It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS has been infiltrated and infested with western establishment-paid shills...?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I will reiterate,

It was not my intention to offend anyone, but to merely see how many people shared the view of the possibility of shills being active on ATS. I was not intending to 'call out' any particular member or group of members (unless they be said shills, which I have no proof of to say so one way or another with 100% definite fact). And I am fully aware of the fact that there are members with said tendencies I listed in the OP, that are NOT shills and that is just their opinion or viewpoint that they are fully entitled to.

It is only when they are paid to do this or operate based on a proxy server as Darth Fazer indicated above, that I have a serious problem with it.

Regards

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddencode

What a load of total malarkey....seriously you believe because you think that someones who disagrees with your opinion that they should be quieted from voicing it ? Think about it for a minute...even if a paid shill was visiting a thread there is someone who believes strongly enough about whatever they are attempting to influence enough so they pay somebody to push it further. Do they not have a right to voice that opinion even though it disagrees with your own ?

So many complain about our rights disappearing and yet they are so quick to remove the same rights from someone else. I would venture to say that there are enough people on every side of each issues discussed that they do not have to pay anyone to force opinions...however it is a smart use on the tools available for media, government and corporations to use the internet to steer opinions in one direction or another just as someone who post about UFO's or other topics is attempting to convince everyone in there agenda.

Just get over it or find another place where you don't have dissenting opinions and good luck finding one !

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4
a reply to: leopardpimps
I have noticed my fair share of Russian shills
Since January.
They all support each other and use the same type of argument over
And over.
We will never educate these ones as they are the real
Deal cyber warriors.
Just sayin

See the thing is that you call us Russian shills, but what is considered "pro-Russian" by western agitators is typically less to do with supporting Russia and more to do with exposing the hypocrisy of Western governments. So by labelling everybody who doesn't agree with you as "Russian" or "pro-Russian", you're really just spreading misinformation.

And really, how long can can people continue to blame Russia for what's going on in Ukraine? After every single time the west mounts a massive invasion of one kind or another of a sovereign country on the other side of the world under pretexts that always fall flat afterwards, why are the same lies from the same liars pushed so fervently as truth yet again? Do people believe in the lies, or do they want to believe that their inherently aggressive governments are finally doing the right thing?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I would be more concerned with the people who pit others against each other. That's how the professionals do it. They infiltrate the group, then they cause internal chaos, and the group breaks down from within. Nobody trusts anybody in the end.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: uncommitted

I agree entirely, but ATS isn't an echo chamber like you'll find on other dedicated websites. Fox news forums or MSNBC etc.

There is a wide range of views and opinions that are always being contested here.

~Tenth

Absolutely - views and opinions being the key words rather than truths and untruths. Unfortunately so many on here seem very quick to adopt a patronising tone to those who don't believe in their beliefs.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   

There's a much, much MUCH simpler explanation.

As ATS grows in popularity, more people of various walks of life will find their way here.

The majority of people, as we already know, aren't well versed in the things we hold as truth. It takes YEARS of research and questioning the status quo in order for most people to get there.

You expect everybody who comes here to already be 'awakened' to what we know?

IMO it's entirely justified to see a bunch of people towing the party line, because that's all they know.

How about instead of complaining about them, that we do what we've always done and try to educate them, through reasoned, healthy and civil debate.

Are there some people who are paid to troll internet boards to push an agenda? There sure are.

Are they interested in the musing of ATS, enough that some actual 'operation' has been formed around it.

I highly doubt that.

~Tenth

Hasn't it come to light that government agents do troll conspiracy forums? And you believe they ignore the biggest one? They deem us as terrorists even though we all know who the terrorists are...

Without a doubt paid shills are here, without a doubt agendas are pushed here. But it's certainly not exclusive to ATS and just because someone loves gov it doesn't make em a paid shill. Some people are just asleep as you said, agreed on that.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   
You guys really do think that the real ATSers are incredibly dumb, we are well aware about sock-puppets, we've read the news articles, then when swarms of posters arrive here pretending that the Ukraine situation is a civil war when we've already seen the evidence that it's been instigated by the US NGO's (as per usual), we know what you're up to. Just because we don't tell you every time how obvious you are doesn't mean that we're falling for your lies; we are not.

