It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreigners dictating what it means to be British

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Kurius

alldaylong

Er No. The British didn't sell Diego Garcia to the Yanks.

Then they should just ship the natives back to their homeland, shouldn't they? After all, they were the ones who shipped them out.

Btw, have you even watched the "60 Minutes" report I posted? The video was 12 minutes long, you replied in just 3 minutes after it was posted.

edit on 8-4-2014 by Kurius because: (no reason given)

It doesn't take me 12 minutes to tell you Britain didn't sell DG to the Yanks.
In fact it took me all of 10 seconds

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

demus

LUXUS

demus

LUXUS

sk0rpi0n
@op.... Why don't you build a time machine, go back in time and convince British rulers that colonizing other countries isn't a good idea. Consider the current situation as PAYBACK. After all, what goes around..... You know what happens next.

If I could maybe I would, I might also make in illegal for British to impart knowledge of innovation to outsiders, that means no Electricity, aircraft, trains, jet engines, telephones, satellites, space rockets, submarines, plastics, electronics....wonder how the world would look then

oh, so it was all british inventions?
of course:

Nikola Tesla was british.
Wright brothers were british.
Hans von Ohain was british
Elisha Gray was british
Sergei Koroloev was british
should I go on?

of course British people contribute a lot to the world, but they didn't invent the world.
I hope British people in general have more than basic education and world view: for the sake of Britain.

All Europeans,and yes the Wright brothers were British, first flight was in the UK in north west London and there is a royal air museum built in that place to commemorate it!

so now all Europeans were/are british?

you sound a lot like one of those disturbed young people who get involved in specific groups blaming others for their own failures or fears.

No you tried to deny the importance of the British and their descendents, Americans etc in the role of innovation which IS pathetic since they have invented the bulk of all modern technology on this planet....something you obviously despise but that don't make it go away.

It is clear that many here are anti British and very definitely anti white (talking about karma etc), those are also the ones who talk about racism

edit on 8-4-2014 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

alldaylong

Watch the video and tell me you haven't been hoodwinked into thinking that.

Here it is again:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Kurius

alldaylong

Watch the video and tell me you haven't been hoodwinked into thinking that.

Here it is again:

Bollocks to the video.
I deal in facts

www.gov.uk...

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

LUXUS
It is clear that many here are anti British and very definitely anti white (talking about karma etc), those are also the ones who talk about racism

No, I think most are just anti-racism and subjugation. It doesn't matter if you are pink, blue or purple.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

alldaylong
Bollocks to the video.
I deal in facts

According to your interpretation, huh? That will do.

Watch the video and write to "60 Minutes" for correction. How dare they misinterpret your "facts"! Lol.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

LUXUS

demus

LUXUS

demus

LUXUS

sk0rpi0n
@op.... Why don't you build a time machine, go back in time and convince British rulers that colonizing other countries isn't a good idea. Consider the current situation as PAYBACK. After all, what goes around..... You know what happens next.

If I could maybe I would, I might also make in illegal for British to impart knowledge of innovation to outsiders, that means no Electricity, aircraft, trains, jet engines, telephones, satellites, space rockets, submarines, plastics, electronics....wonder how the world would look then

oh, so it was all british inventions?
of course:

Nikola Tesla was british.
Wright brothers were british.
Hans von Ohain was british
Elisha Gray was british
Sergei Koroloev was british
should I go on?

of course British people contribute a lot to the world, but they didn't invent the world.
I hope British people in general have more than basic education and world view: for the sake of Britain.

All Europeans,and yes the Wright brothers were British, first flight was in the UK in north west London and there is a royal air museum built in that place to commemorate it!

so now all Europeans were/are british?

you sound a lot like one of those disturbed young people who get involved in specific groups blaming others for their own failures or fears.

No you tried to deny the importance of the British and their descendents, Americans etc in the role of innovation which IS pathetic since they have invented the bulk of all modern technology on this planet....something you obviously despise but that don't make it go away.

so now it's not only british but also british descendants and americans along europeans that have invented "all modern technology"?
what is next, you will claim that people living on Earth invented everything there is?

how can you say that anti - british is anti - white when being british doesn't even have to mean you have to be "white"?

and lastly, I never despised any british invention or achievement.

but I despise people who are bringing the RACE into the argument!

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
also, check this out, you may learn something new about your own country, maybe even about yourself:

British Nationality Act 1981

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

demus

so now it's not only british but also british descendants and americans along europeans that have invented "all modern technology"?
what is next, you will claim that people living on Earth invented everything there is?

how can you say that anti - british is anti - white when being british doesn't even have to mean you have to be "white"?

and lastly, I never despised any british invention or achievement.

but I despise people who are bringing the RACE into the argument!

I said from the beginning the British and their descendents, who are obviously genetically the same....you lack observation if you think "so now, your saying blah blah blag"

And yes Europeans in general have invented the vast bulk of all technology on this planet and amongst them the British and their direct ancestors rank as the main contributes....and yes there are some country's and peoples who have contributed squat in terms of contributions to humanity.

