It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charles Barkley on NBA: 'We are a black league. We are a black league"

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots
a reply to: MikhailBakunin

I get it. You think the white man runs the world (and they probably do). What, in the hell, does that have to do with this topic?

The topic of barkeley saying it's a black league? When none of it is? It's pretty much a factory of using black man's abilities to make money off of their natural abilities and as soon as they can't run fast, jump high, or dribble a ball down the court with the younger guys they're thrown to the curb... (most of'em bankrupt) .... rinse and repeat... same process that happens to cow's in the slaughter house... owners bringing in the new and kicking out the old....

kinda sad actually.... same thing with the NFL

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DZAG Wright

let us start with Javaris Crittenton...and Arenas who bought weapons into a locker room to protect himself. This stuff does not happen in Lacrosse. We can continue with the real thugs and the wanna be thugs but there is no need. You all know they are there...

This whole white supremacist thing is BS. They are as much of a threat as the Black Panthers. Ignorant people who are continuing to spread hate to the young that will listen.

Your average white or black person who is working two jobs and is priced out of taking their kids to a game because it will cost 300 bucks for 4 tickets, parking and some sodas could GAFL. (you can figure that one out) to support these jack offs. Seriously.

It is simple. If you are white and say you do not like something black, you are racist. It you are black and say you do not like something about a white person you are progressive. Please....Slavery ended 140 years ago..before they ended the slavery of the Irish they were shipping over here to replace the freed blacks.

Educate yourselves about the human race, be proud of your 'heritage' and show others how it can better the community. Sorry, but i hate this race baiting bs on both sides of the table. It sets us ALL back....

“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”

and this does not matter....kids dying each day in Chicago matters...72% of children born without a dad in the picutre matters...50 million on welfare..that matters...

edit on 04pm30pmf0000002014-04-28T18:29:48-05:000648 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on 04pm30pmfu2014-04-28T18:30:27-05:000627 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on 04pm30pmfu2014-04-28T18:30:57-05:000657 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on 04pm30pmfu2014-04-28T18:31:57-05:000657 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Some of you don't seem to realize you are defending racism with these type of deflections.

When a white man says something racist, I don't need you to look for a black equivalent or Vice versa.

What are you hoping to achieve? Do you want people to stop being offended by sterling comments? Sterling is undeniably racist against blacks, there is no grey area where context is up for debate.

Do you guys think you are defending whites or something? Why does seeing someone call out a racist make you go defensive?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: mahatche
Some of you don't seem to realize you are defending racism with these type of deflections.

When a white man says something racist, I don't need you to look for a black equivalent or Vice versa.

What are you hoping to achieve? Do you want people to stop being offended by sterling comments? Sterling is undeniably racist against blacks, there is no grey area where context is up for debate.

Do you guys think you are defending whites or something? Why does seeing someone call out a racist make you go defensive?

Yeah, we've already agreed that everyone is racist and it's in our dna regardless of how nice people can be come Sunday.

Now we're just trying to smear names the best we can ... and it's Sir Charles' turn... he's wrong, entirely wrong. It's nothing even close to a "black" league. Just because the dolphins do tricks at Sea World... don't mean they own the summb i + < h
edit on 28-4-2014 by MikhailBakunin because: BOOM

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Really? No room at all for it to be a simple matter of a dude whose pissed that his mistress is publically flaunting her boyfriends at games in a building he holds the lease on, and that one of those boyfriends has AIDS? I'm not saying STerling is or is not a racist, because I honestly don't know. I don't follow the NBA and only know what I've heard on the radio and on ESPN regarding this, but frankly I heard a guy who is flailing because he feels hurt and threatened. This is very similar to the Micheal Richards debacle to me... when people feel threatened and when people feel hurt, they reach for the thermonuclear devices in their verbal arsenal... doesn't mean they're racists, it means they're humans and they're looking for something verbally powerful enough to make their target go "Oh crap! This is getting heavy."