We know that Russia has been provoked, they don't want a Western-controlled nation next door, just as the US wouldn't want a Russian-controlled Mexico. As we're seeing most the real people in the Ukraine want to be under Russian control, despite the mainstream propaganda, the reality of the situation doesn't change. Educated people know this, your disguise isn't as good as you think it is.

originally posted by: DJMSN

What a load of total malarkey....seriously you believe because you think that someones who disagrees with your opinion that they should be quieted from voicing it ? Think about it for a minute...even if a paid shill was visiting a thread there is someone who believes strongly enough about whatever they are attempting to influence enough so they pay somebody to push it further. Do they not have a right to voice that opinion even though it disagrees with your own ?

So many complain about our rights disappearing and yet they are so quick to remove the same rights from someone else. I would venture to say that there are enough people on every side of each issues discussed that they do not have to pay anyone to force opinions...however it is a smart use on the tools available for media, government and corporations to use the internet to steer opinions in one direction or another just as someone who post about UFO's or other topics is attempting to convince everyone in there agenda.

Just get over it or find another place where you don't have dissenting opinions and good luck finding one !

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meee32
There's a much, much MUCH simpler explanation.
But it's certainly not exclusive to ATS and just because someone loves gov it doesn't make em a paid shill. Some people are just asleep as you said, agreed on that.

The most controlled I've found is Reddit, there are whole armies of shills there

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
That is what the 9/11 'No Planes' theory was for

originally posted by: WeAre0ne
I would be more concerned with the people who pit others against each other. That's how the professionals do it. They infiltrate the group, then they cause internal chaos, and the group breaks down from within. Nobody trusts anybody in the end.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   

a reply to: Davian

Yeah, like I said, it does happen, does it happen here?

Yes, probably.

Do they stay long?

No, because our community is actually REALLY good at rooting out trolls and trouble makers. 95% of ALL staff actions are the result of member alerts and information gathered from those alerts.

~Tenth

Please keep in mind that in some subject threads its the trolls sending alerts when they encounter resistance. I understand that very few moderators know the subject matter, on certain subject, well enough to tell the difference sometimes. In those threads its the trolls complaining and getting honest posters hit with an assortment of actions.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   
The biggest problems I see from the membership on ATS come from the newly minted accounts. (That is an unfair generalization, I know. But it is the quickest way to make a point sometimes. LAzy, I know)

The people that have only been here for a couple of months or years usually seem to be the ones that disappoint me the most, are the most aggressive about their opinions and more likely to use jargon like "sheeple" or "false flag" way too often.

Paid shills doesn't make any sense because you couldnt pay anyone enough to make an impact as one person, or a group. And why would you? This is a large message-board, not the EU Parliament.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Does being a pro-Government Western Imperialist capitalist shill come with a pay check?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
OMG REALLY!!!!!!
I said this twelve months ago over the way some users had their threads attacked and got given the cold shoulder. It isn't half obvious someone even made a thread about government agents being paid to be shills on web sites and it got trolled or shilled.
Arrogance and ignorance go hand in hand.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
www.zerohedge.com...

originally posted by: Leonidas
The biggest problems I see from the membership on ATS come from the newly minted accounts. (That is an unfair generalization, I know. But it is the quickest way to make a point sometimes. LAzy, I know)

The people that have only been here for a couple of months or years usually seem to be the ones that disappoint me the most, are the most aggressive about their opinions and more likely to use jargon like "sheeple" or "false flag" way too often.

Paid shills doesn't make any sense because you couldnt pay anyone enough to make an impact as one person, or a group. And why would you? This is a large message-board, not the EU Parliament.

So wait, you are saying there are no paid shills? Even though they have admitted to doing just that... Imagine 20 people posting all day, they can and do make an impact... Hasn't the play book for these shills been discovered?

