It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

19 Year Old Woman Shot to Death in Rural Northern Kentucky

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

When a drunk driver changes your life forever then you would understand the hatred toward them.
I have, already, and I see the problem being that it is all just monetary and in the civil venue rather than properly taken to criminal action.
I do not see the solution being a judge dread attitude of no law but the gun.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: jmdewey60

You are entitled to your opinion and I respect it.

I have seen a similar case where video caputred an officer stepping in front of a car and shooting. His defense was they were trying to hit him. It didn't fly in court and he lost. I will try to find the article.

I am interested to see where this goes. I do have a feeling he will be found not guilty of an wrongdoing though. That will be an issue IMO.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
This will just keep happening again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again.
edit on 1-5-2014 by BlastedCaddy because: And*

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
There were multiple witnesses stating this, not only the KIDS in the car, but people (who weren't at the party, BTW) who were across the street.

This is a 19 year old girl, just finishing up her freshman year of college. The LEO could have made MANY other choices than to pump FOUR slugs into her, killing her.

That's what my beef is with this story. Well that, and the fact that the shooting wasn't captured on the dash cam. There's approximately 20 seconds missing. Wonder why?

Do they think the family and general public is really that ignorant?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bleeeargh I haven't given up on the notion that there are still good cops out there..

i have. in instances like this they consistently close ranks, fabricate evidence and lie to save their own necks. they are out of control. all fully supported by the government.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bleeeargh
I have lived in this county for 35 years. I have raised three of my own children here and in the process have come to know many of the active and past deputies of the Boone County Sheriff's Department. This sheriff is a class act. He stands for the rights of the citizens of my county, my commonwealth and my nation. He is a vocal supporter of the second amendment and since I know him personally I can say I consider him to be one of the better examples of leadership in law enforcement I have ever heard of. He holds his deputies to very high standards and if this turns out to be the fault of this deputy I know that the truth will come out and justice will be served.

So far, what you have said seems to be true. The fact that he asked KSP to investigate the shooting, rather than his own office, in order to make sure there was NO favoritism, etc. speaks volumes. Too bad KSP denied their request, stating protocol, but will do what ever they can to support Boone County's investigation. Someone commented at the bottom of Channel 5's latest article that they should ask the Kentucky Bureau of Investigation to take the lead...Sounds like an even better idea than the KSP, IMHO.

Thank you for sharing your very local view of the situation. It's crazy as nothing like this has ever happened before, I mean the cops shooting a 19 year old girl. Officer involved shootings happen in Cincinnati proper occasionally, but not usually in the suburbs or in NKY. It's just crazy and I hope they get to the bottom of things and the real truth comes out, regardless.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz

originally posted by: Bleeeargh I haven't given up on the notion that there are still good cops out there..

i have. in instances like this they consistently close ranks, fabricate evidence and lie to save their own necks. they are out of control. all fully supported by the government.

I'd just like to know what happened to that 20 seconds of video that is missing...Do they have it and didn't release it to the media due to the nature of its contents or?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

Wow! I really appreciate your honest and intelligent reply!! You are exactly right! This is tragic for everyone involved!
Thank you for your courageous service! I am so sad for the families of both the girl and the officer! You are right, lives are changed forever.

Pax

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

I truly am very sorry for your loss and i dont presume to know the hell you are and went through. I just don't understand how you think having another family go through what you went through is going to benefit you....

I hope in time you can forgive and let some of that hatred go. It will eat you alive...This was a tragic mistake that did not have to be. 19 is barely old enough to set their own alarm clock!! 19 is not the same 19 we were 20 years ago.

Just such a sad story.......

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Here is a little different perspective, maybe this girl was driving because SHE was the one NOT intoxicated and she was designated driver. Then she continued to move forward perhaps to stop on the side of the road in order not to be sitting in middle of road blocking traffic!!

This is just so damn upsetting!! I am not about the blame game, lives were shattered because of tragic mistakes!!
i cannot help think this could have been my 18 yr. old daughter! She doesn't drink because she doesn't get the whole idea of an altered state being a good thing!! her father and i do but only socially...she just hates drinking!

she would have offered to drive people home who were drunk not to avoid the cops but for their own safety. Kids with others in cars get distracted. Imagine this you are young not drinking taking care of some one who is and the people who are drunk in the back seat are all cutting up, laughing and shouting at you at the same time what you need to do

one says, just drive....
another says, pull over on side of road
another one says NO!!!