*Words* don't make a person a racist... actions do. Words are usually worthless throw-aways that *should* be easily brushed aside, and used to be... back when people actually followed "Sticks and stones may break my bones." Unfortunately, in this substance-less digital world where reality is too frequently considered to constitute pixels on a screen, men of words are held in higher esteem than men of actions. Hell, that's even obvious in our elections... saying the right thing far outweighs a track record of actually doing the right thing.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Its a players and fans league. The NBA cannot exist without the players or fans. It can exist without sterling. The majority of the NBA players are black. Therefore it is true statement to say it is a predominantly black league. Probably 80% or something. This is what makes the NBA the NBA, the highest skilled basketball players in the world competing against each other. This is what the fans want to see. This is why it is a big business. So the league is mainly black. One could say most likely the fans are predominantly black, but most likely many black americans, and people the world over are fans of the NBA, so it is that symbiosis of players and fans of the sport that support each other. It is retarded for an owner, who benefits off of this symbiosis, the labor of his workforce, to 'disrespect' them so. He can have his own opinions and views, he can disrespect black people and think they are lesser, but he should also expect this sort of backlash from the nation, if he comes out and says his views, and I guess I should expect people to defend him.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

*Words* don't make a person a racist... actions do.

This is a very interesting philosophical quandary, one I have pondered only slightly. And it is whether the inner world of a persons mind, matters, if they dont 'show' or act on those impulses. For example if you invite me over to dinner, and I am a perfect person in every manner, appearance, well mannered, I smile, im polite, and we have a nice time; but, every single second in my mind I am thinking and yelling deranged thoughts, lude and crude, about your family, and imagining violent ways of destroying and harming your family etc. Am I still a good person? Does this matter? My thoughts?
(DUH this is an exaggerated example, but it is perfect analogy to thinking about the value of the subjective realm, and how 'real' it is, and important)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Really? No room at all for it to be a simple matter of a dude whose pissed that his mistress is publically flaunting her boyfriends at games in a building he holds the lease on, and that one of those boyfriends has AIDS? I'm not saying STerling is or is not a racist, because I honestly don't know. I don't follow the NBA and only know what I've heard on the radio and on ESPN regarding this, but frankly I heard a guy who is flailing because he feels hurt and threatened. This is very similar to the Micheal Richards debacle to me... when people feel threatened and when people feel hurt, they reach for the thermonuclear devices in their verbal arsenal... doesn't mean they're racists, it means they're humans and they're looking for something verbally powerful enough to make their target go "Oh crap! This is getting heavy."

*Words* don't make a person a racist... actions do. Words are usually worthless throw-aways that *should* be easily brushed aside, and used to be... back when people actually followed "Sticks and stones may break my bones." Unfortunately, in this substance-less digital world where reality is too frequently considered to constitute pixels on a screen, men of words are held in higher esteem than men of actions. Hell, that's even obvious in our elections... saying the right thing far outweighs a track record of actually doing the right thing.

Magic Johnson isn't her boyfriend. She took this picture with him cause he's MAGIC JOHNSON. Sterling feels so negatively about blacks that his gold digging mistress can't take a picture with a legendary black man, cause it ruins his reputation. He asks her not to bring blacks to the games, and calls blacks "the enemy". There where also moments in the conversation that implied that they've discussed it before, and he was disappointed in her for not coming around to his views.

I see no reason to believe these aren't his views. He was defending his reputation. Think about that. If it means that much to him, he must fear people holding him accountable for that reputation, and his intention was defending it.
edit on 04pm07pm302014-04-28T19:28:53-05:0007America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ImaFungi
For example if you invite me over to dinner, and I am a perfect person in every manner, appearance, well mannered, I smile, im polite, and we have a nice time; but, every single second in my mind I am thinking and yelling deranged thoughts, lude and crude, about your family, and imagining violent ways of destroying and harming your family etc. Am I still a good person? Does this matter? My thoughts?

(DUH this is an exaggerated example, but it is perfect analogy to thinking about the value of the subjective realm, and how 'real' it is, and important)

I don't disagree with your analogy except when a negative external stimulus is applied. It's similar to a child having a heated argument with their parent or two spouses yelling at each other. When tempers rise, hurtfull things are sometimes said. It doesn't mean that the child that says "I hate you!" to their parent actually hates them and it doesn't mean that a man actually sees his wife as a "bitch", 99% of the time... In other words, at what point is the line drawn between reality and perception? It's amazing to me how racism has become such a ridiculous absolute in the modern world. Say the wrong word once and the court of public opinion will label you as a racist. Evn worse, the more the acused supplicates him or herself, the more blood the media sharks sense in the water. As a result, I honestly believe the only reasonable defense against a claim of racism is a shrug of the shoulders and a nonchallance towards the accusation.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

For example if you invite me over to dinner, and I am a perfect person in every manner, appearance, well mannered, I smile, im polite, and we have a nice time; but, every single second in my mind I am thinking and yelling deranged thoughts, lude and crude, about your family, and imagining violent ways of destroying and harming your family etc. Am I still a good person? Does this matter? My thoughts?

