It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-35 to make UK air show debut this year

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Pretty damn good these days with all the restrictions/oversite.

About 20 years back, Nestlé's McDonough, Georgia to Phoenix, AZ, non-stop, a power nap, then into Nestlé's, Mira Loma....Solo. Coffee only....

No where near the record.....

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Well I missed the opportunity to see an f22. When it was over here in the UK I was in my partying stage of life and airshows weren't on the top of my lists of things to do. Trying to attend RAF fairford this year get you guys some pics of the f35

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Looks like the July 4th flyover won't happen now. Three of the four heading over are at Pax River, but the RAF bird is still on the ground at Eglin, no word why. They'll need 36 hours to ready it before crossing once it arrives at the River.

They have to be at Fairford NLT July 7.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
They bloody better be lol not attending my first air show in over a decade for the sake of it lol. Do you have or use any twitter feeds to keep an eye on with what's going on ?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

I'll keep my ear to the ground.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

You are a star! I'll reward people with some pics

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
The Pentagon grounded the fleet today, pending outcome of engine inspections.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Most of the inspections are done. There was a chance of the UK F-35 departing Eglin today for Pax River. They have until tomorrow to leave and still perform at the shows. There are five that will depart Pax River, I assume that two are flying spares.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Can they actually fly that far? Or will they need to be carried over?

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

There are two KC-10s, and at least one KC-130J going with them to refuel them on the way.

And yes, they can fly that far. The F-22 was the one to worry about with that, with their O2 problem they had.

edit on 7/8/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

well the raptors would just fly with the canopy open, right?

Problem solved...

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Why do you think they wear helmets? It keeps their hair from blowing all over the place.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Oooh, helmet hair...

That'll make good impression with the lass'es in merry old England...

Actually, so as to not completely derail this, I'd love to see this air show. It's supposed to be a really good one.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Both of these are on my bucket list, along with Paris. I'm hoping they'll make it over, and our UK members will get some good pics of them. But they're saying that the engine problem that started the grounding may be worse than they thought. They were about done with inspections today, and the ones heading over may leave tomorrow. If they don't, they won't make the shows.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Seagull I'm attending the show on Sunday, I'll have 3 cameras. I'll post the snaps after the weekend has been with or without the f35. I'll make a thread but it may be in the non conspiracy forums of ats though. Keep your eyes pealed

F35 related question, if it's a no show for the plane this weekend would this cause any problems with nations regarding the sale of the aircraft

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Count on it!!

I love air shows. I walk around with my jaw on the ground...which in a fifty year old guy can be quite a vision...

I love airplanes.

Have fun.

...and if ever there was a time for this, this is it.

Pics, or it didn't happen.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Lol if the f35 DOES show then there will be pics so no one can say it didn't happen. The way things are going I might have to photoshop an f35 into my air show pics lol. I've still been trying to sort out an old VHS video cassette that we have from back in 1993 when we witnessed two MiG 29s crashed (both pilots ejected). Once that is on a format which I can use for a computer Ill post that somewhere too.
I was 8 years old in 1993 .. So seeing two planes collide was awesome and terrifying at the same time

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sammamishman
reply to post by Bigburgh

I heard they are having trouble adapting the software to the salt water though....

Is this a photoshop? you can tell me photoshop right?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Now_Then
I think so

Might be a reality if they send it over here and the engine packs up half way across the Atlantic

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Now_Then

I almost hope not...

That is rather a cool picture.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join