It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS has been infiltrated and infested with western establishment-paid shills...?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk
a reply to: Leonidas

Best case scenario is that they get called a shill.

I'm with you, it doesn't make sense to have shills here, because once ones mind is made up, there's not much of a chance in changing it.

I'd love to get paid being devils advocate here.

Seems too many are happy to question everything*

*As long as it's not their own beliefs.

No what doesn't make sense is how some people seem to ignore what is in their face. So you are telling me gov does troll conspiracy sites yet ignore the biggest one? Because peoples minds are made up? Lol... Okay then...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meee32

originally posted by: Leonidas

www.zerohedge.com...

The biggest problems I see from the membership on ATS come from the newly minted accounts. (That is an unfair generalization, I know. But it is the quickest way to make a point sometimes. LAzy, I know)

The people that have only been here for a couple of months or years usually seem to be the ones that disappoint me the most, are the most aggressive about their opinions and more likely to use jargon like "sheeple" or "false flag" way too often.

Paid shills doesn't make any sense because you couldnt pay anyone enough to make an impact as one person, or a group. And why would you? This is a large message-board, not the EU Parliament.

So wait, you are saying there are no paid shills? Even though they have admitted to doing just that... Imagine 20 people posting all day, they can and do make an impact... Hasn't the play book for these shills been discovered?

EDIT: Ahhh yes here we go... Link up top... You were saying?

What is the maximum that these shills could hope to accomplish? Maximum. With everything going their way. What goal could they accomplish in your opinion?

It would be pure speculation as to why they do it and what their goals are... Obviously it is to disrupt certain topics but why? I have no idea. But the fact remians they DO do it, they must get something out of it.

Can you name a single topic where "paid Shills" have targeted a thread and changed the opinions of anyone?

Pick any topic you like. Gun control, Global Warming, 9/11, Vaccination, Ukraine. Or any other topic you like.

Have you seen any evidence that any thread has been targeted? Let alone having an impact. In case you haven't noticed, people at ATS these days have tendency to enter threads with their minds made up and never waiver.

I am serious. If some people are so certain it is happening, there must be some evidence of it.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Just be yourself, post your opinion and keep it moving. Shills can only disrupt the gullible and there is never a shortage on that bandwagon!

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Davian

never-mind.
edit on 1-5-2014 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

The biggest problems I see from the membership on ATS come from the newly minted accounts. (That is an unfair generalization, I know. But it is the quickest way to make a point sometimes. LAzy, I know)

The people that have only been here for a couple of months or years usually seem to be the ones that disappoint me the most, are the most aggressive about their opinions and more likely to use jargon like "sheeple" or "false flag" way too often.

Paid shills doesn't make any sense because you couldnt pay anyone enough to make an impact as one person, or a group. And why would you? This is a large message-board, not the EU Parliament.

I agree and gave you a star, I'm one of a few left-of-center members that have stayed on ATS. I'm a member (if I am interested in the topic) who will do further research other than the posted links. and upon doing so, and after 7 years as a member, I have found evidence that proves that the original thread starter, is flat out wrong, or, is deliberately trying to mislead others. I very rarely start threads, it just isn't worth it any more. there seems to be very few people here that appreciate America, and are constantly trying to advocate for the overthrow of our government, or at the least, make people suspicious of each others intentions.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

www.zerohedge.com...

So wait, you are saying there are no paid shills? Even though they have admitted to doing just that... Imagine 20 people posting all day, they can and do make an impact... Hasn't the play book for these shills been discovered?

What is the maximum that these shills could hope to accomplish? Maximum. With everything going their way. What goal could they accomplish in your opinion?

It would be pure speculation as to why they do it and what their goals are... Obviously it is to disrupt certain topics but why? I have no idea. But the fact remians they DO do it, they must get something out of it.

Can you name a single topic where "paid Shills" have targeted a thread and changed the opinions of anyone?

Pick any topic you like. Gun control, Global Warming, 9/11, Vaccination, Ukraine. Or any other topic you like.

Have you seen any evidence that any thread has been targeted? Let alone having an impact. In case you haven't noticed, people at ATS these days have tendency to enter threads with their minds made up and never waiver.

I am serious. If some people are so certain it is happening, there must be some evidence of it.

Typical strawman argument, you are asking me to prove something which can not be proved! How would I know ones mindset before and aftet a thread? Lmao... You said it doesn't happen, I provided proof it does indeed happen and then you ask for more proof, something which I can't prove... Carry on thinking whatever you like, paid shills have been known about for a longtime. But of course there is plausible deniability when you can rely on strawmen... eh...

Let me ask you... What didn't you like about my previous link to proof that it happens?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vovin

originally posted by: rigel4
a reply to: leopardpimps
I have noticed my fair share of Russian shills
Since January.
They all support each other and use the same type of argument over
And over.
We will never educate these ones as they are the real
Deal cyber warriors.
Just sayin

See the thing is that you call us Russian shills, but what is considered "pro-Russian" by western agitators is typically less to do with supporting Russia and more to do with exposing the hypocrisy of Western governments. So by labelling everybody who doesn't agree with you as "Russian" or "pro-Russian", you're really just spreading misinformation.

And really, how long can can people continue to blame Russia for what's going on in Ukraine? After every single time the west mounts a massive invasion of one kind or another of a sovereign country on the other side of the world under pretexts that always fall flat afterwards, why are the same lies from the same liars pushed so fervently as truth yet again? Do people believe in the lies, or do they want to believe that their inherently aggressive governments are finally doing the right thing?

i said i could not possibly vouch for them been Russian or any other thing , tbf it comes very anti Russian and i am not i love everyone

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

www.zerohedge.com...

