It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Severe Weather Outbreaks 2014

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality
Sister
and in NW Atlanta.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

Hey no problem, in another life id be a meteorologist. But time has its bearings regardless I will do what I love no matter the cost. I'm studying so that I can be a meteorologist, but I fear I got to go where the money takes me being 25 never the less I will help people as much as I can.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity
Im sorry I don't know why I read (sex) into avatar must be psychological. I will post shortly with your relevant info but it is similar if not identical to DES give or take 30 to 45 mins but that time may be critical.

ill be back shortly, anybody with questions or concern pm me your area and ill pm you accurate info ( for security reasons)

I love you ATS

heres one for you

edit on 28-4-2014 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

You are quite talented.

I'm sure you will do well in what ever you decide to do.

Glad you are here. This thread needed you! My head was spinning
Way to much to keep up with.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Des ~ it looks like a big storm is headed right towards you. I think it may be time to get the pets in and hunker down.

Tech ~ can you confirm? You are much better than this than I am.

Dahlonega, GA

UPDATE: It's getting closer (both directions). HURRY!

UPDATE 2: Looks like it's backing away. Within 5 minutes, winds went from 3mph to 6mph then to 1mph, back at 5mph now.
edit on 28-4-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I think they've lifted our tornado watch. Seems to be settling down...for now. Thank goodness.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
asa reply to: ~Lucidity

No wait. Im not near a computer and have been drinking but my earlier analysis of the models says otherwise please hold on to this observation until I can confirm 10 to 20 mins

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
I think they've lifted our tornado watch. Seems to be settling down...for now. Thank goodness.

Good for you! I'm in heavy blowing rain, thunder right now, lights flickering and lines popping. I'm so glad I have multiple UPS setups for computers.

Hope you are through the worst...

Des

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

DES, LUCIDITY !

This is not true, the previouse watch was expecting isolated super cells devolping ahead of the main MCS filled with super cells once again these should come through between 9pm and 3am by model data ( these are rotating super cells expected over night the most dangerous kind) BE ALERT

www.srh.noaa.gov...

DES you are still under a tornado watch, LUC you will be soon.

per nws

AVIATION...
00Z UPDATE...
CLUSTER OF STORMS CONTINUES TO THE NE TOWARDS ATL. STORMS SHOULD
IMPACT THE AIRPORT BETWEEN NOW AND 01Z. MAIN LINE OF STORMS SHOULD
IMPACT THE CWFA OVERNIGHT...MAINLY AFTER MIDNIGHT. HI-RES MODELS
DO SHOW A WEAKENING LINE IMPACTING THE AIRPORT BETWEEN 07Z AND 09Z
TONIGHT. THERE COULD BE A SLIGHT BREAK AFTER THE INITIAL LINE MOVES
THROUGH OVERNIGHT...BUT TUESDAY WILL BE ANOTHER ACTIVE WEATHER
DAY WITH VSBYS/CIGS IMPACTED BY WIDESPREAD THUNDERSTORMS.

//ATL CONFIDENCE...00Z UPDATE...
MEDIUM CONFIDENCE ALL ELEMENTS

do not let your guard down! these storms will impact you in the next 3 - 10 hr frame new data streaming in will update

stay safe

I love you

( my best friend Richard his mom died yesterday in Arkansas severe weather) Im talking to him now, this is a very dangerous situation do not let your guard down until your dew points fall into the 40's

I love you ricky

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I'm so sorry to hear that about your friend. Thanks so much for all the work you have put into this thread, it's been a huge help to everyone.
edit on 4/28/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality Thank you! it's kind of weird that the watch was actually lifted on local stations but not by NOAA. Appreciate the heads up and love you too.

So very sorry about your friend's mother. That really brings it closer to home, doesn't it? Heartbreaking.
edit on 4/28/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

My heart goes out to you and your best friend on his loss of his dear mother.

Thanks for the update. It's starting to degrade up here. Intermittent hard blowing sheeting rain, then absolute dead calm. In cycles. I see this as the wind-up period.

Everyone, and Lucidity..stay safe.

Des

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I cant believe im crying this is madness I never thought Id be in this position. Im doing my best but its not good enough my friend asked me why, he was talking to me yesterday. i love music im trying to focus this to an emotion, what can i say to him? Please be safe ats, death is real F* real life this is real life, i hope you know before it touches you.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I'm so sorry Tech.

Thoughts & prayers go out to you, Richard and his family.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

Im hurt but i feel like like a failure like my attention is drawn towards things it shouldn't be. I love rick he's a good guy better than ill ever be. This touches home.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

You are far from a failure. You did a LOT to keep quite a few people safe last night and today. That definitely is not failing.

We can only do so much, and you have done more than your share.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Latest nam hi res. Georgia 4am give or take

strong cells moving through this represents a night time tornado threat i am not concerned with NWS WORDING please be prepared the whole state and even northern Florida could be at risk. Take head watch radar, i have work tomorrow and would love to stay up all night but im not sure i can.

Heres the model 00utc Nam hi res showing 09utc/4am

mag.ncep.noaa.gov... aram=sim_reflectivity&fhr=009&group=Model+Guidance&imageSize=&preselected_formatted_cycle_date=20140429+00+UTC&ps=area&scrollx=0&scrolly=0

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
You are NOT a failure Tech. Far from it. You have devoted so much of your time helping all of us in this thread. I even have copied and pasted your reports for my areas to neighbors and locals, who are part of the volunteer emergency team up here.

You have helped many, many, more to be prepared, than you know. I know you feel hurt and sadness right now, you are a very empathetic man. Please don't beat yourself up for something you had no control over. Mama Nature is very powerful. All we mere mortals can do, is try to do our best to prepare for what she dishes out.

You are doing a phenomenal job in helping so many be prepared.

Des

edit on 28-4-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Thanks Des please read my last post it applies. I wish i could be everywhere at once, the only thing i can do is get better at what i love and try to help as many as i can. I haven't always been this way but this seems to be the person i am becoming. Stay safe will report soon

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

ok precip shield and or(light rain) is about 30-60 mins away from you. Severe rotating super cells about 2 - 5 hrs once again this represents A SEVERE NIGHT TIME TORNADO RISK!!! VERY DEADLY. please keep safe and updated. I might have to stay awake regardless of work im very concerned for your area

radar.weather.gov...

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join