EDIT: Ahhh yes here we go... Link up top... You were saying?
edit on 1-5-2014 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Davian

You could not say it better my friend!

Well said!

This would also explain why my posts have for the second time started to be modified, deleted or named "off-topic" while they all contained evidences and facts from neutral sources! The first time happened back in 2012 in my first account when i started to post evidences which were verifying that the US secret services were entering sneakily and dangerously in Southern America, Southern and Eastern Europe and Northen Africa.

This would also come to verify my sayings about a year ago that

originally posted by: Davian

this is NOT what ATS is about.

when many mr. "i-know-everything" appeared and started posting anything that would come to their but which also had nothing in common with the truth (i.e. religions, history, archaeology, NWO)!

This would also verify how threads without any justification of their claims are allowed, this would explain why info which purpose is to misguide the forum readers have been massively posted the last 2 years.

And

It takes YEARS of research and questioning the status quo in order for most people to get there.

this is also exactly what i am trying to point out! While some people are trying here to get the others out of their ignorance, while some people are trying to help others because they simply love humanity, smart-ass posters appear and deny everything you post.

Does it make sense that more and more people who do not accept NWO, who do not accept conspiracies, who do not accept politicians' corruption have appeared in the forum the last 2 years, a forum that is about NWO, conspiracies and political corruption?

It makes no sense!

Unless we accept the point of view Davian is trying to present, nothing makes sense!

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Apparently I'm a 'shill'.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

All because I have the temerity to have a different opinion than that of the OP.

Maybe there are shills active here on ATS, don't know how effective they are though.

More of a concern to me are those who scream 'its a conspiracy' or 'false flag' at every opportunity.
Not everything is a conspiracy and SOME things are exactly what they appear to be.
Not everything our governments, as odious that they are, are evil and the UK / USA etc are not responsible for all the world's ills.
These type of people deflect away from the genuine conspiracies and generally discredit the whole 'conspiracy movement'.

In addition there are those who fail to understand that anything and everything that gets posted here on ATS will be open to intense scrutiny. If there is merit in what has been posted then it will withstand that scrutiny. Just because people question what someone has posted doesn't mean they are 'shills' or any other label.

And then there are those who simply refuse to accept or acknowledge that people can have perfectly legitimate alternative reasoned viewpoints, perspectives and opinions.

I understand that many people put a lot of time and effort in their posts and believe passionately in what they are posting, just because I question something or have a different opinion doesn't mean that I'm attacking someone on a personal level or that I don't respect their opinion or appreciate their effort and passion.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

www.zerohedge.com...

So wait, you are saying there are no paid shills? Even though they have admitted to doing just that... Imagine 20 people posting all day, they can and do make an impact... Hasn't the play book for these shills been discovered?

What is the maximum that these shills could hope to accomplish? Maximum. With everything going their way. What goal could they accomplish in your opinion?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Davian bud im new came in around halfway through this crisis, im pro-minding my own business which is what the u.s needs to do on this one, hence im not on putin or obama's side, im on the people side and these two clowns and some others are going to drag us into ww3 it scares me a bit, but im ready now as far as your op yes i do believe people get paid (probably paid better than you and me) to sit and troll people's thoughts all day long, lol then of course you got the volunteers who can't make a opinion, and just simply say your #ing stupid you dont know what your talking about blah blah blah we should form our own version of jack booted thugs (another lol i havnt seen anyone wearing jack boots since ww2 ) with the intention to engage these fools and call them out...... if you were to start said group i would join you just let me know im behind you

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

Best case scenario is that they get called a shill.

I'm with you, it doesn't make sense to have shills here, because once ones mind is made up, there's not much of a chance in changing it.

I'd love to get paid being devils advocate here.

Seems too many are happy to question everything*

*As long as it's not their own beliefs.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

www.zerohedge.com...

What is the maximum that these shills could hope to accomplish? Maximum. With everything going their way. What goal could they accomplish in your opinion?

It would be pure speculation as to why they do it and what their goals are... Obviously it is to disrupt certain topics but why? I have no idea. But the fact remians they DO do it, they must get something out of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join