It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charles Barkley on NBA: 'We are a black league. We are a black league"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: Grambler
In no way is Barkly saying whites aren't welcome.

'it's a black league ... it's a black league' ... sounds like exclusivity and that the white players, owners, workers aren't really considered.

We shouldn't judge people on poor choice of words, we should judge them on there intent.

Agreed. So why aren't white people given the same consideration?

Here's where you fail again....

What has black people ever BARRED white people from? Lets take the closest thing black people have to owning, Hip Hop, are white people banned from it? Is Eminem banned from it?

See what white supremists haven't figured out is that black people generally don't think in the same manner as white supremist. We are the most accepting of any race on this planet....debatable. What other race will allow races of other people to come set up shop in their neighborhood and make money from them? Is there a white neighborhood anywhere that will allow black owned restaurants, stores, etc., to flurish? Will the Asians allow such a thing? The answer is no.

This reinterates that black people in general do not operate as you would expect and fear.

It's the white supremacy...it installs fear in you. You know that if black people were as white supremists are, they would have been attacked white people FULL ON and not little "knock out games". This fear is what motivates white supremists to continually attack black people.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Justwatchingyou

Youre coming to the rescue of a slaver mentality nba owner in a predominantly black sport.

Slaver mentality?

What does the average NBA player earn? Huffington Post

Uh, it is $5.15 million dollars.... hardly slaves.

Naw, it's still a slave. It isn't 1825 anymore so yeah, slavery has changed and some slaves are paid 5 million dollars.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreenMtnBoys
The NBA is a bunch of ghetto thugs for the most part. Maybe that is because it is a "black league". Now am I a racist? LOL……I could care less. I see how those idiots act on and off the court. Yeah there might be the token few NBA players black or white that are good peeps etc. But NBA has been infiltrated by black culture i.e. thuggish gangster ghetto attitudes.

LOL, on a different note, the post above addresses another issue I have. Of closing the loop-holes for white supremists. Stop making it 100% racism and recognize that it's at least partially CULTURALISM (is this a word yet).

White Supremists realize they are getting outed and called to bat too much for hating skin, so they are focusing on the culture aspects more.

Notice this gentlemen equate NBA players and basketball in general to being "Thuggish". You see "thug" and "gangster" and "ghetto" are the new code words for N-----.

***Black people and non-racist white people, we must start a movement to add CULTURALISM to the Civil Rights***

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DZAG Wright

On, no, man, this is totally a thug right here:

edit on 28-4-2014 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Barkley was trying to make a point, therefore, it's not racism. I mean, are we going to let the Mexicans soft-invade this country, by trying to be politically correct? In fact, I'd say every country should pass a law where you're only allowed to become permanent residents, but not citizens, as to prevent immigrants from getting welfare or to vote. This will prevent immigrants from leeching off the system, and not trying to subtly take over a country at the same time. And if you're there with good intentions and are merely looking for new economic opportunities, then you shouldn't have any problems with this. This will allow a certain degree of diversity, without the extreme step of every country closing their borders.

In addition, I'd say every First World Country should issue a demand to every Third World Countries that you need to have less kids, otherwise, you won't accept them anymore. The fact is, if you don't control the population at the root(poor people tend to have a lot more kids than rich), then the world's problems will never be solved.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots

On, no, man, this is totally a thug right here:

What's funny is most of the people complaining of thugs, obviously have no idea what a thug is. These kids now, black and white, are hipsters. SURPRISE to some of you out of touch white and black people: When is the last time you saw an athlete who was a thug? These kids don't wear baggy clothes anymore, they wear jeans tighter than my wifes! That scary guy with the beard on the Rockets Harden...LOL...have you seen how he dress after the games? He's a str8 up nerd!

Again, thug is the new code word for N------. White supremists catch too much flack for using the N word so they have switched to saying "thug".

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

The first real "thug" that comes to mind in sports is aaron hernandez. And he isnt black. And ya know whats funny?

You never, EVER, hear him called a thug. EVER.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

this would be an example of a "THUG" like behaviour.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

The first real "thug" that comes to mind in sports is aaron hernandez. And he isnt black. And ya know whats funny?

You never, EVER, hear him called a thug. EVER.

Really?

I've heard more than a few talking heads of ESPN say "Aaron Hernandez is a thug."

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

That ones new on me, hadnt seen it before.

Do you really think he gets called a thug as much as, say, richard sherman?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The majority of you are playing right into their hands.

Barkley, while yes he is a clown, didn't say anything negative about white players or white people. He simply stated the obvious that it is mainly a black league. 78% is a huge percentage.

His comments don't compare to that of Sterling.

