It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS has been infiltrated and infested with western establishment-paid shills...?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
I can assure you all that if there were a paid shill on ATS it would be one of us owners first. If not me then Bill or Abe or Stephen... You always want the ownership in on the gig or the trolls you hire are subject to having their threads removed and that leaves you with a big fat ZERO ROI, not good.

Ha, ha, ha!

Since when does the gov. CARE about ROI? 17+ Trillion in debt; you actually think they think rationally as you?

Oh, that would be the hallmark of a good covert operation, too. Let's blow our covers by contacting the owners first!

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I'd like to ask the question a different way.

Let's assume that there are "shills" here. For the sake of argument.

Why does anyone here care?

1. You have your critical thinking ability intact.
2. You have your information sources intact.
3. You have your debate ability intact.
4. You have (from the responses in this thread) plenty of like-minded individuals here who "have your back."

Why would the "shills" be a threat? In what way are they a threat?

Surely, even the diametrically-opposing viewpoint has merit, even if it is to help clarify the truth?

(Please notice the "?" symbols.)

edit on 18Wed, 30 Apr 2014 18:10:52 -050014p062014466 by Gryphon66 because: Minor correction.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Please give me the link to the Establishment so I can be properly paid for my shilling. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Please give me the link to the Establishment so I can be properly paid for my shilling. Thank you.

Me too, man. Goddamn it, I'm tired of being a tin-foil hat. Someone, let me in on the big secret. I'm ready to sell out. Are you space lizards? It's space lizards, isn't it? Well, for, say, a modest fee, fifty cents a post, you can have my laconic wit mock people who are right about the space lizards. Or is it the new Ebola virus? Designed to wipe out humanity? All versions? Even 1.13? Damn it. Well, pay me anyway. I'll go to the grave parading YOUR truth around a stick like a three cent wad of sugar spun around a cone at the fair.

Maybe I should start a cult like I always planned to. Anyone want in? No CIA drones, this isn't Jonestown.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Anyone who does not agree with me is a paid shill. Anyone who uses facts, science, or sources to back something up is a paid shill. Anyone who does not fall into the group think is a paid shill. That is pretty much what I am getting out of this.

That's my impression as well. Anyone who disagreed and caused conflict in the discussions used to be a troll. Now they are all paid shills. I was having a little trouble believing in paid shills and what I found was it appears I was wrong. I found there really are shills whose purpose is

promoting regional cooperation and helping establish conditions for regional security, stability and prosperity within a 20-nation area of responsibility that is among the most complex and volatile in the world

SNIP

The discovery that the US military is developing false online personalities – known to users of social media as “sock puppets” – could also encourage other governments, private companies and non-government organisations to do the same.

The Centcom contract stipulates that each fake online persona must have a convincing background, history and supporting details, and that up to 50 US-based controllers should be able to operate false identities from their workstations “without fear of being discovered by sophisticated adversaries”.
(consciouslifenews.com...)And here's one company Central Command (Centcom)

A Californian corporation has been awarded a contract with United States Central Command (Centcom), which oversees US armed operations in the Middle East and Central Asia, to develop what is described as an “online persona management service” that will allow one US serviceman or woman to control up to 10 separate identities based all over the world.
www.defense.gov... In the U.S. these shills are usually military persons creating online personas. It also appears the U.S. is not alone in their shilling as many countries are trying to control and sway online media.

Learn something new everyday
edit on 30-4-2014 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: anHairInTheSoup

Hello anHairInTheSoup,

Not sure if your reply was meant for me as it wasn't addressed directly to me even though the quote itself is from the first paragraph of my reply on page 1.

Your link is an interesting thread but there's just one flaw. I have never seen proof or even evidence of actual shills on ATS. Not even once, in four years. Oh, assumptions, that I've seen a cargo load of it. People not liking that someone else has a different opinion, plenty. Members having a passion about a certain subject and ready to defend it, plenty. But actual proof or actual evidence of paid shills or government shills, or worse...an infiltration??

And even though I have a good idea as to whom certain members allude as some members being shills, withholding names for fear of banning, it still is, an assumption. I find it's too easy to label someone a shill because someone is debunking a certain topic over and over and over again, oftentimes with facts and data.

