It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Severe Weather Outbreaks 2014

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

They say we get better with age. ;-)

At 25, you have got a head start on most 40 year olds.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Are these the cells you are talking about?

They are right over and approaching Dahlonega, GA

link

edit on 28-4-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: Destinyone

ok precip shield and or(light rain) is about 30-60 mins away from you. Severe rotating super cells about 2 - 5 hrs once again this represents A SEVERE NIGHT TIME TORNADO RISK!!! VERY DEADLY. please keep safe and updated. I might have to stay awake regardless of work im very concerned for your area

radar.weather.gov...

No, you get your sleep for work tomorrow Tech. With all the links and info you've provided us, we can track our area. You can't believe how helpful you've been. I have multiple tabs open to your links you provided. All great stuff!

Des

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

no these cells represent a minimal risk of development most of the energy is being used 60 to 100 miles away

radar.weather.gov...

I think I gotta stay awake for at least two more hours DES and LUC I will report

edit on 28-4-2014 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Havox
No. I'm just being sarcastic at how the MSM has sensationalized the weather. They try to get people to panic when a snow storm hits northern Canada. Tornadoes happen every year at this time in what is known as 'Tornado Alley'. The MSM acts like it is unusual, or out of the blue. They seem shocked every time a town is blown away. The thing is, last year, that town was probably blown away. They keep rebuilding in that place!!!

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
True story sitting on the hotel computer and a influx of 200 Russian tourist? come through I ask them who they are? and of course they say Russian? anyway they need the computer will report soon lol

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Hello everyone. I was reading up on the weather in the thread.

I have to say that it has been a long day. I am the proud father of a baby boy. Born at 8:45 am this morning. He weighed 8 lbs 13 oz and is doing great. Mother is also doing great.

Thank you for the well wishes.

I havn't been on today because my phone broke and wouldn't charge. I had to go home and directly wire a charger to my battery.lol....On the way back to the hospital I encountered a severe thunderstorn with a tornado watch at about 8 pm. Luckily I caught the very end of it on my drive.

Pretty crazy weather and I hope everyone is doing well.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Congratulations Proud Pappa! We were waiting to hear a report of Bouncing Baby Boy, and Proud Parents. What a relief you must feel. I must admit I feel relief too, knowing you are all well.

You do know, we will want a pic of the Storm Boy when you get one to upload...

Des

edit on 28-4-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Congratulation! I thought about your posts today and hoped everything went well! Get some sleep while you can!!

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Congratulations!
Sorry I wasn't around to give updates last night, was preoccupied by other things. I will try to update throughout today and tonight! Hopefully all of you guys are doing fine

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Tuesday, April 29

Severe thunderstorms and tornadoes in the following areas (TOR:CON values listed):

AL south - 7
AL north - 5
AR extreme east - 2 to 3
FL west panhandle - 7
FL east panhandle, northeast - 4
GA north, central, southwest - 6
GA southeast - 4
IL south, east-central - 2
IN south - 2
IN north - 2 to 3
KY east - 4
KY west, central - 2 to 3
LA southeast - 4
LA southwest, northeast - 2 to 3
MO extreme southeast - 2
MS south - 5
MS north, central - 2 to 3
NC - 5
OH north - 2 to 3
OH south - 2
SC west - 6
SC east - 4
TN east - 4
TN west, middle - 2 to 3
VA southwest - 4
VA south-central, southeast - 2 to 3
WV west, south - 4

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Monday's Impacts:

Alabama

A series of tornadoes lashed the Birmingham and Tuscaloosa, Ala. metro areas in the late evening hours Monday. A debris ball showed up on radar over Bessemer, Ala., just to the southwest of downtown Birmingham, but the reported tornado fizzled out before it could inflict further damage on highly populated areas. In Bessemer, Jefferson County Emergency Management officer Horace Walker told AL.com that there were no fatalities in the area, but damage was reported at an apartment complex near UAB Medical West hospital. The full extent of damage in Bessemer may not be known until the daylight hours.

Limestone County Emergency Director Rite White told the Associated Press that two people were confirmed killed west of Athens, Ala. in a mobile home park there.

Tornado emergencies were declared Monday evening for Athens and Hackleburg as tornadoes were detected on radar. In Athens, damage was reported – power lines, trees and parts of homes were brought down by a tornado that contained a debris signature on radar. Some injuries were also reported by the Athens Sheriff's Department.

Governor Robert Bentley declared a state of emergency in Alabama as severe weather continued to impact the state Monday night.

