It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS has been infiltrated and infested with western establishment-paid shills...?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grifter42

originally posted by: leopardpimps
yeh i was waiting on the usual suspects showing up to dismiss this

If only I could get paid to dismiss it, I would. But folks keep questioning the CIA budget, and well, DynCorp gets it's money from that, and so on and so on down the subsidiary chain, until you reach Shill-Branch A3-19... And then, in a little cubicle sits your humble narrator. Those bastards don't pay me enough to keep me from drinking on the job. And... wait... Uh... Vote Nixon? Wait, what year is it again?

this made me smile grifter !

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The presence of these paid or brainwashed individuals to propagate the internet with false-flag terror and lies is real.
Aside from this, I believe they're responsible for thousands of spam-like videos uploaded to Youtube daily.

Yes, they derail humanity from the real issues. Yes they push their agenda on you and millions of others.

ATS as a community should further scrutinize and report these trash posts.
Especially any of which that lack a reputable source.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2Chainz
The presence of these paid or brainwashed individuals to propagate the internet with false-flag terror and lies is real.
Aside from this, I believe they're responsible for thousands of spam-like videos uploaded to Youtube daily.

Yes, they derail humanity from the real issues. Yes they push their agenda on you and millions of others.

we have these videos to derail our thought , we also have adverts everywhere we go . its like hey guys everything has gone to crap but buy our products and everything is less painful . We are a consumer driven world . i would say 9/10 of us don't care or don't question because we want the new i phone or what ever god dam materialism
sorry went off on one a bit .

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeminiSky
One very common technique ive noticed is they will first agree with you...then try to discredit you all in the same post!

GS

It's interesting that people look at that debate/discussion approach that way.

Personally, seeing what I might agree with before getting to what I disagree with on a person's post or point is just what I developed to avoid fights. I figure if I come on immediately and exclusively to what I do NOT agree with? It's not a debate but a fight. Contrary to popular myth about rabbits, we hate fighting. We're vegetarians, after all!

(returns to quietly munching on grass)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

why not just say you dis agree because.... ?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Davian
Yip i've noticed ATS is infested with shills.
But it is important to understand the concepts and memes that are being sold on ATS so that you can see what is positive and empowers and what disempowers.
Some people are just ignorant though they appear as shills/trolls.
Watch out( even if you cannot tell the difference if they are just ignorant or shills) look for the spreading concepts negativity charged ( powerlessness, divisive hateful etc) combat it with clarity.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2Chainz

I should ask you to remember that my loyalties lie to the highest bidder, and agree, yes, we shills derail humanity from the real issues, such as it's valuable mineral deposits in Afghanistan, delicious long-ham style leg-meat, and the subjugation of the species by a over-species that rules both of our sub-species's... (Is species's grammatically correct in your language? It is in mine.)

And why does humanity always have to be like "Huh-lowa."? Such a non-sense phrase. Ejects urea from my species's waste glands.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
what does that stop thing mean ? i don't remember seeing this when i used to use ATS >?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
You know, I've lurked in the background of ATS without making a username and registering for well over 18 months. I have always valued the way in which individuals here were able to discourse on a variety of topics, from the average to the rather unnerving, and find relevant, well thought out posts for and against any given subject.

In the last three or four months, however, I have noticed a trend toward more posting of outlandish claims with no evidence, thinly disguised attacks on other members, and threads that accumulate many pages containing nothing more than person A making a point repeatedly and persons B-D reminding them that they are not responding to the original questions and only obfuscating and casting new pearls with no new evidence or answer.

Take the MH370 mess, for instance. I have read through four threads here on the subject, posted briefly on two, and much of them are full of rather spirited opinion, and well constructed discourse on what actually may have happened, but sprinkled within and throughout is a very perceptible attack by one side against the other. Not civil discourse, but the intentional, point by point deconstruction of the opposing argument, relying on nothing more than the same rice paper used to construct the points in the first place.

I'm not saying this debate is bad, per se. far from it. We need very healthy debate. I just caution against this recent trend toward a more personal vendetta that seems to have reared its head. The "one member always opposing another no matter the subject" sort of stuff.

I guess this is why I haven't registered until recently. Sometimes my points get lengthy and don't actually say anything. I hope that this one can generate some reflection, if nothing else, among the membership about how we go about preventing the need for these "shill" threads in the future.