She was rattled and panicked most likely just from inexperience. The cop was wrong and did not know what to do!
To say his life was threatened is a gross over statement......I dont know why he did this!! There needs to be an investigation!!

Such a tragic story....

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
a reply to: Mikeultra

Seriously not defending the deputies actions but if he had blocked cars from leaving he would be violating peoples 4th ammendment rights (please spare me form the "cops do that all the time" remarks). That would of been a mistake too.

He should of got in his car and followed in an attempt to conduct another traffic stop. If she continued to elude, either (depending on department policy) pursue/stop stick or run the tag and perform a follow up investigation, filing charges if sufficent evidence was produced.

Seriously? You want me to believe that a cop who shot a girl 4 times in the face point blank, is concerned with violating a citizens 4th Amendment rights? What probable cause did he have to order her to stop? All the abuses of power that cops do every day, and you use the argument that blocking a driveway violates our 4th Amendment?

Since you admit to being a cop and you see the wrong in this shooting, would you still have that opinion if you were on the same force as this lunatic? You know the blue wall of silence? Why is there no audio on the 46 minutes dash-cam video? What's being hidden? Why did he let the 1st car leave no problem?

This cop messed up big time and I hope he goes to prison where he can experience hell on earth, before he goes to hell where he belongs. Keep on killing people. It's going to blow back eventually one day.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Drinking laws today are just ludicrousness and arbitrarily restrictive.

I agree. You should not be allowed to drive at all after consuming any amount of alcohol for at least one hour.

It works for swimming and eating....

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: totallackey

Drinking laws today are just ludicrousness and arbitrarily restrictive.

I agree. You should not be allowed to drive at all after consuming any amount of alcohol for at least one hour.

It works for swimming and eating....

I appreciate your posts. I also feel driving under the influence (of anything) is an important topic but, as of yet, it has nothing to do with the Samantha Ramsey case. So, it'd be great if we could keep the focus on what we do know about the incident and subsequent investigation. Thanks.

edit on 1-5-2014 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Notice this homicidal cop doesn't have the motto "To Protect and Serve" on his cruiser. Soon these lunatic cops will be scoring the numbers of murdered citizens on their fenders, like they do in the military for their kills. How many murdered citizens will it take to become an "ace"? I want to know where his K-9 partner was and why there's no audio on the dash-cam video. This killer was rejected by the U.S. Marine Corp. Could it possibly be for being a homicidal maniac?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Having viewed the video tape, and looked at what is being reported, the following can be stated:

This ultimately is going to come down to the fine point if the vehicle was moving or not. If the vehicle was not moving, then the officer is guilty of murder, make no mistake on that part. If the vehicle was moving, then they will find for the officer.

And if I was sitting in the courtroom for that trial, on the jury, I would also have the question about the medical condition of the deputy who pulled the trigger. After all if he was hit by the vehicle, there should be some sort of evidence on him, like say bruising or worse, and that would prove his point that he was hit.

The sad part is that the video tape did not catch what happened, and this is going to be a sore point in this town for a long time.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
There are a number of things bothering about this incident and the responses to it:

1) Where was the officer's backup? From reading the articles, it appears that he did not request backup until after he fired. Why wasn't backup requested as soon as the officer determined she was going to attempt to evade? If he was going to a gathering of people, why attempt to do so solo?

2) The officer should have attempted to diffuse the situation. He escalates the situation instead. Trying to get in front of a moving vehicle is not even close to diffusing. Even more so if he is the only officer there, which seems to be the case. He endangered not only himself, but everyone present.

3) Why in the world did he fire? My reason for asking is due not to the common " she didn't deserve to die" rhetoric in this thread, but rather the other aspect that, to my surprise, isn't being brought up. There were three other people in that car. LEO are notorious for being inaccurate with their shot placement in a high stress situation, and while I am not going to look up the statistics at the moment, I do know it is to the extent that more rounds land off rather than on. It can only be that much worse if the officer, as he says, just got hit by the car and now is rolling around on the hood. Why would he endanger 3 innocent people? He was wreckless at the least.

