It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreigners dictating what it means to be British

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by demus

Awesome song, love some good Reggae with a strong Rastafar I message.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

And where or when have I ever suggested that - please show me.

I never said you did pal!!!

I was still referring to/breaking down the contradictory statement of the video!!!

Take the easy option and label anything you don't agree with as 'racist' or propaganda etc.

If it's not propaganda, what is it??? Enlighten me please...
I'm at ATS to learn as well as share an opinion!!!
I've never once called the EDL racist... Not in conversation/debate or ever on any social network or website!!!

And just dismiss what people believe without giving serious and considered thought to why they may actually believe what they do.

Like I said they've been led astray... Nobody needs to be EDL to be against FGM, that's common sense in this Realm!!!
What else do they "believe" that is worth Media & Public time???

Stephen "Tommy Robinson" Lennon took my advice and dropped the EDL out 2 days after I told him to give it a rest helping those who destroy what is built... His next major announcement was that he was leaving the EDL!!!

I can't take all the credit though...

I'll ask you one question; have you bothered to read all this thread?
Please take the time.
If you can't be bothered to do at least click on the icon underneath your mini-profile and read all my posts in this thread - it won't take long.

I haven't I replied to the OP, I will indulge in the rest of the debate now!!!
I'll be sure to check your posts pal!!!

Perhaps you should try and view it from others perceptions as well as your own before coming to a conclusion.

Well that's impossible if you don't tell me your perception of what it means to be "Freeborn", isn't it really???

You seem to be obsessed with labelling and pigeon holing people and ideas

That's abit harsh to be fair...
I commented on the OP Video & asked a simple question... Nothing more!!!
Maybe you need to enhance your reading comprehension before you pass judgement on what I was saying, because what you implied is far from the truth!!!

Peace Freeborn!!!

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Kali74
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

I've lived all over Boston. I've lived in the same building with South Americans of different countries, Haitians, Jamaicans, Africans, Muslims from different countries, Italians, Germans, Polish... I was never afraid. At the end of the day, they were families just like mine, got up every morning, went to work school, came home, kids played outside and went in for dinner and watched TV at night. They spoke a different language than me sometimes, and we'd bumble through with waves and smiles and awkward attempts at relaying information to each other.
where do you live now? I bet its not next door to any roma! Answer the question. In my area the roma have lessons on what to do with trash. They dont know what a bin is. All payed for by our tax money of course.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

It's alot more than I thought, but apparently in one hospital only 8 were born in Britain? So it's not really a British citizen problem but radically conservative Muslims over the world. You can't use laws or legislation to change that type of thing, only education!

I remember when I first got with my ex that was one of the first things I wondered about her sexually, her family seemed conservative when it came to me but she didn't know of anyone who had went through that type of abuse.

I'm not sure what this has to do with this strange topic though

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Yeah, so deal with that. If your laws are broken, deal with the lawbreakers as lawbreakers and not assume laws are broken because the person isn't British

I think as a nation we are trying.

Interestingly many of these issues relate to the abuse of women.

Female Genital Mutilation.
Honour killings.
Grooming of vulnerable and at risk children. (unfortunately far from being unique to immigrant groups but definitely disproportionately so).
Repressive divorce laws.
Forced marriages.

Just to name a few.

However, there seems to be an element within our society that attempts to downplay and even supress reporting of these issues for fear of provoking anti-immigrant sentiments or giving the impression that all is not well with our 'multi-cultural' society.

I've never agreed with everything Trevor Phillips has expressed but I believe he gives a really interesting perspective on multi-culturism, Britishness and free speech etc.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by CharlieSpeirs

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Next to? Nope. In the same town as? Yes. Everyone hated the gypsies, I never understood why. Still don't. Mostly I guess back then (I'm going to be 40 this summer) people were still terrified of Gypsy curses. I always thought the women's skirts were beautiful. I guess the clan that lived where I did when I was little has moved on, I haven't seen any Gypsies since then.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

ScottProphhit

It's alot more than I thought, but apparently in one hospital only 8 were born in Britain? So it's not really a British citizen problem but radically conservative Muslims over the world. You can't use laws or legislation to change that type of thing, only education!

