It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreigners dictating what it means to be British

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

stumason
reply to post by LUXUS

... and was also responsible for the ending of the global slave trade.

wow...

He also ignores that, of all the European empires, the British one was actually the most benign, even benevolent. We tried to develop the colonies, to educate the people and "civilise" them - unlike the French, Belgians, Spanish or Dutch who were ratherr more savage in their treatment of the natives.

That part got me laughing most.
While I fully respect the British empire and recognise that it was probably the biggest and strongest at its time, saying that the Brits treated their colonies in a good way while the French treated theirs savagely....
Sorry, but all empires (Spanish, French, British) have equally tried to "civilise" their colonies and abused them as well, sometimes in a "not very civilised" way...

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Galvatron

Yeah but still that's exactly my point, that's why being British means nothing. We are human and we should be thinking about what's best for all humans. Shouldn't exclude a person from your family, no matter their colour their beliefs their past or their physical condition. Culture isn't positive if it's exclusive

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ScottProphhit

Disgusting. Being British means nothing? That means being Japanese, being German, being Xhosa, being Mandarin, being Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, or Jewish means nothing.

Hogwash. I would rather a competitive environment where systems of society can evolve and better themselves in competition with one another than an environment where a system of society is meaningless. Saying that acknowledging the history of adaptation that your society went through, its heritage so to speak, is meaningless is degenerate almost by the very definition of the word, and in my opinion, a very backwards outlook.

I think Japan in the 1870s is a great example where a society realized that their overall system of society, if not their culture, was uncompetitive on an international scale. What did they do? Adapted and Japan is an amazing first world country now. What pains me, and I think a lot of people, is to see successful systems of society subverted or replaced through their own apathy by way of immigration or turning their back on the elements in the formula that made their system successful.

I would rather all peoples of the world striving to make themselves and their community better than saying "eh it doesn't matter".

One of my history profs at university said it best. Demographics is destiny. Everything in human history is, more or less, incidental to the changing demographics of humanity. It could be ethnic migration, economic changes, religious changes, government changes, whatever the demographic formula consists of, world events are incidental to them.
edit on 9-4-2014 by Galvatron because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Galvatron

Disgusting. Being British means nothing? That means being Japanese, being German, being Xhosa, being Mandarin, being Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, or Jewish means nothing.

You started correctly! But religions arent nationalities, so what does it mean? It doesn't matter how you twist it, as a Scottish kid I'm exactly the same as a Chinese or African kid, I don't look the same but if you base life on your 5 senses you're barely thinking! Why do you think they even made the UN? So we wouldnt make a real one! Where no matter where you were born, you are labelled human before that.

And if you truly think the world needs nationalism to be competive, then you obviously don't want a future where civilization develops itself only for the benefit of all people, any other way is selfish.

Oh and Japan isn't a good example, when they call all non Japanese people foreigners even if they had spent their whole life living there. That is the opposite of a great society
edit on th2014-04-09T12:39:33-05:0020143030-05:00Wed, 09 Apr 2014 12:39:33 -05002014p12 by ScottProphhit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Your last line is cognitive dissonance in the extreme. You think being born Scottish means nothing? Are your parents Scottish? Whether your like it or not, many of your beliefs and programming are of a Scottish outlook. Why do different cultures and systems of society (religion is absolutely an aspect of society) produce different solutions to similar problems? Why are Japanese people pragmatic and humble while people from Hong Kong are flamboyant and known as risk takers? Why is it that some cultures accept bargaining and bribery as a natural part of business while others find it corrupt and anti-business?

Let me guess, you promote multiculturalism at every turn, but deny those cultures at the same time, saying they're meaningless.

How much have you traveled in your life? Culture, religion, societal heritage, among others and how those shape the adaptability and future success of any given society is not meaningless.

If Turkish people are no different than Iranians, then why are their countries, customs, business practices, architecture, etc so different?

That is the opposite of a great society

Quantify and qualify that statement. It's their prerogative as a self determined group of people to be resistant to outside influence to a system that has not only been good to them, but is one they like. I've been called Gwailo in Hong Kong. So what? That's what I am. I am a foreigner to them.

