It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charles Barkley on NBA: 'We are a black league. We are a black league"

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Racism is wholly a manifestation of twisted liberal minds. Blacks are apparently the only people in the history of the human species that have been enslaved, even though the muslim moors raided, enslaved and pillaged Europe for hundreds of years en.wikipedia.org.... But this isnt about history, its about the MSM frying every white dude that says something about blacks to further some insane agenda.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthomeummmm.....its in the title, like I said. I guess the point is lost here.

Im most definitely lost on what it is your are trying to say or prove....

edit on 28-4-2014 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: V22tech
Racism is wholly a manifestation of twisted liberal minds. Blacks are apparently the only people in the history of the human species that have been enslaved, even though the muslim moors raided, enslaved and pillaged Europe for hundreds of years en.wikipedia.org.... But this isnt about history, its about the MSM frying every white dude that says something about blacks to further some insane agenda.
What a load of garbage that is. Racism takes place amongst all people. Against all people.

This sounds like nothing but whining here (or a cover for something else)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I couldnt care less what a liberal thinks pal. Thanks for proving my point though, I made a statement about slavery and you jumped to the racist card and ignored everything else i said.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: V22tech
I couldnt care less what a liberal thinks pal. Thanks for proving my point though, I made a statement about slavery and you jumped to the racist card and ignored everything else i said.

1)Not a liberal, "pal"
2)Not sure what you are talking about. I never said anything about "the racist card"...but its telling that you jump there without provocation.
3)The claim that racism cannot exist because throughout history different groups have conquered others is so foolish it doesn't really deserve any response...and the idea that racism only exists because of liberals is even more absurd (unless, by liberal, you mean all people who believe in equal treatment for others)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
No one pays any attention to Charles Barkley.

He has been wrong about EVERYTHING concerning basketball besides his career as a basketball player.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Frankly, what Sterling and Barkely both have stated is ignorant. However, Sterling's comment reflects personal disdain towards persons of visible colour, whereas Barkely's comment does not reflect any disdain towards white people...

Jay Z doesn't own the Nets...or at least not in the sense that people seem to believe. Also, since he now owns a sports agency, it is a conflict of interest and therefore he must sell his ONE-SIXTH of 1 PERCENT ownership. I personally wouldn't call that owning a team...

"In September, Jay Z was set to sell his remaining ownership stake in the Brooklyn Nets to Jason Kidd, the team’s head coach and one of its former players. The Brooklyn rapper’s total stake in the team was reportedly $500,000 and represented one-sixth of 1 percent ownership of the team"

www.hiphopdx.com...

I agree with your side note re: distractions, however, I found it very interesting that you stated - "people getting distracted by alleged racism on the part of a white guy (while ignoring the racism from the black guys)."

Why is it Sterling, who clearly has proven in the past that he is a racist, the one whose actions are seen as the "alleged racism" to you but, not the alleged racism on the part of the "black guys"?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I spent the whole day keeping track of this topic, waiting for the most poignant post, one that would hit the nail right on the head , but this man had the keenest observation.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: Welcome to the Finger-Wagging Olympics

Moral outrage is exhausting. And dangerous. The whole country has gotten a severe case of carpal tunnel syndrome from the newest popular sport of Extreme Finger Wagging. Not to mention the neck strain from Olympic tryouts for Morally Superior Head Shaking.

And now the poor guy’s girlfriend (undoubtedly ex-girlfriend now) is on tape cajoling him into revealing his racism. Man, what a winding road she led him down to get all of that out. She was like a sexy nanny playing “pin the fried chicken on the Sambo.” She blindfolded him and spun him around until he was just blathering all sorts of incoherent racist sound bites that had the news media peeing themselves with glee.

They caught big game on a slow news day, so they put his head on a pike, dubbed him Lord of the Flies, and danced around him whooping.

I don’t blame them. I’m doing some whooping right now.

Shouldn’t we be equally angered by the fact that his private, intimate conversation was taped and then leaked to the media? Didn’t we just call to task the NSA for intruding into American citizen’s privacy in such an un-American way? Although the impact is similar to Mitt Romney’s comments that were secretly taped, the difference is that Romney was giving a public speech. The making and release of this tape is so sleazy that just listening to it makes me feel like an accomplice to the crime. We didn’t steal the cake but we’re all gorging ourselves on it.

Make no mistake: Donald Sterling is the villain of this story. But he’s just a handmaiden to the bigger evil.

time.com...

“Eternal vigilance is the price of freedom.” Instead of being content to punish Sterling and go back to sleep, we need to be inspired to vigilantly seek out, expose, and eliminate racism at its first signs.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
edit on 103030p://bMonday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Perhaps this with help some of you:

What you're referring to as racism, no one would be harmed by it. Charles Barkley saying the NBA is a white league doesn't hurt anyone as black people have no POWER to stop anyone white from joining or attending.

