It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

19 Year Old Woman Shot to Death in Rural Northern Kentucky

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

i wonder if there turns out to be dash cam video or proven that she indeed aim the car at the deputy, how many will be still saying he shouldn't have shot her.

Even IF he was in front, in line with her path

He could just move to the side. He wasn't pursuing a person who just committed a murder or bank robbery. Kid's partying, as it has been for decades.

she was running cause she was about to get her second DUI and knew it, and in most states that means jail time. i can see her trying to run him over, i can see her flying down roads drunk endangering herself and passengers, and other driving down the highway.

from the op article, apast DUI for her.

Records show Ramsey was arrested as an 18-year-old in Lakeside Park in April of last year on a DUI charge. She was taken to the Kenton County Detention Center in that incident, where she was processed and jailed.

and he had every right if he felt she was trying to run him over and endangering others to shoot her.
edit on 28-4-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Why didn't the police just block the road out before entering so no one can 'escape'.

Hopefully enough will come out to show the truth. I used to think the police were mostly truthful in their actions and story, now I feel it has reversed. We see telling lies to cover up events every day. Sorry state it has become.

edit:

Cop slammed by car and still can reposition and put 4 shots into a person driving a speeding away car? Sure.
edit on 4/28/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Not familiar with the exact details but it appears, on the surface, to be first-degree murder.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Why didn't the police just block the road out before entering so no one can 'escape'.

Hopefully enough will come out to show the truth. I used to think the police were mostly truthful in their actions and story, now I feel it has reversed. We see telling lies to cover up events every day. Sorry state it has become.

edit:

Cop slammed by car and still can reposition and put 4 shots into a person driving a speeding away car? Sure.

don't you ever watch cops or other wildest police videos, they show some cops preforming super human feats, and some even getting up and shooting, back after being shot and some even being hit by other cars get right up and do their jobs. not hard to believe at all. amazing yes, but to doubt it has ever happened or couldn't please stop pretending to not be able to believe that.

and i get the impression that the road was block and that the tried to squeeze thru, this again from someone in the back seat covering a@@.

"We saw three cars, so we thought we could go past," said Bobby Turner, who was the backseat passenger behind Ramsey when she was shot. "The officer was talking to somebody else. We was listening to music in the car. We didn't know the police was talking to us. I didn't hear him. I just saw him jump on the hood and start shooting. I didn't see him withdraw his gun, that's how quick it was."

not hard to put two and two together here. just got to go back to my hell raising days and i can see it all now.
sometimes fun can cause you a lot of trouble, and even cost you your life if you make bad decisions.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

I didn't read through the media reports of this story but just wanted address your comment. 160+ kids drinking, doing drugs, having sex???? LMAO! In a rural town where kids tend to grow up pretty fast that's a recipe for disaster. And I'm sure in small rural towns A LOT of parents have your "that's what kids do" attitude. Which makes this whole situation even worse. It is AGAINST THE LAW for anyone under the age of 21 to be consuming alcohol PERIOD! If you or any other parent doesn't like that law then you should change it. Vote, write your Congresss people, stand out with signs for the right for your under 21 year olds to drink and party. Kids are messed up nowadays because their parents have this laissez faire attitude that "oh that's what kids do". No not only is that NOT what all kids do it's not even what a majority of kids in other countries do where laws are even more lax regarding drinking. American kids seem to be the king and queens of binge drinking, keg stands, and beer bongs!!!!! Yeah we get these rural kids don't have "much to do". Most of their parents probably don't have "much to do" either hence why their progeny are out partying in 160+ field parties. 160+ kids I'm sure there is likely to be everything I mentioned above plus some violence. In rural KY you don't think a handful of these teens are probably carrying weapons as well? Scared or not. This girl was 19 years old. For her to get in her car and start driving through whatever and hit a cop shows her utter immaturity and irresponsibility. You want teenagers to drink because that's "what they do" fine. But they sure as better be able to handle their alcohol and face the consequences of LE when they are sent to do their job.