4) For those saying that she knew he was telling her to stop, maybe she didn't. He shines his flashlight directly at her face. Flashlights have come a long way from the standard issue Maglights of ten years ago. I actually collect flashlights, and have a number of LEO grade. Flashlights these days will flat out blind you. One quick pass over you face, and your vision may be impaired for the next fifteen minutes. Many are marketed as stun devices and cause disorientation that can be similar to a flash bang. she had just seen him slow other cars to go, then gets hit in the eyes with a flashlight beam. it is possible she thought he was waving her on. I know I have been hit in the eyes with the flashlight beam from an officer directing traffic before. I'm not saying it happened, but it is possible.

New member here, long time reader though. I had to join because these things are really bothering me.
edit on 1-5-2014 by cvsctats because: ats isn't playing nice with my phone

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: cvsctats
Hello and welcome to ATS. I just found the report that this lying killer cop wrote, and I'm sure it will add many more things that you don't like about this cold blooded murderer.
www.cincinnati.com...

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: cvsctats
There are a number of things bothering about this incident and the responses to it:

1) Where was the officer's backup? From reading the articles, it appears that he did not request backup until after he fired. Why wasn't backup requested as soon as the officer determined she was going to attempt to evade? If he was going to a gathering of people, why attempt to do so solo?...

Apparently, some were on their way, already, as he'd called for reinforcements before the encounter with the victim.

2) The officer should have attempted to diffuse the situation. He escalates the situation instead. Trying to get in front of a moving vehicle is not even close to diffusing. Even more so if he is the only officer there, which seems to be the case. He endangered not only himself, but everyone present. ...

According to his statement - she turned left (toward him)...
I do agree with you, though... He was moving toward the car...which is why any bit of swerve could have been counted "aggressive" behavior.

...3) Why in the world did he fire? ... There were three other people in that car. ... He was wreckless at the least.

Agreed, again.

...4) For those saying that she knew he was telling her to stop, maybe she didn't. He shines his flashlight directly at her face. Flashlights have come a long way from the standard issue Maglights of ten years ago. I actually collect flashlights, and have a number of LEO grade. Flashlights these days will flat out blind you. One quick pass over you face, and your vision may be impaired for the next fifteen minutes. Many are marketed as stun devices and cause disorientation that can be similar to a flash bang. she had just seen him slow other cars to go, then gets hit in the eyes with a flashlight beam. it is possible she thought he was waving her on. I know I have been hit in the eyes with the flashlight beam from an officer directing traffic before. I'm not saying it happened, but it is possible.

Absolutely correct. I had an LEO grade maglight 20 years ago - and, as you say - Night - That light hits you in the eyes, and your vision is impaired for significantly more than the 3-5 seconds it took him to get 'hit' by the car.

... New member here, long time reader though. I had to join because these things are really bothering me.

Welcome!
Some fairly sane thoughts and comments...to this lunatic.

Oh - by the way... I am not doubting that, once on the hood of the car...he was fearing for his life. But - how is it that, immediately after -but not before- shooting her, he was able to slide off the car...?
Sounds like something more than survival response was going on, here.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   
i was going to post this and as i suspected already posted and cop haters calling him a liar.

there is also a recording of the radio call he made for help out, it was made right when he fell from the car and you can hear him ordering the others to stay where they were. now if he was lying, he was pretty damn quick on his feet to be able to think something up while containing the others and while calling for help.

Boone County shooting radio traffic

there's also this little tid bit.if you recall i mentioned in one of my earlier posts that i suspected that one of the passengers was egging her on. turns out i was wrong looks like he was in the front seat.

On the night Ramsey was killed, one of the three passengers in her car had a warrant for his arrest in Kenton County. Tevin Harmon was wanted for not appearing to answer to a charge of criminal trespassing at his estranged girlfriend's apartment April 10 in Covington. She had filed domestic violence charges against Harmon.

