tongue-in-cheek

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Putin has built this personal mythos surrounding himself so thick that I truly have to wonder if the average Russian is that stupid. I'm surprised he hasn't come out with a hit song, book and TV show. The man is a modern day Da Vinci, Enstein, Indiana Jones all wrapped up into one person. Is there nothing this man can't do? I was shocked he didn't compete at the Winter Olympics.

What is really disturbing is how meekly the Russian people just went back into their subservient "worker" roles. Democracy Freedoms and Capitalism flamed brightly for a moment, then the old Communist Party machine came in and hijack everything back.

If anyone has illusions that Putin will EVER give up power peacefully, I'd like hear from them. The man is on a mission to be El Presidente of Russia for life.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

How about this as a poll option?

Putin is just controlled by the globalists and Russia's version of the military industrial complex and they need to keep their war factories profitable, keep the masses in fear or at least worried as they are easier to control, keep people divided for the same reason, and of course divert attention away from the real domestic issues.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Glad you know all this senseless killing is funny to you.

All a game right?

Cheers.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
My opinion isn't in your answers.

If I told you my informed opinion, at first you wouldn't like it, then later the implications would be terrifying.

Some things are better left unsaid.... That said, there is no valid choice in this poll.

IMO

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join