It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bible is the bait and hook the "devil" uses to get you.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

You view points are not dissimilar to mine, I hesitate to call myself a Christian, because I don't believe that was what Christ intended, I don't believe he intended to start another religion.

I searched for the earliest examples of Christians, I mean before Constantine and all that .

Which led me to researching ancient religious beliefs.

Real housewives is on , BBL

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Christianity is the only religion that preaches Hell and damnation to everyone who doesn't believe what they do...

The problem with this is that there are so many variations of Christianity that it means everyone is going to hell according to Christianity because Christians can't even figure out what is correct in the first place...

IF Christians didn't preach hell and hatred... it wouldn't be thrown back in their faces...

Christianity Is the cause of Atheism... IF Christians kept their beliefs to themselves... Atheism wouldn't have been a problem for their religion in the first place

Well then zoom in on what Jesus said about it and forget what various christian groups say about it.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock
Exactly

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
OK the first thing on my mind this morning was motivation.

What motivated the OP to start this topic and what does he hope to gain?

What motivates atheist?

What motivates Christians?
edit on 093030p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

All of this is so true... Christianity now is a far shot from what the original philosophy was defined as. All I can say is seeking/following Jesus would be the true way, not just claiming you are Christian and then reading some book a man added onto scripture that says extra things you're supposed to do. However, if you believe in the teachings of Jesus, you would very much believe hell existed... now WHICH hell is the real question. People love to talk about fire and brimstone, but this is only because of the imagery and metaphor Jesus chose to use for the description of said "place". If you believe "hell" doesn't really exist, then you are just piecing another religion onto Jesus' teachings.

Whether you want to believe or not is a whole different conversation.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Haha... ah yes the terrible realm of uncertainty. Well hopefully quantum mechanics can break that barrier for us
where people are too scared of uncertainty.

But even the gross misinterpretations of the bible from cults are valid. They make good reasonable points from the bible, and who is to say that their interpretation of things isn't correct? God nor Jesus have shown up to clarify that they are doing it wrong. You employ the no true Scotsman fallacy if you try to claim that these people aren't really Christians.

I'm sorry, but invoking this fallacy is not sufficient to debate this very important problem. You KNOW people take the bible, and deliberate add verses/words/paragraphs in order to twist it to their wants. And THESE people call themselves "Christian". I suppose to avoid this easily vague fallacy here, we would have to define what a "Christian" is. I would say this is probably a difficult thing to do in our age, because everyone believes everyone who says they are "christian" is a christian... Yes I'm a scientist because I did sand experiments in the box in my backyard as well though. Now whether you reveal the correct results or not - that would have to discredit your validity in the realm of science though, would it not?

So it's true for these folk who take away from the original scripts. We can also go into the argument of who has the original scripts... but there's always a common thread through determining what is truth in the books. Perhaps it's confusing to people who aren't seeking a relationship with God because "this is revealed to me". I don't want to say that in any derogatory way... it would be my only argument as to why I would have this knowledge apart from others. Many people don't even care about personally leading themselves in christianity - they only go to church and sit. Then they leave and feel they've been absolved. Woohoo I believe Jesus is real, so I get to have a free ticket to heaven. Unfortunately, scripture doesn't argue that... it argues that not everyone who calls God "Lord" will even get into heaven... Wouldn't this verse already get you thinking about christianity itself?

I would probably ask to have a private, in-person conversation to go through my confidence in determining the bad fruits from the good fruits, but I know that any cult could do the same thing with you. And who could possibly convince you which book is right? If you're still in the realm of agnosticism, do you actively seek any of the gods described by all religions? Or do you just sit and wait on science? The only way to get closer to truth in Jesus is to seek. And you already have an open mind - this is the strongest weapon possible to anyone alive today. I could help by letting you know which translations are accurate and which ones have been deliberately constructed by cults. But then again, can you believe me?

Ignore the Are we alone? part and just focus on the scales of these objects. Answer me why a god or gods that created the universe would even begin to care about that small blue speck in the vast void of space.

I just want to be clear here. (Stormdancer777 take note too) I think that a god is ENTIRELY possible. I just think that if it exists, it is indifferent to our actions here. It may even value life, but if that is the case it values ALL life, not just human life (which would make humans' actions against the environment sinful). But in the end, this god understands that no matter what you or I or ANYONE else does on this planet does, given enough time, will not only not matter, but be forgotten about. It's all insignificant.

