It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bible is the bait and hook the "devil" uses to get you.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Of course, by Devil I don't mean this dude, out of drag.

I mean this devll, in full drag, ready to deceive.

and his weapon of choice, the book of truth and lies.

You see, one of the biggest, most fallacious and repeated cliches of all time says time and time again:
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist"

Let me offer you an alternative:
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he was God"

But what is the benefit of tricking others into believing you don't exist? Where's the glory, the worship, the praise, the stroking of the ego? Doesn't seem like pride is involved in strategy by someone who wants to "ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High."
What about the benefits of tricking others into believing you are God? Well, for starters, all the blame is immediately pinned elsewhere, like human condition for example, sinful evil little humans and their little pet serpent. "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" So, by deflecting attention from yourself, it shifts to someone else. Another benefit is absolute, unquestioning allegiance of weaker beings who trough intimidation and awesome displays of power will obey your every word.

After all, he is the father of lies isn't he? Meaning, he is the most cunning, strategic, intelligent liar there ever was so it would be easy to manipulate a world full of hybrid monkeys...kind of like we trick animals into becoming our dinner, only a bit more sophisticated.
Which brings me to my point.. The "Devil" is not as dumb as we think. (btw, I'm just exploring more logical scenarios here)

To think that human intelligence can come even close to figuring out the most complex archetype with all the resources to carry out his plans, millions of human and non-human armies at his disposal...somehow, we, the average human, know exactly how the story ends because, well, we read the book. God's book.

So this book, in your opinion, is infallible, perfect, has all the answers to life's problems, is easy to digest, follow and apply and is the literal word of God...

A book that:

-Is not a book but a collection of books...about a God with multiple personality disorder (or several Gods wink wink
) about genetic manipulation...xenophobia, war and genocide....animal abuse...and extreme laws....written by human beings...through CHANNELING....and hearsay...in different countries...with different cultures...different languages....spread throughout thousands of years...cherry picked...translated back and forth...edited...interpreted...and SOLD in a church near you.

HOWEVER...if the bible was JUST that then it would be easy to figure out and anyone with an IQ of 80 and above would say...."heeyyyyy wait a minute mister!"

But it's so much more than that. It is also filled with....ancient hermetical knowledge...esoteric secrets of all kinds...clues as to how to use the universal laws to your advantage....really good advice about everyday life...the most amazing teacher ever...and a guide to salvation.

So maybe the devil in his 10000+ IQ mind thinks...hmm, if I give them 100% pure rat poison they might not eat it...so instead I'm going to mix the poison with yummy cheese so they can't even taste the bitterness but will surely feel it later...slowly...until they die....spiritually.

So by mixing truth with lies, you end up not knowing what to do...the answers are there for sure but so altered and #ed up that you have to take it out with tweezers, wash it and then marvel at the sheer tactics of this genius of evil. The best trap to lure us in and confuse the hell out of us (literally) so that we won't find "the way, the truth and everlasting life"

The point of this whole harangue is...blind belief in 100% of the bible is naive,dangerous and certainly not a requisite for salvation or spiritual advancement. You can be a follower of Christ and not even read the bible once. How? By loving your neighbor as yourself and by not judging others....like I am judging you LOL.

Last thing I promise.

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it."

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I think that it goes to which came first the truth or the lie ...Only a lie needs correcting and the truth sets you free .peace

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I've pointed this out to Christians before and they tend to not like to hear this line of reasoning. In their defense, it is hard to get an unbiased view of things you are invested in. Though one should recognize that this is the case and try to seek out opinions from outside your bubble to get an idea of what you may be missing, this is where Christians tend to fail.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: lupodigubbio

Very good post. And the pie chart at the end is a good way to try to show people that there are different religions on this planet - in other words, we are a polytheist world.

Now, I always though that Satan had infiltrated modern churches, but saying he started them all makes things make a lot more sense.

There are a lot of things that Christianity does that confuse people into thinking they are doing one thing while they are really doing another, which is quite patently a lie. It is a powerful set of lies, as well -

Think about it, some of the negative sorcery put forth in modern Christianity (that I usually think of as people who miss the true Word of God) is highly complex, nearly impossible to unravel.