Some times people look to 'even things up' in this kind of situation, and unfortunately it's not there to happen this time. Sterling was abhorrently racist whereas Barkley wasn't.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DZAG Wright
Again, thug is the new code word for N------. White supremists catch too much flack for using the N word so they have switched to saying "thug".

Is it that, or is it that the simplest deflection of criticism against the criminal deeds of a minority is to call the criticism some form of racism rather than accepting any degree of personal responsibility? I get it, the first instinct of someone who feels attacked is to attack back... but when we're talking about unacceptable, antisocial behavior that reverse attack is cowardly and reeks of a complete lack of self maturity and self responsibility.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

That ones new on me, hadnt seen it before.

Do you really think he gets called a thug as much as, say, richard sherman?

Yeah, I do. The primary difference is in what's discussed on the Sunday pre-game show being moderated and lead by the NFL (or whatever league it is). The NFL opened the "Richard Sherman is a thug" discussion and gave the green light to all the panels to discuss away whereas the NFL really tried their damndest to make the Aaron Hernandez case go away in regards to NFL broadcasts. The general news media didn't have long winded panels talking Sherman, but they did have longwinded panels talking Hernandez. Similarly, ESPN talked Hernandez to death until the season started, and there was a distinct feeling that the NFL called them up and "Hey, cut us a break and let's stop talking Hernandez while the season is on, OK?"

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Ill just put it like this:

I listen to a LOT of sports radio. A lot. Like probably an embarrassing amount.

I can tell you that I have only heard two people, Jim Rome and Colin Cowherd, call hernandez a thug. TO the contrary, I have heard dozens call sherman a thug. Dozens call Rasheed Wallace a thug. Dozens talk about the fact that the nba is infiltrated by 'thug culture'.

The point being, whether anyone wants to admit it or not, the word thug has become associated with being black.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

no you are wrong
i quote you,,"the word thug has become associated with being black. "
unquote
Thug,, it is an attitude.
Nothing too do with color.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome

no you are wrong
i quote you,,"the word thug has become associated with being black. "
unquote
Thug,, it is an attitude.
Nothing too do with color.
Yes, that is my quote. I stand by it and Ill say it again. The word thug has now become associated with being black.

It is funny, though, that the video you posted of an example even pointed out that the kid was black in the title.....not "juvenile", not "little boy" but "black bully".
edit on 28-4-2014 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

You think everyone should live in harmony, but it's not that simple. The fact is, low IQ people(who tend to be poor) tend to commit more crimes and contribute less to society than high IQ people. If you mix the two, then the IQ will be in-between. And because there are a lot more poor people than rich, if you keep mixing, then the average IQ will keep going down.

Now this doesn't mean that everyone can't co-exist peacefully, as I do believe all people have the potential to be
good, but, the races should not be mixed together(unless it's two certain races that also happen to be the most popular currently, which I will not name, in case of being accused of being elitist). There are genetic differences(and that includes athleticism) that one should not gloss over, in favor of being PC. You know why the Ashkenazi Jews' IQ is so high(winner of 29% Nobel Prizes and one in which Einstein's a part of)? It's because they practice "selective reproduction," or in more ominous terms, eugenics.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Of course it's racist or at least according to the standards applied to people of European heritage that have lower levels of melanin in their skin. Is anyone surprised, really? Next time an athlete murders someone try suggesting his "race" should be removed from his league and see what happens. LOL.

What is race anyhow? No other animal has race. A white wolf and a black wolf are both wolves. We have created this crap ourselves and it's perpetuated by psudo-victimhood. A guy has a grudge against dark skinned humans for whatever reason (honestly, who cares what this guy thinks in his private life? It doesn't matter if he doesn't act it out in public life.) He acts as if he is a victim of dark skinned people. Then those people take his bitter frustration and feed off of it and exploit it to puke their own bitterness on lighter skinned people..... As if this guy is the sum total of having less melanin. ..

We are such an immature species. Our own worst enemies on every level. A bunch of 4 year olds trying to claim that all the toys are ours, slapping and screaming for momma to scold the other children.

This shouldn't even be a public scandal. NBA brass should have received this info and told the guy to sell the team or it will be removed from league. End.

Now it's hate on hate, victims verses victims so we can all denigrate ourselves and each other some more.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I have 2 things I would like to say about this topic:

1. Barkley was an idiot for saying this. No question about it.

2. Some posters seem to revel in these things, with a burning need to respond to any racist white person by saying, "See? This black dude is racist too!" Get over it. Racists come in all colours. Stirling and Barkley were moronic in their statements. It happens.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

i cant change the title, or i would have,, but if u wish too comment,, then how about the part where mom says,,

" he's normal behaving,,??????????? "

and she obviuosly watched the VIDEO RIGHT?,, but ya,, ok. normal it is.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join