Why would God leave books to other species on Earth? Perhaps God knows we would never make contact in our whole life? So would that matter to us specifically? Perhaps it would hinder our relationship?

Why does belittling our existence make any relevance towards there being Jesus? I don't follow this at all, because every person on the earth believes they are special. This is the scientific reasoning of what people argue against christianity, that everyone is sinful (insignificant) or worthless.

What if God cared about us so much that God created an asston of objects to study to make us feel as great as we do while discovering it all? Could've just made it a little box, boring and completely white. Why not that? I don't understand how seeing an infinte universe would belittle the love of ANY god who created it all. What if it all was necessary to have each of these instances of life come to being? Or just ours? Science makes people think they know everything, but all it should really do is build appreciation for life and a love for it. And if you believe in God, it would create respect toward the immensity of creation.... the possibility of anything. Why would we want a boring god?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Myollinir

Haha... ah yes the terrible realm of uncertainty. Well hopefully quantum mechanics can break that barrier for us
where people are too scared of uncertainty.

T'would be nice.

I'm sorry, but invoking this fallacy is not sufficient to debate this very important problem. You KNOW people take the bible, and deliberate add verses/words/paragraphs in order to twist it to their wants. And THESE people call themselves "Christian". I suppose to avoid this easily vague fallacy here, we would have to define what a "Christian" is. I would say this is probably a difficult thing to do in our age, because everyone believes everyone who says they are "christian" is a christian... Yes I'm a scientist because I did sand experiments in the box in my backyard as well though. Now whether you reveal the correct results or not - that would have to discredit your validity in the realm of science though, would it not?

Yes, but properly defining what a Christian is and isn't is impossible. Disregarding the people who add to the bible to create cults, there are people who just interpret the bible to mean awful things who also create cults. These people may not necessarily add anything to the text. They just read it and interpret it in a way that is abhorrent, but who are we to say that their interpretation is wrong? It's not like you or I have a clear idea of what the bible is supposed to be saying. This brings us back to the topic the OP brought up. If you can interpret the bible like this, is it truly a work of good?

So it's true for these folk who take away from the original scripts. We can also go into the argument of who has the original scripts... but there's always a common thread through determining what is truth in the books. Perhaps it's confusing to people who aren't seeking a relationship with God because "this is revealed to me". I don't want to say that in any derogatory way... it would be my only argument as to why I would have this knowledge apart from others. Many people don't even care about personally leading themselves in christianity - they only go to church and sit. Then they leave and feel they've been absolved. Woohoo I believe Jesus is real, so I get to have a free ticket to heaven. Unfortunately, scripture doesn't argue that... it argues that not everyone who calls God "Lord" will even get into heaven... Wouldn't this verse already get you thinking about christianity itself?

Those very same people come onto forums or go into public debates all offended because some non-Christian wants God removed from money or the pledge or they create intellectually devoid debates about evolution being untrue (all fallacious) and schools should teach YEC as well. Gives ya'll a bad name.

I would probably ask to have a private, in-person conversation to go through my confidence in determining the bad fruits from the good fruits, but I know that any cult could do the same thing with you. And who could possibly convince you which book is right? If you're still in the realm of agnosticism, do you actively seek any of the gods described by all religions? Or do you just sit and wait on science? The only way to get closer to truth in Jesus is to seek. And you already have an open mind - this is the strongest weapon possible to anyone alive today. I could help by letting you know which translations are accurate and which ones have been deliberately constructed by cults. But then again, can you believe me?

That is the crux of the problem isn't it? The believability of someone. That is why I always default to the hard evidence. Facts don't lie, they just are. If the evidence you are providing (like what are and aren't the accurate translations of the bible) you can always supplement this information with addition evidence that corroborates your claims.

Why would God leave books to other species on Earth? Perhaps God knows we would never make contact in our whole life? So would that matter to us specifically? Perhaps it would hinder our relationship?

But the bible says that the universe was made for us. The way it comes across is that we are alone and the pinnacle of his creations. This is untrue. We aren't even close to galacticly relevant let alone universally relevant. So why is there a holy book that sets us up as the greatest thing in the universe? To me this just reads as the traditional arrogance of humans that has existed with us since forever.