Shalom.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: leopardpimps

Why be disagreeable if I sincerely find things I agree with? I really DO look for things to agree with before starting in with what I differ on. It's not a 'tactic', but just how I chat within a community.

Now if I'm in a hostile setting or a formal debate, there is no such courtesy either given or expected. In the ATS community though? I'll be here with these same people for months and years to come. Nothing in day to day stories is worth hard feelings..so why not find the agreement before the disagreement?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

that's not what i meant . if you agree , agree by all means and i am not argumentative . if i dis agree i will say politely and explain why and my proof of my beliefs . i would never pretend to agree if i don't but i do know the correct netiquette for doing so

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I do have this to add, there are companies that are paid, not for the sole purpose of causing confusion on websites or forums, but this whole online reputation phenomena is scary, so they have people who are contracted by company A or B, that comb the internet to either have information that is negative or what they deem untrue removed.
I do not dismiss the possibility of there being these sort of agents, if you will who will join a site and eavesdrop and also put out false information or veraciously defend a point or topic.

It is amazing how fast a post on ATS can come up so quickly in a Google search within minutes.

The problem I see where all of this is going, is that the internet is going to be so sanitized to the point that you will not be able to voice certain views, especially if biometrics get involved with gaining any level of access the anonymity we now have for the most part will become diminished greatly, we can already see that people have been contacted and served legal notice for posting things that violate DRM or DMCA such as images and videos that they do not own the copyright, the next thing is going to be if people make accusations about a company that they cannot prove and they cause damage to either that company or a person, what happens in the real world, is the cure for freedom of speech is a slander lawsuit, and I do see that in the future this is going to probably find it's way to the public internet.

Again like I said in my original post, you will not solve the problem because it's a component that is built into any online site where there is a forum, the more known the site is, the more it will become a target, so I just say that it's difficult to know who you are actually dealing with in these forums, there is a sort of trust by history that can be applied, but beyond that, you really don't know who is operating one of the accounts being used, human nature makes you focus on the Avatar and make a connection through that , but unfortunately that's not such a great idea either, there could several people who use the account also.

Just my extra 2 or 3 cents.

edit on 30-4-2014 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
If I attempt to put myself in the shoes of an evil disinformation agent and try and think like them, or at least as I imagine they might, I don't think I'd spend a lot of time on a site like ATS trying to buck the trend and discredit conspiracy theories. I wouldn't think of it as being a lot of "bang for my buck".

On a site like ATS, I think they'd be much more likely to go with the flow and maybe for example present evidence of a conspiracy theory that might further their ends. For example, they might present or support a theory that vilified a group or person that they wanted to . . . well . . . vilify. I would think that would be much more effective and much easier than going against the flow. Sort of like the KGB did when they distributed copies of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, not among Jewish people, but among Muslims.

A site like ATS could also be used to great effect as a False Flag operation, (And I'm certainly not saying/suggesting/implying it is), but in that case disinformation agents wouldn't discredit conspiracy theories, rather they'd reinforce conspiracy related ideas, attempt the create the most conspiracy theory friendly site they could, and attempt to take over the site; perhaps by ingratiating themselves to the people in charge, if they hadn't started it to begin with. Think operation "Trust" circa the 1920's or WIN in Poland (All assuming that the disinformation agent views the ideas presented here and the people that hold them as a threat).

Anyway, not saying there aren't "shills" here trying to go against the flow, I just think it would make more sense for a disinformation agent/effort to be directed with the flow.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: phinubian
I do have this to add, there are companies that are paid, not for the sole purpose of causing confusion on websites or forums, but this whole online reputation phenomena is scary, so they have people who are contracted by company A or B, that comb the internet to either have information that is negative or what they deem untrue removed.
I do not dismiss the possibility of there being these sort of agents, if you will who will join a site and eavesdrop and also put out false information or veraciously defend a point or topic.

It is amazing how fast a post on ATS can come up so quickly in a Google search within minutes.

The problem I see where all of this is going, is that the internet is going to be so sanitized to the point that you will not be able to voice certain views, especially if biometrics get involved with gaining any level of access the anonymity we now have for the most part will become diminished greatly, we can already see that people have been contacted and served notice for posting things that violate DRM or DMCA such as images and videos that they do not own the copyright, the next thing is going to be if people make accusations about a company that they cannot prove and they cause damage to either that company or a person, what happens in the real world, is the cure for freedom of speech is a slander lawsuit, and I do see that in the future this is going to probably find it's way to the public internet.

