It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheist just a cover for Satanists?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
No there is some merit to this I guess . Personally I would ate the apple of knowledge than be a sheep oblivious to everything . I sure wouldn't want to spend an eternity with people like yourself regardless of the consequence.

Why not teach islam in schools and buddism and I guess to you satainism .. why only christian theories or send your kids to a school of your liking why do all schools have to work around the christian faith only in your opinion.

Maybe one nation under god but who's god allah or yaweh or jesus or lucifier .

I don't care what you teach your kids . School is for learning , develop the brain . I would rather fill my kids heads with garbage like ummm reading , math, language , science , arts.

If you don't like what is being taught in public schools , not sure about where you live but there are christian schools here catholic schools there are already schools in place for your belief even islam schools .
Unless you are advocating for an amalgamation of all religions in schools but I much suspect not and that would make you a ...... ( whats that word) oh yeah hypocrite .

Also I am Canadian even I know that your founding fathers were atheists .. Or do christians now rewrite history oh wait that was an extremely naive question.

Do people like you even truly understand what freedom means?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: maxzen2004

How could someone who doesn't believe in God believe in Satan? Christian theology is so pathetic it makes me sick people actually believe this nonsense. Grow up and join the real world of adults instead of being a god fearing immature child that believes in fairy tales.

By the way sitting around and waiting on some retard to come out of the sky and save you all from the evil of this world is beyond pathetic. *cheers*

edit on 22-4-2014 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Evanzsayz

How could someone who doesn't believe in God believe in Satan? Christian theology is so pathetic it makes me sick people actually believe this nonsense. Grow up and join the real world of adults instead of being a god fearing immature child that believes in fairy tales. By the way sitting around and waiting on some retard to come out of the sky and save you all from the evil of this world is beyond pathetic. *cheers*

You're not helping your case...in fact I think you just helped the OP make his point...
edit on 22-4-2014 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Evanzsayz

Oh like that's gonna work. I think religious folk will especially warm up to the retard in the sky bit. I can see you're upset but when you get it combined with a rant, them believer types will either run for the hills or come atcha blazin

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
No.

An Atheist doesn't believe in anything supernatural. Good or bad, Christian or Buddhist or Muslim or Hindu or Pagan etc.

By the same token, a Satanist is not an Atheist.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: freedomSlave

Do people like you even truly understand what freedom means?

Freedom means being able to do things and say things in front of others without being harassed or whatever, unless it is something that bothers a liberal, or an atheist, or a republican, or a Christian, or a Muslim, then that means serious trouble.

Op: I think that atheists really dislike the idea of their being a God, because they want to feel like they are in total control of their destiny and don't want someone telling them there is a higher power they could be answering to someday. They want total independence from accountability to anyone except themselves.. That's what I have observed, but there are most likely other reasons.. It illustrates what total and complete selfishness is. and anyone can be selfish so this isn't an attack on atheists per se.
They on the other hand are very against anything Christian to the point of violence and vindictive attacks. Just remember to love them anyway, they need love like everyone. Especially these days

Athiest mob attacks

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: theyknowwhoyouare

I can see where "satanists" would use the guise of atheist to push an agenda. Though I sincerely doubt it. Would you like it if instead of god all these things you love were instead in praise to "allah"? "krishna"?

Stop thinking of it as a two party ball game. There are many people in this country with many different beliefs. Why should the entire nation have to bow down to your god? Not all of us that support the atheist movement and cause are atheists. Some of us remain theists but see the glaring inconsistencies within your religion and others. We see the hands of men writing your scripture and the scripture of other religions.

It is completely selfish and narrow minded of you to allow people to not be subjected to your "BELIEFS" on a daily basis.

How would you enjoy "SATANISTS" surrounding you with their beliefs daily? Think about what it would be like for you to go to a sporting event and be pestered with praises to satan? How would you like it if crazy fools walked around town preaching satanism at you? How would you feel if there were billboards proclaiming satan as the almighty on your drive to work.