EDIT: By the way, I never said it was a great society. But their societal system has certainly worked out well for them, regardless of how disagreeable you find it. Have you ever been there? Insane infrastructure, high tech jobs, it's one of the most advanced places I've ever visited.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

LUXUS

If it wasn't so sad it would be hilarious, those who own media (J's) are putting it to good use again!

The British isles happens to be the homeland of a group of white people yet here you have panels of non white foreigners and second generation immigrants dictating to white natives what it means to be British!

These foreigners assert that we are to tolerate and love their culture (multiculturalism) yet with the same breath they announce the British do not have a culture or historic inheritance.

How strange is it that you have a bunch of people who's ancestors to not come from these lands talking about what it means to be British? What would happen if a bunch of white native British went on Indian national TV and started talking about what it means to be Indian?

Why do we tolerate this stupidity, we tolerate this because the same people who are promoting this rubbish through their ownership of the media have also opened the borders to a influx of foreigners from other lands. These foreigners are then strangely consulted on what it means to be British....what a joke.

I am guessing that those behind this are busy doing this in all western "targeted" country's, let foreigners dictate your law's, identity, customs. A form of warfare, a means of destroying a country from within and we continue to tolerate it.

Thank God we don't have this in Scotland. I see it and hear it all the time from family/friends in England...
Freedom, September 18th...Bring it on

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Cognitive dissonance? from you? Wow!

Yeah my parents were born in Scotland, but that doesn't mean I'm not human. What you said about people from Hong Kong is just a stereotype, there's alot of people there it's crazy to call them all risk takers. Cultures act a certain way because of how they were taught, so what?

It's ridiculous how dissonant you are, to call me it.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

bastion
plus Great Britain is a mistranslation of the French Grande Britannia as there was no English channel separating us and Europe in Ice Ages.

I seriously doubt French was a language the last time Britain was connected to mainland Europe, the disappearance of Doggerland around 6500-5000BC when the ice retreated was the end of that.

Just throwing that out there.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Was hoping for a more grand entrance than this, but what the heck, it's time to show ourselves to the world, as this site is rather popular, and we like the Europeans, so might as well post it here. But do you want to know what that kingdom that I referred to before? Well, visit these two threads, try to read as much as you can, and you'll understand what's going on:

www.theapricity.com...(-ugly-make-up-fake-)/page114

www.eastbound88.com...

(note: to save time, start from page 114 of the 1st link)

People think nothing happened in 2012, that's not true, not true at all. Just because it didn't happen in the manner that people expect, doesn't mean that nothing happened. The fact of the matter is, the Light Bringers, along with the Anti-Christ, did arrive in 2012.

Remember a thread where people say Christians are being killed(persecuted) all over the world? Now think about this, what exactly is Heaven? A place with extremely beautiful sceneries with tons of beautiful women, correct? Well, that's us, and we can help the entire world become like that, but only if you're willing to cooperate.

The fact is, we have more beautiful sceneries than all the ancient wonders of the world combined(browse the forum of the 2nd link and you'll see that)! And I need not tell you about the girls, if you've visited those links.

You don't think Heaven is a place where you stand in the isles and worship some old guys some more, do you? I mean, how boring is that?

Anyway, after reading all of those links, here are some more things that you need to know about the Chinese:

They have 2 million spies posting on websites, blogs, youtube, etc. What exactly is their intention?

They refuse to let the West get rid of Kim Jong Un, as though they think Kim Jong Un can really do anything(he has no ICBMs right now, though I think we should give him a choice. You see, most dictators act like they do because they're despaired(by evolution) or afraid to die, as long as we can guarantee his and his soldiers' safety, then he'll cave. Don't even charge him with any crime, as long he's willing to let his people go).