Again like I said in my original post, you will not solve the problem because it's a component that is built into any online site where there is a forum, the more known the site is, the more it will become a target, so I just say that it's difficult to know who you are actually dealing with in these forums, there is a sort of trust by history that can be applied, but beyond that, you really don't know who is operating one of the accounts being used, human nature makes you focus on the Avatar and make a connection through that , but unfortunately that's not such a great idea either, there could several people who use the account also.

Just my extra 2 or 3 cents.

Fascinating point as with the images and videos not owning the rights to use them , things are moderated on the internet they updated the right to be forgotten laws a year or so ago for the exact reasons peoples personal image or a company's image was been dammed via the web but there are grey areas with this law in forums and blogs . meaning it is not breaching the laws in place in forums .

i do find it unsettling eventually we will not be able to say anything online without it been policed somewhat.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Ok, not privy to that but thanks for the update, I will have to go and refresh myself on that law, but I agree 100%.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: phinubian

i am 100 % had to do a uni assignment about it a while ago i probably still have it on the PC if you are interested

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I have noticed my fair share of Russian shills
Since January.
They all support each other and use the same type of argument over
And over.
We will never educate these ones as they are the real
Deal cyber warriors.
Just sayin

edit on Wed, 30 Apr 2014 17:41:50 -0500415America/ChicagoWednesday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

yeh i agree it is impossible to argue with them, even with valid proof to back up the argument . not noticed any specific shills if you will so i can't vouch for them been Russian British or whatever .

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
What I've noticed over the past couple of years is that ATS has become "infested" with members who play the "shill' card on nearly every thread they frequent. If somebody doesn't agree with their views they're labelled a shill, if a person follows a more prosaic, less conspiracy angled view of an event or theory, they're labelled a shill etc. It reminds me of being in primary school, when a kid looked or acted different the other kids would pick on him/her, but nobody was safe, it was a mob mentality. I see that mentality here especially amongst some of the newer members. I see it on Facebook also, where any and every person who challenges a theory, say on a chemtrail page for example, is labelled a shill and blocked.

The term shill has become an everyday word for people who are heavily conspiracy-obsessed. For these people shills are an essential part of their cyber environment, the concept that sites like ATS and Facebook are "infested" with "paid disinfo agents" helps to validate their world views. There is a dysfunction happening with these people, they need to believe in shills, their obsession requires it.

I would like to see somebody do some extensive research on "shills", who are they? How are they recruited? How much are they paid? Do they work from home? Who exactly do they work for? Are there different types/levels of shills?

BTW I'm not saying that shills aren't real, I really don't know.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Why do you think the banking families are worth trillions and not billions?

Everyone has a sell out price eventually- I don't care how moral your convictions may be or how much lamb blood you are covered with.

Besides- they have learned the art of strategic MEME planting and it requires no pay. Just plant and watch it grow like a weed. In other words you can be a shill that doesn't know they are a shill-
MEME:
A meme (/ˈmiːm/ meem)[1] is "an idea, behavior, or style that spreads from person to person within a culture."[2] A meme acts as a unit for carrying cultural ideas, symbols, or practices that can be transmitted from one mind to another through writing, speech, gestures, rituals, or other imitable phenomena with a mimicked theme. Supporters of the concept regard memes as cultural analogues to genes in that they self-replicate, mutate, and respond to selective pressures.[3]

The word meme is a shortening (modeled on gene) of mimeme (from Ancient Greek μίμημα Greek pronunciation: [míːmɛːma] mīmēma, "imitated thing", from μιμεῖσθαι mimeisthai, "to imitate", from μῖμος mimos "mime")[4] and it was coined by the British evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins in The Selfish Gene (1976)[1][5] as a concept for discussion of evolutionary principles in explaining the spread of ideas and cultural phenomena. Examples of memes given in the book included melodies, catch-phrases, fashion, and the technology of building arches.[6]

Proponents theorize that memes may evolve by natural selection in a manner analogous to that of biological evolution. Memes do this through the processes of variation, mutation, competition, and inheritance, each of which influence a meme's reproductive success.

Good News-

Non Conformity gets you some good alone time- Jesus...that guy that wasn't Jew ,Christian, Muslim or anything else but truthful thinks all of you are full of # including me

progress not perfection

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join