More than 50,000 people were without power across Alabama as of 1 a.m. Tuesday.

Mississippi

At least seven people are dead from a tornado outbreak across the state. The Lee County Coroner told the Associated Press that a woman died in a car accident in Tupelo, but the cause of the crash was not yet known. Six people were reported killed in Winston County, including a woman who perished in a day care center she owned in Louisville, said county Coroner Scott Gregory.

Search and rescue efforts were ongoing into the late evening and overnight hours across the state, the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency said.

Around 6:35 local time two large tornadoes were reported in the Jackson metro area, one south and one north, of the downtown Jackson area. According to the National Weather Service, heavy damage was reported north of Richland, Miss. Damage was also reported in Brandon, Miss., according to the Brandon Emergency Operations Center.

At about 4:30 p.m. local time, a tornado debris signature was spotted on radar moving toward Louisville. Shortly after that, reports of widespread damage were relayed by local authorities. Some of that damage included blown out windows and roof damage to the Winston Medical Center. Some 45 people were injured by the twisters. Four of those are listed in critical condition, including two children, according to Mississippi Emergency Management Agency (MEMA).

Just before 3 p.m. Central time on Monday, Tupelo was placed under a tornado emergency as a large tornado with a debris signature was spotted near the city. Shortly after the tornado passed through the city, damage photos began to surface showing destruction from the storm. Thirty people were injured in the tornado, but none of the injuries were life-threatening.

Tupelo mayor Jason Shelton told The Weather Channel that there is heavy damage in parts of the city, especially northern Tupelo. Preliminary surveys from the National Weather Service indicated that the tornado was at least an EF-2. That could change as surveys continue.

Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant declared a state of emergency ahead of the Storm Prediction Center's declaration of a particularly dangerous situation for parts of the state. Gov. Bryant mobilized the National Guard Monday evening to help aid in relief efforts for all of the areas in Mississippi hit by tornadoes.

Nearly 19,00 people were without power across Mississippi at 1:30 am EDT as a result of the deadly storms.

Tennessee

A tornado emergency was issued for Franklin, Lincoln and Moore counties in southern Tennessee after a tornado was spotted at around 8:30 local time. On Monday night, a powerful tornado hit Lincoln County, damaging homes and an elementary school. Two fatalities were reported to hospital officials in addition to a number of other minor injuries.

"We're still trying to evaluate the extent of the damage," Melissa Smiley of the Lincoln County Sheriff's Office told The Tennessean.

Lincoln County schools will be closed Tuesday due to the storm damage, road conditions and concerns about flooding.

Georgia

Governor Nathan Deal declared a state of emergency as severe weather rolled into Georgia.

“At this juncture, we’ve declared the emergency for the entire state because it’s impossible to pinpoint where the weather will hit,” Deal said in a press release. “Georgia is threatened at least through tomorrow and perhaps into Wednesday. We’re prepared now and we’ll be ready for recovery should we, God forbid, experience tornado damage or flooding.
edit on 29-4-2014 by Havox because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Hey des and luc, be careful today your still under the gun today

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
[1120 AM] At least EF-3 damage confirmed with Limestone tornado near Bay Hill Marina. Survey still ongoing.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
BREAKING: Tornado near Louisville, MS on Monday receives highest preliminary EF rating of 2014; AT LEAST EF4

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Hey des and luc, be careful today your still under the gun today

Good day Tech. Hope you got some rest last night. Yep just a bunch of rain, thunder and flickering power last night here.

Out local tv weather guy, said the primary stuff is sitting in Alabama, and will be moving in like a turtle tonight and tomorrow, on my area. A LOT of rain forecast for my areas, starting around early evening. It's calm, dry and cloudy right now.

Des

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Havox

That is bloody scary! Thank you & Technix for keeping us
all posted & up to date. I get ALL of me info & news here on ATS.

My heart goes out to all the families that have been affected.
STAY SAFE everyone!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
NEW: Death toll rises to 34 from tornado outbreak across AR, OK, IA, MS, TN, AL.

Tornado Warning for Beaufort, Craven, Jones and Pitt Counties in NC until 2:45 PM EDT

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Tornado that briefly touched down near Freeport IL earlier today

4:49pm ET: Spotters reporting a funnel cloud and golfball size hail moving towards Wilson, NC. Take shelter!
edit on 29-4-2014 by Havox because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
5:25pm CT: A rotating wall cloud is associated with a storm near Silver Creek, MS. Take shelter immediately!

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join