I don't mean to harp on you personally. But I get sick of people bashing cops all the time. In as well armed and crazy of a society as we live in not all cops are bad people and they have a pretty dangerous job. Some drunk 19 year old who is behind the wheel of a car isn't exactly innocent.

edit on 28-4-2014 by GreenMtnBoys because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Oh and it looks like little miss Ramsey already had a drinking problem when she was convicted of a DUI last April. I mean come on!!!! If how this story is being reported is actually what happened it's tragic. But I don't blame the officer. People are idiots. Yeah he's just been hit by a crazed drunken teenager is on the hood of her car and he's going to reach over and shoot the tire? LMAO! People are really dumb. The mother I feel for her loss. But again….what the hell is her daughter doing at ANY PARTY around ANY and ALL alcohol when she has a conviction of DUI?????? And we wonder why 160+ bored "kids" are partying in a field in rural Kentucky.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Police seemed to have decided killing people is the normal response when anything out of the ordinary in their opinion happens. Many agree with the police stance. Maybe he is right but it doesn't sound like a car flying toward a cop. Sounded like some slow moving traffic.

We will get what we allow in the long run.

edit on 4/28/2014 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

Yeah right. Did you even read the article in the OP's post? The girl was already convicted of a DUI. Chances are she was probably drinking at the party and was driving under the influence again. What do you expect a cop to do? Put yourself in his situation? He might have a family he wants to make it home to that night. Some crazy girl decides she's above the law and is going to try to sneak out around the sobriety test so she won't get in trouble. But yeah let's lay the blame at the feet of a 28 year old cop who just almost got ran over! LOL. WTF?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

even moving at slow speeds a car running over you can kill you.
if the dash cams show her striking him then,his actions were justified.

if not then he needs to answer, my gut tells me she was trying to flee and avoid a second DUI, which is a very awful experience, been there,done that. i don't know about kentucky laws, but here in florida just about one of the worst hoop ridden systems there is.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenMtnBoys

The girl was already convicted of a DUI.

No fooling?

Why, she's regular target practise...

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bleeeargh
This story strikes home with me in more ways than one. I live 10 minutes from the scene of this incident and my wife used to work with this young woman's mother. I refuse to jump to conclusions here and will wait until more information comes out before deciding who I think was guilty. I refuse to condemn or make excuses for either party.
I too am horrified by the current state of relations between LEO and regular citizens all over this beautiful country of ours. Far too many incidents like this one are making headlines. Unarmed individual being beaten, tasered, shot to death. Doors being kicked in on the wrong houses and the residents inside being treated less than human with no apologies given once it is realized that the cops were in the wrong. I hope this case does not turn out to be another of these. If it does I fully expect our Sheriff to step forward and bring his own deputy to justice.
I cannot speak for all of the other LEO in the US. I can only speak to what I know personally. I have lived in this county for 35 years. I have raised three of my own children here and in the process have come to know many of the active and past deputies of the Boone County Sheriff's Department. This sheriff is a class act. He stands for the rights of the citizens of my county, my commonwealth and my nation. He is a vocal supporter of the second amendment and since I know him personally I can say I consider him to be one of the better examples of leadership in law enforcement I have ever heard of. He holds his deputies to very high standards and if this turns out to be the fault of this deputy I know that the truth will come out and justice will be served.
Until we have the whole story I expect everyone to remember this poor girl's family and friends. There is a tremendous loss here whether this was an egregious act on the part of a member of law enforcement, or the panicked reaction on the part of a scared young woman. Please keep everyone involved in your thoughts. I haven't given up on the notion that there are still good cops out there. Even if this turns out to be a justified shooting I have a hard time believing this deputy wont spend the rest of his life haunted by this night.

This is good to hear in the times we live in.
Sometimes all it takes is for one good man to do his duty.
If you put this much faith in this man then I believe justice will be served.

edit on 28-4-2014 by grayghost because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

Oh please…..point is she's not some innocent little teenager. She is 19 years old a convicted drunk driver. So until the story bears out in detail it's a tragic situation all around. As a cop I sure as hell am going to do what I have to do to save my life and get back home to whatever family I have to protect and care for if my life is threatened. Was his life actually threatened? Who know. But that is why you don't run from cops especially for something as silly as drinking and partying. But driving under the influence is not silly.

Let me ask you a question……….would you feel the same way if little Ms. Ramsey would have ran over your kid or killed your wife in a drunk driving accident a year ago in April when she was convicted?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It would be good to process the information you read properly:

ohnson was one of about 160 people who blocked River Road just west of Tanner Road for about an hour Sunday night as they gathered to remember their Ramsey,

160 kids are gathered AFTER her death. Dozens of young people were at the party.

An hour later, Ramsey, 19, of Covington was shot and killed by a Boone County Sheriff's deputy early Saturday in a chaotic scene. Deputies were responding as dozens of young people were trying to leave a field party in the 6000 block of River Road.

Deputies (plural) were responding - which one would assume means a call/complaint had come in.

