It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS has been infiltrated and infested with western establishment-paid shills...?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Davian

Anyone think it is a bit odd, that just before this 'Crimean crisis' unfolded, a bunch of user accounts were 'activated' that all have the same posting characteristics involved in said posts and/or threads.

I know what you're saying and completely agree with what you're getting at, but i don't find it odd or strange in the slightest.

The US Government (Eric Holder i think) said several years ago, that internet forums and 'conspiracy website chatrooms' were going to be actively targeted and infiltrated to spread confusion, contention, and formate bad feeling and disharmony and distrust in such forums.

By doing this, the US government basically decleared both freedom of speech and the sharing of ideas more or less undesirable on internet forums such as this, and psychological war on 'conspiracy theorists' in general.

There are threads about the software company and it's CEO whom are both in bed with the Government who were tasked with designing the software to enable 'sock puppet' forum accounts and 'enhanced' posting abilities, where one shill/operator can control, operate and post individualised posts to up to 50 separate and distinct forum membership accounts at once.

I don't have the links, but some bright spark probably has.

What i do find odd is that so many people don't seem to know / or believe this, even though the government made this a public announcement and didn't try to hide it.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

The government also released the documents about operation Northwoods. No-one seems to think our government would do something like that though. All the people claiming there is no way 9-11 had anything to do with our government are proof.

People are ignorant.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: alomaha
a reply to: Davian

I call on those of you who are infowarriors to merely just be aware of the fact of this possibility

That is not a possibility, that is a fact. It's called war on internet and we are obviously losing it...

If TPTB really wanted to, they could take away the internet completely. But that hasn't happened yet, so maybe TPTB don't perceive us as a threat?

It's really easy to construct conspiracy theories and then after a while people begin to absolutely believe them and never check their own sources. I believe ATS was first founded upon the principle that those who were really in the know could share, but now as more people are interested and then swayed by endless youtube videos that they think are genuine information, they come here with the same old recycled conspiracy theories that have been debunked over and over, but want to hold on to the same old thing, begrudgingly refusing to let them go.

There is no internet war because those who are recycling the debunked conspiracy theories are actually doing TPTB a tremendous favor. And TPTB aren't giving up their secrets to just anybody. If someone is really in the know, chances are they won't be able to just come on a conspiracy theory site, because TPTB know how to trace their IP addresses and can prevent them from ever coming on the internet.

Think about the powers you think TPTB have and then ask yourself "Why would they be letting so much "information" about them get out?" They aren't. In fact, most of the "shills" probably don't even know what is really going on.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: andr3w68

People are ignorant.

Unfortunately, i think it's far more serious than that...people want to be ignorant.

Ignorance can be remedied with evidence and knowledge...willful and deliberate ignorance is a different matter entirely.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: andr3w68
a reply to: MysterX

The government also released the documents about operation Northwoods. No-one seems to think our government would do something like that though. All the people claiming there is no way 9-11 had anything to do with our government are proof.

People are ignorant.

The government isn't releasing everything.

They are only letting you have distractions, isn't that what you call a False Flag? The "declassification" of documents is really distraction. Don't believe every "declassified" document is real. TPTB aren't that stupid to just let their secrets get out.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy
They do it though, damn they wrote papers on it lmao...

But see the thing is they want the NET.. Because they can spy on you! They just want to push certsin agendas and to distrupt certain discussion...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

If TPTB really wanted to, they could take away the internet completely. But that hasn't happened yet, so maybe TPTB don't perceive us as a threat?

No such luck..they see freethinkers as a threat alright.

The reason they don't simply 'take away the Internet', is money primarily and the fact it is as useful to those interested in spreading disinformation, as it is to those trying to dispell it.

The Internet generates $ Trillions annually, is a valuable asset and near future business models predict upwards of $15 Trillion annual internet revenues...they won't give that up in a hurry.

MUCH more effective and cheaper to create disinformation, professional shills and the like to keep a lid on and steer topics of conversation and keep tabs on those stupid enough to imagine they are not being suckered daily in forums.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
US Government admits it uses social media to counter Al-Quaeda.

arstechnica.com...

It seems reasonable to think that the US government might leave comments on ATS, but then again we are all conspiracy nuts so what the hell.

ATS is monitored. There was a post the other day claiming to come from a UK MP which was removed very quickly.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meee32

But see the thing is they want the NET.. Because they can spy on you! They just want to push certsin agendas and to distrupt certain discussion...

Oh, but here's the kicker...

You don't believe the government is in your best interest so you don't trust it, but then you do trust the government is being honest when they write their papers on it?

Think about why the government you distrust is suddenly honest when it comes to "declassified" information.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I suppose the general answer is not everyone in any government is a scumbag and in on the deceptions.

It would be hard to pull off hoodwinking the public if everyone in a government, especially one the size of the US government knew about what was going on, any plan of action would be blabbed before it was even enacted. Like most devious exercises, it is always much more effective to have only a small number of people in on the deal, and keep everyone else in a need to know holding pattern.

Because not everyone is 'in on shenanigans', there are routine checks and balances that still have to be observed...remember, the very best lies are the ones that contain a high percentage of truth.
edit on 1-5-2014 by MysterX because: added info

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

originally posted by: Meee32

Oh, but here's the kicker...