From what I can tell, there are definitely subliminal, almost hypnotic messages available as sorcery in the Western way of thought - the whole system is based on sorcery and symbolism - it is quite strange.
edit on 24amThu, 24 Apr 2014 07:55:46 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 24amThu, 24 Apr 2014 07:56:28 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

As opposed to that, Satanism has values such as these:

Theistic Satanism

Seeking knowledge is seen by some theistic Satanists as important to Satan, due to his being equated with the Serpent in Genesis encouraging mankind to partake of the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.[33] Some perceive Satan as Baphomet, a hermaphroditic bestower of knowledge (gnosis). Satanic groups, such as Luciferians, also seek to gain greater gnosis;[3] these Satanists view Yahweh as the demiurge and Satan as the transcendent being beyond.[3]

Self-development is important to theistic Satanists. This is due to the Satanists' view of Satan, who is seen to encourage individuality and freedom of thought, and the quest to raise one's self up despite resistance, through means such as magic and initiative. They believe Satan wants a more equal relationship with his followers than the Christian God does with his. From a theistic Satanist perspective, Christianity does not define “good” or “evil” in terms of benefit or harm to humanity, but rather on the submission to or rebellion against God.[34] Some Satanists seek to remove any means by which they are controlled or repressed by others and follow the herd, and reject non-governmental authoritarianism.[35]

As Satan in the Old Testament tests people, theistic Satanists may believe that Satan sends them tests in life in order to develop them as an individual. They value taking responsibility for oneself. Despite the emphasis on self-development, theistic Satanists often feel that there is a will of Satan for the world and for their own lives. They may promise to help bring about the will of Satan,[36] and seek to gain insight about it through prayer, study or magic. In the temptation of Christ in the desert, Satan shows Jesus “all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me” (Matthew 4:8f). Satan is known in the Bible as the prince of this world,[37] and Satanists may feel that he can help them meet their needs and desires if they pray or work magic. They would also have to do what they could in everyday life to achieve their goals, however.

It's funny, I never used to know much about the religion of Satanism, but debating the many fallacies of Christianity has made me learn much about this religion.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Everyone is their own Devil and Jesus.
Only you can choose for you, no one else is responsible for you in the end.

It's that simple.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

i think all of three seconds into this drama, the argument fell apart with the usage of that 2nd picture

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake The Bible teaches that wolves would rise up from within the body of believers as well as wolves from outside .Plenty of warnings and how to deal with them .Like I said which came first the truth or the lie .

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: UNIT76

i think all of three seconds into this drama, the argument fell apart with the usage of that 2nd picture

You do??

I disagree. It illustrates the narrow gate(s); barely visible on the pie chart. The WIDEST gate is Christianity.
I think it makes a very good point.

And how did you read the whole OP in under 3 seconds? Wow. Guess you zoom through the Bible, too, eh?

The Bible DOES have some truths in it:

You all can do what [Jesus] did, and more.
You must be born again.
You are all children of God.
Reject religion.
Think for yourself.
Have eyes that see (that narrow gate), and ears that ear the voices calling amid the din and nonsense of the masses standing between you and that NARROW GATE.

Go outside the flow, and don't be a sheep.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Interesting read, yes...but here's the catch: how do I know YOU are not the one who's trying to deceive me with these words?
For all I know, Satan is working through you to make us doubt our faith in Jesus, God and the Church.

Now, If I had to bet I'd say that there are no Gods/Satans/Whatevers...but that's me, a believer will always think he's right and you're the one trying to deceive him...
Had it not been for this principle there would have been A LOT less wars in the past.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
if satans plan was to publish books warning people to stay away from...Satan. That has to be the worst plan ever. Satan will not fight himself.___________________________________________________ Those who follow satan do so out of their own free will. After all, satan can only control those who chose to consciously follow him.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Know what's funny though? The bible also speaks about people like you coming along and trying to mislead others through deceitful philosophy. So who do I believe, you trying to discredit the Bible or the Bible discrediting you roughly 2000 years ago before you even existed on this planet?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: MadHatter364

Interesting read, yes...but here's the catch: how do I know YOU are not the one who's trying to deceive me with these words?
For all I know, Satan is working through you to make us doubt our faith in Jesus, God and the Church.