What little information has come forth is already being misrepresented and twisted, yet people seem pretty sure the cops are guilty of misconduct in this case.
The 'witness' across the street could have been a party-goer who decided to leave on foot for all we know right now.

Sure, there's way to much cop abuse, but I'd rather wait for a little more information before cop-bashing and looking at it from only one side of the equation.

edit on 100000011America/Chicago301 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Im sorry if you disagree but
with all the examples of police brutality these days i am surprised you are siding with th e police in this. Also i do not think all of the witneses are all lying either. I also bet you the cops car was not in view of the cam on his dashboard. I have seen some park with their cams not pointing in their directions.

As for the car. Do you know if she had a death grip on the shifter/selector in her car? if she did it is possible that it could a shifted into gear. i assume her car is a automatic. if its a stick shift needing foot action to shift you may have a point.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenMtnBoys

She may not have been a kid,but does that give him the right to immediatly shoot and not even try to get her to stop? Also we all know how police like to stick together with the blue wall of silence. Also if th ecop was to the side of the vehicle and she was going foward and not toward him he had to jump in the way instead of being smart going to the drivers side window and removing her instead.Just because you are a cop dont make you judge dredd.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie...what was he supposed to do, let someone who tired to use a vehicle as a weapon, and run him over or kill him, continue on and maybe down the road hit or force someone else off the road and maybe KILL THEM.

what would you be saying then.

I was thinking that this might be a quasi-justifiable excuse, as well...
But - if you think it through - it would be an IDIOTIC response...BeCause...who's going to stop/control the vehicle, after the driver is dead? How will killing the driver minimize the potential/perceived menace if indeed, the car is speeding/accelerating?
Could very well have caused her to pull the steering wheel into other cars that had 'obediently' stopped for their sobriety (or whatever) test/s.

Just saying.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I used to avoid these things because I worked second shift and had to go up the highway to the next town, to go home at night.
I learned to spot indications ahead of time that they were running a stop, then turn off onto a side road.
I would get followed some times but luckily they never shot at my car.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Didn't see anyone post a link to the dashcam video, so here you go (plus another story from the local NBC station):

Dash Cam Video

There are plenty of witnesses that say the LEO's story is bull#. The video doesn't show the actual incident, though, so it's hard to say exactly what happened, but having had the cops roll up on parties I was at in high school plenty of times, kids trying to speed away from the cops isn't exactly an unforeseen, isolated incident.

The cop obviously overreacted, as it appears in the video that her car was not going very fast at all, and the cop seems to have had myriad other options before using deadly force. I never thought this # would happen in my own backyard, but here you have it. It's pretty damn pathetic, and I have just lost even more respect for some of the sheriff deputies in Boone County, KY (my neighbor is divorced from one who used to beat her and call her mixed-race son from another marriage the "N" word all the time--pathetic POS).

Don't get me wrong, there are good ones on the force, but obviously the bad ones ruin it all for everyone.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
well it's hard to say, but i can tell you that one of the passengers was lying.

here is his statement.

"We saw three cars, so we thought we could go past," said Bobby Turner, who was the backseat passenger behind Ramsey when she was shot. "The officer was talking to somebody else. We was listening to music in the car. We didn't know the police was talking to us. I didn't hear him. I just saw him jump on the hood and start shooting. I didn't see him withdraw his gun, that's how quick it was."

if you watch the second video
did anyone see three cars? yes the cop was talking to someone else, but starting at 02:13:02 he shined his flashlight in her face and you see her looking right at him as he moves towards her car, up until they are out of sight at 02:13:08. there is no way she didn't know he was trying to stop them, and if you look close enough you see people moving around in the back seat. watch it a few times you can't miss it, you see her white face plain as day at 02:13:04 to 02:13:06, looking right at him.

she saw the cop knew he was trying to stop her and so did everyone in the car. i bet the cop stepped in front of the car trying to stop her and she kept on going.
edit on 29-4-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

ETA: just wanted to add that before he shines his flashlight at her car did you notice the expression he has on his face while he is talking to someone. looks as if he is smiling to me far from being a menacing killer. actully being quite cordial.
edit on 29-4-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Lets see here:

He steps aside and lets her go. A mile down the road she hits and kills a pedestrian. HE's in trouble.
He gets run over. HE's hurt/killed.
He shoots her. HE's in trouble.
Not exactly a good choice of options.

You guys amaze me:
If someone come beating on your front door who do you call?

Maybe all you police bashing experts out there should sign up for the academy.
Show us how it should be done.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join