ATS is an alternative news website, a conspiracy forum where we sometimes see stuff that is so out there that it's scary, I honestly doubt that the Government employs people just to muddy the discussions. I just don't get why the Government would spend time and money debating an idea on such a site. No matter what the idea, as a thread has a life of a brief few days, in general. Why spend the energy for something that is going to die that fast anyway?

Now, are some agencies keeping an eye open on ATS and other such sites? Yes, I would think they do, for all sorts of security and national reasons.

But paid shills on ATS ? Show me proof. Infiltration on ATS ? Again, proof please.

Otherwise, it's just speculations and assumptions. Which is fine but doesn't necessarily make this topic true.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Shilling is another form of propaganda. There may be certain individuals unsure of which side of the fence they stand on. With a little propaganda, the shill could capture a new convent. If the SHTF, it really is us against them. And usually the government and the paid shills are lying or hiding information that people have a right to know.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Davian

Its funny how people who disagree with you must be waging netcentric warfare......

People have different opinions my friend.

Here is a pro tip

When you are young you agree with left of center ideals and are emotionally governed by things others place in your head in an effort to play your heart strings like a harp.

When you are older you tend to lean right of center when it comes to your beliefs. You are also more tired of BS and nothingness that never pans out beyond your imagination or the good intentions of others.

Just live your life cyber warriors. Its fun outside.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: leopardpimps

Oh... My bad and I guess we misunderstood each other. I'd never suggest falsely agreeing just for a smiley face or good form. I'm kinda known for taking positions out of conviction that I can lose things because of...if pushed too hard. So be it. The day we're afraid to voice an opinion is the day I need to move elsewhere in the world and try and hang onto the memories of what freedom used to be. Until then, happy debating!

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Obviously people have different opinions that's just a given but to totally dismiss the notion that governments who have been engaging in propaganda since their creations would not utilize every and all avenues to misinform, lie or derail. If we are to believe things like 9/11, government alien cover-ups, Benghazi cover-up, economic corruption exists and are perpetrated by nefarious groups that have money and power then it makes perfect sense that they would at the very least attempt to discredit the actual truth. As far as I am concerned they would be fools if they didn't and I know they are not fools.
edit on 30-4-2014 by Slickinfinity because: added something

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000
yeh i think we did mis understand each other oh well! at least we are expressing ourselves

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
But again...the problem returns that if anyone disagrees, they are labelled by people who 'deny ignorance." And judging by some posts here we have some members of the judge, jury and executioner right in this thread

Maybe if some CTer's would relax and realize two things, life would be easier

1. Someone is GOING to disagree with you like it or not. It doesn't mean they are disinfo. And if they were, ask yourself is your foundation so shaky that a shill can rock your boat?

2. Not every piece of 'evidence' or 'proof' is solid or concrete. There is a ton of theory...that is the word we have here...theory. Some people grab onto every tiny piece of data and extrapolate the supposed facts...it isn't always as sound as you think

Now I agree that there are some solid CT's out there. What really happened at so-and-so...let's search but maybe for once we can drop the bickering, labeling and BS and just look for truth

And if people disagreeing with you is this much trouble it might be time to hang up your mouse and keyboard

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Some might think me really slow-witted as I admit this ... but until this moment, I didn't realize that there are only two choices, and that we have to declare in one of two camps, either anti-government or pro-government.

They should really put that in the T&C ...

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
It's pretty obvious if you look for it and is actually becoming rampant on the net. Reddit is another site where groups of paid forum mercenaries happily discuss the prospect of war as if it's inevitable. How these people can do this kind of thing is beyond me.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce
A common and well know tactic of paid shills is to start threads and accuse others of being paid shills, this is done to cover up their own shilling....

By far the most amusing tactic of shills is to make outlandish claims trying to define just what a shill is, this is done to cover up their own shilling.

ANOTHER tactic , which has been seen all too often on this thread and every other one, is to discredit the thread by claiming that it is about disagreements, calling the OP out to be the shill.