Why does belittling our existence make any relevance towards there being Jesus? I don't follow this at all, because every person on the earth believes they are special. This is the scientific reasoning of what people argue against christianity, that everyone is sinful (insignificant) or worthless.

But we are worthless. Everything you or I do has virtually no impact on the universe at large. The only thing we can effect is our planet and (currently) a small bit of our local solar system. There is so much going on in the universe any number of which could eradicate us before you or anyone else has a chance to process that we are in danger. We are at the mercy of the universe at large, yet are so arrogant that we believe that we are somehow more special than ALL of it.

What if God cared about us so much that God created an asston of objects to study to make us feel as great as we do while discovering it all? Could've just made it a little box, boring and completely white. Why not that? I don't understand how seeing an infinte universe would belittle the love of ANY god who created it all. What if it all was necessary to have each of these instances of life come to being? Or just ours? Science makes people think they know everything, but all it should really do is build appreciation for life and a love for it. And if you believe in God, it would create respect toward the immensity of creation.... the possibility of anything. Why would we want a boring god?

If you notice from that picture, the largest object is the observable universe. That means that the universe is even bigger than that (MUCH bigger). That idea that god would create all that JUST so we can observe it is nonsensical. All he'd have to do was just create one galaxy and there would be more than enough for us to study for the entirety of human existence, but no, we have a universe that we can't even see the ends of. Like I said, if god exists, he is indifferent to us here on earth. If he loves us, it is only because he loves ALL life equally, not just the intelligent kind. Heck for all we know, maybe the universe is just one giant science experiment to see how life evolves and develops given different events throughout the universe and our god is just some scientist who is standing back and watching everything occur.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Yes, but properly defining what a Christian is and isn't is impossible. Disregarding the people who add to the bible to create cults, there are people who just interpret the bible to mean awful things who also create cults. These people may not necessarily add anything to the text. They just read it and interpret it in a way that is abhorrent, but who are we to say that their interpretation is wrong? It's not like you or I have a clear idea of what the bible is supposed to be saying. This brings us back to the topic the OP brought up. If you can interpret the bible like this, is it truly a work of good?

Technically, I could take the works of science and interpret them in a way to control people. Does this mean science is good? I can look at the evidence that matter doesn't exactly exist apart from observation, and postulate cosmic consciousness, and this could be harmful were it not the actual truth. I would say this is a far-fetched alley to go down, stating one book can be misinterpreted and added to so is it truly good. You can use this about absolutely everything in existence... This all boils down to moral subjectivity anyways, and no truth can actually exist in this realm. It's all relative, so where does the "good" or "truth" come from?

Those very same people come onto forums or go into public debates all offended because some non-Christian wants God removed from money or the pledge or they create intellectually devoid debates about evolution being untrue (all fallacious) and schools should teach YEC as well. Gives ya'll a bad name.

Haha, indeed it does. Because if we really look at scripture, that stuff isn't supposed to be forced upon people. We agree we are born free, to an extent. Why would that be okay to shove christianity down an unwilling throat? It isn't. I don't believe government has anything to do with christianity, or religion. It has to do with making sure we're all not dumbasses, but as we can see, humans unfortunately are in the government so this is unavoidable. I'm skating down the libertarian trail when it comes to politics - nobody should be forced against something that is victimless - choosing who wants to sleep with who isn't something the government has liberty to force upon someone. Money is a whole other topic, lmao... If only people would learn from what they read. The only reason I'm on the forums/debates is because of the bad wrap going around now. I want to bring the philosophy back, and let people know open-mindedness should be supported in following Jesus, because he was the first of all to do things like that...

That is the crux of the problem isn't it? The believability of someone. That is why I always default to the hard evidence. Facts don't lie, they just are. If the evidence you are providing (like what are and aren't the accurate translations of the bible) you can always supplement this information with addition evidence that corroborates your claims.

To be honest, this is why the bible says to seek God directly, through Jesus. Not through man. Does this make more sense now? The only downside to science is, there are facts we hold as truth that can be disproved in the future. So here we are, believing Newton, and then you know who strolls along. How can you be completely confident? If you're ever bored and actually care about Jesus, just try asking how he said to ask... Not another human. A human being will never be able to empirically prove God to you, that's just how it is. All I can say is, there's the story - check it out.