Contrarily, Sterling has the power (as he's displayed in the housing lawsuit) to harm people. He is backed by something many of you wish to hold your heads in the sky and whistle in order to ignore it, white supremacy.

I know most of you would like to pretend as though it doesn't exist, because it invalidates most of your "lazy, leeches" and "what about black on black crime", as if you break all of those SYMPTOMS to the lowest denominator, you will find that white supremacy is the CAUSE.

Black racism can not harm in a substantial, systematic manner any white person! The most black people are capable of is name calling and fighting. Which is nothing compared to the "Good Ol Boy Network" where entire populations of black people can be denied jobs to sustain their families. White people do not have to worry about being assaulted by the police in their own neighborhoods so often that you are dull to the action now.

So there's racism, and then there's SYSTEMATIC RACISM.

I break it down like this to help some understand when actually, racism is about the power to harm another race due to your racist feelings. But most of you won't understand this. If it's about the power to oppress....LOL...what power does black people have to oppress any white person? That is why it is said that black people can't be racist. Bigoted and prejudiced, sure, displaying racism....I don't think so.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DZAG Wright

Actually, rock N roll came from bluegrass(rockabilly), the same place that blues came from. I truly believe that. There's no rock n roll being played in Africa. But I love blues music. Robert Johnson was a great player and singer, but he got it from somewhere else.....

I think people are done putting up with reverse racism(racism towards whites). This thread will show that. I think it's good to talk about it and take some swaps at each other, even though it will get ugly, but at the end of the day, the truth cannot be denied who invented what, so on, and so forth. I think if there was some respect on all sides that a lot of this stuff would just go away, but there's too many people claiming things that they had no part of. That and crime is what keeps racism at the forefront, IMO. Maybe one day we can just move forward and have common decency towards each other, because if not, all it will take is a few more incidents to ignite a powder keg of civil war.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jaellma
No one pays any attention to Charles Barkley.

exactly! but people on here don't get it... so we thrash'em to death with white supremacy trollage from hell 'til they get the point!

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DZAG Wright

originally posted by: MikhailBakunin

originally posted by: Grambler

I have no problem with this. He is not discriminating against anyone, he is just saying the facts.

Larry Bird (whom is white) agrees with him.

Well, I think so," said Bird, the Indiana Pacers' president of basketball operations. "You know, when I played, you had me and Kevin [McHale] and some others throughout the league. I think it's good for a fan base because, as we all know, the majority of the fans are white America. And if you just had a couple of white guys in there, you might get them a little excited. But it is a black man's game, and it will be forever. I mean, the greatest athletes in the world are African-American."

sports.espn.go.com...

A white nba owner allegedly made disparaging remarks about black men, why is it unfair for someone to point out the hypocrisy of that given that the majority of players are black? We shouldn't allow the pc police to make us avoid saying factual things because it might hurt someones feelings.

It can be 100% afro-americans playing and the sport of basketball will still be considered a white man's sport because it was created by white men and the logo is Jerry West, a white man. Black men wearing a white man logo and playing a sport invented by white men.... it works. Throw'em a ball ... better then selling crack and shooting people

U mad bro?

Breh..........who besides ummmmmmm YOU believes basketball is a white man's sport? Be honest with yourself too...

Rock n Roll begun as black music, how many people today realize this?

Also Esau, a black man invented the cell phone, do you count the cell phone as a black thing?

okay okay... you right maannngggg... you right....

but uummmm..... does this mean... u mad? bro? eeerrrrrr.... what?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DZAG Wright

originally posted by: MikhailBakunin

originally posted by: captaintyinknots

originally posted by: MrInquisitive

originally posted by: captaintyinknots
a reply to: MrInquisitive

Please, dont include all white people, not all of us are that way.

I'm Caucasian too. In no way did I imply that all whites are this way. What I am saying is that the people who attempt to make this argument about what Barkley said are this way, and I am purdee sure that most all of them are white.
Fair enough, I just wanted to be clear that we were on the same page....
point being... it will never be a black league, idc how many black dudes can dribble and shoot... they're just doing their best white man's impression. Before they saw how a basketball bounces they were busy trying to figure how to bag white man's groceries and getting sprayed with fire hoses.

Byrd saying it's a black man's league is saying that because he's playing media politics... Barkeley's wrong and he should feel privileged we gave his people a chance to entertain white america.

you 'mirin, brah?

OK I see you're either delusional or trolling...

How are black players doing their best impersonation of a white guy? I mean seriously? Was the white guy who invented basketball doing Allen Iverson crossovers or dunking like Michael Jordan?

Stop it before you embarrass yourself slime!

