It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheist just a cover for Satanists?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terminal1
a reply to: beezzer

I have to ask...

Why do christians need to have their faith out in everyonee face but when someone protests they slip into some sort of persecution complex?

Isn't their faith strong enough in their hearts to carry that faith with them no matter where they go? Is their faith so weak they have to have the lords graffiti everywhere even though there is practically a church on every corner?

It seems to me that a lot of christians are very weak and must need constant reminders of their faith when it should be inside them.

why does it freak people out to see this stuff?

it's the bullying used. most of the time it's 1 anonymous d-bag complaining about something.

you want to clean up government? start with the people that run it.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: miniatus

The stat I got that from was from 2011 but it would be good to update it. If generalized worldwide that percentage would likely be higher than the States.

PRINCETON, NJ -- More than 9 in 10 Americans still say "yes" when asked the basic question "Do you believe in God?"; this is down only slightly from the 1940s, when Gallup first asked this question.

92%.

www.gallup.com...

I lump it under one God because that is what the pledge of allegiance does (live and let live), and attacks on God in schools or elsewhere isn't about any one religion but God overall.

But I see your point - if 90% of the world population believes in God, but their version of God is different it can potentially create conflict. That isn't a reason to try to suppress religion in the U.S. In fact, expression provides opportunities to learn and hopefully tolerate one another. It also guides people to turn to whatever value system they subscribe to (the pledge of allegiance as an example) - speaking to the majority - under God (not which God but just "God"). Something they can resonate with and most have in common.

If we start to kick God out of the Country, just ignoring people's most deeply held beliefs - it will take away the main purpose of this Country - freedom of religious expression. How would we fit in with the rest of the world? Every other place has God integrated in their culture in one way or another. We do too - due to these freedoms. Take that away and we take away what tolerance looks like, what that freedom looks like.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: denybedoomed

President Thomas Jefferson - "The Christian god can easily be pictured as virtually the same god as the many ancient gods of past civilizations. The Christian god is a three headed monster; cruel, vengeful and capricious. If one wishes to know more of this raging, three headed beast-like god, one only needs to look at the caliber of people who say they serve him. They are always of two classes: fools and hypocrites."

Sorry, this one is also listed as "spurious" on the Monticello site.

Spurious Jefferson Quotation

He does use the phrase "fools & hypocrites" but its in a statement arguing against coercion, not belief in God.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

originally posted by: WanDash

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Wow. I don't know where to begin. Laughing or crying at this nonsense.
...don't use public money and resources to promote your beliefs, especially when they are at odds with an ethical, healthy, functioning society.

While I may agree with most of what you said (yes - starred) I'm not so hip on your pronouncement of this society as ethical, healthy & functioning.
But...that's just me.

Oh, I agree this society is not ethical, healthy, or functioning. However, it is something we are constantly trying to create, and I see any religious system as a hindrance to creating a truly just, healthy, and moral society.

oh yeah! lol!
what planet would that be on?

you know you are a human, right?

so if religions were banned, how long would you give it, to find out if it worked?

a week? a year? 10? 1 generation? 1000 yrs? don't care how long?

link   
a reply to: maxzen2004

I can see where "satanists" would use the guise of atheist to push an agenda. Though I sincerely doubt it. Would you like it if instead of god all these things you love were instead in praise to "allah"? "krishna"?

Stop thinking of it as a two party ball game. There are many people in this country with many different beliefs. Why should the entire nation have to bow down to your god? Not all of us that support the atheist movement and cause are atheists. Some of us remain theists but see the glaring inconsistencies within your religion and others. We see the hands of men writing your scripture and the scripture of other religions.

It is completely selfish and narrow minded of you to allow people to not be subjected to your "BELIEFS" on a daily basis.

How would you enjoy "SATANISTS" surrounding you with their beliefs daily? Think about what it would be like for you to go to a sporting event and be pestered with praises to satan? How would you like it if crazy fools walked around town preaching satanism at you? How would you feel if there were billboards proclaiming satan as the almighty on your drive to work.

I know that is an extreme example but really sit and take a good look at the way it would make you feel.

link   
Why? Because i see all the problems "God" creates.

I was raised in a fundamental Christian home. I went to a private school. I got cheated out of a real education. WHen I went to college I was woefully unprepared for real science classes because I learned creation science. I had been lied to about what evolution was.

