It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreigners dictating what it means to be British

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by CharlieSpeirs

British... Or English?????

The English are British, so are Scots, Welsh and Northern Irish - its not hard.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Kali74

Freeborn
reply to post by Kali74

Truth of the matter is, we have no idea what Africa or any indigenous peoples would be like today without Western interference.

Yes, that's undeniable.

The West has intentionally fomented wars between tribes, made water and food scarce to tribes in areas that has minerals, gold, diamonds or whatever else we find valuable...

Yes, there's more than an element of truth in that statement.
But do you honestly think such things didn't occur before white Europeans started 'interfering' in Africa?

Slavery amongst Africans existed hundreds and hundreds of years before 'white' men got involved.
Internecine tribal warfare has been endemic in Africa for hundreds of years as well.
As previously noted several large and powerful empires have risen and fallen in Africa - and along with that has gone the warfare, exploitation, rape, pillage etc that always goes with empire building.

You seem to want to portray an image of Africa being some sort of idyllic land of plenty free from the excesses and corruptions of those dastardly white Europeans, particularly the British it would seem.
But that is complete and utter bollocks.

Africa as a whole has a rich and vibrant heritage comprising countless cultures and societies and there is much for Africans to be proud of.
But it has never been free from the ills that trouble the rest of the world too and its ridiculous to suggest or imply as much.

White Europeans, and for the sake of this argument The British, are NOT responsible for all of the worlds ills.

then offered 'solutions' to their poverty via mining/factory jobs or arming them to fight other tribes.

In that case all blame lays on the first human that struck another in order to control them or take what they wanted, so we are all absolved of everything now.

It doesn't matter what tribes were doing to each other before. What we're seeing now is direct result of of Western actions.

I assure you I don't have some idyllic notion of tribal Africa. The treatment of women in some tribes makes me angry. But those are things for tribe members to work out among themselves same as western women fight for equality.
4000 case's of female genital mutilation in britain. Welcome to the new Britain.
Oh and dont forget we Britains have been allowing abortions based on sex.

edit on 9-4-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Freeborn
reply to post by ScottProphhit

Skin colour means nothing....as long as you are White.
How many black pride movements / organisations / awards etc are there?
Lots.
And they are lauded and promoted openly.

White equivalents?
Hmm......different story there isn't it.

Skin colour shouldn't matter - but unfortunately it does.

And heritage and culture means a lot to a lot of people, not just some white British or Europeans.
If that wasn't the case why do so many immigrants cling to their culture, their heritage and their national identity when the emigrate to other countries like the UK etc?
But its ok for them to want to cherish and hold on to their culture and 'national identity' but its not ok for Brits or English to do the same?

Hypocrisy and double standards.

Are you serious? I'm 19 but I don't act like in my parents time they weren't just starting to let brown people get the same opportunities as us paler people, they got terrorised in their own neighbourhood for being a different tone. It's ridiculous to say our culture doesn't involve all kinds of people. We used to be an empire for a start!

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse

ScottProphhit

symptomoftheuniverse
The saddest part is the british have never had the chance to vote on multiculturism. Multiculturism has all the hallmarks of divide and rule.
The british are a dying race. 40 percent of londons tenants were not born in the u.k. 25 percent of school children are none white british.
And we white british get locked up if we say anything about it.

I dont know why it matters? We are human, not a nation. Get that. There is no difference between a brown British man and a white one, do you understand colours? In order to see colour through our eyes, something has to be every colour except the colour we see. A green leaf is actually every colour but green. What colour does that make brown and white people in reality? We are #ing rainbow people
its not about colour at all,its about foreigners expecting the british to change. Some countries are united. Britain is divided.

No country is United. Can't be a unified nation until you experience unity with every other nation haha

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

Is that not illegal in the UK? People like you and the OP live under the ridiculous notion that because people come to the West and bring their culture with them that it will uproot the existing. More than one culture can exist in one place all it takes is a choice to not be ruled by xenophobia.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

So the "English majority" should get to determine the "British identity"?????

I'll tell you what's not hard...
To come to the realisation that it is blatant EDL propaganda & fearmongering!!!

& I bet half the EDL are decent people, just led astray by all this nonsense!!!!!

Peace Freeborn!!!

BTW... What does your name represent?????

Cos it doesn't come across as a Nationalist choice of name from how I perceive it!!!

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Kali74

Is that not illegal in the UK? People like you and the OP live under the ridiculous notion that because people come to the West and bring their culture with them that it will uproot the existing. More than one culture can exist in one place all it takes is a choice to not be ruled by xenophobia.
i bet you do not live next door to any roma do you?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Kali74

it is illegal but no one has been charged. People like me? Are you stereotyping there?
Hypocrisy gets the wrong all the time

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

LOL, white natives. Never thought I would hear the day. Not surprising though. Tis' a brave new world.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Multiculturalism will only prove itself worth it once some kind of catastrophe occurs and we will see if we all work together or not. I suspect we will but currently we seem to have ghettos of different immigrants who don't mix and in truth as a Brit I think at some time during the past it would have been better, had the Brits been asked if they wanted their culture to be so mixed. Its more the discourtesy of feeling swamped than having been given a choice in the first place.

I am however totally sick of hearing some immigrant try to preach to me how I should be over immigration. I notice that some of the institutions that deal with racism have personnel that are all immigrants themselves - so for me this negates all the work these institutions do.

I do think that unless immigration is contained there will be trouble simply because of numbers and the idea that recent immigrants seem to get better services than the natural population that paid for these services. However it should always be remembered that wages can be kept low when the government allows more and more people in.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

In that case all blame lays on the first human that struck another in order to control them or take what they wanted, so we are all absolved of everything now.