I also noticed you allowing your white hood in the closet to air out with the "before they were dribbling they were bagging groceries and getting hosed. Well...don't stop there...our history didn't begin in Jim Crow America. We also were building pyramids, civilizing those English kings who still slept with farm animals in what they called castles, introducing those Europeans to a thing called bathing, putting a little melanin in those dainty European women (see Italians etc), and having civilizations all over this planet while those with your mentality were nothing more than cave dwelling, mutants.

Please don't embarrass yourself anymore white supremist...

ayight ayight... you right, dog, you right....

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Anybody can be a racist, black, white, Asian, Latin. Who cares! What does that have to do with anything of importance? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, when did this country become so scared of everything? I guess that I’m the only one here that has ever made a racial comment in his life.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

Thug we were talking about thug.

Did u know that Basketball is actually CANADIAN

yup
Dr. James Naismith ,, Almonte. Ontario.

Go Thunderboalts,, yup played in High School

Almonte my home town

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The question is; Should someone be allowed to be racist?

The next question is; Should someone who owns a company be allowed to be racist?

The next question is; Should someone who owns a company that happens to be a franchise attached to a national association for sport, be allowed to be racist?

The next question is; Should someone who owns a company that happens to be a franchise attached to a national association for sport, be allowed to be racist, especially if that majority of the talent/workforce of their business, is of the race they are racist of?

The next question is; How should the people who are fans of the NBA, and his specific franchise, react and view this person who is a racist?

My only thoughts are: This guy deserves no sympathy, he has hundreds of millions of dollars, go live like a king somewhere. Its playoff time in the NBA, the Clippers are in the playoffs, noone in the world really cares about you. The NBA doesnt need you, you are a multi millionaire so you dont need it, but you do 'need it' in the sense of it being a source of millions of your dollars. Sucks to be you...but at the same time you have millions of dollars, so it doesnt.
edit on 28-4-2014 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

My problem with this, not that I care a great deal about the NBA or the Round Mound, is that Barkley called for a fine and other actions against Sterling before an investigation had been done. I don't care about what he said about the NBA being a "black league" because it is. Barkley can backtrack all he wants to and say that he meant predominantly black but the fact that he wanted punishment before anything had even been investigated tells me all I need to know about Barkley and makes his clarification ring hollow.

No one should have been surprised by this because Sterling has said things like this before, that didn't stop his current players from signing with the Clippers and cashing those big paychecks. Those players can wear their little black socks and turn their Clippers warm ups inside out all they want to but I bet they still cash their checks.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
ok just so i know that i am catching the correct drift,

that is blowing through the USA, right now,,

Does this mean, that he must sell the TEAM,, to a Chinese/Asian guy??

curious.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
So is THIS a racist statement? Charles Barkley stated 'We are a black league. We are a black league' during a TV interview when asked about the LA Clippers situation. If some people think that the Clippers owner should be punished for making racial remarks in a private conversation ... then what about this very public statement that ignores the 22% of non-black NBA players as well as the non-black owners and workers in the NBA? Is it racist to make the statement 'We are a black league' ... and then double down and say it again? If not ... why not?

Charles Barkley - 'We Are A Black League

Barkley called on NBA Commissioner Adam Silver to “suspend him and fine him immediately,” and made the obvious point that you can’t have a racist owner in a sport where the overwhelming majority of players are black. He said, “We cannot have an owner discriminating against a league that––we’re a black league, Ernie. We are a black league.”

- Barkley said the owner was discriminating against the league. However, there is no evidence of that in this situation. The owner was taped in a private conversation with his ex-girlfriend (who is accused of stealing 2 million $$ from the family).

- 78% of NBA players are black.

There are 28 black NHL players .. but no one goes around on tv saying 'We are a white league. We are a white league'. If they did, they'd be nailed to the floor and stomped on. (and rightfully so).

And why is (Nets owner) Jay Z allowed to be racist against whites and to basically make anti-white statements in public with his bling ... (see the thread here - Jay Z Racism - Does it Matter? but the LA Clippers owner isn't allowed to make racist statements in private conversations?

Double standard? Racism by Charles Barkley and Jay Z?
Or is the Barkley 'we are a black league' statement and the Jay Z anti-white bling just fine?

Side Note -
Just the fact that this stuff is in the news when there are real issues to deal with around the world ... I wonder if THAT is the real story here - people getting distracted by alleged racism on the part of a white guy (while ignoring the racism from the black guys) ... distraction from what Russia is doing and what Obama is doing and from the serious issues ... I"m wondering about the distraction aspect of all this nonsense.

How about a black hockey coach saying he doesn't want whites at the games.... White people would shoot back with the same type response. All in all, it's just a game, the guy should be fined and fired. Nobody of any race should discriminate against another when it comes to sports.... Unless it's soccer....

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
You're taking yourself way too seriously, OP.

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join