I don't disagree with your analogy except when a negative external stimulus is applied. It's similar to a child having a heated argument with their parent or two spouses yelling at each other. When tempers rise, hurtfull things are sometimes said. It doesn't mean that the child that says "I hate you!" to their parent actually hates them and it doesn't mean that a man actually sees his wife as a "bitch", 99% of the time... In other words, at what point is the line drawn between reality and perception? It's amazing to me how racism has become such a ridiculous absolute in the modern world. Say the wrong word once and the court of public opinion will label you as a racist. Evn worse, the more the acused supplicates him or herself, the more blood the media sharks sense in the water. As a result, I honestly believe the only reasonable defense against a claim of racism is a shrug of the shoulders and a nonchallance towards the accusation.

It's one thing to get into a fight with a black man and say something in a heated exchange. This isn't that though. There where no black men around, it was him shaming his mistress for hurting his reputation. it wasn't him mad at her for sleeping around, he actually tells her he doesn't care who she sleeps with, as long as she doesn't put pics with blacks online. His anger is over his reputation.

edit on 04pm07pm302014-04-28T19:38:26-05:0007America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MikhailBakunin

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: FlyersFan

I have no problem with this. He is not discriminating against anyone, he is just saying the facts.

Larry Bird (whom is white) agrees with him.

Well, I think so," said Bird, the Indiana Pacers' president of basketball operations. "You know, when I played, you had me and Kevin [McHale] and some others throughout the league. I think it's good for a fan base because, as we all know, the majority of the fans are white America. And if you just had a couple of white guys in there, you might get them a little excited. But it is a black man's game, and it will be forever. I mean, the greatest athletes in the world are African-American."

sports.espn.go.com...

A white nba owner allegedly made disparaging remarks about black men, why is it unfair for someone to point out the hypocrisy of that given that the majority of players are black? We shouldn't allow the pc police to make us avoid saying factual things because it might hurt someones feelings.

It can be 100% afro-americans playing and the sport of basketball will still be considered a white man's sport because it was created by white men and the logo is Jerry West, a white man. Black men wearing a white man logo and playing a sport invented by white men.... it works. Throw'em a ball ... better then selling crack and shooting people

U mad bro?

Breh..........who besides ummmmmmm YOU believes basketball is a white man's sport? Be honest with yourself too...

Rock n Roll begun as black music, how many people today realize this?

Also Esau, a black man invented the cell phone, do you count the cell phone as a black thing?
edit on 28-4-2014 by DZAG Wright because: more to add

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MikhailBakuninYou are, like so many others, completely misrepresenting his words.

He didn't say it was a black owned league. He said the league was close to 80% black.

So I ask, once again, what do your claims have to do with this topic?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrInquisitive

a reply to: MrInquisitive

Please, dont include all white people, not all of us are that way.

I'm Caucasian too. In no way did I imply that all whites are this way. What I am saying is that the people who attempt to make this argument about what Barkley said are this way, and I am purdee sure that most all of them are white.
Fair enough, I just wanted to be clear that we were on the same page....
point being... it will never be a black league, idc how many black dudes can dribble and shoot... they're just doing their best white man's impression. Before they saw how a basketball bounces they were busy trying to figure how to bag white man's groceries and getting sprayed with fire hoses.

Byrd saying it's a black man's league is saying that because he's playing media politics... Barkeley's wrong and he should feel privileged we gave his people a chance to entertain white america.

you 'mirin, brah?

OK I see you're either delusional or trolling...

How are black players doing their best impersonation of a white guy? I mean seriously? Was the white guy who invented basketball doing Allen Iverson crossovers or dunking like Michael Jordan?

Stop it before you embarrass yourself slime!