But the bible says that the universe was made for us. The way it comes across is that we are alone and the pinnacle of his creations. This is untrue. We aren't even close to galacticly relevant let alone universally relevant. So why is there a holy book that sets us up as the greatest thing in the universe? To me this just reads as the traditional arrogance of humans that has existed with us since forever.

I'm sorry, but can you quote that from scripture for me? The universe is made for us? It may state that God made the universe, but I don't believe it says the reason. It may say the reason God made HUMANS, but it doesn't say the meaning of the universe is man. Now you are being grossly deceived by whomever you heard that from. The creation story is a beautiful story about all of creation, but then it settles in on humans, because perhaps the bible is very relationship based on a human level. We interact with each other much more than I interact with my dog and cat. This arrogance is coming from humans, not God, nor the bible.

But we are worthless. Everything you or I do has virtually no impact on the universe at large. The only thing we can effect is our planet and (currently) a small bit of our local solar system. There is so much going on in the universe any number of which could eradicate us before you or anyone else has a chance to process that we are in danger. We are at the mercy of the universe at large, yet are so arrogant that we believe that we are somehow more special than ALL of it.

But our part in consciously observing the possibility waves actively creates matter in a position rather than a superposition - isn't that pretty cool and significant? I'm going to go ahead and state that this is largely your opinion, and you are causing yourself to think this way. Perhaps you are "worthless" to some distant galaxy, and hell maybe the earth, but are you worthless to your friends? To yourself? I agree that we are arrogant in the sense of "the universe being created for us", but in no way does that cancel out our worth relatively on this planet. It seems like the universe raises our worth in part of discovery and reception of common man to those discoveries if I could make any argument towards "worth" and the universe at large.

That idea that god would create all that JUST so we can observe it is nonsensical. All he'd have to do was just create one galaxy and there would be more than enough for us to study for the entirety of human existence, but no, we have a universe that we can't even see the ends of.

Yet we postulate more universes than there are atoms in our own universe - and this isn't nonsensical? This is becoming the only popular theory apart from God as to why the universe has such specific values floating about it. Occam's razor would make me believe a God existed before infinite universes did.

Heck for all we know, maybe the universe is just one giant science experiment to see how life evolves and develops given different events throughout the universe and our god is just some scientist who is standing back and watching everything occur.

The whole universe could just be the effect of a compile button on some 'computer' as well

All I know is, I'm able to perceive a whole different perception of reality while walking this path over here... and people aren't correctly translating what that is.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Myollinir
Technically, I could take the works of science and interpret them in a way to control people. Does this mean science is good? I can look at the evidence that matter doesn't exactly exist apart from observation, and postulate cosmic consciousness, and this could be harmful were it not the actual truth. I would say this is a far-fetched alley to go down, stating one book can be misinterpreted and added to so is it truly good. You can use this about absolutely everything in existence... This all boils down to moral subjectivity anyways, and no truth can actually exist in this realm. It's all relative, so where does the "good" or "truth" come from?

The difference here being that science doesn't claim to be good. The bible does claim to be good. So saying that science can be used for evil isn't really an issue since it doesn't hold a position in one way or another.

Haha, indeed it does. Because if we really look at scripture, that stuff isn't supposed to be forced upon people. We agree we are born free, to an extent. Why would that be okay to shove christianity down an unwilling throat? It isn't. I don't believe government has anything to do with christianity, or religion. It has to do with making sure we're all not dumbasses, but as we can see, humans unfortunately are in the government so this is unavoidable. I'm skating down the libertarian trail when it comes to politics - nobody should be forced against something that is victimless - choosing who wants to sleep with who isn't something the government has liberty to force upon someone. Money is a whole other topic, lmao... If only people would learn from what they read. The only reason I'm on the forums/debates is because of the bad wrap going around now. I want to bring the philosophy back, and let people know open-mindedness should be supported in following Jesus, because he was the first of all to do things like that...

Libertarian agnostic here. I also don't like Keynesian economics and think that Austrian economics is better, but that is another discussion.

To be honest, this is why the bible says to seek God directly, through Jesus. Not through man. Does this make more sense now? The only downside to science is, there are facts we hold as truth that can be disproved in the future. So here we are, believing Newton, and then you know who strolls along. How can you be completely confident? If you're ever bored and actually care about Jesus, just try asking how he said to ask... Not another human. A human being will never be able to empirically prove God to you, that's just how it is. All I can say is, there's the story - check it out.