Human beings as a whole have the ability and capacity to commit horrific and horrendous suffering on other human beings - singling out one particular race is incorrect and unjustified.

Absolved?
I feel no blame for anything that my ancestors have done, good or bad.
I am responsible for my own actions and those alone.

It doesn't matter what tribes were doing to each other before.

What, it doesn't matter that Africans were killing and exploiting each other before Europeans 'interfered', the fact is that they are still killing and exploiting each other now means that it must be the Europeans fault?
That doesn't make sense.

What we're seeing now is direct result of of Western actions.

Without a doubt some of it is.
But by no means all.
The Rwandan genocide?
Constant warfare and strife in Sudan / Somalia etc.
Civil war in Chad and numerous other countries.
Biafra.
Numerous massacres committed by various tribes upon other tribes.

Africa isn't unique or better or worse than anywhere else, every race and continent has more than its fair share of blood on its hands.

I assure you I don't have some idyllic notion of tribal Africa. The treatment of women in some tribes makes me angry. But those are things for tribe members to work out among themselves same as western women fight for equality.

But when those and other issues are brought in to my country then I have a serious issue with it.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I've lived all over Boston. I've lived in the same building with South Americans of different countries, Haitians, Jamaicans, Africans, Muslims from different countries, Italians, Germans, Polish... I was never afraid. At the end of the day, they were families just like mine, got up every morning, went to work school, came home, kids played outside and went in for dinner and watched TV at night. They spoke a different language than me sometimes, and we'd bumble through with waves and smiles and awkward attempts at relaying information to each other.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse

Kali74

it is illegal but no one has been charged. People like me? Are you stereotyping there?

Has it even happened or is it just propaganda? Yes people like you... that believe British/English culture is under threat because of immigrants. I don't have to stereotype you, it is what you yourself claim.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Kali74

symptomoftheuniverse

Kali74

Has it even happened or is it just propaganda? Yes people like you... that believe British/English culture is under threat because of immigrants. I don't have to stereotype you, it is what you yourself claim.

Apparently there has been some Muslim girls taken out of Britain to get mutilations done, it's no where near 4000 though, I'd go as far as to say maybe 40.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

But when those and other issues are brought in to my country then I have a serious issue with it.

Yeah, so deal with that. If your laws are broken, deal with the lawbreakers as lawbreakers and not assume laws are broken because the person isn't British.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CharlieSpeirs

So the "English majority" should get to determine the "British identity"?????

And where or when have I ever suggested that - please show me.

I'll tell you what's not hard...
To come to the realisation that it is blatant EDL propaganda & fearmongering!!!

Nonsense.
Take the easy option and label anything you don't agree with as 'racist' or propaganda etc.

..... & I bet half the EDL are decent people, just led astray by all this nonsense!!!!!

And just dismiss what people believe without giving serious and considered thought to why they may actually believe what they do.

BTW... What does your name represent?????

Where is the relevance?
It represents what it represents, take it for what you will.

I'll ask you one question; have you bothered to read all this thread?
Please take the time.
If you can't be bothered to do at least click on the icon underneath your mini-profile and read all my posts in this thread - it won't take long.

Cos it doesn't come across as a Nationalist choice of name from how I perceive it!!!

Perhaps you should try and view it from others perceptions as well as your own before coming to a conclusion.

You seem to be obsessed with labelling and pigeon holing people and ideas

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Kali74

I've lived all over Boston. I've lived in the same building with South Americans of different countries, Haitians, Jamaicans, Africans, Muslims from different countries, Italians, Germans, Polish... I was never afraid. At the end of the day, they were families just like mine, got up every morning, went to work school, came home, kids played outside and went in for dinner and watched TV at night. They spoke a different language than me sometimes, and we'd bumble through with waves and smiles and awkward attempts at relaying information to each other.

thank you friend for being bright star.
this people are shouting: "we are not united!" while they only group with "their own"...
isn't that sad?
accept and learn; you may become united - actually I am sure British/English are united.
those who shout nonsense are minority.

(Junior Reid has something to say on the topic)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ScottProphhit

Are you serious? I'm 19 but I don't act like in my parents time they weren't just starting to let brown people get the same opportunities as us paler people, they got terrorised in their own neighbourhood for being a different tone.

My generation, (alas, I am considerably older than you), were probably the first who genuinely treat and regarded black people as no different from the rest of us.
That means recognising that just like any other group of people there are good and bad - I know lots of people who are different colour to me, some are good people, some are complete tossers, just the same as white people.

I have as little time for people who push the black agenda as I do for those who push the white agenda - its all complete bollocks.

It's ridiculous to say our culture doesn't involve all kinds of people.

I've never suggested for one minute that it does.
But 'national identity' shouldn't exclude the culture and heritage of white people.
And before judging the actions of people from yesteryear you really should put in context with the morals and standards of the time.
Please read the whole thread.

We used to be an empire for a start!

So what?
So were The French, Germans, Belgians, Spanish, Greeks, Persians, Mongols, Chinese, Incas, Mayans, etc.

What is that supposed to mean or imply?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Kali74

symptomoftheuniverse

Kali74

66000 wow m.bbc.co.uk...

I can not smoke in a public space.. foreigners can, shisa bars www.mancunianmatters.co.uk... we must all start smoking shisha to feel like a community! But i cant have a ciggie in my local pub

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I think I'm gonna start claiming Native American, or perhaps Chinese, and if you don't like it you can suck it!
I'm entitled...
Next I'm gonna start claiming monkey, and after that I'm going for reptilian.

How come there's this double standard when it comes to claiming nationalities?

Do you think that Chinese people would ever accept you as Chinese simply for living in Hong Kong?
Fuggedaboutit!

Like it or not, ethnicities and nationalities aren't always just arbitrary labels, only in the world of the relativistic cultural marxist.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join