It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US in Iraq worse than Hitler

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Top-right! That's the one!
I find humor galore, but now watch someone from the right skewer this one.
I am learning slowly that sarcasm is much-hated and misunderstood, and parodies will get you killed.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Psychoses

source

Just how and if these officials will be prosecuted remains to be seen, but it seems the tide is turning for the "Invinceables."

THree words: Never gonna happen

Yes Facefirst, I too am in touch with servicemen in Iraq, but to post what is said would be flamed down as heresay, so lets just stick to verifiable information. I agree that things need to be "restored and stabilised", but do you think that the Coalition is approaching the situation in the right manner?

I have heard good and bad from my friends over there: (including my own bro) But most of it is good.

No. I do not think the Bremer god-squad handled things effectively and nor is the current situation being handled well. Prime example, why the hell did Bremer go onto Iraqi TV to announce Saddam's capture? Why not the most respected Iraqi cleric or public figure?

Why didn't they listen to General Shinseki? He orig told the Bush Admin that the war was going to need many more troops and mucho dollars...... when he refused to play along
he got castrated in the form of his successor being announced almost 2 years before his retirement

Too many ex-Saddamists in goverment jobs again. Corruption never left....

There is a plethora of things to mention, but I have to venture out......

Peace

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Yo, Psycho, Zed fixed my avatar so that it is acceptable.

I appreciate the choices you gave me, though. My favorite grew to be the one where GHWB says juniors at the trigger. That is making parody of his severe problems with perceived wimpiness as VEEP and POTUS. Funny guy, for a member of the Illuminati, that GHWB

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 02:49 AM
link   
when you ask what people i am talking about, it is obvious that both sides will have to die.

what i was saying is if the u.s. did something that the iraqi people couldnt do, which they did. they deserve the oil to pay for their troubles in releiving them of suddam hussein. you just dont do that kind of chit for free, it has to be funded somehow.

and you could be right, maybe they still will be poor, but at least they wont have to worry about their own gov. killing them.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 05:44 AM
link   
joe751

I'm sorry Joe, but I can not come to grips with your philosophy that people have to die. Death should only be considered as a last resort, and as this war was waged on lies it should become apparent that there were definately other options. It is true that Iraqi's will fear Saddams death squads no more, but they have since been replaced by more of the same, courtesy of our friend Mr Allawi.

Facefirst

Man, I'm sorry to hear that your brother is in Iraq. I hope he makes it back safe and sound. Tell him to keep his head down cause there is just too much at stake.

I know what your getting at with the general.

As for Saddam, look at the photo's from the past and then look at the photo's of the Saddam they have in custody. I'll give you a tiny clue: Saddam doesn't have an overbight.

I agree bro, Peace. If only we could figure out a way to achieve it, the world would be such a nice place to live.

Thomas

Hey, they did a good job with your avatar. I like it.

As far as the right chopping me up, I have a feeling that most of them have me on their ignore list.

By Thomas
I am learning slowly that sarcasm is much-hated and misunderstood, and parodies will get you killed.

Some say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but in all honesty it can be rather entertaining. If people learned to read into things a bit more and use their heads, they probably wouldn't get their knickers in such a knot.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Although this didn't happen in Iraq, I think it is relavent to the thread topic and highlights the fact that the U.S government has a policy of torture which is currently a war crime.

In another blow for the U'S administration, a 115 page report has detailed the abuses suffered by three detainees held for 2 � years at camp x-ray,

from linked article
�It is a very sad day for the United States, and humanity in general, to learn the details of what has been happening at Guant�namo Bay,� said Clive Stafford Smith, founder of Reprieve and a lawyer for many of the detainees. �It is torture pure and simple. It is cruel, and it is pointless. We have known since the Middle Ages that no useful information can come out of coerced confessions.�

source

The men were released and returned to the U.K. They were never charged with any crime and were released shortly after they returned.

The Bush administration has no excuse for what happened to these men, and it seems the writing is well and truly on the wall for the people responsible.

dh

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I'd have thought the writing was on the wall for the American public, and that of its allies
The name of the game is putting all your atrocities on full view and still keeping 50% of the population with you
While you keep so many numbskulled, the hope is that those opposing lose heart, and feel there is nothing they can really do to effect change
The real problem becomes what to do with so many brainless idiots who accede to repeated lies and atrocities

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I have to agree with you dh, that there seems to be very little accountability for any thing thats going on.