It should be noted that all the dictators like Kim Jong Un, Stalin, Mao Zedong, and Pol Pot are atheists/evolutionists. I think Hitler is also atheist, though I'm not sure. Certainly, anyone who kills in the name of God cannot truly believe in him, because surely he would know that doing so would put him in Hell. Truth is, he WAS an atheist/evolutionist at heart.

So basically, a belief in a stupid textbook(claiming or implying that it represents science or the truth) where all evidences have yet to be verified killed more people than another stupid book(claiming or implying that it represents God) that also has yet to be verified(the transitional fossil problem could be likened to the Age of the Earth problem of the Bible).

The fact is, communism has never been the problem, ignorance of the truth is(I would even go as far as believing that science is the absolute truth is, but that's a little extreme, though again, what has E=mc^2 done but brought destruction, and with all of this technological progress, can you say you are truly happy with your lives? Can you say that you are truly more happy than a beautiful girl picking flowers and singing in the countryside? Surely, there has to be more to this life than just monotonously going to work and browsing the web all day, don't you think? And there is!)

Anyway, to me, we should either start teaching the Big Bang(pretty much the same as Evolution in the sense that you can never tell exactly how everything happened, and can only look at the fingerprints of the past. The difference is that it implies the existence of a Creator, as opposed to against it), and Quantum Physics, which is much more precise and interesting than the other two theories.

Or better yet, get rid of schools altogether(except to let kids socialize and play with each other). The fact is, you can learn more in one year of Googling the Internet than all 16 years of education(the Internet could be said to be the Arkashic Record of the Earth).

So how about it, let us cooperate and enter a New World altogether(try to read the first thread till the end as I've proposed a very nice solution)?

edit on 9-4-2014 by np6888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

This is going to end in frustration on both our parts. We aren't going to come to an agreement. You think all people are the same, I think people are different.

Having said that, I'm not saying that all people from Hong Kong are flamboyant risk takers. They are known as being so, and when I visited the difference was palpable contrasted with people in Japan. Stereotypes, whether you like it or not, tend to be accurate. There are ALWAYS exceptions. I dare you to try and start a stereotype that isn't accurate and make it stick. It won't because inaccurate stereotypes don't. People aren't stupid. If I tried to start the stereotype that Danish people are the most outgoing and carefree individuals, people would cock an eyebrow and call it rubbish.

You will never see me disparage anyone or any group of people for being different. But I will recognize that people are different, and recognize the difference. Ignoring the differences breeds distrust and hatred. Understanding the differences and working with them is far more positive. Saying everyone is the same also disempowers the individual, it removes any sort of reverence.

EDIT: Let me ask you this. As I think it will exemplify my point very well. Do you see a difference between Ford and Toyota? BMW and Mercedes? Skoda and Fiat? If you don't see a difference, either in looks, function, quality of parts, engineering direction, etc, then there's nothing more to discuss. If you do recognize that they their vehicles are different with different parts, different solutions to the same problem, different aesthetics, etc. then you have to realize that Companies are like microcosms of societies. All of those companies have heritage and a certain way of doing things. Like societies, they are always adapting, and in a relatively competitive environment (thats another discussion entirely) make better and better product.

I'm no dyed in the wool capitalist, and I know that example by suggest the contrary, but the example touches upon what I'm getting at.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

All people are the same while being different? How can you not understand the most simple human thing. The whole worlds state of affairs is because people think of themselves as individuals. You aren't an individual. Your mind is part of the conciousness of the whole race. This whole seperation is an illusion. The space between the molecules of your skin and the space between molecules of your clothes is the same space. The space between the atoms of you and the space between the atoms of me is also the same

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

ScottProphhit
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Now the only thing left to wonder is if the "white" technological advances is actually advancing, or just becoming less with more

If you are talking about skin colour, and I believe you are, what on earth is the point of that? What does the colour of your skin have to do with anything around technology? Tell you what, actually we've all made the wrong move and should have stayed in the oceans swimming around, sheesh, if we had then I'm sure an awful lot of whales and dolphins would feel a lot more comfortable.