I was taught to be submissive. As a woman my role in life was to be a wife and homemaker. I never developed dreams and goals because of that. I still struggle with that to this day.

When I was being abused in my first marriage, I blamed myself for not being a good enough wife. I was told I didn't have enough faith and wasn't praying hard enough. I believed that if I ever did divorce him, I could never remarry because the bible state that if a woman divorces her husband and then remarries, she commits adultery. I was in my early-mid 20's and feared being alone the rest of my life.

Any thing that went wrong in my life, I was told it was because of my lack of faith, not praying hard enough, or because I had committed some unknown sin. This really screwed with my mind, believing that the abuse I endured as a child and an adult was my fault because I wasn't a good enough Christian.

I know Christians who think the quickest way to get God to return is to destroy this planet. They are thrilled over environmental disasters because it brings them one step closer to being raptured. "Drill baby drill, pollute pollute! This planet is going to end soon anyways."

Oh yes, and don't bother saving money or waste your time developing good credit, because Jesus is coming back soon.

Christianity causes so much harm, and you have the nerve to say Atheists are Satanists in disguise?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Mizzijr

I disagree, the Puritans, Jews, Amish, ETC. came here for the religious freedom.

Faith in God was the seed for groups of people traveled to America to escape persecution.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: maxzen2004Supposely they don't believe in higher being yet they seemed threatened by the word God. Atheist must believe in something, money, power, food? I would say love but that might be related to God,

Actually, I cant speak for all atheists here, but I can speak for myself.
My current (and constantly evolving) beliefs that does not effect my "status" as a agnostic atheist:

1) Ghosts (although I don't demand to know what they are..only that the phenomena I have experienced without any rational alternative answer for yet....still actively seeking answers on this)

2) Love. Love to me and my family is like coconut oil in a co-ed spring break party at Daytona. Love is where its at man..happiness, joy, and just brightening each others day is the key to a happy life. Money is nice, power is stressful but useful at times, but love trumps all of the above.

3) afterlife: Although this isn't a hard belief..sort of attached to number 1. mostly a very open mind about it..although it makes -no- sense, there is some personal evidence I have been exposed to that isn't adding up with conventional understandings...which is fine, we may be in the matrix, I, being a avid gamer, can understand the concept of avatars and how my dudes in a game wouldn't know any better...that's cool with me, I am currently fascinated with this subject in general...

4) "weird stuff". Again, not a firm belief, but a big curiousity..be it UFOs, Bigfeet, (bigfootsies? what is plural..) etc. The weird stuff falls in the not absurd paranormal, but uncommon and without proof..again, not so much a belief as a interest in furthering finding more evidence for questioning my understanding of reality. love that stuff.

5) Did I mention love being key?

As far as God.
I don't believe in no God(s). There may be. I just haven't seen any profound evidence of such a being...especially, -especially- any form that is in our religions. There have been some general spiritualist type ideas that I am warm to..I also would -like- to think there is an elegant order to this unverse, and indeed some sort of sentient force of creation and life...but my desires has little to do with reality.

Oh..and I totally pray to Satan

Anyhow, so yeah...we have "beliefs"...regardless of how insulting you try to be. Your America God is fine..feel free to sacrifice goats and all sorts to the flag Christ or whatever it is your believing in. Just don't ask my tax dollars to have Jesus America be part of the national anthem and we will be fine

Hell, I celebrate Christmas...more paganish, but I do give props to the concept of Jesus (aka, the guy who hated structured religion and was trying to show that being good to one another regardless of belief, class, culture, or any of that is paramount without being a righteous ass). For the time, that was profound and a step in the right direction.
Pity any of his super fanclub never listens to what the guy was saying.
I imagine if he came back tomorrow, he would be embarrassed at what Christianity has done to his lessons.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: iSomeone
Atheism is a Satanic teaching. So in that manner, yes it is a satanically inspired conspiracy against God. ...

...Are all atheists Satanists? Without a doubt there are atheists who do not believe in Satan. ...

Here's a question for you...
Do all Satanists...believe...in Satan?
What is your definition of 'a Satanist'.

...There are many reasons people are atheists. Some are raised in households where they are taught that God doesn't exist, and that is just what they believe because that is how they were raised. They are also taught this in secular education at school, and all around the world. So they perhaps don't know any better.