The bible is ONE source though. That is how my believability is lacking. If it can be shown from multiple sources how to reach the SAME god, then I would believe. Until then it's just a fanciful idea in my mind.

I'm sorry, but can you quote that from scripture for me? The universe is made for us? It may state that God made the universe, but I don't believe it says the reason. It may say the reason God made HUMANS, but it doesn't say the meaning of the universe is man. Now you are being grossly deceived by whomever you heard that from. The creation story is a beautiful story about all of creation, but then it settles in on humans, because perhaps the bible is very relationship based on a human level. We interact with each other much more than I interact with my dog and cat. This arrogance is coming from humans, not God, nor the bible.

That may be catholic dogma leaking into my head, it can be hard to separate them when I start thinking about the bible sorry, it's just a product of my upbringing (yes I used to be Catholic and therefore a Christian, and therefore a believer)

But our part in consciously observing the possibility waves actively creates matter in a position rather than a superposition - isn't that pretty cool and significant? I'm going to go ahead and state that this is largely your opinion, and you are causing yourself to think this way. Perhaps you are "worthless" to some distant galaxy, and hell maybe the earth, but are you worthless to your friends? To yourself? I agree that we are arrogant in the sense of "the universe being created for us", but in no way does that cancel out our worth relatively on this planet. It seems like the universe raises our worth in part of discovery and reception of common man to those discoveries if I could make any argument towards "worth" and the universe at large.

That paragraph wasn't meant to convey depression or a sad state of affairs. I was just trying to convey that if you zoom out far enough in any direction, our actions become insignificant. There is so much more going on in the universe for a supposed god to worry about, why care about one measly rock? That is like, out of the ENTIRE world, a human picking up one particular grain of sand and caring for all the tiny microscopic animals that may be living on it.

Yet we postulate more universes than there are atoms in our own universe - and this isn't nonsensical? This is becoming the only popular theory apart from God as to why the universe has such specific values floating about it. Occam's razor would make me believe a God existed before infinite universes did.

Yes, postulate, not affirm. Key difference there. The scientists are saying that all these extra universes MAY exist given our calculations not that they DO exist.

Actually Occam's Razor would side with the infinite universes, given how everything in our universe works. Every object seems to make up the body of a larger object. We have atoms making up molecules making up matter making up planets and suns making up solar systems making up galaxies making up galaxy clusters making up super clusters making up the universe. And that isn't even discussing that there are smaller things that make up atoms (with even smaller things making up them). So Occam's Razor actually supports the infinite universes theory. But since we don't have proof of said universes, it is still just conjecture (which you even admitted).

The whole universe could just be the effect of a compile button on some 'computer' as well

All I know is, I'm able to perceive a whole different perception of reality while walking this path over here... and people aren't correctly translating what that is.

That is why it is fun to be an agnostic, until we know for sure, any crazy idea (that we don't have significant proof of not being true) could be true. But at NO time do you ever affirm definitely what is or isn't true.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: lupodigubbio

Anyone who really reads the Bible understands what and who God is.

Yet, while you have obviously no idea about the Bible, or better the New Testament, you make this thread.

Congrats for your ignorance!

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

The difference here being that science doesn't claim to be good. The bible does claim to be good. So saying that science can be used for evil isn't really an issue since it doesn't hold a position in one way or another.

Can you quote me the scripture from the bible itself where it says it is good? It may say Scripture is "God-breathed", but if anything it's some of the most intense news ever... and won't bring peace of mind right away. If there is a God, and you don't believe in God, then you will be separated from God forever? Sounds like some pretty troubling news to me. I'm pretty sure you receive this from "christians". Yes, the book has a theme of morality about it (debatable) but it doesn't say "this book is good". Jesus says following him may separate you from your friends and family, does this sound good? The only "good" you could pull from the bible is the word "gospel", which would translate to good news. Good news is relative to those who hear it. If you believe in God, the bible is good. On the other side it's a nightmare.

Libertarian agnostic here. I also don't like Keynesian economics and think that Austrian economics is better, but that is another discussion.

Amen to that. I think your beliefs put you in a good place if you live in america. I don't think liberty would thrive if it weren't for a libertarian, agnostic mind set. That's fair all round the board for human rights. All I can do is say Jesus did something for you. And you can take of it what you will.

