It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Personality Test. Which One Are You?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
If you put a gun to my head - #3.

"You are comfortable spending hours alone with your thoughts and rarely become bored."

Spot on.

They all describe me a little bit, but none completely.

It's interesting - though not surprising - that most are choosing #3, the introspective type.

If you are an out-and-out psychopathic pleasure-seeker, you're not going to be spending hours alone every day messing about with a computer keyboard.

I don't have a favourite colour and never have had; kids would always ask me at school, but I could never think of one. That and "Which team do you support?"

I definitely DON'T LIKE yellow, green, and brown.

And yet, oddly, the descriptions are uncannily accurate.

There's some deep psychology in there somewhere...

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
In the interest of giving it a legitimate go I evaluated each picture. In the end I chose number five. I liked the contrast between the black background, bolder front colors, and their basic geometric shapes. The vertical lines gave it a bit of structure to the offset portion, which I also liked. I looked over each one, and while 4 and 3 were also enticing, my eye kept going back to number 5.

Here's what that says about me:

5. Professional and self-assured
You take charge of your life, and place less faith in your luck and more in your own actions. You solve problems in a practical, uncomplicated manner. You take a realistic view of things in your daily life and tackle them without fuss. You are given responsibility at work, because people know that you can be depended upon. You project self-assurance to others. You are a born leader and organiser. Although you work well in a team, ideally you should be the one giving the orders. After all, you are usually right!

I don't know about usually being right, or even the one to give orders, but I will admit I'll often take charge in situations because I know I can make better calls than some of the other people; proven by experience, not arrogance.

The rest of it is surprisingly accurate. I don't believe in luck, though I sure don't mind when it happens! I know that my actions are my own, and any result in my life is most often the direct result of them. I'm a problem solver by nature, and a bit of a pragmatist. I am confident, partly because I believe in my own ability, and I do project it even when I'm unsure of my path - because when people that count on me (be it my daughter, coworkers or friends) look to me I want them to be assured that things will be okay. I'm trusted to manage a multimillion dollar infrastructure, with minimal supervision and I'm a successful single parent with a healthy social life.

So, color me surprised. This grabbed at least one slice of my personality accurately. Oh I have my doubts, I have many limitations and flaws, but the big thing is that they are a part of me, but do not define me. My actions and success do, not my fears and self-recrimination.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I picked #3 .. and a lot of that fits. WOW.
I read the others and they don't fit me at all. #3 mostly does.

Interesting.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Wow, lots of 3s and 8s --

I've been watching the thread - seems like lots of us have the same 'personality' - which explains, uhm, why we are all here?

Threesandeights FTW!!

I thought the test was fun, fascinating. Kind of like astrological profiles of "Zodiac Sign" things. I've taken the Myers-Briggs thing, too.... but don't recall at the moment what it was.....INFJ I think...

are all of us 3s and 8s in the same camp there, too?

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

BuzzyWigs

I've been watching the thread - seems like lots of us have the same 'personality' - which explains, uhm, why we are all here?

Threesandeights FTW!!

I thought the test was fun, fascinating. Kind of like astrological profiles of "Zodiac Sign" things. I've taken the Myers-Briggs thing, too.... but don't recall at the moment what it was.....INFJ I think...

I am an ISFJ

I guess it's similar?

ISFJs live in a world that is concrete and kind. They are truly warm and kind-hearted, and want to believe the best of people. They value harmony and cooperation, and are likely to be very sensitive to other people's feelings.

ISFJ

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Oh wow !!!!
Thank you so much

I've saved the pdf down onto my hard drive. Not likely to get time to read it until the weekend, but I will read it and appreciate the link.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

3, 1 and 8 in that order
Its spot on

edit on 2-4-2014 by Nochzwei because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

BuzzyWigs

Threesandeights FTW!!

Funnily enough 8 would have been my second choice too.
I'm nowhere near as strongly drawn to that as to no.3 (and I really hate the number 8) but on pattern and colour it would have been my pick if 3 wasn't there.