...Another reason people stop believing in God is the fact that many religions who claim to be worshipers of God use God as an excuse to commit horrible acts of atrocity on society. ...

How about - 'every religion'?
I've seen pastors & lay persons duke it out...going to any & all lengths...to win.
Seen the clergy ignore blatant and outright abuses by their "2nd in Command"...because...he and his family gave the most money to the church.
I've seen Buddhist monks fight and kill one another...over "who's lineage" will continue.
We see Buddhists killing Muslims... Muslims killing Buddhists... Christians killing Muslims... Hindus killing Christians...
It is a VICIOUS circle...
We know that there are infightings among various segments of Islam...Judaism... Even the various shamanic lineages will vehemently disagree with (denounce) one another.

...The period of time that people really stopped believing in God was after World War I. And that is not without reason. During that war, millions upon millions of religious people were told to commit horrible crimes against humanity on each other, and almost all of it done in God's name. Each religion in Christendom, by the time WWI ended had bloodied on its hands. Many people saw the hypocrisy of the Churches and became disillusioned with God. ...

I appreciate your attempt to 'be fair' and objective...but...I wasn't even born, then.
Was raised in...honored by...sought after...and even elevated in position...for 49 years... before I 'stopped' believing in God (in the sense that is required for admission to Heaven after this life, within that dogma) ...AND...I did not 'stop believing' based on anything other than my own search for truth (regarding the foundations of my 'belief-system').

For me to address the remainder of your 'treatise', would likewise require that I address certain critical areas of your 'faith', and...I have no desire to do so. Do not wish to challenge the core of your belief/s.
For, I fear that 'the absence of belief' may be worse than 'believing a fairy tale'. And, while I am not confident my questions/answers/responses would do the same to you - I don't want to chance it...
Good Luck in your journeys.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

Excellent reply, thanks for your contribution to this thread.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsingtao

1, vote.
3, vote
4, vote
6, vote

You are obviously missing the point here. These issues should not be up for vote at all, they should be automatically rights granted to people independant of a vote, in the same way legalizing slavery should even be considered.

And I already have voted on said issues. They are legal in my state. The point is, I should not have to vote for them in the first place, anymore than a person of color should have to vote to stay free.

I thought number 2 was pretty self explanatory. That you have to even ask...

Number 5: Map

7 and 8: 7 and 8

you forgot "blue laws"

those are modern civil and fed laws. not OT laws.

Um, the whole "keeping the sabbath holy" laws are very OT. Based on biblical principles. And in many states and local counties, they still apply.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mizzijr

originally posted by: maxzen2004
This country was founded with God, it's all over our country's most important documents.

Allow me to argue that point.

This country (United states of America) was not founded on God, believe it or not.

"Christianity is the most perverted system that ever shone on man" - Thomas Jefferson

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." - Ben Franklin

"Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst." - Thomas Paine

"The Bible is not my book, nor Christianity my profession."- Abraham Lincoln

"Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise." - James Madison

"Religious controversies are always productive of more acrimony and irreconcilable hatreds than those which spring from any other cause. Of all the animosities which have existed among mankind, those which are caused by the difference of sentiments in religion appear to be the most inveterate and distressing, and ought most to be depreciated. I was in hopes that the enlightened and liberal policy, which has marked the present age, would at least have reconciled Christians of every denomination so far that we should never again see the religious disputes carried to such a pitch as to endanger the peace of society." - George Washington

..:::Treaty of Tripoli::...
Article 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen; and, as the said States never entered into any war, or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no pretext arising from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.

:::::::

So, not exactly what you had in mind, right?

While I agree that Atheism shouldn't be forced, I also believe neither should Christianity or any other religion for that matter. There are things we don't know about some turn to logical reasoning and others turn to religion. Whatever makes the individual feel better.

But no, this country absolutely was not founded on religion. I believe God came into the picture as a response to Russia during the Cold War since Russia is a Godless country.

people came to flee from the religious persecution of a state religion. Pilgrims.

hence the constitution/bill of rights/dec of indi.
nothing says you get freedom FROM religion. that is not a right, that's a modern claim.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: solomons path
...If 80% of the world believed in elves, yet no evidence for elves exist (as is really the case)...

You couldn't have said anything more hurtful!
So - how does Santa get all his work done?
And - how could Gandalf's party have saved Middle Earth?
Please - say it isn't so!
edit on 4/22/2014 by WanDash because: Ya know - the...quotes

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: okamitengu

Except when you remove God, you are teaching your atheism to MY kid. Oh, the humanity. See, I don't care about you, either, until you start teaching it to my kids.