Very good point. I think this is where intellect, faith, logic, choice, knowledge, and many other aspects of human condition come into play. You have several choices: I could be used by the dark side willingly or unwillingly, or by the light, also willingly or unwillingly. I might be right in some ideas and woefully wrong in others. I might be wayyy off or wayy close.

The thing is though, to ignite a spark of curiosity and throw some (certainly not new) ideas into the mix and not force them down your throat. you don't have to believe this at all! Actually, I hope you don't! I hope you find the answers for yourself. The belief that trusting in the bible in its entirety without question seems oppressive and antagonistic to what freedom is, both in concept and manifestation.

This is not about knowing what the elusive truth is (we might never know) but what a blatant lie is (what is obvious and provable.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

Know what's funny though? The bible also speaks about people like you coming along and trying to mislead others through deceitful philosophy. So who do I believe, you trying to discredit the Bible or the Bible discrediting you roughly 2000 years ago before you even existed on this planet?

But a lot of people also believe Christianity is in fact the "Antichrist", you know, in the place of Christ...representing him. the most popular religion of all time. So who is the bible really talking about here? who's misleading who?
Ar you sure you're on the "right" side?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
I've pointed this out to Christians before and they tend to not like to hear this line of reasoning. In their defense, it is hard to get an unbiased view of things you are invested in. Though one should recognize that this is the case and try to seek out opinions from outside your bubble to get an idea of what you may be missing, this is where Christians tend to fail.

This is a bunch of BS and sounds real good to folks with zero investment if you get the drift. At any estimation this is not an unbiased view. That's really all I am saying. This is where invested bible debunkers tend to fail. They sop up anything that even looks like a contrary view and call it unbiased. If fact I shouldn't even call them unbelievers but ax grinding mish mashers, hacks, cognitive dissidents and pissers.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Congratulations on resurrecting Marcionism and Gnostic Christianity -- your claims have been being made since the Second Century, and they were pretty vapid arguments, even back then.

If your "god" allowed Satan to impersonate him and hijack his message, he's not much of a god.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: adjensen

Impersonate? How can one being impersonate the limitless, the formless, the abstract? I think you might benefit from reading between the lines.
And Vapid?...as opposed to the chasmic depths of...(insert your label here)
edit on 24-4-2014 by lupodigubbio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I certainly don't disagree with your way of putting it. You know some will and some wont look outside the box. Problem is few will believe the claim of a christian that says he or she looked outside the box and didn't find anything that made them want to toss the bible out of their lives. And for the very vast majority that preach the "out side the box is where the truth is" sort, they find this a disappointment. In short, they, the outside the box folks, are not really trying to hold an open mind but looking to subvert and find converts to the wide variety of nonsense bible interpretive baloney that floats around the web these days.

edit on 24-4-2014 by Logarock because: n

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: lupodigubbio

But a lot of people also believe Christianity is in fact the "Antichrist", you know, in the place of Christ...representing him. the most popular religion of all time. So who is the bible really talking about here? who's misleading who?
Ar you sure you're on the "right" side?

Christianity is not the Antichrist but many people who say they are Christians could be Antichrist.. The Bible clearly shows the reader what to look out for when delving into that subject and by those teachings it is easy to understand who an Antichrist is. If there was one organisation in the world today that could be "in place of Christ" who would you first think about?

Which organisation has the power to influence the masses of Christians whilst also teaching them a religion that contradicts the very teachings of the religion they apparently stand for? If the hierarchy of Christianity is corrupt, then I would expect the entire religion to be corrupt through them. So is it Christianity that is the Antichrist or the people who control the spirituality of roughly 1 Billion people?
edit on 24-4-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

And Vapid?

Have you read Marcion and the Gnostic Christian texts? If you want to defend their claims, feel free, but, yes, they're pretty vapid for anyone with a rudimentary understanding of Christian and pseudo-Christian theology.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join