A second warrant was issued for Harmon Tuesday when he failed to appear in Kenton District Court on charges of possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia

197 45 Boone Co. deputy in fatal shooting feared for his life

so it turns out that she had a guy that was wanted for failure to appear, with a drug drug charge on top of that, which as of Tuesday he had a warrant issued for that charge. he had to be sitting in the front seat beside her. if you remember that Chelsey Pendleton the other girl and Bobby Turner the other guy in the car said they were in the back.

now if you look at the deputy's statement, he said she kept looking the other way, i bet she was looking and listening to Harmon. and he got her to keep on going.

now the reason why i said that while i was doing the screen shots i found this. thought it was kinda funny until i read this article. i got it from the raw dash cam footage not the edited ones.

did you see the second person coming from the left side where the smoke is? did it seem strange to anyone that he just kept on walking past the road, beat feetin it to the bushes and disappeared, while his friend lay dead just a few short feet away? the others couldn't make, why did he go there? i kinda got a feeling that he went to give someone or stash his weed. i searched through the rest of the video and not sure if he ever showed back up it's kinda hard to tell. i saw someone a couple of times that looked like he had on the same kinda clothes. and don't any one say it was the other party goer's, no else come from that side during this time frame except the next deputy.

now we have two reasons why she might have tried to flee, one is she was more than likely under the influence, not just alcohol, but weed also, remember the deputy's report said she looked at him in a lethargic way, and had glassy ,watery eyes. what does that say to you? i remember back in the good old days, i caught hell every time i came home looking like that.even my ex use to give me hell.
then he says,she slowed down and sped up and she kept looking back at the road, not once but three times. also if you look at my earlier posts i said she all but stopped. i say that she was looking at Harmon.

i bet once they get these kids in a room by themselves, and the toxicology report the real story is gonna come out.

edit on 2-5-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
i was going to post this and as i suspected already posted and cop haters calling him a liar.

there is also a recording of the radio call he made for help out, it was made right when he fell from the car and you can hear him ordering the others to stay where they were. now if he was lying, he was pretty damn quick on his feet to be able to think something up while containing the others and while calling for help.

Boone County shooting radio traffic

there's also this little tid bit.if you recall i mentioned in one of my earlier posts that i suspected that one of the passengers was egging her on. turns out i was wrong looks like he was in the front seat.

On the night Ramsey was killed, one of the three passengers in her car had a warrant for his arrest in Kenton County. Tevin Harmon was wanted for not appearing to answer to a charge of criminal trespassing at his estranged girlfriend's apartment April 10 in Covington. She had filed domestic violence charges against Harmon.

A second warrant was issued for Harmon Tuesday when he failed to appear in Kenton District Court on charges of possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia

197 45 Boone Co. deputy in fatal shooting feared for his life

so it turns out that she had a guy that was wanted for failure to appear, with a drug drug charge on top of that, which as of Tuesday he had a warrant issued for that charge. he had to be sitting in the front seat beside her. if you remember that Chelsey Pendleton the other girl and Bobby Turner the other guy in the car said they were in the back.

now if you look at the deputy's statement, he said she kept looking the other way, i bet she was looking and listening to Harmon. and he got her to keep on going.

now the reason why i said that while i was doing the screen shots i found this. thought it was kinda funny until i read this article. i got it from the raw dash cam footage not the edited ones.

did you see the second person coming from the left side where the smoke is? did it seem strange to anyone that he just kept on walking past the road, beat feetin it to the bushes and disappeared, while his friend lay dead just a few short feet away? the others couldn't make, why did he go there? i kinda got a feeling that he went to give someone or stash his weed. i searched through the rest of the video and not sure if he ever showed back up it's kinda hard to tell. i saw someone a couple of times that looked like he had on the same kinda clothes. and don't any one say it was the other party goer's, no else come from that side during this time frame except the next deputy.

now we have two reasons why she might have tried to flee, one is she was more than likely under the influence, not just alcohol, but weed also, remember the deputy's report said she looked at him in a lethargic way, and had glassy ,watery eyes. what does that say to you? i remember back in the good old days, i caught hell every time i came home looking like that.even my ex use to give me hell.
then he says,she slowed down and sped up and she kept looking back at the road, not once but three times. also if you look at my earlier posts i said she all but stopped. i say that she was looking at Harmon.

i bet once they get these kids in a room by themselves, and the toxicology report the real story is gonna come out.

Blah,blah, blah detective. It still don't change the fact this rambo reject IS NOT the judge,jury or fricking executioner. If the lass had Bin laden sitting in the car with her.....so what. His DUTY is to bring these at large fugitives (sarcasm yes) into custody,process em & bring before the courts. What he done was akin to a " death squad " . Again try & empathise a bit pal but if not possible & you insist on digging for sh*t look into " trigger happy timmy's " childhood history.....bet my house he was a loner , high school weird dude who never got invited to party & these sort of dispatches woody him up as he gets " to show 'em now who the losers are ".

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join