The bible is ONE source though. That is how my believability is lacking. If it can be shown from multiple sources how to reach the SAME god, then I would believe. Until then it's just a fanciful idea in my mind.

No other sources are the same God. Islam is terribly twisted away from the God of Abraham. Jesus is only a man and didn't resurrect. The cult books are all "christian" because they go off the theme of the actual scriptures, so if you're speaking of those, then either you seek the truth or you throw the baby out with the bath water. The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed. Does this make more sense now? Truth starting out so small compared to everything else, but when you find it, it grows strong and tall.

That may be catholic dogma leaking into my head, it can be hard to separate them when I start thinking about the bible sorry, it's just a product of my upbringing (yes I used to be Catholic and therefore a Christian, and therefore a believer)

No offense, but I'm sorry for you brother. The Catholic dogma is the most twisted, perverted interpretation of Scripture there is. They made their own book that overrides with their traditions. They believe Peter was the beginning of the church and papal succession from Jesus, and he was nowhere near Rome during the time they stated this was passed on. They misquote "this is the rock" as Peter, instead of the faith that Peter has. They think Jesus is actually bread. Why did the disciples and Jesus participate in the last supper before he was crucified then? And you can begin to research their reign of terror from the first century and on, where they would brutally murder and torture true believers in Jesus. It is now dressed up with a bow on top like nothing ever happened, and they still brainwash. You are taught not to read scripture for yourself, and to come to a man as mediator between you and God. Only Jesus is there for us between us and God. Jesus used metaphors for water and bread, because the people were so worried about the food and drinks. Jesus knew that faith was going to build the true body. The Catechism is a dangerous tool to keep people in slumber-land, away from experiencing all of Jesus' fruits. You never really get any spiritual food while in the Catholic church. You get physical food, and treat it as idols, this isn't the type of food Jesus offers...

The universe may have not been made for us, but Jesus WAS made for us.

That paragraph wasn't meant to convey depression or a sad state of affairs. I was just trying to convey that if you zoom out far enough in any direction, our actions become insignificant. There is so much more going on in the universe for a supposed god to worry about, why care about one measly rock? That is like, out of the ENTIRE world, a human picking up one particular grain of sand and caring for all the tiny microscopic animals that may be living on it.

The true question is, why would God care about YOU?

Actually Occam's Razor would side with the infinite universes, given how everything in our universe works. Every object seems to make up the body of a larger object. We have atoms making up molecules making up matter making up planets and suns making up solar systems making up galaxies making up galaxy clusters making up super clusters making up the universe. And that isn't even discussing that there are smaller things that make up atoms (with even smaller things making up them). So Occam's Razor actually supports the infinite universes theory. But since we don't have proof of said universes, it is still just conjecture (which you even admitted).

That would mean each of the "universes" are really building blocks for ours, which would not award them with the same title "universe" as ours. More like "sub-universe" or "building-block-universe". To be honest, I got extremely excited when they first brought out thoughts of the multi-verse. And to be honest, that paradigm still doesn't give enough evidence to leave God out of the picture. Was creation done by creating multiple universes? No science ever really leaves God on the outside, it is just our opinion that does.

Either I take the truth from God, or I decide what is truth for myself which is not incredibly reliable.

I really don't think God should stop the developing theories of any origin-based science. The bible's creation account is a narrative - how can we sit here and babble on with it and try to prove scientific theories wrong? You can't. I can support evolution by reading Genesis 2:6-7 "and a mist was going up from the land and was watering the whole face of the ground - then the Lord God formed the man of DUST from the GROUND and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature." This sounds oddly reminiscent of evolution and abiogenesis theories to me. (Water raining down on rocks, creates genetic cocktail for primitive life/amino acids/proteins... then eventually it all leading up to a human form.. which then received consciousness at some point). People just twist the bible around for their political wants. Studying the bible isn't enough to merit scientific discoveries.

So to be honest, I sit cross-legged at the frontline of science waiting to see what they figure out about existence empirically. Then I sit cross-legged before God to find out about my conscious existence, why I have morality, and why I'm here having this conversation haha.

The only question I have for being an agnostic is - Are you the one who determines what is the truth? Do you believe the evidence because YOU decide it's true?

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join