You don't believe the government is in your best interest so you don't trust it, but then you do trust the government is being honest when they write their papers on it?

Think about why the government you distrust is suddenly honest when it comes to "declassified" information.

Lol because this isn't stuff they WANT to come out... If snowden is captured what you think will happen? Infact if it is all non-sense why do they want him at all? Why is bradly manning in prison? They didn't want this to come out... Do you think they wanted the world to know they are spying on everyone? Lol...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
i came here looking for ufo pics.

i mostly comment in war and government and economy sections now.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Ahaha just to comment: This has happened to me, i can across the site through stumbling upon it whilst researching some topics i was interested in. As i remember Atlantis
I don't think people just discover the site by accident for it must have been for a reason. I've discovered so much thanks to this site so well the 'shills' as you call them (not too sure what that means) well they must have been like monitoring the site for years? possibly maybe don't know?

But either way if to take Davian's point then why would they especially make new accounts to overtake the site now? Surely this must be saying something about the time we are in? Something must be special about this crisis that go them to join up?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I'd love to hear from people that believed the phone tapping and e-mail spying was all wacko conspiracy stuff... I'd love to hear what they think now...

How about fast and furious etc...

There are so many in history! I think the conspiracy theorists are owed the benefit of the doubt, not gov!

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Wow, you go to bed, go to work come home and this is still on the go.

Reality check needed. If government(s) were infiltrating this site why would they? I can only think of 4:
1. To persuade people here to change their minds about a conspiracy which is actually the truth they don't want joe public to know about.
2. To persuade people here to vote for them because government is not as evil as portrayed.
3. To garner knowledge about possible terrorism.
4. A laugh.

Number 1 ! Why bother. All the government has to do is get somebody onto TV to explain about "the conspiracy". First they would explain about this site and show on TV the actual threads to do with shape shifting reptiles infiltrating government. This will instantly have all viewers giggling hysterically. Then they would link, by association ie both on ATS, whatever conspiracy they wish to kill. Cheaper than hiring shills and far far more effective.

Number 2! Why bother. If every single member on ATS was persuaded to vote one particular way it would have a negligible effect on any voting pattern for the simple reason that the number of ATS members is spread evenly around the world, although probably weighted more to the western world. But that would be US + Europe.

Number3! A possibility, after all it only takes one to make a bomb. However such people are usually on their own "terrorist" website learning how to make bombs and being fed BS by their "beloved leader". With this scenario though any agent will keep quite otherwise they won't be able to collect the necessary information. They might prod the potential terrorist by encouraging them which , ironically enough, would be the complete opposite behaviour of a shill......DUH!

Number4! Highly likely. Enough said.

Time folks woke up we are not important or large enough or influential enough for anybody in any government to bother with. ATS delusions of grandeur I'm afraid.

There no shills on this site just people who disagree with a lot of the outrageous conspiracies. There are some who like to wind the conspiracist up because of the reaction they get. OK that's wrong of the wind up merchants given the T&C of ATS but on the other foot: the conspiracist should stop crying in their milk about shills.....grow a pair!!!

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

ATS would not be fun if it weren't for shills, even if they are imaginary.

All of the internet is monitored for extremist activity among other things. Given the history of ATS and a few isolated incidents with former members, one would have to be a fool to believe ATS is not monitored.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad
I remember similar excuses and reasoning for the phone tapping and internet snooping... "How could they watch everything? It would take an enormous team" "Because of the team needed it could never be kept secret" "Why would they want to know what you're doing? They just look and monitor criminals"

Heard it all before... They do monitor these sites and they do try to drive some threads.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: GeminiSky

I just assumed that trolling on this site was a natural thing because of it's nature. Especially when a current event is happening.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad
Reality check needed. If government(s) were infiltrating this site why would they? I can only think of 4:
1. To persuade people here to change their minds about a conspiracy which is actually the truth they don't want joe public to know about.
2. To persuade people here to vote for them because government is not as evil as portrayed.
4. A laugh.

Yorkshire Lad,

You have missed the FACT that it's already been admitted that the government posts on this site and all around social media, so we don't need to wonder IF or WHY, when we already know it's a FACT they DO. Most people will assume that you are either a government sockpuppet or just a naive Yorkshire Lad.

Revealed: US spy operation that manipulates social media -Military's 'sock puppet' software creates fake online identities to spread pro-American propaganda

www.theguardian.com...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiddencode

originally posted by: yorkshirelad
4. A laugh.

Yorkshire Lad,

You have missed the FACT that it's already been admitted that the government posts on this site and all around social media, so we don't need to wonder IF or WHY, when we already know it's a FACT they DO. Most people will assume that you are either a government sockpuppet or just a naive Yorkshire Lad.

Revealed: US spy operation that manipulates social media -Military's 'sock puppet' software creates fake online identities to spread pro-American propaganda

www.theguardian.com...

Nice post! Not seen that little chestnut before. It answers another posters comment of "they wouldn't have any impact, you would need too many", well times what they have by 10! Hell I bet they have it down so well they could automate some of it if not all.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join