I remember when I first got with my ex that was one of the first things I wondered about her sexually, her family seemed conservative when it came to me but she didn't know of anyone who had went through that type of abuse.

what about charging people?
Thats the problem with people,we are too nice. The parents should be locked up and their children took off them.
This and peodo muslim gangs is why i suffer from xenophobia.

Maybe the good folk of the u.k want more of the above,i dont want any

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Freeborn
reply to post by ScottProphhit

Are you serious? I'm 19 but I don't act like in my parents time they weren't just starting to let brown people get the same opportunities as us paler people, they got terrorised in their own neighbourhood for being a different tone.

My generation, (alas, I am considerably older than you), were probably the first who genuinely treat and regarded black people as no different from the rest of us.
That means recognising that just like any other group of people there are good and bad - I know lots of people who are different colour to me, some are good people, some are complete tossers, just the same as white people.

I have as little time for people who push the black agenda as I do for those who push the white agenda - its all complete bollocks.

It's ridiculous to say our culture doesn't involve all kinds of people.

I've never suggested for one minute that it does.
But 'national identity' shouldn't exclude the culture and heritage of white people.
And before judging the actions of people from yesteryear you really should put in context with the morals and standards of the time.
Please read the whole thread.

We used to be an empire for a start!

So what?
So were The French, Germans, Belgians, Spanish, Greeks, Persians, Mongols, Chinese, Incas, Mayans, etc.

What is that supposed to mean or imply?

The black agenda? Equal opportunity? That's what they're pushing for. Martin Luther king had a dream that still hasn't happened.

And what I mean by the fact we had an empire and you're trying to say there is something unique about being British. There isn't. Our history, heritage, everything is irrelevant. All that matters is right now. And right now, nationality is an illusion because who does everyone work for? Corporations, and those things don't really have any culture do they.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse

ScottProphhit

Thats the problem with people,we are too nice. The parents should be locked up and their children took off them.

OK, let's start with some statistical data.
apparently "whites" are under attack and will soon go extinct...

Racial Violence UK

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse

ScottProphhit

You have xenophobia because a minority of Muslim daughters are mutilated and your own creation of "psuedo Muslim gangs" # me, a Muslim gang sounds excellent. What do they do, go around ganging up on the elderly and blowing them away with positive encouragement? Or teaching young people the difference between an asset and a liability?

You dont seem to know anything about Muslims. Have you read Malcolm X? Have you sit down and spoke to a Muslim person about their life? You clearly haven't because you gave yourself xenophobia

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
OP is a racist nutter.

First off all the panelists are British
Second, half are white, not all non-white like the video states
All the panelists are famous talking heads on British culture and identity
The whole point of panel shows is to get opposing views and have a debate
Finally the video was created by English Attitude who are a white supremacist group.

P1ss off back to the National Front, Nazi Scum.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Freeborn
reply to post by LUXUS

Well, I started watching the video and turned it off at 1:23.
The premise of the show is at fault from the start; you can't CREATE a national identity its something that simply is - and that national identity is something that is constantly evolving to reflect our society. That incorporates the culture and history of all the peoples of this land stretching back to the original pre-Celtic inhabitants right up to the most recent immigrants whose cultures will eventually be absolved and will help our society and culture continue developing.
National identity can not be created by some social engineering exercise irrelevant of who is attempting to do the 'dictating'.

This is simply politically correct, NWO, mumbo-jumbo and is complete bollocks.

However, I've got to say there does appear to be something of a racist overtone to your OP - I despise racism, of all types.

reply to post by stumason

As usual Stu, some great points excellently made and presented.

One minor point;

He is also a rastafarian, who have rather "afro-centric" views, to put it mildly.