With the torture at Abu, the ones carrying out the order get fried while the ones giving them get off scott free.

I am really interested to see how this german court ruling will pan out. Can you just imagine a German bounty hunter kidnapping Rumsfeld and taking him back to Germany to serve his sentence

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dh
I'd have thought the writing was on the wall for the American public, and that of its allies
The name of the game is putting all your atrocities on full view and still keeping 50% of the population with you
While you keep so many numbskulled, the hope is that those opposing lose heart, and feel there is nothing they can really do to effect change
The real problem becomes what to do with so many brainless idiots who accede to repeated lies and atrocities

exactly right. exactly.
the answer is, 'educate them'.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Yo, Psycho, Zed fixed my avatar so that it is acceptable.

I like your Avatar! Best I've seen thus far!

Cheers,

SourGrapes

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Thomas, the hour of truth. You promised me to eat the crow in public. I demand that you correct all your silly allegations in public, especially when you cross-posted off-topic garbage on other threads. I also ask you to stop believing patriotic pentagon propaganda. Any freedom-loving person in the world know it amounts to BS. If you aren't happy with my links, do your own research about GW1 and GW2. If you don't, i consider that you patriotically embrace ignorance with passion, and hence are unfit for ATS. And for the sake of christ, stop bugging me and others with your ignorant zealotism. You used that same intimidation technique before to convince everyone with your insults and arrogance that there are WMD in Iraq, that Saddam Hussein is gonna hit Washington in fourty five minutes, and that Saddam is the gay boyfriend of Osama bin Laden. If it isnt enough for you that all your patriotic pentagon-parroting claims are bogus, i really cannot help.

Here are a couple of links, read them well, ponder, research untireingly to find the truth :

www.zmag.org...

informationclearinghouse.info...

newstandardnews.net...

www.commondreams.org...

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 05:25 AM
link   
It would seem that your links provide no detail whatsoever of the United States Airforce intentionally bombing neighborhoods in Baghdad, Moku. You were given how many weeks to back up your ridiculus assertion? You, a frothing zealot who's only goal here is to spread anti-U.S. and anti-Semitic propaganda dare call me a zealot?

Now, I must think about what to do.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 05:28 AM
link   
And the REAL battle continues.....

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 05:29 AM
link   
It is about to end with a nuclear detonation, though.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 05:49 AM
link   

You, a frothing zealot who's only goal here is to spread anti-U.S. and anti-Semitic propaganda dare call me a zealot?

Anti-semitic propaganda ?? where is that ?

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   
That's another thread that I've asked for some linkthat might help clarify yoor stance that "Jewish terrorists" have killed millions.

On this thread though, let's stay on track.

As a matter of fact, you have a few things to clarify before you continue your flood of propaganda. You are going to learn quality beats quantity, one way or another.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   

That's another thread that I've asked for some linkthat might help clarify yoor stance that "Jewish terrorists" have killed millions.

Where did i say that ???

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I have already vented at greater length regarding the absurdity and inherent offensiveness of comparing various contemporary entities with Nazis on this thread, so I won't repeat myself here.

What I can say is if we Americans really were Nazis, several of the contributors to this thread would have already been summarily executed. This fact renders the discussion moot and irrelevant.

Those who compare the U.S. to Nazis are doing nothing more than publicly proclaiming their ignorance of what true Nazis were, and insulting the tens of millions of people who were murdered by them.

Pathetic and inexcusable.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Well Magic,

Considering you have the "Above Top Secret Award" for this month I though you of all people woud have read all the info before posting!

It seems you have fallen into the same hole as many others by not understanding what is actually being discussed.

Not to worry though, I won't hold it against you.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Psychoses
It seems you have fallen into the same hole as many others by not understanding what is actually being discussed.

Not to worry though, I won't hold it against you.

Strange, since I reviewed this lenghty and meandering thread and said exactly what I wished to say.

I suppose I can likewise not hold it against you that you are posting false assumptions about me in this thread.

Speaking as the final authority on what I know and what motivates me to post, I can tell you that you are embarrassingly mistaken.

How about cogent comments about the topic, instead of false comments about me?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join