I find these things fun too and I'm actually really looking forward to reading the document with the theory behind it (if only there were more hours in a day!)
I find it difficult to put too much faith in the results though - I just think that people are far more complex and individual than that. But who knows? Maybe I'll have a change of heart after reading more about it.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

The theory of Personality Types, as it stand today, contends that:

An individual is either primarily Extraverted or Introverted

An individual is either primarily Sensing or iNtuitive

An individual is either primarily Thinking or Feeling

An individual is either primarily Judging or Perceiving

So the difference between us is Sensing or Intuitive, I guess.
Hm. Kind of tricky to separate those two....

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I picked #2 and #7 both are pretty accurate descriptions of me...

and i chose those 2 because i have a thing for symmetry to the point of obsession..

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

BuzzyWigs

The theory of Personality Types, as it stand today, contends that:

An individual is either primarily Extraverted or Introverted

An individual is either primarily Sensing or iNtuitive

An individual is either primarily Thinking or Feeling

An individual is either primarily Judging or Perceiving

So the difference between us is Sensing or Intuitive, I guess.
Hm. Kind of tricky to separate those two....
I kind of thought they were the same thing too, so I did some pootling and found this..

"Sensing (S)
Paying attention to physical reality, what I see, hear, touch, taste, and smell. I’m concerned with what is actual, present, current, and real. I notice facts and I remember details that are important to me. I like to see the practical use of things and learn best when I see how to use what I’m learning. Experience speaks to me louder than words.
"

"Intuition (N) Paying the most attention to impressions or the meaning and patterns of the information I get. I would rather learn by thinking a problem through than by hands-on experience. I’m interested in new things and what might be possible, so that I think more about the future than the past. I like to work with symbols or abstract theories, even if I don’t know how I will use them. I remember events more as an impression of what it was like than as actual facts or details of what happened. "

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Aside from this part? :

I would rather learn by thinking a problem through than by hands-on experience.

I was fine with the "N" thing.........but no.
I'd rather learn by lived experience. (Apparently).
Oh well....
it's just a score on a quiz....

In my life, I've found I learn best by seeing an example, hearing about it, studying, and - most importantly - trying it.
For better or worse. Trying it.

Dancing outside the fire isn't my bag.

edit on 4/2/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Sorry for not taking part more in my thread. My job interferes with my time here.

Thank you to everyone for the great posts. I'm reading and loving it.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

No, it's cool!!!

Sorry if we sorta derailed it by mentioning the Myers-Briggs and so forth.

I'm really enjoying the thread!
Love,
BW 3/8

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Wow, I can't believe this was so accurate?

I was immediately drawn to #2, but then I studied the pictures, and I like #7. My personality is probably most similar to what is described in #2, and it definitely has strong tendencies in #7 too. Wow.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

BuzzyWigs
reply to post by sled735

No, it's cool!!!

Sorry if we sorta derailed it by mentioning the Myers-Briggs and so forth.

I'm really enjoying the thread!
Love,
BW 3/8

No, please, go ahead. I like the conversation.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
It was 6 or 9.. i couldn't choose. After reading, i'm more of a 6 in the hope of being a little bit 9.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

None of the Above , Now What ? I do like this on though , how about you ?

i297.photobucket.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I picked none.
The personality is nothing but a set of conditioned ways of thinking feeling.
The person is not of interest to me, who I really am is. And who I am is not identifying with this or that self image on facebook and saying that describes me(ego). What about people that pick pretty colors simply because they just like what the color symbolizes? What about people that picked two do they have a multiple personality ?
The Facebook Quiz "Personality as a gushy facebook flattering ego trip.
You are all not a set of conditioned habitual thinking feeling behavours/personalities .
LOVE PEACE (and more love and peace).

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
#5 is for me..

I'm gonna say ..it's 95.99% correct

I'll be back tomorrow and discuss it at length

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join