I also noticed you allowing your white hood in the closet to air out with the "before they were dribbling they were bagging groceries and getting hosed. Well...don't stop there...our history didn't begin in Jim Crow America. We also were building pyramids, civilizing those English kings who still slept with farm animals in what they called castles, introducing those Europeans to a thing called bathing, putting a little melanin in those dainty European women (see Italians etc), and having civilizations all over this planet while those with your mentality were nothing more than cave dwelling, mutants.

Please don't embarrass yourself anymore white supremist...

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Oh come on now. This isn't a case of :"say something heated once". Here, maybe you should have a look at this:

finance.yahoo.com...
and this:
bleacherreport.com...

and this:
www.nytimes.com...

The truth is, the real shame here is that the NBA didn't do something about him sooner.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Breh..........who besides ummmmmmm YOU believes basketball is a white man's sport? Be honest with yourself too...

Rock n Roll begun as black music, how many people today realize this?

Also Esau, a black man invented the cell phone, do you count the cell phone as a black thing?

You should avoid responding to messages that includes the phrase "u mad bro". It's usually a good indicator that the person see's themselves as a troll of some sort. They repeat internet memes and offer nothing witty or original. "U mad bro's" typically come from the lowest form of troll.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

a reply to: captaintyinknots

who's signing their checks?

Who owns the banks lebron runs to for his money?

What color are the people who created those fancy cars he drives to the bank?

Who's making money off of Lebron's name for simply using his natural abilities?

I'd be hard pressed to find the answer to any of these answers that own this black man's world to be an afro-merican

Well just remember that everything in this world is circular, the white man maybe on top at the moment, but in the grand scheme of things it's a mere drop in time.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

a reply to: MikhailBakunin

I get it. You think the white man runs the world (and they probably do). What, in the hell, does that have to do with this topic?

The topic of barkeley saying it's a black league? When none of it is? It's pretty much a factory of using black man's abilities to make money off of their natural abilities and as soon as they can't run fast, jump high, or dribble a ball down the court with the younger guys they're thrown to the curb... (most of'em bankrupt) .... rinse and repeat... same process that happens to cow's in the slaughter house... owners bringing in the new and kicking out the old....

kinda sad actually.... same thing with the NFL

Exactly how much money are YOU getting from this factory? Do these wash and repeat athletes not have more money and status than you?

I get it, you and your fellow white sheet fashion models have created this rationale to make you feel better about those black guys getting all this money for playing a game. Having all this fame and living the life most of us can only dream of.

So even if the owners are white and richer...lol...the players still live a better life than the majority of everyone else.

Now how sad is that...

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Its a players and fans league. The NBA cannot exist without the players or fans. It can exist without sterling. The majority of the NBA players are black. Therefore it is true statement to say it is a predominantly black league. Probably 80% or something. This is what makes the NBA the NBA, the highest skilled basketball players in the world competing against each other. This is what the fans want to see. This is why it is a big business. So the league is mainly black. One could say most likely the fans are predominantly black, but most likely many black americans, and people the world over are fans of the NBA, so it is that symbiosis of players and fans of the sport that support each other. It is retarded for an owner, who benefits off of this symbiosis, the labor of his workforce, to 'disrespect' them so. He can have his own opinions and views, he can disrespect black people and think they are lesser, but he should also expect this sort of backlash from the nation, if he comes out and says his views, and I guess I should expect people to defend him.

Thanks for this, I didn't even bother going this deep. I'm sure that troll won't respond anymore.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
The NHL is a white league and the NBA is a black league, racist or not thats the way it is.

I am white and my girlfriend is black, so I tested her and just told her the NHL is a white league, her response was "i know, crazy eh?"

Not what you would expect, right?

So all I'm trying to say is, its the way you interpret it, him sayin they are a black league is racist to a certain extent, because only a certain amount of people give a $#!7 about what he said.

Just like not all the black people in the world would care if i called the NHL a white league, black people like my girlfriend and millions of other Africans.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

"crappy parents " sorry but if one cannot see the "phycotic behaviour" being displayed by this 9 year old,,
AND THEY charge the Daycare Worker?????????

Then why the wow when this child pulls a gun , and takes out his classroom???

sorry just not seeing color at all here.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join