I'm really surprised such an overtly racist post (the OP, not the one I'm responding to) was made on here that hasn't been reigned in. 'Foreign' doesn't equal the colour of your skin, good God, this is 2014 and we have to have these discussions?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

crazyewok

Kali74

Truth of the matter is, we have no idea what Africa or any indigenous peoples would be like today without Western interference. The West has intentionally fomented wars between tribes, made water and food scarce to tribes in areas that has minerals, gold, diamonds or whatever else we find valuable... then offered 'solutions' to their poverty via mining/factory jobs or arming them to fight other tribes.

Dont be ridiculous.

Africa had a long history of tribal warfare and poverty even before us evil whites turned up.

That why we got slaves from them in the first place, the savages were so busy at each other throats and selling each other into slavery already. Europeans just took advantages of that.

Instead of playing the blame game Africa should grow up take responsibility for there mess there in, then they may be able to get somewhere.

Using past European inference as a excuse to justify there current genocides, corruption and civil wars is just pathetic.
edit on 9-4-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

lucky for Africa European don't interfere with their business since... since when?
you don't know what you're talking about.
Africa is a nice piece of meat while many world countries are like hungry dogs, tearing it apart.

when you have African kids working on the plantations of cocoa bean almost like slaves while the major European (among others) companies are using those cocoa beans to make wide variety of chocolates for the consumers around the world it must be some kind of interference, don't you think?

at the same time, those kids/workers on the plantations never even have tried chocolate in their life!
clearly they shouldn't blame the major corporations for their destiny, after all they should take responsibility for the "mess" they were born into.

learn about Africa, "mate".

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

np6888

www.theapricity.com...(-ugly-make-up-fake-)/page114

I've never been so annoyed at racism before. The girls didn't even match? I struggle to contain myself over that #!

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Bloody Foreigners....Rubbish Band...Prefer Toto.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by uncommitted

You obviously weren't reading the discussion I jumped in? Anyway I said white because someone else did, I consider it all human, but our technological advances are disgusting. Why are their not drones flying shooting food at people?
edit on th2014-04-09T13:32:53-05:0020143030-05:00Wed, 09 Apr 2014 13:32:53 -05002014p01 by ScottProphhit because: (no reason given)

edit on th2014-04-09T13:33:12-05:0020143030-05:00Wed, 09 Apr 2014 13:33:12 -05002014p01 by ScottProphhit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

ScottProphhit

You obviously weren't reading the discussion I jumped in? Anyway I said white because someone else did, I consider it all human, but our technological advances are disgusting. Why are their not drones flying shooting food at people?
edit on th2014-04-09T13:32:53-05:0020143030-05:00Wed, 09 Apr 2014 13:32:53 -05002014p01 by ScottProphhit because: (no reason given)

edit on th2014-04-09T13:33:12-05:0020143030-05:00Wed, 09 Apr 2014 13:33:12 -05002014p01 by ScottProphhit because: (no reason given)

Why aren't drones shooting food? Excellent question, but what does that have to do with this thread which seems to assume if you can't trace your family tree back to the big bang then you aren't British?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

ScottProphhit

All people are the same while being different? How can you not understand the most simple human thing. The whole worlds state of affairs is because people think of themselves as individuals. You aren't an individual. Your mind is part of the conciousness of the whole race. This whole seperation is an illusion. The space between the molecules of your skin and the space between molecules of your clothes is the same space. The space between the atoms of you and the space between the atoms of me is also the same
i am an individual. I think for myself. Its people not thinking independatly which leads to all the worlds problems. Independent thinking people will never be conned into blindly following evil books or dictators. Think for yourself for once. Resist the evil dooers. Condemn the barbarism which you follow blindly. God is everything but people seperate themselves from the whole,by not being individually minded and joining a gang,a religion or secret society.
Is not the very essence of being human free will?
edit on 9-4-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I'm not arguing for the sake of it. Anyway would you prefer it was On topic? The topic is daft

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

Nah? The strive of personal gain is the root of this worlds problems you silly goose. I'm done, you obviously won't unlearn what you've been taught.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join