I know that is an extreme example but really sit and take a good look at the way it would make you feel.

what exactly are the benefits of worshiping satan?

i missed that if it was mentioned.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I believe they are trying to remove God because they need to remove the protection spell that America was founded under God. They need to bring in their diabolical agenda in and in order to achieve that they have to remove the protection from God. It's like a counter spell.

That's just my conspirator theory if u are looking at it in a spiritual sense.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: alienreality

Just wondering about the 100,000 illegal down loads. Surely "Though shall not steal" rules out a certain sector which only leaves......Atheists!

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

originally posted by: tsingtao

1, vote.
3, vote
4, vote
6, vote

You are obviously missing the point here. These issues should not be up for vote at all, they should be automatically rights granted to people independant of a vote, in the same way legalizing slavery should even be considered.

And I already have voted on said issues. They are legal in my state. The point is, I should not have to vote for them in the first place, anymore than a person of color should have to vote to stay free.

I thought number 2 was pretty self explanatory. That you have to even ask...

Number 5: Map

7 and 8: 7 and 8

you forgot "blue laws"

those are modern civil and fed laws. not OT laws.

Um, the whole "keeping the sabbath holy" laws are very OT. Based on biblical principles. And in many states and local counties, they still apply.

says you.

sorry but if you want to wash a donkey in a bathtub on sundays in new york, you might run into a problem with the law.

sounds like anything goes with you.

how bout i don't pay my grazing fees?

it's public land, ain't it?

i shouldn't have to pay.
edit on 30565241130pm2014 by tsingtao because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=17831778]

Op: I think that atheists really dislike the idea of their being a God, because they want to feel like they are in total control of their destiny and don't want someone telling them there is a higher power they could be answering to someday. They want total independence from accountability to anyone except themselves..

I hope you see the contradiction in referring to someone who does not Believe in an Omnipotent higher power as wanting independence from accountability.

Your spiritual beliefs are your own, that is a personal thing.

One mistake that some Theists seem unable to understand is that Atheists are not an organized club or movement. Some may band together in some communities with fervent Religious populations that look to suppress and ostracize members of their community that don't believe what they do.

Belief is a powerful thing. When it is turned against people that don't share those values, that power can be wielded dangerously.

Happy Easter.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: iSomeone
In case you are unaware - please check your U2U's.
Thanks for the response!

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Atheist
Christian
Hindu
Muslim
Buddhist
etc....

Labels.

I am not a label. I do not choose to live by labels. Instead I choose to be a free-willed individual who thinks and acts in his own perceived best interests, the interests of my family and of those people I love and cherish as friends.

Because I don't aspire to a particular label, it doesn't automatically make me another label.

Admittedly, there are those who choose to live (and die) to their particular label. That is their perogative.

However, to label someone as the supreme source of evil - because of perceived teachings of your particular book/belief system - is arrogant, derogatory and uncalled for (and, I might add, un-christian by your own teachings)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Atheists don't believe in god, or the divine at all.

And as far as the Satanism you seem to be talking about, they must be literal devil worshipers. And who love and indulge in evil. Those people would not be atheists, since they literally believe in Satan, and Satan would be a divine figure. Thus making them Theists, which would be the exact opposite of an Atheist. So no, it would be impossible for true atheists to be the type of Satanist's Christians stereotypically talk about. Nearly all Satanist's out there are not what you seem to think they are anyway by the way.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
After studying Idiot Militant Atheists for years, and suffering under them, I can positively confirm it is Vice Versa. Satanism is a cover for Atheism. It is an elaborate framework they have created, especially for Mind Control projects. They see their creation of Satanism as another way to make fools out of anyone who believes in a Higher Power, which is similar to the creators of the Roswell/Alien mythology, and how much they laugh at whomever believes in it as a False Religion. The reality is that there are actually very, very few Atheists. Far fewer than claim to be. A core trait of humanity is a need for religion and a divine being to worship. These people have actually declared themselves to be God, which really means they are not really true Atheists. They also can never actually reveal their religion because they would be justifiably ridiculed. They, themselves, believe they are the basis of worship and when a Theist mentions God, they get deeply offended like a jealous child, and feel compelled to take revenge. Their creation of Satanism is part of their strategy of revenge.

edit on 23-4-2014 by naftaland because: Thought of more to add.

edit on 23-4-2014 by naftaland because: More to add, again.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

solomons path
...I chalk it up to good old fashioned obedience and listening to the word of their savior. No religion is interested in the religious freedom of others . . . they only include themselves when talking about freedoms and to them freedom means eliminating all other beliefs, if they could.