As for race it is unavoidable, how the hell can you talk about Africa without talking about black people, how can you talk about Britain without talking about white people....no you are racist, you want to deny the existence the native race of that place or their right or say in the matter of what being British is!

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

I guess your father was a really racist working class guy who taught you a bunch of idiocy about people of colour? Before the slave trade the African empire was culturally more advanced than the British. And you think the coloured people in our country don't follow the 'norm'? Do you know the norm for a British person is pretty pathetic. Stiff upper lip, willingly living to make other people live in luxury, taking all the money you slaved for and giving it straight back to corporations that do their best to give you the worst for your money.

That's what it #en means to be British.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

That's ridiculous. While true, nowhere in my blood (aside from all of humanity's common ancestors from ancient Africa) will there be anything but western European blood... however are you seriously going to tell me that I need to be dictated to by my blood? I have a brain and a mind, life experience and circumstance by which I am subject to. Not my blood. I am not Indian, but my Irish father who is proud of his Irish heritage, his spirituality falls in with an Indian religion. My real name is Ananda, which is an Indian name... my online name comes from my affinity for an Indian Goddess. I'm fascinated by other cultures. Should I change my name and habits to honor my British heritage? Am I still welcome in your England? Because should I ever choose to immigrate to England and become a citizen I would celebrate England's diversity.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

ScottProphhit
reply to post by LUXUS

I guess your father was a really racist working class guy who taught you a bunch of idiocy about people of colour? Before the slave trade the African empire was culturally more advanced than the British. And you think the coloured people in our country don't follow the 'norm'? Do you know the norm for a British person is pretty pathetic. Stiff upper lip, willingly living to make other people live in luxury, taking all the money you slaved for and giving it straight back to corporations that do their best to give you the worst for your money.

That's what it #en means to be British.

One of my parents are racist, I loath racism and stand against it in every aspect I meet it... Including stereotyping Irregardless of origins.

This comment above is typical foul play of stereotyping and quite frankly I find it offensive. What exactly do you do and more precisely what do you do for your nation and it's betterment?

I value my nation I hail from and understand that it's past is only in books, my heart and mind. It's cultural identity lives with me but it's cultural past is only that. The past.

Can and would you say the same?

Oh, also if possible. Can you define an "advanced" or "more advanced" culture? I'm curious and do love to learn.
edit on 8-4-2014 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ScottProphhit

I'm talking about reality so no need to start talking about how west Africans actually built the pyramids and related nonsense

and if that is your definition of what it means to be British what is your definition of what it means to be African...try to avoid fanciful mythology please...just in advance!

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Its no coincidence that your father an Irish man is interested in India...yes it is all in the blood, you need to learn more about history!

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
If your greatest accomplishment is the country you were born in, you are one sad individual.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
it seems the foreigners need to learn some quiet desperation, it's the english way.

lol! J/K!

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

your points are around 13% legitimate.
I was there for a short moment when I was young.

points of research for you:

Immigation to United States

List of Chinese Inventions

List of inventions in medieval Islamic world

List of Indian Inventions and Discoveries

List of African scientists, inventors, and scholars

Russian Inventions

List of British Inventions

British surely had major contributions in the last 500 and more years but you don't claim the history of the civilization to be only 500 years old, do you?
edit on 9-4-2014 by demus because: hushing correct frequnecies

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
This thread is about British culture, not who invented what or what colour someones skin is.

There are black, Asian even Muslim people in this country who do embrace British culture.

The issue isn't about race, it's about a lack of understanding what this country is about, its heritage and about newcomers to the land not fully grasping what has taking hundreds of years to evolve speaking on national television claiming to know something they don't yet fully comprehend.

It sickens me that some people don't take the time to understand the context of a conversation and pull out the old race card, when in fact it has nothing to do with racism, it's about culture.

Stop the petty arguing people and get back to the topic at hand.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   

LUXUS

You might not say that if upstairs and downstairs were Somalians

My post was actually a joke, meant to show that its not at all "foreigners" you are talking about. Your response confirms that.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ScottProphhit

Before the slave trade the African empire was culturally more advanced than the British.

What on earth are you talking about?

There's never been an AFRICAN Empire - sure, there's been various empires within Africa, but that's not the same thing at all.
And by extension you seem to imply that there's a single, African culture.
Bollocks. Africa is at least as culturally diverse as any other continent on earth.
And please don't even dare suggest that it was all peaches and cream in Africa until the advent of the evil white man.
Slavery has been a common practice for as far back as records go - it was not a European invention.
And the whole continent is, and always has been, riddled with internecine tribal conflict.

Not all of the worlds problems are the fault of white Europeans and more specifically the British.

ETA.
P.S. You also seem to imply that racism is the preserve of the working class, please tell me this isn't the case.
edit on 9/4/14 by Freeborn because: Add ETA

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join