I know a lot of Rastafarians, most are sound and some are the funniest guys you'd ever meet with a passion for life.
Sure, like in every group, some are complete arseholes - the guy in this video is definitely one of the arseholes.

reply to post by CJCrawley

It's all about the interests of big business.
The CBI and British Chambers of Commerce are pulling the political strings more so than ever.

I'd agree that there seems to be an agenda to use immigration to drive down living standards for the majority.
And I'd even say that there's possibly an agenda to use the increased tension and divisions between various groups / religions / ethnicities etc to restrict civil liberties that in turn guarantees acceptance of reduced standards of living.

But I'd say its all to favour the incestuous alliance of senior Civil Servants / Judiciary / Politicians / Bankers and Industrialists / Police etc all of whom seem to share a similar background.

Agreed with everything here!!!
Everything!!!

Peace Freeborn!!!

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by demus

The only problem with that data, is your assuming that all racial attacks were labelled as such. It excludes the possibilty of positive discrimination by the police, which i myself have witnessed on a few occasions, just because it is less trouble for them.
edit on 9/4/14 by LanceonW because: spelling

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LanceonW

Doesn't it make it more likely that all races numbers are even higher than what's shown though.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I don't get why people get so ramped up about this subject, it's simply human nature.

To use a metaphor, no one wants people to come to their house, rearrange their furniture, impose new house rules and generally take advantage of the situation and then send them a bill. Then, when a line is finally drawn, they hurl offensive accusations and cry victim.

It seems to me, if you leave your homeland for a new place, you need to embrace what it is that made it so appealing to move there in the first place, not recreate your own new version of your homeland.

It's not racist to say that or expect that - it's practical common sense. History is rife with bloody battles fought when native people got fed up and threw the invaders out. If any country has learned this lesson - it is Great Britain.

Unchecked immigration of people with no intention to assimilate combined with political correctness is just a slow motion invasion destined to lead to conflict of some sort.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

ScottProphhit

symptomoftheuniverse

ScottProphhit

You have xenophobia because a minority of Muslim daughters are mutilated and your own creation of "psuedo Muslim gangs" # me, a Muslim gang sounds excellent. What do they do, go around ganging up on the elderly and blowing them away with positive encouragement? Or teaching young people the difference between an asset and a liability?

You dont seem to know anything about Muslims. Have you read Malcolm X? Have you sit down and spoke to a Muslim person about their life? You clearly haven't because you gave yourself xenophobia

i would love to be a muslim. No problems with muslims. Stop stereotyping. Maybe you do not like reality. Truth hurts.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

LanceonW
reply to post by demus

The only problem with that data, is your assuming that all racial attacks were labelled as such. It excludes the possibilty of positive discrimination by the police, which i myself have witnessed on a few occasions, just because it is less trouble for them.
edit on 9/4/14 by LanceonW because: spelling

of course, statistical data are only useful and truthful when it suits your needs...

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

My first thought was "so what?" until I thought about it. See, I come from the US where this sort of thing is necessary. We really don't have a cultural identity (beyond Native American traditions and it's not like the average American embraces that identity) so I come from the idea that the people present should represent the culture.

But this is different. It's hard for me to look past the fact that the UK seems so similar to the US therefore I instinctively feel it should be treated the same but it shouldn't. That's not fair. The UK people do have a unique culture with proud traditions just like any other ancient culture. This really should be viewed as one.

This thread really helped remind me of that.

I don't think that cultural identity should ever be used as a tool for xenophobia or racism but it should definitely be just as protected as any other culture out there.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I'm stereotyping xenophobes? Lol youre the one that is acting out on prejudice. You say youd love to be Muslim, clearly not or you would be? You said you were scared of Muslim gangs, what is scary about that? Man your thoughts are the most powerful thing you have. Maybe read Malcolm X. Trust me.
edit on th2014-04-09T09:56:02-05:0020143030-05:00Wed, 09 Apr 2014 09:56:02 -05002014p09 by ScottProphhit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join