It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheist just a cover for Satanists?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

originally posted by: maxzen2004
a reply to: DietJoke

A family in New Jersey is suing a school district because they say the words "Under God" violates the state constitution.

This is why I think it's political, so please give me a break.

Thanks

Seems like they would have a point. Separation of church and state. If you want god taught in your school then find a private school that fits your belief

OK, give me the tax dollars you force to pay to the public ones to help me pay for that. Otherwise it's good old atheist public schools for my kid whether I want 'em or not.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: okamitengu

Except when you remove God, you are teaching your atheism to MY kid. Oh, the humanity. See, I don't care about you, either, until you start teaching it to my kids.

Who agreed to make atheism the default?

Never once did I hear atheism mentioned in biology class, and that's where I learned about evolution in great detail. So I don't know where you got the idea that atheism would be plugged in the absence of god, but I'm not aware of that being likely.

link   
a reply to: denybedoomed

President Thomas Jefferson - "Religions are all alike – founded upon fables and mythologies."

This supposed quotation by Jefferson has been listed as "spurious" on the Monticello website. There is no proof that Jefferson ever said it.

Abraham Lincoln - "The Bible is not my book nor Christianity my profession."

Care to give a primary source for this? Can you link to a page that quotes it and gives the primary source? I certainly can't find it.

There are a lot of "quotations" thrown around, supposedly by the founding fathers that are either "spurious" or taken out of context.

P.S. Those out of context and spurious quotes by the founding fathers are found on both sides of the argument.

edit on 22-4-2014 by imwilliam because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

In other words, it doesn't actually; it's just the SCOTUS decidedly to pretend that it does.

By the way, what do you suppose "make no law prohibiting the free exercise thereof" means?

Does it mean that I can exercise my religion on a public grounds? Or would that be construed as state establishment if they allowed me to do so because that seems to be the interpretation these days ...

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: maxzen2004

At surface level atheists certainly are not satanists. That being said, as a Christian, it is my belief that whoever is not a slave to Christ is a slave to Beelzebub, or the devil. A mistake that many Christians make is to condemn those who still live under the hypnotic spell of Lucifer. We too are imperfect sinners, and we will sin until our earthly death.

We need not criticize, but rather, inspire. I am not the same blind sinner that I was before accepting Christ, yet I sin. Christ has saved me, and God the father, and the Spirit, work to heal me. I am not yet mature in my faith; however, God loves me enough to guide me through life until I am spiritually strong enough to "go home" where I will sin no more.

Atheists, in my opinion, are blind. They unknowingly do the bidding of the devil. Many of them try to remove God from all things public. Let them do as they will because regardless of the laws of man, God will never be removed from His people.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: miniatus

I don't ask God to excuse me! I'm not seeking mercy as I willingly accept my fate!

I KNOW what I did last summer ... so to speak!

If I wouldn't forgive myself I certainly don't think I should expect God to forgive me!

I am a monster ... and I live with that every day ... it is quite hellish already!

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
for those who want to argue the nuances of the 1st amendment to the US constitution , " freedom of religion " already subsumes " freedom from religion " as NONE is a valid position for religiosity .

its that simple if you have no religion then any imposition of any established religion is unconstitutional - and " under god " imposes religiosity .

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

originally posted by: maxzen2004
a reply to: DietJoke

A family in New Jersey is suing a school district because they say the words "Under God" violates the state constitution.

This is why I think it's political, so please give me a break.

Thanks

Seems like they would have a point. Separation of church and state. If you want god taught in your school then find a private school that fits your belief

OK, give me the tax dollars you force to pay to the public ones to help me pay for that. Otherwise it's good old atheist public schools for my kid whether I want 'em or not.

But don't forget to give back the Tax breaks the church gets when it forces the atheist to carry the burden of the taxes as well.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
a reply to: beezzer

If religion ran the government like the Christians want, then over half of everything I believe in would be illegal.

Even now, many things I believe in are outlawed in many religious dominated states. Like:

1. Marriage Equality
2. Human equality
3. Sexual freedom
4. The right of an individual to use any recreational substance in the privacy of their own home or property
5. Evolution and other sciences at odds with the Bible
6. Abortion
7. Birth Control
8. Religious freedom for all

That's just off the top of my head. If the Christians had their way, this thread couldn't contain all my beliefs that would become outlawed.

1, vote.
2, seriously? what does that even mean?
3, vote
4, vote
5, what sciences and what states?
6, vote
7, what states?
8, seriously? what states?

you forgot "blue laws"

those are modern civil and fed laws. not OT laws.

your post, it's all hyperbole.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Mr. Miniatus,

I apologize for insulting you, if you are not for removing "God", this thread was not meant towards you.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

But don't forget to give back the Tax breaks the church gets when it forces the atheist to carry the burden of the taxes as well.