BETTER YET, every one of those posters, denies every single conspiracy theory on this site, not surprising at all, and they love to claim that things in this world are all as it should be, with just the greedy side of things going on, but nothing more, no nefarious antics at all.

AND CERTAINLY no CHANCE that shills could be deployed
the simple nature of them tells us they could not identify themselves as being a shill for something, even if they blatantly are.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I can assure you all that if there were a paid shill on ATS it would be one of us owners first. If not me then Bill or Abe or Stephen... You always want the ownership in on the gig or the trolls you hire are subject to having their threads removed and that leaves you with a big fat ZERO ROI, not good.

Now since we know none of my partners or I would ever be financially satiated by the pittance they would offer for such a thing combined with the fact we are ethical men with a deep love for ATS, I'd have to say bollocks to this theory.

Even if a few lackeys are "paid shills" they are so low rent as to not be relevant much less matter. That brings us back to ZERO ROI and that just doesn't fly.

People who disagree or are passionate about a point are just that, people who want to be heard just like YOU.

Springer, and other owners.

We know that you guys have all KINDS of topics you will not go into, this alone means you have been given policy, that could be described as being "Shill Friendly".

Whether or not this is on purpose is another issue, way too many lawyers seem to way in on these topics, lawyers are shills by definition.

It is beyond laughable to describe that No ROI would come from setting the tone on the worlds largest conspiracy site, but shocked I am not, disappointed yes.

Either you actually believe what you are saying to be true,
Or you really just find a lot of advice from people who tell you how to not get your site in "Hot Water".

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

You know what bothers me the most about this issue? Not the paid shills - they are to be expected given the total lack of honour and integrity inherent in all modern corporatist governments of today (and of most nationalistic [but paradoxically apathetic & materialistic] 'citizens').

No... it's the shills that DON'T get paid that have my mind in a twist. The subordinate trolls who, lacking any reasonable sense of judgment or empathy for their fellow man, continue to defend the "powers" that be out of sheer charitable subservience. I can understand, if not forgive, those who get paid to be establishment cheerleaders. It's usually pretty good money for easy work, and desperate times call for desperate measures. But it's the ones that freely and obediently jump at the chance to volunteer who really do my head in.

The existence of paid (and unpaid) establishment shills is still an obviously important issue to keep in the light of the 'awakened' public all the same, so thanks for posting this brother. Peace.

edit on 30/4/2014 by TheAnarchist because: ~

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

What if i were to tell you that the NSA has computers decades ahead of what us commoners have , said computers have AI programs that work like bots that post as members of online communities. These bots frequent this board and you would not know if they were a program from a real human being. They even have take on a personality of thier own. And if you actually traced them back to the source it goes right to langley virginia. A secret undeground facility .

See social engineering

It makes prism look like a Atari 2600

edit on 30-4-2014 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DarthFazer

Error.

That would not compute.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

Now since we know none of my partners or I would ever be financially satiated by the pittance they would offer for such a thing combined with the fact we are ethical men with a deep love for ATS, I'd have to say bollocks to this theory.

Even if a few lackeys are "paid shills" they are so low rent as to not be relevant much less matter. That brings us back to ZERO ROI and that just doesn't fly.

People who disagree or are passionate about a point are just that, people who want to be heard just like YOU.

Springer, and other owners.

We know that you guys have all KINDS of topics you will not go into, this alone means you have been given policy, that could be described as being "Shill Friendly".

Whether or not this is on purpose is another issue, way too many lawyers seem to way in on these topics, lawyers are shills by definition.

It is beyond laughable to describe that No ROI would come from setting the tone on the worlds largest conspiracy site, but shocked I am not, disappointed yes.

Either you actually believe what you are saying to be true,
Or you really just find a lot of advice from people who tell you how to not get your site in "Hot Water".

Im not saying no names but see: infraguard

Thats all im going to say regarding this web site. But you are pretty spot on. There is another big conspiracy web site that i will not say the name but it is under control of a certain british intelligence agency using it as a honey pot that impliments social engineerng programs.

See: FBI calls conspiracy theorists terrorists

Pardon the typos using a damn iPad
edit on 1-5-2014 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join