Typical strawman argument, you are asking me to prove something which can not be proved! How would I know ones mindset before and aftet a thread? Lmao... You said it doesn't happen, I provided proof it does indeed happen and then you ask for more proof, something which I can't prove... Carry on thinking whatever you like, paid shills have been known about for a longtime. But of course there is plausible deniability when you can rely on strawmen... eh...

Let me ask you... What didn't you like about my previous link to proof that it happens?

No I am not.

Your position is that there is proof there are paid shills on the site.

I am asking for an example.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Someone send me 5 bucks USD and I'll take any position you want on any forum anywhere.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Vovin

And really, how long can can people continue to blame Russia for what's going on in Ukraine?

So long as the Russians keep trying to fly their flag over Ukrainian territory, obviously. If you want to defend Russian actions, fine. That is political opinion. But denying them? That is either delusional or a deliberate attempt to mislead. Can you understand why the majority of ATS members assume that most of the new members defending the Russian invasion of Ukraine are paid Russian "cyber-warriors?"

edit on 1-5-2014 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

www.zerohedge.com...

No I am not.

Nope please show me where I stated there is proof it happens here? I'm saying there is proof it happens! You stated it doesn't happen at all... I will also say ATS is the largest and most well known conspiracy site, they would not ignore it! No chance...
edit on 1-5-2014 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Meee32

I don't think they troll ANY conspiracy sites.

You're proving my point, refusal to question your own beliefs.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I don't think they troll ANY conspiracy sites.

You're proving my point, refusal to question your own beliefs.

It isn't a belief it is common sense... Here the official stance is questioned daily! It is ridiculous to think they just ignore that... I happen to question everything to be honest but this is old news!

EDIT: Also do you not see your double standards here? If I say they do I am not questioning my "beliefs" if you say they do not are you questioning yours?

I have provided proof it happens... But that isn't good enough for you? Lol... ATS is immune to trolling apparently...
edit on 1-5-2014 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Then why haven't you questioned the source of that PowerPoint presentation?

Any hack could write that up, and it looks like it too, with a number of them still have the red squiggly line under misspelt words or incorrect syntax.

Real pros!

edit on 1-5-2014 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Then why haven't you questioned the source of that PowerPoint presentation?

Any hack could write that up, and it looks like it too, with a number of them still have the red squiggly line under misspelt words or incorrect syntax.

Real pros!

Because this isn't the only source maybe? As I have said, it had been known about for a long time... That is merely the first I came across...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

www.zerohedge.com...

No I am not.

Nope please show me where I stated there is proof it happens here? I'm saying there is proof it happens! You stated it doesn't happen at all... I will also say ATS is the largest and most well known conspiracy site, they would not ignore it! No chance...

Please correct me if I am wrong on this:

1. You believe there is evidence of "paid shills" who's job it is to infiltrate internet forums.

2. You presume that those Shills would most certainly select Conspiracy related sites to target.

3. Because ATS is a large Conspiracy related site, it would be logical to assume they have signed up to sway opinion in their favour.

Have I fairly stated your hypothesis?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

www.zerohedge.com...

No I am not.

1. You believe there is evidence of "paid shills" who's job it is to infiltrate internet forums.

2. You presume that those Shills would most certainly select Conspiracy related sites to target.

3. Because ATS is a large Conspiracy related site, it would be logical to assume they have signed up to sway opinion in their favour.

Yep that's about it in a nutshell but of course there are other things to add weight such as how the government influences media such as news stations, did you know they write a lot of the news lol... If you would like I can get proof of that too?

So why is it so rediculous to think they want to use this media too?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

www.zerohedge.com...

No I am not.

Yep that's about it in a nutshell but of course there are other things to add weight such as how the government influences media such as news stations, did you know they write a lot of the news lol... If you would like I can get proof of that too?

Without any actual proof, what you have is circumstantial evidence supported by Confirmation Bias.

Let me help.

Evidence - not proof - but evidence could take the form of a thread that is expressing a particular point of view on a specific thread. The thread is then subject to a number of posts from a number of people who all joined recently, and are all expressing a contrary view to prevailing opinion. They use the same language and jargon and discount the facts and opinions expressed by the people who's opinion they are trying to sway.

If you could find a thread that followed something similar you would have some evidence.

But we come back to: Why?

The easiest way to discount a point of view expressed on a conspiracy website is to use the statement, "That is a site for Conspiracy Theorists". For the public at large and main stream media, that is all you need to do to kill the credibility of the information. The dreaded term "Conspiracy Theorist" is all you have to say to discredit a person or opinion expressed here in the minds of the general public.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I'm talking about the slides themselves..

I don't know about you, but wouldn't leave the red line under "etc" on a final, properly and professionally made power point presentation.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

www.zerohedge.com...

No I am not.

Without any actual proof, what you have is circumstantial evidence supported by Confirmation Bias.

Let me help.

Evidence - not proof - but evidence could take the form of a thread that is expressing a particular point of view on a specific thread. The thread is then subject to a number of posts from a number of people who all joined recently, and are all expressing a contrary view to prevailing opinion. They use the same language and jargon and discount the facts and opinions expressed by the people who's opinion they are trying to sway.

If you could find a thread that followed something similar you would have some evidence.

But we come back to: Why?

The easiest way to discount a point of view expressed on a conspiracy website is to use the statement, "That is a site for Conspiracy Theorists". For the public at large and main stream media, that is all you need to do to kill the credibility of the information. The dreaded term "Conspiracy Theorist" is all you have to say to discredit a person or opinion expressed here in the minds of the general public.

No that is not proof of anything and is actually against terms and conditions to point such things out. But man that happens all the time... I'm curious as to why you and the other chap want to pin this on new members... Why are older members immune? Lmao... What a joke... Chaps, carry on I won't be wasting anymore of my time with you.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join