Well said.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsingtao

originally posted by: solomons path

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: Cuervo

originally posted by: beezzer
The first amendment simply states that government will not establish a state religion.

I haven't seen anyone from government saying to believe one way specifically.

Unless you're talking about the cult of government, that is.

But having "god" in publicly-funded schools is a form of endorsement for a religion. If it said "under a god" or "under divinity" or something non-specific, that might be a bit better but atheists might still have a problem with it.

Personally, it doesn't bother me but I totally get why it bothers others.

I don't know why faith has so many so bothered, honestly.

If you don't want to believe a certain way, then don't.

But I disagree when people TELL me what I should believe, or not.

Nobody is telling you what to believe . . . they are saying . . . Keep it to yourself and keep it out of government. A government that was not founded for or by your god. Unfortunately, the JudeoIslamiChristians can't separate the two and why they've been F'n up the world the its advancement for few millenia.

wow! so you mean that without religion, i would be star trekking around the galaxy? beaming down and hanging with orion slave girls?

no wars at all? no hunger? no illness?

i'd have my flying car at least.

i think bigoted views should be kept to oneself.

Maybe not all that . . . but we would probably be at least 1000 yrs along further in knowledge, if knowledge of the natural world wasn't a sin punishable by inquisition for hundreds of years . . . However, we'll never know.

Bigoted? Are you denying the Church's position for over a millennium on exploring knowledge outside of Biblical mythology?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: maxzen2004

" Its vague but most people do believe in a higher being."

A higher power? Oh yes. Lightning, tornados, earthquakes, oceans, fires, etc. 95% of this world is a higher power because we have to borrow from the elements to stand a chance against them. They are not gods, they are products of chemistry which is a product of physics. Nothing to worship or bow down to, but certainly something to respect. Stuff that can easily wipe us out in our most natural state. Does that qualify as a "higher power"?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I have to ask...

Why do atheists need to have their lack of belief out in everyone's face but when someone protests they slip into some sort of persecution complex?

Isn't their lack of belief strong enough in their hearts to carry that lack of belief with them no matter where they go? Is their lack of belief so weak they have to remove the lords graffiti everywhere even though there is practically a church on every corner?

It seems to me that a lot of atheists are very weak and must need constant reminders of their lack of belief when it should be inside them.

FiFY

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure that even satanists dislike atheists.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Oh wow you figured us out. (sarcastic clapping)

Allow me to make this simple no one should teach religion in school unless it's a private religious school in which case it's the parents and child's decision. Oh and if the kid or teen want's to be religious or atheist they can figure that out themselves in their free time. Kids go to school to learn... not to be pawns in this game we call religion.

You kicked a hornets nest you realize?

link   

originally posted by: DietJoke

I don't ask God to excuse me! I'm not seeking mercy as I willingly accept my fate!

I KNOW what I did last summer ... so to speak!

If I wouldn't forgive myself I certainly don't think I should expect God to forgive me!

I am a monster ... and I live with that every day ... it is quite hellish already!

No, you are human. You are an animal, and you are hardwired for certain behaviors and inclinations because those behaviors are the reason our ancestors lived long enough to evolve and produce us. You are no more a monster than the gray wolf. I guess its now considered distasteful because we've established some semblance of stability and we don't have to rely on our roots to survive. But I bet that would all go down the drain if the trappings of our human lives burned to the ground. Lets see how different we are from the wolves then.
edit on 22-4-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

link   

a reply to: Sremmos80

In other words, it doesn't actually; it's just the SCOTUS decidedly to pretend that it does.

By the way, what do you suppose "make no law prohibiting the free exercise thereof" means?

Does it mean that I can exercise my religion on a public grounds? Or would that be construed as state establishment if they allowed me to do so because that seems to be the interpretation these days ...

Complete in utter BS. There is no promoting of Atheism any more than not listing "God" promotes Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, Wicca, Animism, Elysian Mystery schools, or Egyptian mythology.

How is the absence of religion promoting any specific religion or ideology? Aren't you still free to teach your kids what you want? Will schools tell kids there is no god? Pubic schools can show no deference to any religion, hence the absence of any. There is nothing from private schools paid for by the faiths from promoting as much or many gods as they like.

I'm not sure why you can't wrap your head around the fact that public schools and buildings are gov vehicles and as such cannot promote a religion (any).

It's not that they make laws against your precious god . . . it's that the laws we have (constitution) have not been adhered to.
edit on 4/22/14 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

link   
You guys all realize this was a troll thread, right?

Or he really is unfathomably ignorant - in either case he's not worth 5 pages of replies.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Acidx

Haha , that was what I was thinking aswell. Wouldn't an atheist have to believe in God in order to be a Satanist. Catch 22 right there my friend.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join