After all . . .
Matthew
12:30 "He who is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad."
12:31 "Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men."[/more]

Find two theologians that agree (utterly) on what this 'blasphemy against the Holy Ghost' is...and, I will...be...utterly...stunned.
I've seen/heard everything from - (i) rejecting Christ, to (ii) saying bad stuff about the Holy Ghost/Spirit, to (iii) rejecting the 'influence/inner voice' of the Holy Spirit...and...ALL...with their particular nuancical specifics on the subject...
How could one's "eternity" be so dependent on something so...variously interpreted?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Who agreed to make "not talking about gods or religions" outside of the home or church the default position?

People with common sense, apparently.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: brazenalderpadrescorpio
a reply to: DietJoke

I think it's well placed because the atheists are consistently making this a political issue.

That's because religion has no place in politics or in the running of a country.

Your god is the most petty, selfish, egotistical, spiteful and vengeful of gods and your religion and the beliefs that most Christians follow are just as bad.

Why would I follow a god that destroys cities because the people there are gay, or kills millions with a flood to destroy a few who refuse to believe his lies and worship him blindly.

Also Christians are pretty un-intelligent. You'd have to be to believe in a fairy-tale and insist that the earth is just 5 thousand years old.... lol
edit on 23-4-2014 by Ironclad2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

originally posted by: tsingtao

oh yeah! lol!
what planet would that be on?

you know you are a human, right?

so if religions were banned, how long would you give it, to find out if it worked?

a week? a year? 10? 1 generation? 1000 yrs? don't care how long?

Who said anything about banning religion? The discussion is about keeping religion out of government and public policy, not on banning religion itself. Is that too difficult to understand?

It must be, since most religious people seem to think depriving them of power and control over everything equates to banning. If they are not allowed to enforce their beliefs on people, they are being "persecuted". Lol.

It says a lot about the nature of religion itself.

how else would you get rid of religious influence? or stuff you don't care to hear or see?
i don't want to hear beeber or gaga, should i take them off the airwaves?

what about enforcing your beliefs on everyone?
this is a power grab. why don't YOU people keep it in YOUR home?
banning in the public sector, same thing.

do you realize what you said?
"It must be, since most religious people seem to think depriving them of power and control over everything equates to banning."
prove religious people have all that (in the US) lol!

who decides what i am supposed to like or not? you? joe blow?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: naftaland
After studying Idiot Militant Atheists for years, and suffering under them, I can positively confirm it is Vice Versa. Satanism is a cover for Atheism. It is an elaborate framework they have created, especially for Mind Control projects. They see their creation of Satanism as another way to make fools out of anyone who believes in a Higher Power, which is similar to the creators of the Roswell/Alien mythology, and how much they laugh at whomever believes in it as a False Religion. The reality is that there are actually very, very few Atheists. Far fewer than claim to be. A core trait of humanity is a need for religion and a divine being to worship. These people have actually declared themselves to be God, which really means they are not really true Atheists. They also can never actually reveal their religion because they would be justifiably ridiculed. They, themselves, believe they are the basis of worship and when a Theist mentions God, they get deeply offended like a jealous child, and feel compelled to take revenge. Their creation of Satanism is part of their strategy of revenge.

How long have you been 'round these parts?
Sure have no problem speaking for others...do you?
Why not simply speak for yourself and let us know when you're speculating about what others may or may not believe?
Pretty sick! way of interacting with others if you ask me... What do you know of me?
I realize you are espousing your religiously vetted views... so ...excuse (if your religion allows it) my retort...
Hope you level out a bit, before you blow a fuse........or.......two...... though .... ... ... .. . . .........

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join