Who agreed to make atheism the default?

Um, no......

Not teaching kids about religion in school is not teaching atheism. It's simply not teaching them religion. It is teaching them subject matter that is objective and universally important. Religion is not objective, nor is it important in terms of general knowledge. If you want your kids taught religion, that's what your church, synagogue, mosque, or temple is for.

School is to teach your kids how to function in the world.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
could someone please point me to the "Atheist Movement" I've seen quoted...Or maybe just an Atheist church...I'm intrigued and feeling very alone!

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: okamitengu ...Except when you remove God, you are teaching your atheism to MY kid. Oh, the humanity. See, I don't care about you, either, until you start teaching it to my kids.

...Who agreed to make atheism the default?

I did & do not (agree to make/enforce "atheism [as] the default").
I am not an atheist, an agnostic, or any-other-ist... I just don't believe in 'the God' I was required (yes - 'required') to believe in, as a child/youth.
I don't want to tell your kids anything... BUT!!!!!!!! ...I would hope that YOU are honest and fair enough, to allow them to make their own decisions/choices... ('cause, guess what?....they will, eventually.........anyway)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Well ....

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AxlJones

originally posted by: brazenalderpadrescorpio

You make a good point. Why are they so repulsed by the idea of God if they don't believe in God? You would think that the idea would be as harmless as say, a chair, if God were so nebulous to them.

And on the other hand I've known of Satanists who claim to be Atheists. I really don't understand how you can believe in Satan, if you don't believe in the spirit realm. Or perhaps my understanding on that is lacking. I just don't know.

First of all, the idea of 'god' isn't harmless; it has killed millions of people and will continue to do so in the future.

Your logic is sickening... How many suffered and died in the name of science in the last 1000 years? How many died at the hand of the nazi psychopathic experiences to further their agenda under the name of science? How many are dieing today under the name of freedom???

Its not the idea that's dangerous its the psychopaths that twist them around and abuse of the gullibility of the mass to further their own agenda... You ought to look further than the cover before judging a book, this will serve you well in life...

Second of all, you can be a satanist without believing in god. Being an atheist is rejecting the idea of gods.

Satanism is rejecting the idea of God and praying upon the virtues of individualism, you might want to read satanic commandments you might realize it chimes more with the beliefs of atheism than you first imagined... I learned them for fun and have a vicious pleasure asking atheist what they belief of "those ideologies" and when they end up agreeing with them at 95%+ of the time I reveal them what they are... Its so funny to see their faces afterward...

Sorry if I come up as offensive but you should really educate yourself.

You should do what you preach, you seem to have a utter lack of knowledge in what your talking about pertaining to the subject matter... And don't come up saying you have "satanist" friends, I had my fill with goth/emo kids walking around with upside down crosses, gutting cats thinking they are "satanist" next time you see one with an upside down cross please tell them to make proper researches...

And upside down cross is a greater side of devotion than wearing one standing normally... Remember when Jesus was put on the cross and the guy next to him said he wanted to be crucified upside down because he "wasn't worthy" that's where the upside down cross comes from. Its the ultimate sign of devotion... Its an affirmation of great humility meaning your not worthy of Jesus...

PS: I'm Catholic but I make researched before dissing something I just don't go with popular beliefs of hearsay...

edit on 22-4-2014 by _R4t_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: WanDash

originally posted by: solomons path

originally posted by: Dianec
...If 80% of the world believed in elves, yet no evidence for elves exist (as is really the case)...

You couldn't have said anything more hurtful!
So - how does Santa get all his work done?
And - how could Gandalf's party have saved Middle Earth?
Please - say it isn't so!

Oh no, Middle Earth is totally real . . .

Have ye not read the sacred works of the great prophet Tolkien? Have you not heard how many copies his works have sold or how many people attend the films in his honor? So many people could not be wrong, it is truly proof that the prophet speaks the truth.

We all know anyone who denies him is really an agent of Sauron.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: minkmouse
could someone please point me to the "Atheist Movement" I've seen quoted...Or maybe just an Atheist church...I'm intrigued and feeling very alone!

Glad you asked...
It's right...over...there .... No - I mean...there >-----<
Wellll ... Hope you find it....

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join